Admitting

Complicated Love

Donghae tried to eavesdrop on Hyoyeon, but when he put all his weigh on the door, he lost his balance. He tried to catch Hyoyeon by holding her on the waist but everything just went too fast for him. In a blink of an eye, he was on top of Hyoyeon with his lips crashed into hers. 

It wasnt just her who was shocked, Donghae was very surprised. He kept telling his head to get up but his body wouldnt listen. The more he look at Hyoyeon, the more his body resisted. He took his lips off her, but their lips were just an inch apart. His heart couldnt stop beating, his hands kept sweating and shaking. Being this close to Hyoyeon made him realize what a flawless face she had. It was perfect. He fell in love with her more. He wanted to her cheek but he was afraid of what Hyoyeon will think if his sweaty hands touch her. Instead, he just kept looking at her. He didnt even realize it. 

As for Hyoyeon, she just laid their frozen. When Donghae took his lips off her, she thought he was getting up but no, he just stayed there with his eyes glued on to hers. She was red as a tomato. She couldnt stop looking at him though, looking at him with a short distant made her realize what a handsome face he had. She doesnt know why but she was disappointed but yet happy that she lost her first kiss to Donghae. Disapointed that he's a player? Or happy that he's cute? Or disappointed that it wasnt Eunhyuk? 

Both of their thoughts were interuppted when they heard Eunhyuk call Donghae. 

Not wanting Eunhyuk to see them, Donghae immediantly got up and helped Hyoyeon. 

" I-Im so sorry. I-It was an accident. " Donghae apologized as he helped her.

" Im fine. D-dont worry about it. " She stuttered and pulled the hem of her shirt down. 

" Yah. Donghae! " They heard Eunhyuk coming down the hall. Once he turned to Hyoyeon room, he was wide eyed. " Uh. I can explain?" He said.

Donghae didnt even noticed him and just kept looking at Hyoyeon who was blushing. Although, she was blushing, the atmosphere felt awkward. Eunhyuk noticed it right away and made him wonder. " Donghae, are you mad?" He suddenly asked.

When Eunhyuk called his name, he got back to his senses. " An-aniyo. Im just surprised.. " He lied and look around. He completely forgot to ask why Hyoyeon's in Eunhyuk's house. " Oh yeah. W-why are you here? And you're stuff? D-do you live here?" He asked a bunch of questions. 

Both Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk looked at each other. 

" No. " Hyoyeon said.

" Yeah, but - " Eunhyuk paused when Hyoyeon said yes. They looked at each other with panic faces. He cleared his throat. " No and Yes... " He continued with a smile, " She's not living here but she's staying here for a couple days- months, actually, I dont know how long. " He nervously laughed. 

" U-uh, yeah. M-my parents went to China and th-they dont trust me alone at home so- so, yeah. " Hyoyeon stuttered with a nervous smile. 

Donghae just looked at them with a suspicious look. " Ooh, I see. " He finally said, which let the 2 relax." How long have you been staying here?" He asked. Donghae couldnt keep his jealoust hidden. He kept looking at Eunhyuk but then back at Hyoyeon. 

" J-just a week. " She answered. 

" Oh. " Donghae didnt know what else to say. " Alright, we can party with 3 right?" He replaced his frown with a smile. 

" Y-yeah, lets go. " Both Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon smiled. 

 

Although both Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon got away with it, everyone felt awkward. First of all, everytime Donghae and Hyoyeon share eye contact, they both know what they're thinking, the kiss. Eunhyuk knew something was up but he figured Donghae was just a little mad that he didnt tell him. Donghae wasnt mad though, he was just really jealous. Everytime he would see both Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon laughing or doing something together, he cant stop getting jealous and curious. What goes around the house? Donghae thought. 

Ever since Donghae found out about Hyoyeon living in Eunhyuk's house, he'd always visit. Eunhyuk was starting to get annoyed but not because he always visits, but because he always finds a way to be with Hyoyeon all the time.

Everything was surprisingly good for Hyoyeon. She and Donghae stopped being awkward with each other and just acted like nothing happened. Of course it hurted Donghae's feelings, but he wanted to respected her decision. Hyoyeon thought everything was getting better, she'll graduate and get a good job and everything, but she started having seconds thoughts when she met someone from the past. 

 

After getting a snack before dance practice, Hyoyeon was heading to the dance studio when someone bumped into her. 

" omo, sorry. " Hyoyeon bowed and apoligized to the woman. 

The woman looked up and exclaimed, " Kim Hyoyeon?" She surprisingly said.

