Competition

Complicated Love

After all the chaos about Taeyeon and Baekhyun, everyone went to sleep since they had to wake up early in the morning. Eunhyuk, who had the living room to himself couldnt sleep and chose to watch movies. He couldnt stop thinking about Hyoyeon and Donghae. He admits they both look good together. Even though Donghae and Eunhyuk had been bestfriends for years, Eunhyuk cant even tell if he'll hurt any girls anymore, Donghae has completely changed. 

Eunhyuk was so into his thoughts that he didnt realize someone sneaking up behind him. " Yah. " THey said next to his ear, making him jump.  Eunhyuk turned around to see Donghae, " I've been calling you for like 5 minutes. " He chuckled and sat beside Eunhyuk.

" T-the movie's too good. "Eunhyuk forced a laugh.Both felt uncomfortable. " Why are you awake at this time?" Eunhyuk managed to get the conversation going. 

" I needed water, then I saw you so yeah. " Donghae explained but ended it off awkwardly. " How about you? Why are you up?" 

" Couldnt sleep, dont know why. " Eunhyuk shrugged. 

" Oh. " Donghae expected Eunhyuk to say more, but nothing happened. Everything else got quieter, making it awkward for the both of them. 

The 2 boys stayed like this for a moment. It was a quick moment but it felt like a decade. No one talked and just stayed still. They both just qiuetly watched the movie but had the same thought; What should I say?  

The silence ended with Donghae getting up, " Well, Im gonng sleep. Im so tired. " He forced a laugh.

Eunhyuk nodded, " Yeah, same. I've bene travelling all day. " He reached for the remote and turned the TV off. 

Donghae purposely yawned and stretched his arms, " Peace." He said walked away after recieving a small smile from Eunhyuk. 

They both laid on their bed/couch and felt so different. This has never happened with them before; they were never awkward.Who ever thought that their friendship could change for one girl?

 

The girls woke up first and decided to be nice for the boys. They all let them sleep for a while and got ready for their hiking trip. Well, all except Taeyeon who was still in bed.

" Why are we hiking?"Taeyeon whined as she stetched. 

" Come on, its a good exercise. " Seohyun smiled who was combing her wet hair. 

The oldest girl groaned, " But this trip is suppose to be relaxing. " 

" It is! " The maknae smiled and clapped out of excitement. 

" How is it relaxing?" Yuri came in with her body wrapped in a towel, " We're waking up at 6 in the morning to walk.Aish. " She stomped into the walk-in closet. 

Seohyun laughed, " Come on Yuri unnie! Out of all the people, shouldnt you be excited? You run and do yoga like everyday. " 

" Yeah but we're on a vacation! " Yuri yelled from the closet. 

Taeyeon scoffed, " I rest my case. " She said and covered her whole body with the blanket. 

" Unnie! Come on! Baekhyun's coming. " Seohyun . 

The oldest took the blanket off her and glared at the girl, " Yah. Its not like you and Kyuhyun dont have a thing. " She mummbled. 

" No! Oppa and I are just friends. " Seohyun frowned at her but of course, she was blushing. 

Taeyeon was about to say something but Yuri came out laughing with her track suit on, " Im surprised Kyuhyun oppa can wait for you. " 

" Unnies! Yah! " Seohyun crossed her arms. " Thats not fair! Its 2 against 1. " She pouted and left the room, leaving the girls laughing at her. 

As for the rest of the girls, Hyoyeon and Tiffany chose to make breakfast for everyone. " Should we wake the boys now?" Tiffany asked. 

Hyoyeon looked at Eunhyuk who was fast asleep on the couch, "He looks so tured though. " hyoyeon laughed 

Tiffany looked at Eunhyuk and chuckled, " Its okay. we're tired too. " She said and took off her apron, " I'll get the boys. " 

Hyoyeon nodded, " I'll wake up Eunhyuk. " She said and washed her hands before heading towards Eunhyuk. 

She quietly walked towards Eunhyuk who was sleeping like a baby on the couch. His mouth was open but his eyes were tightly shut. His arm was hanging from the couch and the blanket was almost falling off. Hyoyeon quietly chuckled and took a picture of him. 

Because of the loud camera noise, Eunhyuk woke up but didnt open his eyes. He was too lazy to open it and wanted to go back to sleep. He was about to tell the person to go away when he heard the girl talk. 

