GOTTA BE YOU- MINZY PART 1

2NE1- SHORT STORIES

 

GOTTA BE YOU- MINZY PART 1

 

 

“Tao!?”     “Minzy!” both of them hugged each other until the unnies noticed their closeness and skinship.

 

Minzy introduced the unnies to Tao as the rest of the girls gave Minzy meaningful stares.

 

“Who is he again?” CL raised an eyebrow teasing their maknae

 

“Unnie… he is Tao… my classmate in highschool.” Minzy replied with her voice faltering with every word

 

“If I wasn’t mistaken, you said he was your seatmate and ?!?!?! OMOMOMOMOMOMOMO!!!” Bom stated making Minzy blush

 

“And then you added CRUSH! Whoa!” Dara added to which Minzy and Tao both got shy.

 

“Ani… we are just playing you know that right?” Bom asked looking at Tao’s direction who was blushing as well.

 

“Gwenchana.” Tao smiled as he side glanced Minzy who had her head hanging low, when she raised her head again… Minzy’s cheeks were bright red.

 

“Are you alright?!” Tao asked in concern

 

“Neh… mian!” Minzy uttered as she faced her friends and gestured for them to cut it out.

 

“ARasso… baby Minkki-ah! We will leave you guys… you have plenty of catching up to do!” Dara exclaimed as the three girls went to the buffet table and helped themselves to their heart’s content.

 

“I’m sorry about that! They tend to tease me a lot! I am the youngest girl among them so they bully me!” Minzy scratched her head as Tao just giggled.

 

“And you bully them back!” Tao jested that earned him a light smack on his shoulder from Minzy.

 

“Yah! After how many years of not meeting each other and the first thing you do is TEASE ME?!” Minzy uttered as a flashback came to her mind.

 

FLASHBACK

Senior year had just began, and the students are all trying to adjust to the new sections they were assigned to.

 

Minzy was thankful that among her classmates were her friends since gradeschool.

 

“Aigoo! Why can’t we just choose our own seating arrangement?” Minzy blurted out as the class president announced the new seating arrangement.

 

The school had a rule that for every quarter they will have a different seating arrangement to get to meet and know their other classmates.

 

Minzy was shocked to learn when she saw where she was positioned… she was not small and she was not that tall as well, so she thought to herself… why was she placed in the second to the last row in between two giants… the one on her left was a basketball player and the other one her right was one of the heart throbs in school being in the varsity team of both basketball and martial arts… his name is Tao.

 

Scary looking at first… because of his towering height and at the same time those eyes that looked like they were always angry especially in the morning.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Minji-imnida!” Minzy greeted to which Tao just nodded, it seemed that he was a bit sleepy so he rested his head on his desk and closed his eyes.

 

Then afterwards, their Social Studies teacher walked in and they started their lessons. Since it was just the beginning of the school year, it was getting a bit boring and it was not helping that the teacher was just reading what he expects the students to accomplish.

 

Minzy was trying very hard to focus her attention to the teacher to avoid catching the sleepiness around her, when she saw Tao move and tried to stretch his arms a bit… when Tao’s hand accidentally brushed the right side of Minzy, she suddenly jerked that got Tao’s attention.

 

Tao then once again poked Minzy’s side and she jerked once again. Minzy was a bit ticklish and she was caught off guard by Tao’s sudden action that she might have overreacted but then Tao repeated it twice or thrice… Minzy couldn’t contain her laugh as Tao just kept on poking her finding it amusing.

 

“Hehehehehe, you’re ticklish!” Tao whispered.

 

“Stop it!” Minzy uttered in a low voice trying to pry Tao’s hand away from her side

 

“Andwae! This subject suddenly became interesting!” Tao teased as Minzy faced Tao and stared at her hard warning him to stop it already.

 

Tao kept on poking Minzy until she couldn’t contain it any longer…

 

PUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! STOP IT ALREADY!

 

She shouted out so loud that caught everyone’s attention and had all their eyes looking at the two, and it was not a comfortable position… Tao’s hands were being held by Minzy by the wrist with Tao’s teasing expression.