Hyoyeon looked at her with a confused expression until she remembered who it was, " Oh! Ajhumma?" She gave her a small smile. It was the ajhumma was always helped Hyoyeon when she having her hardest time. They both lived in the same building and she'd visit Hyoyeon from time to time. 

" What are you doing here? I thought you left the country or something. " The ajhumma said. 

" Aniyo, I moved houses with a help of my friend. " She smiled, " Im sorry for disappearing all of a sudden. " 

" You dont need to be sorry, I was actually worried about you. Did you hear about your father?" Once the lady said that, Hyoyeon began to worry. Nothing good comes from her dad. 

" Wh-what happened to appa?" Hyoyeon worriedly said. She doesnt know why she cant hate her dad, after all he was very abusive and left her with nothing. 

" Your father was causing trouble at a club, apparently he was drunk. He went down looking for you at the club you used to work at. He nearly set the place on fire. " The ajhumma shook her head in disappointment, " He was arrested before he could harm anyone else. " 

" M-my appa? Arrested?" Hyoyeon was wide eyed.

The lady nodded her head, " He's at Downtown Police Station. Im not surprised, nothing good comes out of your father. " After realizing what she said, she looked at Hyoyeon with sincere eyes, " Im sorry. I didnt mean to say that. " 

It took a second for Hyoyeon to recover from that sudden news, " I-its alright. " She forced a weak smile.

No one said anything. The lady just looked at her with sad and sympathetic eyes. 

" I-I have to go. Im going to-to be late." Hyoyeon stuttered, " I-its nice me-meeting you. " She bowed and turned around before the ajhumma could see her tear up. 

Hyoyeon took out her phone and called Yuri, " Y-yuri. " She weakly said.

Yah, where are you? Pratice is starting soon. " Yuri said once she answered it. 

" I-I know. I cant make it. " Hyoyeon tried to say in her normal voice. " I forgot about this project I had to work on. " 

Aweh! Dont tell me you're avoiding Donghae because of the kis- the thing.. " 

" I-im not, I told you we're fine now. I-I just have to finish this project, I- I totally forgot about it. " 

" Alright. Fine, but dont come crying to me when you cant catch up to the choreo. " Yuri joked. 

" T-Thanks Yuri. I'll see you tomorrow. " Hyoyeon said before hanging up. 

" Was that Hyoyeon? Where is she?" Donghae went up to Yuri. 

Yuri shrugged her shoulders, " At home I guess? She said she had to finish this project. " 

" Oh, she's missing practice?" He frowned. Eunhyuk heard this and joined the conversation. 

" Who is?" Eunhyuk came in. 

" Hyoyeon. She said she has to do her project. " Yuri answered. 

Both Eunhyuk and Donghae looked at each other and opened their mouth to speak but their choreographer came in, " Alright guys! Huddle up. " He said. 

She left the house before I did.. Eunhyuk thought. 

I thought she was just getting food. Damn it, is she trying to avoid me? Donghae thought with a frown. 

 

Hyoyeon walked around the town, looking for the station. She doesnt know why she cant stop caring about her dad. He was the one who abandoned her, why cant she do the same? Once she caught a glimspe of the building, she went inside and asked for her father's name. 

" Uhm, K-Kim Jaehyun. " Hyoyeon nervously said. 

" And what are you to the prisoner?" The police asked.

Hearing them call her own dad a prisoner made her frown and sick. " H-his daughter. K-Kim Hyoyeon." She kept stuttering. 

" Oh, yeah. Your father mentioned something about you. " 

" H-he did?" She couldnt hide her emotions and smiled. 

" Yeah, he said you can bail him out or something. " The police stood up and signalled her to follow him.

Hyoyeon frowned, hearing the real reason why. No wonder he mentioned me. She thought as she followed him. 

" Wait here. " The police said once he took her to a room where there was a lot of people visiting their prisoners, family and friends. Hyoyeon sat down on one of the tables and waited for a bit. She kept thinking of what she's going to say. How are you? No.. Uhm, Why'd did you get yourself into trouble?.. Aish, no.. Where have you been these past months? How did you get in a place like this? Whats wrong with you? Eomma will never be proud. Im not just some person in your life that you could come to when you need something, you cant just leave and act like you didnt do to me. You're supposed to be the one taking care of me, Im your daughter, not your ing bank. You're supp- Hyoyeon stopped thinking once she realized what she was saying in her head. But once she saw her dad coming out of the door with prison clothes on, she thought, Why did you have to end up like this? Why did you leave me? She asked herself, trying not to tear up. Even though she wanted to say those bad things to her dad, she cant. The last thing she wants is abandoning someone who's in trouble, she cant be like her own dad. 

