KISS- DARA PART 4 2/2

2NE1- SHORT STORIES

KISS- DARA PART 4 2/2

 

Dara was being carried back to the lab that created her. CD, her younger brother was the best creation of the lab so far. Because they somehow perfected Dara’s imperfection.

 

Which was her emotions. Dara, being a woman, generally has tendencies to be emotional. Which was her downside, the LAB wanted to create a specimen that was emotionless so that whatever they ask it to do, it will do it without any question or hesitation.

 

Dara woke up in a cell and found herself bounded and chained to the wall. She was slightly elevated, which was making it harder for her to breathe as it was stretching out her lungs.

 

She looked at her surroundings, slowly calculating her probability of escape. When she turned her attention to a dark corner, she realized that there was someone standing by the corner.

 

“You’re awake! That’s good! I thought CD broke you already… seeing you bleed breaks my heart Dara-ah!” the voice uttered with a chilly tone

 

“What do you want from me?” Dara struggled to speak as she found it painful to move her face, it seems as though she was beaten up.

 

“Why of course my dearest one… I needed to finish my work on you… you are such a waste if I didn’t upgrade you… you were the first you know? You were the success I was waiting for, but then she had the guts to slip you out of the facility and give you this so-called freedom… heh…I needed to kill her to prove to everyone that I am doing this seriously…she was such a waste, Jessica…serves her right!” the voice uttered with a tone of disgust.

 

“You will never have your way with me… ack! ARGH!” Dara was about to finish her sentence when she felt a sudden surge of pain creeping at her back which made her scream out of pain.

 

 

“I already had my way with you Dara-ah… do you think I would wait till you woke up before I start injecting you? No… my dearest one… I want to see the look in your eyes once you find out that there is no escaping me.” The stranger then walked towards the light to show Dara his face.

 

“J-junsu? Please stop this… there is a side effect to your creation… and I am a living proof of it…stop this madness… please!” Dara uttered as she saw her creator, still the same as she remembered him to be.

 

“I know of the side effects, which is why I have perfected it already… your brother was so willing to be my lab rat… there were mishaps along the way but I already solved it… I can never let you go… Dara-ah, you were like a daughter to me… so I need my daughter to be perfect just like her brother. Don’t worry, my dear… it will be over soon!” Junsu stated as he kissed her cheek and left the room.

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” Dara screamed as another surge of pain was felt on her back which made her go berserk.

 

Dara was the perfect experiment Junsu had. Her body was accepting every chemical he inserted in her. Except there was one flaw to her, her emotions were still intact no matter what type of elixir or chemical he tried to inject in her.

 

Dara was scent-less, fast, strong, a day and night walker, can hide within a crowd of humans and vampires, and a good tracker but she has a heart which weakens her potential strength.

 

Junsu finally found a way to stop emotions to which he experimented on Dara’s brother who was created with the same genes and traits that of Dara’s. He was successful of him and that was when Junsu ordered the manhunt for Dara to perfect her imperfection.

 

Dara didn’t want to become a heartless being… that is her only chance of feeling that she belonged that she was somewhat human also, if that was taken away from her then there is nothing humane left in her.

 

O=============o==========o

 

Baekhyun was staying in the mansion and guarding CL who was anxiously waiting for Kris to come back, since Kris and the others headed for the pier where they thought Bom was being taken to.

 

“CL? I need to tell you something…” Baekhyun hesitated for a moment as CL sat closer to him in the library.

 

“What is it?” CL asked as she looked at Baekhyun’s uneasiness

 

“I don’t know if I should be the one to tell you or she should be the one to tell you… but I am going all out here and say it straight…” Baekhyun was procrastinating, trying to see some signs if what he was going to say is going to impact Dara’s friends or not.

 

“Baekhyun… just say it!” CL was growing a bit impatient out of curiosity

 

“It’s about Dara.” Baekhyun started.

 

“OMO! You have met unnie? When? How? Wait! Are you two-?” CL blurted out asking one question and another.