" Sometimes its so hard believing what people say about you. " Hyoyeon quietly spoke as she admired his baby face. " i never knew spending time with you could get me into this.. well.. wonderful life I have right now. " She said in her soft voice that Eunhyuk's heart beat. 

Not being able to control his emotions, Eunhyuk stretched and turned his back on Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon thought it was cute and chuckled, " It'd be so awkward if you were awake right now.. " She quietly said. Eunhyuk opened his eyes and wanted to listen to Hyoyeons soft voice. 

Everything else was quiet now. Eunhyuk wanted to turn around and see if she was still there but he didnt want to risk it. Instead he kept pretending to sleep and waited for someone to wake him up. 

" Hyoyeon-ah! " He heard Tiffany's voice.

" Yeah?" He heard Hyoyeon respond. Seems like she was still there all along. He thought. 

" Is he not waking up?" Tiffany chuckled once he saw Eunhyuk ' fast asleep. ' 

Hyoyeon totally forgot to wake him up, " Y-yeah, he-he's a heavy sleeper. " She chuckled and continued to admire him. 

Tiffany suspiciously looked at Hyoyeon, " Or did you even wake him up?" She whispered. Hyoyeon innocently smiled, " Im just asking.. Do you like Eunhyuk? " She pointed at the sleeping boy. 

Eunhyuk's mind was suddenly awake and waited for her answer.

Hyoyeon was taken back by the question, " Wh-why would you ask that?" she stuttered. Eunhyuk frowned. 

Tiffany kept looking at her, " I dont know if this is true, but I can see the way this guy looks at you. " She whispered, " Same for Donghae. " 

" Wh-what does that e-even mean?" The innocent blond asked. 

Tiffany ignored her question, " If you had to pick between Donghae and Eunhyuk, who would you choose?" She smirked.

Hyoyeon was surprised by that question. She never really thought about it, after all, she doesnt have to. She already likes --- Her thoughts were interuppted by Tiffany, " Who? Pick! Come on! " She nudged her. 

Eunhyuk had all his attention to Hyoyeon's voice. He was waiting for the girls answer. His heart kept beating and his hands were already sweating from being nervous. 

" U-uh, I dont know! " Hyoyeon stuttered. She didnt want to say her answer out loud. 

" I think I knew who it is. " Tiffany began teasing her by wiggling her eyebrows and kept nudging her. 

Eunhyuk wanted to know so bad but he cant risk it. He knows that if he moves, they'll stop talking. Instead he stayed still and tried to be patient. Eunhyuk could see their relfections on the glass table in front of him. He saw Tiffany whispering to Hyoyeon, who nodded. Right when Hyoyeon nodded, Tiffany jumped. 

" I knew it! " The loud girl clapped. 

" Y-yah! Shhh, he's still sleeping. " Hyoyeon blushed, " He might hear you! "

Tiffany stopped jumping and kept nudging her, " Oh my god. " She said in english. " I can actually imagine you guys dating. " 

Who? Who? Damn it! Eunhyuk was begining to get more curious but at the same time, he was getting angry. 

" Fany unnie! " Seohyun came in running, " I think you should shower before the boys do, they'll take forever. " 

" oh yeah, thanks maknae. " Tiffany ruffled her hair and ran off. 

" Yah. " Seohyun frowned and fixed her hair as she followed Tiffany down the hall. 

Hyoyeon chuckled at the 2 girls then looked at Eunhyuk. She sighed and decided to finally wake him up. " Yah, wake up. " She nudged him.

Eunhyuk didnt move and pretended to keep sleeping. 

" Yaah! Wake up! You still have to eat and shower!! " She yelled and constantly kept shakiing him. 

" Yeah, arasso, arasso. " Eunhyuk acted as if he was half asleep. 

Hyoyeon frowned and hit him with a pillow then smirked.  Eunhyuk sat up and glared at her. " Good morning. " She said with a smile and walked away. 

Eunhyuk just chuckled at her stubborn side but he was still upset and curious. 

 

After everyone else had their breakfast and got ready, they all drove to the mountain. It wasnt a long drive since the house was out of the city.Being the sporty ones and the exercise freaks, Yuri, Hyoyeon and Seohyun were ahead of everyone while the rest of the gang was sweating their asses off at the back. 

The 2 people who were giving everything they got was Eunhyuk and Donghae. They tried impressing Hyoyeon and tried to catch up to her but she was too fast. Both the guys didnt even talk to each other during the trip, they were too busy competing each other. Once they reached the top, everyone was exchausted, well not as much as the 2 boys.