" Hyoyeon-ah! " Her dad called her. He smiled and jogged to the table and sat down. He looked at her from head to toe and widely smiled. " It seems you're living off well! New clothes huh? How's your studies? " He smiled.

Hyoyeon didnt smile or frown. She had a blank face on. She just stared at him with no expression. At least you're not drunk. She thought. " Why'd you do it?" Hyoyeon asked.

" I needed money. I was broke, I had to think of something. " Jaehyun laughed but stopped once he looked at Hyoyeon's blank face. " I tried going back to our apartment but they said you moved. I was getting worried, Hyoyeon. I couldnt find you. " He gave her a frown. 

Did you even try? She thought. " Im not talking about your mess. Im talking about why you left me. " She said with a calm tone, but her eyes showed her sad but yet angry emotion. 

Jaehyun hesitated to answer. He cleared his throat, " U-uh, where did you move? Its a good thing you moved, that place was digusting. " He laughed it off. Hyoyeon just looked at him. She wasnt surprised that he didnt answer, in fact, she wasnt really expecting an answer. She just wanted take the chance. Jaehyun sighed seeing his daughter like this, " Im sorry okay? I know I left you without saying goodbye or anything but at least we found each other right? I mean once I get out of this hell of a place, we'll be living in your new house and get you a better education! How does that sound? " He smiled but frowned, " But I heard that bailing someone out is expensive, you still have that job right? They said you quit. You didnt quit right? Dont you love that job? " 

Hyoyeon scoffed. She's been living with her own dad and doesnt even notice how much pain she's been through. He doesnt even know that she hates that job. Hyoyeon wanted to slap him but she cant bring herself to. " I-ll try. I'll think of something. " She said. 

" Great! I knew you wouldnt let me down. I'll be waiting okay? " Jaehyun hugged his daughter. 

Hyoyeon was about to put her arms around him, but she knew he was just trying to get on her good side. She put her hands down. 

Jaehyun let go and looked at her, " I promise you, after I get out, we'll be happy together, just like old times! " He smiled at her, " Now go, it'll be hard getting a job when its dark. " He joked. 

Hyoyeon just nodded and turned around to walk away. She let her tears out and didnt even look back to her dad. He doesnt even care about me, why am I putting up with this? She thought. 

Hyoyeon went to the first place she thought of. It was the only one that could accept her right away, she needed fast money. She cant keep asking Eunhyuk's family for money. Looking at the building disgusts her. She cant believe she has to work here again. She sighed and entered the building to look for the manager. 

" Yah, Hyoyeonnie, you're back. " One of the girls who was wearing shorts and a white sleelvess crop top. She was holding a tray of beers.

Hyoyeon forced a smile and continued walking until she saw the manager. 

" Im not surprised. " The manager smirked, " So whats up? " 

Hyoyeon mentally killed him, but outside she had a small smile. " What would it take to get my job back?" She asked.

" Uhm, lets see. " He pretended to think, " More hours and be more enthuastic. " He smiled.

" Thats it?" Hyoyeon raised her eyebrows. 

" I dont know, what else do you want me to say? " He scoffed at her. 

Hyoyeon shook her head, " Nothing, I didnt know it was that easy. " 

The manager walked towards him and whispered. " Honey, I've changed. " 

Hearing his husky voice near her lips made her shiver, " Y-yeah. " She stuttered and backed away. " When can I start?" 

" As soon as possible. " He smiled.

" I'll start now then. " she said without hesitating and walked to the staff room. 

" Welcome back to the club, Hyo. " She heard her manager. 

 

" Why are you so stress?" Donghae's mom said as he put his phone down with a sigh. 

" Nothing. " Donghae answered and worriedly look at his phone. 

" I know, girl problems. " His dad snapped his fingers. 

" Appa! " Donghae frowned. 

His mom laughed, " Yeah right, whatever you say honey. " 

" Aish, Im going to sleep. " Donghae said as his parents laughed. He went upstairs to his room and laid down on his bed. He took his phone and looked at the recent calls he made. Aish, Hyoyeon, are you really avoiding me? I thought everything was okay with us.. He thought and stared at her name. Why do you - His thoughts were interuppted when Hyoyeon texted him. 