 

“One question at a time.” Baekhyun smiled as he gestured his hands and asked CL to calm down.

 

“Yes, I have met her even before I met hyung’s pack. I think February of this year? She was a bit drunk that time, I think she came from a party.” Baekhyun tried to recall.

 

“If it was February, then she was coming from my birthday celebration then.” CL exclaimed getting excited over the fact that there might be some love connection between the two.

 

“As for the how-question… I don’t know whether to go into details in this one… I think I should wait and let her tell you this… for the next question, that I can answer… I like her… and I care about her and I am worried for her… we have met and dated a few times now… and I think I am, what you call, her boyfriend… for that matter… but I am still unsure, cause I only got an answer last night before everything happened.” Baekhyun explained.

 

“Is she your BEAUTY then?” CL asked which made Baekhyun think for a moment.

 

“That I am not sure of… cause… I don’t know what it feels like having a BEAUTY… what it does to a wolf… I don’t know… but all I know is that-“ Baekhyun stopped in mid-sentence as he felt a knot in his stomach, as if someone punched him.

 

“What is it? What’s wrong?” CL noticed it as she saw Baekhyun writhing in pain.

 

“My stomach hurts!” Baekhyun stated.

 

“D-Dara-unnie!” CL uttered as she ran out of the room to look for Lay.

 

CL came back together with Lay, as they found Baekhyun steadying himself up in one of the chairs.

 

Lay ran towards him to check up on him and nodded at CL.

 

“I think this answers my questions regarding your BEAUTY Baekhyun-ah” CL stated as she patted his back trying to ease the pain.

 

“Wh-what do you mean by that?” Baekhyun uttered as Lay helped him to lie down on the couch.

 

“Baekhyun-ah… the reason you are feeling pain in your stomach… that is your instinct telling your sorry that your BEAUTY is in danger.” Lay explained as he lessened the pain in his stomach.

 

“That means Dara is in danger!” Baekhyun struggled to stand up as he tried to get out of the room and head for her house.

 

“Where are you going!?” CL and Lay chorused as they watched him struggle to head out the door.

 

“I need to check on her…if what you say is true, then something must have happened to her for me to feel this way!” Baekhyun stated as he ran out the door.

 

O=============o=============o

 

Days have passed and still Dara was still chained to the wall as Junsu found it very intriguing how Dara’s system was rejecting all that they have injected in her. It was either she throws it all up or nothing happens.

 

“Please… if you are just going to kill me… then kill me now, please!” Dara was at her limits… her body was so beaten up, because… after Junsu injects her with an emotion suppressant he would order Dara to fight with her brother, to which in the end CD beats Dara up, concluding that the elixir didn’t work on her. Because Dara was still holding on to herself and not berserking all the way.

 

She then overheard one of the guard inform Junsu about a certain failure in the warehouse about the created wolf having escaped and the team that was in charge of it was killed by Kai.

 

Dara’s thoughts then lingered onto Bom and worried over her.

 

“I hate it when things don’t go according to plan… why do women always present a strange threat and puzzle to my creations? Why oh why?” Junsu uttered as he walked circling Dara who was now chained and elevated in the center of the room.

 

“It seems as though you women are very much accepting when it comes to being different, but once I alter your traits, you tend to rebel and fight it… why is that!?” Junsu stated as he injected Dara another serum to test it on her.

 

He then released Dara from her chains and asked her to fight with CD. Dara shook her head and stated.

 

“Not now… not ever!” Dara uttered as she spat out blood after receiving a blow to the stomach from CD who was acting according to Junsu’s orders.

 

“Why not be like him, Dara? Be obedient, like your brother!” Junsu taunted her, trying to find out what makes her tick and give in to her berserk mode.

 

“I’d rather suffer the torture than fall for your craziness!” Dara uttered with her frail looking body, bruises everywhere, a cut on her lip, an open wound on her forehead, her eyebrow cut with blood flowing freely from it.

 

She could barely see from the amount of beatings she has already received the past few days. Every bone in her body has already been broken, healed and broken.