 

After their SOCIAL STUDIES it was already recess time, Minzy’s friends gathered around her to ask her what happened as they all gathered at the back of the classroom, Minzy was facing her friends trying to explain to them when Tao suddenly walked behind her and once again attacked her sides… yes, this time… both her right and left side were poked which caused her to jump up and shriek.

 

KYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! TAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

 

Minzy’s friends were all shocked to see how quickly the two became friends and became comfortable with the skinship, with Tao initiating it and Minzy being okay with it.

 

After that the two became best of friends.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

The awarding ceremony was done and everyone was lending a hand to clean up. The group was busy cleaning up as they stack the chairs up, Sehun and Kai were seen being their playful selves running around the clubhouse trying to hit each other. While Chen and Lay were disassembling the tables while CL, Dara and Bom were folding up the table covers and putting aside the centrepieces of the table. Kris and Xiumin were trying to get Kai and Sehun to finish the chairs, while Chanyeol, Minzy and Tao were cleaning up the sound system.

 

Minzy already introduced Tao to the group and everyone was giving Minzy the knowing look, to which Minzy just gave them back a helpless look.

 

“I can see you have totally overcome your stage fright!” Tao exclaimed as the two sat by the swing in the playground after cleaning up.

 

“Ah neh…” Minzy replied shyly

 

“Yah! Minzy-ah… you are way past your bedtime!” Xiumin jested as the rest of the group were on their way home.

 

“Tao-ah… you can walk uri Minzy home… it’s just near the clubhouse.” Bom jested.

 

“Unnie!!!” Minzy shouted while trying to hide her blush.

 

“Neh noona!” Tao nodded as Minzy slapped his shoulder.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Minzy was chosen to sing the national anthem at an event in school to be held at the auditorium, she asked Tao to accompany her in the auditorium to get a feel of the stage, together with some of their friends they asked the permission from their teacher.

 

Their other friends were busy talking in the seats marvelling at how their auditorium looks so huge without people in it. Minzy then slowly walked towards the center stage, as she searched where her friends were seated.

 

She waved weakly, breaking into cold sweat…

 

After a moment, her friends saw Minzy standing as they all cheered.

 

MINZY! MINZY! MINZY!

 

FIGHTING!!!

 

“Omo! I do hope she could sing!” one of Minzy’s friends uttered in concern

 

“Yeah… she sings well, but when she stands on stage… she suddenly freezes!”

 

“Omo! Do you have water… we better prepare something to calm her if and when she passes out!”

 

“We should go to her already… she looks so pale!”

 

Just when her friends were about to go up the stage… they saw Tao walk heading towards her direction on stage.

 

Tao then nodded his head to someone positioned up at the control room, as if giving a signal…

 

 

Then after that, a bright light opened and was directed towards the center stage, Tao then leaned down and whispered to Minzy’s ear.

 

“Look at that light… always look at it… it will momentarily blind you for a moment… not allowing you to see the crowd… deep breath… and sing.”

 

Tao then walked down the stage and sat in the front row looking at Minzy intently waiting for her to sing.

 

Minzy took a deep breath, looked at the light and then panned her eyes towards the empty seats towards the place where her friends were seated and to the one person sitting in the front row and began to sing.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

The following day, Minzy was out at the mall with her boyfriend who was running late once again for the nth time.

 

“Mian Minkki-ah… I woke up late from my shift down at the bar!” Bry uttered making a pouty face.

 

“Arasso… arasso… c’mon we will be late for the movie!” Minzy uttered as she dragged him towards the cinema.

 

After their movie date, the two then decided to eat at a certain restaurant while Bry seemed to be lost in thought.

 

Minzy noticed that he was out of it, so she decided to ask.

 

“What’s wrong?” Minzy asked feeling a bit nervous with the situation she was in.

 

“Minji...” Bry started and then paused, as if gathering his thoughts.

 

“We’ve lost our touch, haven’t we?” Minzy uttered keeping a straight face, Bry just remained silent and kept his head down.