He immediantly opened the message and smiled. " Sorry. I didnt mean to ignore your calls. I've been busy with school, Im just trying not to get any distractions. By the way, is it okay if you teach me the choreography I missed? Yuri has a date with Yesung, I dont want to ask her hahah. Will it be alright? " Hyoyen texted. 

He widely smiled. " Yeah, sure! And dont worry about it, I was just worried that you were avoiding me.. Sorry for calling so many times." 

" Its alright :) And stop thinking like that! Im not avoiding you, I've just been busy. " 

" Alright, good! :) How about I'll meet you at the dance studio on Saturday? " 

" Okay! Sounds good. " 

" See you at school, take care :) " 

" Haha, you too! Goodnight! " 

Night! " 

Donghae kicked his feet around and couldnt keep his excitement. The whole time he was texting her, his heart couldnt stop beating. He couldnt drop his smile for even a second. 

 

Hyoyeon couldnt stop smiling at Donghae's concerned side. She was walking towards the Lee's drive way. She was so focussed on her phone that she didnt realize someone was right in front of her. She immediantly backed away when she saw the shadow. 

" Eunhyuk! You scared me. " Hyoyeon frowned. 

" Why are you so late? Where have you been? " Eunhyuk kept asking her questions. 

Hyoyeon giggled at him and walked into the house. 

" Yah, Im not done talking to you. " He followed her into her room. " Where have you been? Its so late, did you walk home? Why didnt you tell me to pick you up?" He kept nagging her. 

" Calm down, dad. " She joked, " I went to the library to study, I had to a project. " 

Eunhyuk looked at her. He knew her too well, " You're lying. Where exactly did you go?" He stepped closer to her, making her nervous. 

Hyoyeon cleared to hide her shy side, " I-Im telling you, I-I went to the l-library. " 

He kept looking at her eyes. He loved doing this to her, it was way for him to take advantage of this moment to look at her face. " Liar. If you went to the library, why dont you have books?" He asked her.

" U-uh because I-I didnt bring books, I just used the-the library books. " She answered and stepped away. Her couldnt stop beating. 

" Fine, dont tell me. " Eunhyuk frowned and walked away. 

Hyoyeon just quietly laughed at his ' naggy ' side. She never knew how annoying he is when he wants to know everything. She was about to close the door when eunhyuk showed up. 

" Next time tell me where you are, you're such a bother when you disappear, I cant stop thinking about you, arasso?" Eunhyuk said, looking into her inoccent eyes. 

Hyoyeon blushed, hearing the last few words. She nodded and closed the door. She leaned against the door and smiled. " Did he just say that?" She whispered. She knew he was serious. He's never seen him act like this before, especially that kind of expression, it was too serious. 

Eunhyuk just kept looking at her door, " Did I really just say that..?" He whispered to himself. 

 

Hyoyeon and Donghae promised to meet each other at the dance studio. Donghae made sure he looked good, smelled good and danced good. Always being oblivious to the whole situation, Hyoyeon never realizes what Donghae's trying to do. She's just focussed on the dance choreography. Everything went well though. To his surprise, they both werent awkward with each other, in fact, they were always messing around. 

Donghae always took advantage of the moment and stared at her. He coudnt keep his eyes off her body, her face, her eyes, her everything. He never felt like this before with any girl. He doesnt to admit it but he's fallen for her. He never gets jealous of anyone before, but any guy who talks to Hyoyeon, he will immediantly hate them. 

And as for Eunhyuk, he wouldnt miss this moment. Being Donghae's bestfriend and Hyoyeon's roommate, he purposely bumped into them in the dance studio. But before he could even enter the studio, he overheard a conversation that made him admit that he's in love with Hyoyeon. That he's in love with a girl, a thing that he never says or even feels. 

Eunhyuk was on his way to the studio but went to the washroom. He was about to walk away when he heard Hyoyeon talking in the girls washroom. 

" Its not awkward at all. " Hyoyeon chuckled. Eunhyuk put his ear against the door and carefully listened. " Yah! I told you not to mention that kiss. It was an accident. Donghae understands. " Once she said that, Eunhyuk was wide eyed. 

No way.. Eunhyuk thought. 

" Donghae cant like me, I mean come on, he's like in love with every girl. " She laughed, " Donghae and I kissing was probably nothing to him, just like me. " 

Eunhyuk immedianly frowned, , Donghae's already step ahead.. 