 

“What is it with you Dara?! How come you are still alive, despite all the beatings CD did to you… you should be dead by now. Didn’t expect you to last this long!” Junsu uttered as he lifted her chin to make her face him.

 

“Please… just let me die!” Dara pleaded as she cried as blood came out of her eyes instead of tears.

 

“That’s just the problem Dara-ah… you can’t die! I can’t kill you! You can’t be killed!” Junsu reiterated with frustration as his voice echoed through the room.

 

O=============o===========o

 

After a few days, Baekhyun came back to the mansion, CL mentioned to Kris of what she has found out a few days ago before Baekhyun disappeared.

 

“I can’t find her!” Baekhyun uttered in disbelief as he went straight to CL and kneeled in front of her.

 

“Baekhyun-ah… you need to rest… lie down and rest first, please… you look so beaten up… have you even eaten yet?” CL uttered as she led Baekhyun on one of the couch and asked him to lie down.

 

Chen and Chanyeol joined CL by the living room watching some TV when Baekhyun came back looking torned, lost and dishevelled.

 

The two boys then prepared a couch for Baekhyun to lie down on.

 

“I can’t rest until I stop feeling this in my gut! I can’t stop now, now that I know that she is out there in danger or in pain!” Baekhyun uttered close to tears.

 

Kris then came rushing towards his friend and knelt beside the couch.

 

“Baekhyun-ah… you need to rest first… and tell us everything… from the very beginning… rest first!” Kris calmed him down as he asked Lay to slowly put him into slumber.

 

It was already night time when Baekhyun came around. He found himself in his bedroom and found CL by his bedside squeezing out the excess water from the damp cloth she has placed on his forehead.

 

“You’re awake… are you hungry? DO cooked some soup for you, it will make you a bit better” CL smiled as she helped Baekhyun sit straight up.

 

Knock Knock Knock.

 

Then the door slowly opened and then in came Bom, slowly peeking inside.

 

“Is he alright now?” Bom asked as she slowly walked inside.

 

Baekhyun smiled as he slowly ate the soup.

 

The two women, then waited for Baekhyun to finish the soup, and then…

 

 

“So… what about Dara?” CL and Bom chorused as they looked intently at Baekhyun, waiting for some answers.

 

Baekhyun released a sigh as he gave in and told them everything, right from the moment he first met Dara to the last time he saw her.

 

“Omo, another friend of ours is a different creature!? Is that okay?” Bom wondered aloud.

 

“Unnie, whatever do you mean by that?” CL asked looking at Bom who was staring up at the ceiling

 

“I mean… aren’t wolves and vampires mortal enemies?” Bom asked

 

“Ani… they aren’t” Baekhyun replied

 

“Then TWILIGHT is a fake then!” Bom concluded as she stood up and walked out of the room.

 

“Eh?!” Baekhyun and CL were left dumbfounded by her statement.

 

CL accepted the truth about her friend and still thinks of Dara as her friend after knowing about her true self.

 

“Dara-ah… see? How easy your life must have been if you were just honest with them!” Baekhyun thought as he looked at CL’s retreating figure.

 

When CL walked out of the room, Baekhyun then placed his forearm on his eyes as he shut it and then he spoke.

 

“Please save your snide remarks for later… I need your help!” Baekhyun uttered by himself as he heard a laugh and then the door opened.

 

“Anything…” Kris uttered as he was the first one to walk inside the room and then followed by the rest as Kai appeared beside him.

 

The whole pack heard all that he told the two ladies, thanks to Sehun’s wind ability… his wind travelled Baekhyun’s voice to where they were to let them in on the secret. It was like there was a hidden microphone inside the room wherein they can hear whatever it was that was being talked about.

 

“So… hyung… you’re a vampire-lover now!” Kai teased as Baekhyun threw dagger stares at him.

 

“I can’t track her… it’s hard to track her, since she has no scent… all I can smell is somewhat like a very pungent smell… that’s all!” Baekhyun uttered.