Going to school

Complicated Love

It wasnt hard for Hyoyeon to accept the offer for school. She couldnt miss the chance of going to one of the best schools of Seoul, plus she knew could graduate and get a better job to pay off her debts. Going to school didnt change much for her, she still had to work and tutor Eunhyuk for money. 

As for Eunhyuk, he loved the idea of Hyoyeon going to school. He didnt want to admit it, but he was pretty shocked and happy about it, but as usual, when he recieved the news, he acted as if he didnt care. 

 

Hyoyeon shyly walked into the hall of the school. She was amazed by how big and nice it was. The lobby was huge and circular. In the middle, there was 4 black leather couchs placed in a sqaure. She looks ahead and sees a big office filled with the teachers and employees. Both sides of the office had a big hallway and of course, the hallways on the side had red lockers. The hall was filled with chatty students, but what her attention was Eunhyuk chatting with his friends. She wanted to go to him for help, but she was afriad what he would say. 

As she walked towards the office, she could feel the tense stare of every student she passed by. Hyoyeon acted as if she didnt mind but she felt very uncomfortable about the whole new student thing. She awkwardly entered the office with a shy smile.

" Annyeonghaseyo. " She bowed to the secretery. " Im Kim Hyoyeon, the new student. " 

" Oh yes, I heard you were coming. " The secretery said and took out a piece of paper from her folder and a uniform that was hanging on her desk. " Here are your classes and uniform. If you need help, just come to talk to me. " She kindly smiled and shook Hyoyeon's hand, " Im Mrs. Park. " 

Hyoyeon kindly smiled and nodded. She exited the office and read her classes. Being the new student, she was scared to ask anyone for help, instead, she tried to find her way around the school, but since she wasnt paying attention where she was going, she accidently bumped into someone. 

" Omo, Im so sorry. " Hyoyeon apologized to the guy who picked up his books. 

The guy got up with a charming smile, " Hyoyeon? You go here?" He asked.

Hyoyeon was shocked to see him, but at the same time, she was relieved he was there. " Donghae right?" She smiled.

" Glad you remember me. " He flashed her a smile. " Im guessing your new here? I havent seen you around. " 

She nodded, " Yeah, its my first day. I dont exactly know where to go. " She nervously laughed. 

Donghae smiled and admired her cuteness, " What class do you have first?" 

Hyoyeon looked at her paper before answering, " Uhm, chemistry with Mrs. Lee." 

Donghae widely smiled, " Really? Same here! " He exclaimed, causing Hyoyeon to smile at him, " You wouldnt mind going together?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck.

" As long as im not alone. " She gave him a smile. Donghae smiled back and was about to walk ahead but Hyoyeon spoke, " Wait, I have to change and go to my locker. " 

" Sure, the washroom's over there." He pointed at the door that was on the other end of the hallway. " Where's your locker?" 

Hyoyeon looked down at her paper, " Uhm, #201."

" Awe that , mine's #403, but yours is the one by that girl. " He pointed at a girl who wore black glasses and had her hair tied in a long ponytail. " I'll just meet you by your locker. I have to get my book, I got the wrong one. " He laughed. 

" Alright, see you. " She waved at him with a smile before walking away.

Donghae watched her with a smile on his face. Without her wearing those kind of clothes, she's pretty cute. He thought and looked at her before walking away.

 

After changing into her uniform, she went straight to her locker. She was surprised to see the girl still standing there at her locker. She had black long hair and she had a slim body and long legs. 

" Excuse me. " Hyoyeon politely said to get her attention. 

The girl turned around while poking her glasses in the middle to move it up her face. " N-neh?" The girl had a nervous tone.

" My locker's right there. " She pointed to the locker next to the girl, which she was blocking.

" O-oh, Im sorry. " She immediantly moved to the side. 

Hyoyeon kindly smiled, " Its alright. " She said and opened her locker.

As Hyoyeon went through her stuff, she could hear people behind her laughing and giggling. She thought it had something to do with her and tried to look at her back, but a group of girls caught her attention. She had to admit, all of them looked beautiful, especially the one in the middle. She had brown long shiny hair, she had a pretty face and a perfect body, but what made her ugly was her personality; she gave dirty looks to every girl in the hall and flirty looks to every  boy in the hall.