" The way he looks at me? Uh, Yuri, did you forget that we're talking about a player here? How can you even tell ' by the way he looks at me ' ?" She chuckled. " Whatever you say, Im just glad we're not awkw- Well.. Y-yeah.. Yah! I didnt ask Donghae to be my first kiss! It just happened, calm down. Yuri. " She laughed. 

Eunhyuk frowned more and mentally killed his bestfriend. I was supposed to be her first kiss! Aish. He thought and walked away from the conversation. He had to stop listening, it was torture. 

Having the picture of them kissing was torture to him. And now that they're in the same room, made him uncomfortable. Instead, he coincidently bumped into them in the dance studio. He said he thought they werent practisin today. Eunhyuk used his moment to impress her. He tried to beat Donghae at everything. Like teaching her, getting her water, those things. Donghae was getting annoyed of Eunhyuk's actions. It was just like 2 boys fighting for their favourite toy car. 

After Hyoyeon left to meet up with Yuri, Donghae confronted him. 

" You've been clingy to Hyoyeon for a while. " Donghae said like it was a joke, but inside he was serious. 

Eunhyuk knew Donghae was serious, " How?" He laughed.

His bestfriend just looked at him with a smirk. " You're really asking that? Its obvious. " 

Eunhyuk didnt say anything. He gave him a shrug as a response and drank water. 

" You like her dont you?" Donghae asked. His whole expression changed. He showed more of his seriousness and patiently waited for his answer. 

Eunhyuk didnt hesitated to answer his question. " Yeah. So what?" He looked at him. 

" Do you really?" Donghae asked which Eunhyuk raised his eyebrows at, " I mean you've never liked a girl before. What if this is just one of those teenage crushes or something?" 

Eunhyuk chuckled and sat on the ground with his back leaning on the wall, " Its not. Just like you said, I've never liked a girl before, she's the first girl I've ever actually paid attention to. I've never felt like this before.. She's the first person who I fell in love with.. " He said looking at his hands. He was afraid to see his bestfriend's reaction. 

Donghae didnt say anything. He was actually surprised at his bestfriend's words. Even if its simple words, he knew Eunhyuk was honest. " Oh.. " Was all Donghae said. 

Eunhyuk looked at Donghae who was looking at his phone. It was turned off. He was just sitting there beside him. " Do you? " Eunhyuk suddenly asked.

Donghae gave him a small laugh. " Yeah. " 

" And this isnt one of those feelings? Those feelings where it just comes and goes?" Eunhyuk asked him. 

He shook his head, " Nah. If it was, dont you think it'd be gone?" He looked at Eunhyuk who was a little upset but tried to keep a straight face on, " You're not the only person who fell in love with her." 

Eunhyuk stayed quiet for a moment, " How do you know then? I mean, dont forget, you are a player. " He ended off with a small laugh. 

" How do I know? Ever since the day I laid my eyes on her, I couldnt keep them off. She's the only girl that managed to keep my eyes on her, and only her. " Donghae sighed and laughed.

Both stayed quiet for a long time. They never thought of liking the same person. It never happened actually. " So what now?" Eunhyuk broke the silence. 

Donghae shrugged, " I dont know. " 

Eunhyuk laughed quietly, " Dont worry, just because we live in the same house doesnt mean I'll take that advantage to win her, I'll win her though, but fair and square. " 

Donghae replied with a small chuckled, " And just because I was her first kiss doesnt mean I wont be her last. " He looked at Eunhyuk to see his reaction. But to his surprise, Eunhyuk smirked. 

" Its too soon to tell. " He said and stood up, " im going home. Nice talk. " 

Donghae scoffed, " Yah, I'll kill you if Hyoyeon told me you tried to touch her. " 

" Dont worry, I'll try not to. " He joked and put his hands in his pocket. " Dont make this a reason for us to stop being friends, its just a small thing between us. " He looked at Donghae. 

" Yeah yeah, whatever. " Donghae said, " Just go, make sure Hyoyeon gets home safe. " He chuckled. 

" Yeah yeah. " Eunhyuk waved his hand as he walked out of the room. 

As soon as he left, both friends frowned. Both weren't sure if things could get messy with their friendship, but both knew that they wont let the other win Hyoyeon. They just have to play fair and square, who ever gets her, they have to face it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hI! I tried to get things heated up with Eunhyuk and Donghae >:) Haha. So as you can tell, next chapter will be more about Hyoyeon's hard life and not to mention her love life with those 2 knuckleheads. I'll give you a hint on what's going to happen next chapter, Donghae and Hyoyeon's class getS to go on a little field trip ;) There will be more HyoHae before HyoHyuk ahhaha.