" I didnt know you guys had it in you. " Hyoyeon laughed at the 2 boys who were lying on the ground. She handed them water and sat in the middle of them. 

" Y-yeah, s-same for m-me. " Eunhyuk mummbled after drinking the whole bottle. 

" That w-was f-fun. " Donghae forced a smile but you could tell her was exchausted. 

Nickhun joined the 3 with their drinks along with Tiffany, " You this is fun? What the hell is wrong with you?" He scoffed. " I havent been sweating this much in years. " 

" Please, stop exaggerating, " Tiffany scoffed, " You go to the gym everyday. " 

Nickhun smiled and lifted up his shirt to show off his abs, " Oh yeah. I do, dont I?" He smirked while the girls giggled and the boys gave him a glare. 

" What a show off. " Yesung mummbled when the gang sat in a circle. 

" Dont worry, hyung, we may not have they but we have our voice. " Kyuhyun whispered and smirked.

" Fany unnie said Nickhun sings as well. " Seohyun clapped which made Kyuhyun glare at Nickhun.

" Right! Tiffany's a lucky girl. " Yuri pouted.

" Yah, Im your boyfriend! " Yesung frowned.

Yuri just smiled. " I know you are, dont worry. " She laughed and hooked her arm with his. 

" So where's baekhyun and Taeyeon?" Hyoyeon asked, stretching her legs. 

Once she asked that question, everyone laughed, " They're still hiking." 

Hyoyeon let out a loud laugh, " Really? " 

" Being Taeyeon, she's not really sporty and Baekhyun? He's not really athletic as well. " Tiffany laughed. 

" Im suprised Yesung oppa beat him. " Seohyun mummbled, which made everyone laugh and Yesung frown.

The gang was in the middle of talking when they heard a girl yelling, " GUYS! Oh my go- GUYS! " 

" Well, I guess the couples here. " Eunhyuk laughed. 

Everyone turned around and saw Taeyeon with Baekhyun as they tried to catch their breath. " Y-you guys l-left us.. " Baekhyun stuttered. Everyone didnt say anything and just laughed. The gang watched the 2 suffer until they got to their circle and drop dead on the ground. 

" you guys took so long. " Nickhun chuckled giving the couple water. 

" W-we got l-ost." Baekhyun drank the water and gave it to Taeyeon.

The gang laughed, " How can you get lost? There's a trail. " Kyuhyun said.

" Yuri said there was a shortcut! " Taeyeon defended herself.

Yuri hid behind Yesung, " I was joking! I didnt know you would actually listen to me." She innocently said. 

" Aish! " Taeyeon and Baekhyun sighed in frustation as the gang laughed. 

" Wait, question. " Donghae raised his hand, " How are we getting down? Dont tell me we're walking.. " He asked.

" We're taking the cable car. " Yesung answered and pointed at the entrance of the booth that was selling tickets. 

" Thank goodness. " Eunhyuk, Donghae, Taeyeon, Baekhyun and Yuri sighed in relief. 

The rest of the trip went well for everyone, actually not everyone. For Donghae and Eunhyuk, they both envied each other when one of them got close with Hyoyeon. Because of this, Hyoyeon ' get together ' plan didnt work out; the bestfriends kept their distance towards each other and barely spoke a word one another. Everyone noticed their behaviour and tried to get them closer but it didnt do anything. The gang just chose not to get involved with their friendship and let them be. 

After going back home, it was time for Hyoyeon to stop worrying about the 2 friends and get back to work. Her friends always joked around about being a bipolar because she suddenly became a work-aholic and sometimes she'd be all calm and fun. It was hard for Hyoyeon to work and go school all the time but the hardest thing is lying to her friends; she was scared to tell the truth because of the nonense they'll think of her after. Instead she kept her identity hidden, just like always. 

Because of working too much and staying up late, when Hyoyeon visted her dad, she fell asleep in the bus on her way home. Instead of going to her neighbourhood, she went to the wrong side of town. Hyoyeon took it lighty and didnt really care, but once she found out that the bus she got off was the last bus of the station and her phone was dead, she began to worry- well, actually panic. She didnt have cash or coins for the payphone and she had no idea where she was. 

During all of that, Eunhyuk had just came back from a short business meeting with his father and decided to greet Hyoyeon who wasnt in her room. 