" Was it too late to reach the toilet, Yuri-ah?" The girl said with a devilish smile as she walked pass them with her friends.

Hyoyeon looked at her locker neighbor who must be Yuri. She noticed she had a red face, but what caught Hyoyeon's attention was her uniform skirt had a big stain on the back. Being thoughtful, she took her jeans from her locker and offered it to her.

" Here. You can borrow it. " Hyoyeon kindly smiled. 

" A-ani, its okay. " Yuri spoke, looking down.

She took Yuri's hand and made her grab the jeans. " I insist. You need it. " She smiled. 

" A-are you really letting me borrow it?" She shyly asked.

" Of course." She gave her a kind smile.

" Thank you. " Yuri said, finally looking up to see Hyoyeon's angelic smile. " B-but please dont misunderstand. This is juice, those girls set me up. " She explained herself.

Hyoyeon smiled at her, " Dont worry about it." 

Yuri nodded and shyly smiled before walking away to the washroom.

 

" Yo, Donghae. Come with us. " Eunhyuk leaned againsted the lockers.

" To go?" Donghae asked, going through his locker.

He chuckled, " Where else? Lets skip school. " 

Donghae closed his locker to reveal his smile. " No thanks. " He winked at Eunhyuk and walked away.

" Who is it this time?" Eunhyuk followed him, rolling his eyes. 

" Remember that girl from the club I kept talking about?" He asked, which Eunhyuk nodded at. " I just learned she goes here and she's in my class. " He widely smiled. 

Eunhyuk scoffed, " Really? You're a lucky douche. " 

" I told Hyoyeon we'd walk together so, see you later. " Donghae winked at him before walking off.

He suddenly froze when he heard her name." Hyoyeon?" He mummbled.

Donghae must've heard him and turned around, still walking backwards. " That's her name. " He smiled and turned to the corner. 

Eunhyuk was a little surprise, but not to surprised since he knew Donghae and Hyoyeon would meet. He didnt know why he felt shocked but somehow he wished Donghae wouldnt flirt with Hyoyeon. 

 

The first class was the usual first day thing. Hyoyeon would introduce herself to the whole class and the teacher would continue the lesson. It wasnt much of a fun class since it was chemistry but Donghae enjoyed it just by looking at Hyoyeon. 

" What class do you have next?" Donghae caught up with Hyoyeon. 

She looked at her paper and read, " History with Mr. Kwon. " 

" Oh, good luck with him, he's a pain. " He laughed, " By the way, can I ask you question?" 

" Sure. " She kindly smiled. 

" How did you get into this school? I mean I saw you working at the club. " He wondered.

Hyoyeon stayed quiet for a moment and thought. She knew he was going to ask something like that, but she didnt know he'd ask it right away. " Uhm well, you see I work for Eun- " Before she could explain herself, someone bumped into the middle of them. She looked up at the guy and glared at him while rubbing her arm.

" Donghae, Mrs. Park's calling you. " Eunhyuk said.

Donghae groaned, " Why? I didnt do anything this time. " 

Eunhyuk shrugged, " She just told me to get you. Just go, you know she doesnt like to wait. " He said and pushed him foward. 

Before he walked away, he whispered to Eunhyuk, " Be my wingman. " He said then noticed Hyoyeon weirdly looking at him. "Oh! By the way, this is my bestfriend, Eunhyuk. " He introduced him. 

Before Eunhyuk could say anything, Hyoyeon spoke, " I already know him. " 

Donghae looked at Hyoyeon then looked at Eunhyuk with a confused look. 

" She's a family friend. " Eunhyuk said the first thing in his mind while Hyoyeon wondered why he lied. Donghae was about to say something but he pushed away, " Hurry up, Mrs. Park's waiting. " 

" Fine, but yah, Eunhyuk we better talk later for not introducing me to her earlier! " Donghae yelled and smiled at Hyoyeon as he walked away.