 

“I had a feeling we were coming to this already… it has been routinary lately… a bit bland and boring…I have to admit.” Minzy continued seeing that Bry wasn’t saying anything.

 

“Mian Minji… I did love you…but as you have said… we’ve lost it.” Bry uttered trying to see if she was crying.

 

“Just go… enough talks… just go… and thank you for loving me and being honest with me.” Minzy nodded her head and just waved her hand signalling towards Bry to just walk away.

 

As Minzy looked up, she saw the man whom she loved for 2 years walk out of her life just like that.

 

“Tsk! Damn heart! When will you ever learn?” Minzy thought to herself as she stood and walked out of the restaurant without ordering anything and without even shedding a tear.

 

Meanwhile…

 

“Hon… hon! I want this! Can you buy this for me?” a shrieking high voice trying to sound cute was pleading

 

“Don’t you have too many bags already?” Tao uttered letting out a sigh as he has been tailing his girlfriend around the boutique for an hour already.

 

“A girl can never have too much bag!” Shai stated feigning a shock as she looked at herself in the mirror.

 

“Hon… I’m hungry… can we eat first?” Tao pouted his lips, this time it was his turn to act cute.

 

“Arasso… you and your big tummy!” Shai smiled as she hugged Tao and they headed out the boutique.

 

“Can we have some STEAK?” Tao side glanced at his girlfriend

 

“Honnnnnnn~~~ you know I am on a diet and I need to maintain this figure, my trainer says to stay away from red meat for a month… I can’t!” Shai rolled her eyes

 

“Please… pretty please… I am mighty hungry and I want me some MEAT!” Tao insisted much to Shai’s annoyance.

 

“Yah! You and your childish ways! Stop it… you are a grown man already!” Shai stated

 

“Heh! It only works for you whenever you want something from me! Hmph!” Tao uttered under his breath

 

“Mworago?” Shai asked

 

“Nothing… c’mon… goat… let’s go get you some grass.” Tao stated in a condescending tone much to his girlfriend’s annoyance.

 

“What did you just call me?”

 

“Goat?”

 

Slap!

 

It was a good thing Tao was able to avoid it by holding on to her hand.

 

“How dare you call me an animal!? How dare you treat me like this?! I should be treated like a queen!” Shai uttered as she was being held and being calmed by Tao to avoid making a much bigger scene.

 

“And I should be treated like a king for treating you like a queen… buying all the things you want!” Tao answered back sticking his tongue out.

 

“A childish king! Hah!” Shai shouted back as they were slowly making a scene out in the public.

 

“Isn’t that Shai?”

 

“Omo! She is a famous super model!”

 

“Is that her boyfriend? If they are going to break up… I will be the first in line to apply to be his rebound girl!”

 

“That’s HUANG ZITAO! He was featured as one of Asia’s Hot Men… omo! Can I be his girlfriend?!”

 

“Not only is he HOT as hell… he is RICH as well! He is managing TIME CONTROL; a huge clothing brand owned by his parents.”

 

A lot of the people are already looking at them, Tao noticed it and tried to get his act together when another slap hit him right smack in the face.

 

Tao held his cheek, looked at Shai with his deep, dark eyes, as he suddenly walked out and left her in the middle of the mall.

 

 

Bry was aimlessly walking around the mall, trying to think things through, trying to internalize that Minzy and him were no more already… at the far corner of the mall… she could hear someone in a helpless tone of voice cry out…

 

 

 

HELP! HELP!

 

 

Then a guy was running towards him and he saw that a couple of mall security were running after the guy… his instinct was to trip the guy causing the guy to fall face first on the floor.

 

“Thanks sir!” the  security officer stated trying to catch his breath as a shining woman stepped forward

 

“You bastard! How dare you take my LOUIS VITTON purse! Scumbag!”

 

The lady then looked at Bry handing the purse back to the woman.

 

“Thank you so much…”

 

“My name is Bry… and you are…”

 

 

“Shai.”

O========O========O

 

 

 

running off again...

 

 

 

 

show some love

 

 

comment down below

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~