Eunhyuk looked at his watch and spoke to himself, " She's suppose to be home by now. " He walked to the kitchen to ask his mom, " Eomma, where's Hyoyeon?" 

" Last time she texted me, she said she had overtime. " Daehee answered, not taking her eyes off her cooking. 

" Oh.. She's working?" Eunhyuk asked. He remembered clearly that Hyoyeon told him she had to finish a last minute project. 

Daehee frowned, " Yeah, I told her not to work so late but she keeps saying how she's in debt to us. Maybe you should try reasoning with her. " She suggested as she looked at her soon. 

" What? Why me? Out of all people. " He chuckled. 

" Well, first of all, sh- " She paused and thought for a minute, " you know what? Nevermind. " SHe chuckled. 

Eunhyuk sighed, " Well, Im gonna call her, " He was about to leave when he remebere something, " Oh and if she calls you, give the phone, thanks Eomma. " He smiled and ran off upstairs leaving Daehee laughing. 

Eunhyuk has been walking back and forth calling Hyoyeon, only to be left with her voice mail. Eunhyuk hated the fact that he had to call Donghae for help. 

Hello?"  Donghae voice was heard on his phone. 

" Uh- Do you know where Hyoyeon is?" Eunhyuk worriedly asked.

Eunhyuk could tell Donghae was immediantly awake by his voice, " No.. Why? Is she missing?

" I - I dont know, when I called her,it just goes to voice mail." Eunhyuk's heart began to beat faster. 

" Did you call Yuri?" 

" She doesnt know as well. Yuri has been texting and calling her, but no response. " 

" Alright, I'll look for her." Donghae got up. " Do you know where she was going in the first place?" 

Eunhyuk heard Donghae's car keys already jingling. This made Eunhyuk hurry downstairs for his keys. He knows this isnt the time for competing but he's not going to let Donghae find Hyoyeon first. 

" She told me she was going to the library, " Eunhyuk had to be honest, " But I dont know, Eomma said Hyoyeon has overtime?" 

Donghae sighed on the phone, " Alright, I'll look for her. If you have any news, please call me right away. " 

" Alright, same for me. " Eunhyuk answered and hung up. He quickly took his car keys and rushed outside without saying bye to his parents. 

Eunhyuk and Donghae have been looking around for Hyoyeon for hours. It was almost midnight but nothing made them give up. Both of them couldnt bare to lose Hyoyeon, they'd do anything to get her back. 

 

During all that chaos, Hyoyeon luckily found a police station. The police were nice enough to lend her the phone to call someone. The first person she thought of was the person she wanted to see out of all people.

Donghae's phone rang in his car. Thinking it was Hyoyeon, he immediantly answered without looking at the caller ID.  

" Hello?" Donghae eagerly answered. 

On the other side, Eunhyuk was also on the phone. 

" What? What happened?" Eunhyuk said with frustation. " But- Alright, fine, I'll be right there. " He said and changed the direction of his car. 

On Donghae's side, he was already on his way somewhere, " What? There? How? " He kept asking questions. " Bu- Nevermind, I'll be right there. " He strictly said and started driving faster. 

Hyoyeon sighed with a frown and hung up. 

" Did someone pick up this time?" The police officer said. 

Hyoyeon forced a smile and nodded, " Thank you. " She bowed and sat on the bench near the desk 

After waiting for about half an hour. Hyoyeon was already near to falling asleep again when someone called her. She opened her eyes to see the person she called. She could see anger but also worried expression in his eyes. Hyoyeon was ready to explain herself when he ran to her and tightly hugged her. 

Hyoyeon was surprised at his action, but it was nice to know that someone was worried for her. 

" Always tell me where you're going this time. " He worried said, not letting go of her. 

Hyoyeon nodded, " I will, Im sorry.. Donghae. " She forced a smile at him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

oooo! Donghae hahah, who else thought it was Eunhyuk?? LOL. Anyways, as you can see, Im trying to build up the drama here and so the NEXT CHAPTER HYOYEON AND _________ IS GONNA CONFESS TO ONE ANOTHER ;)))) I dont know if you got the clues here, but I made some hints on which guy she chose hhahahah. So I admit this chapter was a little boring but I promise you, next chapter, ALL THE DRAMA STARTS. JEALOUSY. ACCEPTANCE. ANGER. EVERYTHING. ahahah. I wont keep you guys waiting!! Dont worry :)