Eunhyuk scoffed then turned to Hyoyeon who was starting to walk away. " Yah, wait. " He ran to her side and continued to walk with her, " You're lucky I sent Donghae away. " He started.

Hyoyeon confusely looked at him.

" This school is filled with rich, snobby people, you'll be the laughing stock of this school when they find out about you. " He warned her. 

She frowned, " Donghae doesnt seem like he'd make fun of me. " 

" True, he wont make fun of you, but he is a player, you know that right?" He chuckled. 

" Wait, if he's your bestfriend, have you not mention me before?" She wondered. 

" I told him about my tutor, but I didnt mention a name. " He said, putting his hands in his pocket. 

" What did you say?" She asked.

" Nothing, I just said how its annoying to have a tutor. " He said with blank expression.  " Plus, its not like there's something to talk about you. " He smirked.

Hyoyeon frowned at his answer, " I think I like Donghae better than you. " She stuck her tongue at him before stomping away.

Eunhyuk chuckled at her behavior, finding it cute. " Yah, wait up. " He ran for her, while she tried to walk faster. 

" Who is that girl?" Gyuri glared at Hyoyeon as she watched the scene. 

" A new girl. " Hara answered.

Gyuri rolled her eyes at her, " I know that, I mean whats her name, "

" Kim something, Hyoeon- hyoeyon- hy- " One of the girls kept guessing. 

" Okay, shut up, jiyoung. " Gyuri demanded her, " Whoever she is, she better get away from Oppa. " She glared at them.

The first day of school for Hyoyeon went surprisingly fast. She felt relieved but yet annoyed that Eunhyuk is in one of her classes but at least she's not alone. But either then that, it went pretty great. She enjoyed most of her classes and the people in it. Hyoyeon missed going to school and always thought of her future, thats why she promised herself that she would never fail and have a great future, just like what she promised her mom before she died. 

The next day of school, was easier for her. Since she knew where to go, she didnt have any trouble.

" Uhm, Hyoyeon-sshi. " Someone called her. Hyoyeon turned around from her locker and saw Yuri with her jeans. " Here you go, thank you. "She kindly smiled.

Hyoyeon smiled and took her jeans, " No problem. " She said and put her jeans in her locker.

As soon as she turned around, Yuri was already walking away; she was hugging her books and was looking down. Hyoyeon always thought Yuri's quiet and shy behavior never suited her, but she found it cute. She quickly closed her locker and rushed to Yuri's side.

" You wanna walk to class together?" Hyoyeon kindly smiled.

Yuri was surprised at her invitation. She didnt know what to say and just nodded. 

They began to walk with an awkward silence. Both Hyoyeon and Yuri tried to think of something to say but since they didnt know their interests, their minds were blank. 

" Aweh, did Yuri finally find a friend?" Hara and her friends walked by.

Yuri looked down, tightly hugging her books.

" Such, a sweet thing. ' My first friend in my last year in high school ' " Gyuri spoke, pretending to write a diary. 

Hyoyeon watched Yuri's actions. she could tell she was ashamed and scared. She hated seeing people get treated like this, Hyoyeon was about to walk towards Gyuri but was stopped by Yuri. 

" L-let's go t-to class. " Yuri stuttered and continued to walk away.

" What? " Gyuri taunted Hyoyeon, who was glaring at her. 

Hyoyeon wanted to give her a piece of her mind but she knew it'd cause trouble. Instead, she followed Yuri to class.

" Why are they always bullying you?" Hyoyeon asked Yuri as they sat down on their desk.

" I - I dont really know, I was new to this school 2 years ago, I tried being friends with them but they didnt want me. " Yuri frowned. " Probably because Im a nerd. " 

Hyoyeon frowned at her last words, " You're not a nerd, but you're smart. " She kindly smiled.

" What's the difference.. " She mummbled.

" A nerd doesnt exsist, but smart people do. " She smiled.

Yuri smiled at her words, but then frowned, " Why are you being nice to me?" She suddenly asked.

Hyoyeon didnt drop her smile, " Because I wanna be your friend. " 

" R-really?" 

" Of course! "

" What if you get bullied then.."

"I wont let them, same for you. You know why?" 

Yuri looked at her with a tilted head.

" Because from now on, I got your back. " Hyoyeon kindly smiled and patted her back. 

Yuri couldnt hide it and eventually gave her a big wide smile.

 

" Hyoyeon! Come sit with us! " Hyoyeon heard someone say and made her stop talking to Yuri. SHe looked to the right and saw Donghae waving at her while Eunhyuk ate his food with no expression while Gyuri tried to get his attention.

Hyoyeon looked at Yuri who had a nervous expression. " I wont leave. " She laughed and walked to free table.

Donghae frowned but smiled after. He stood up and with his tray of food, " Bye, Hyuk. " He winked at him.

" Yah, where are you going?" Eunhyuk tried to stand up, but Gyuri held him by the hand.

Eunhyuk didnt get anwer, but he knew where his bestfriend was going. 

" Mind if I sit here?" Donghae asked, getting Yuri and Hyoyeons attention.

Hyoyeon smiled, " Sure. " 

Donghae smiled back and set his food across from the girls." Hey, Yuri. " He suddenly greeted her.

Yuri was obviously shocked that one of the popular boys is talking to her. " Y-you know my name?" 

He chuckled after drinking his coke, " Your name tag. " He pointed at Yuri's pin on her left chest. 

Yuri frowned, " Oh yeah. "  

" Plus, you're in my English class. " He smiled, caushing Yuri to smile. 

Since the 3 didnt have anything to say, Donghae wanted to continued the conversation. " Dont you guys feel bad for Eunhyuk?" He laughed and pointed at Eunhyuk who had an annoyed face while Gyuri was smothering him.

" Are they dating?" Hyoyeon asked, frowning at the scene.

" Ani, but they're engaged. " Yuri spoke.

Hyoyeon frowned more, " Oh.. " Was all she could say.

" It , Eunhyuk always found her annoying. " Donghae laughed.

Hyoyeon sat straight. " T-they dont like each other?" 

" Gyuri's obsessed with him, but Eunhyuk hates her. " He laughed more. 

Hyoyeon's mouth curled at the end. " Oh. I see. " 

" Oh yeah, " Donghae suddenly remembered, " You still didnt explain why I saw you working at the club. " 

Hyoyeon immediantly froze and forced a nervous laugh. " Uh, well- "

" You work at a club?" Yuri surprisingly said.

Hyoyeon wanted to say no, but looking at Donghae, who expected an answer, she couldnt lie. " Uh-uh, well, you see m-my friends dared me to work there. It was either that or work as a janitor in a mall. " She nervously laughed. 

" Good choice, I'd never let people see me work as a janitor. " Donghae laughed. 

" Yeah. " Hyoyeon gave them a short but nervous laugh.

Donghae smiled at her and watched her actions. He didnt know why, but he somehow feels lucky that the girl he thought he'd never see is right there in front of him. He watched her smile and giggle when talking to Yuri, how the sun shined on her face, he loved it. It's already the second day of school, and Donghae's already falling for her. 

 

Its been a whole week since Hyoyeon's first day, and she's already loving it. Of course, she had to stop tutoring Eunhyuk, but that doesnt mean they dont hang out in school. But everytime they hang out, Gyuri is always barging in and hogging Eunhyuk; he always found it annoying and tries to walk away, but Gyuri just follows and since Hyoyeon and Yuri hate her, they walk away. As for Donghae, he's always going with Hyoyeon, he didnt know why, but he loves being with her all the time. 

Life didnt change for Hyoyeon though, she knew going to school will cuase her more stress since she still had to keep working at night.But because of her love for school, she manages to put a happy face. Her struggle for money finally stopped when she got a visit from a certain person. 

Hyoyeon dropped her pencil on top of her homework and got up to open the door as soon as she heard a knock. As soon as she opened it, she was immediantly surprised seeing the person she lied to, kindly smiling at her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Good chapter? Bad chapter? Sorry there was barely no moments but next chapter there will be ;) Lets just say, Eunhyuk and Hyoeyon will be living in the same roof. Stay tuned!!

 its funny how they reveal Hyoyeon's relationship then 5 minutes later she breaks up with him haha, thats how our rolls.