School

Complicated Love

A week went by with Hyoyeon not showing up for her tutoring job. Eunhyuk, of course was always wondering what happened to her since his mom hasnt recieved a phone call from her. But ever since their little incident, Eunhyuk hasnt stopped thinking about her, not even for a minute. 

" Yah, where you going? You said you'll come over today. " Donghae yelled at Eunhyuk who was walking to his car.

Eunhyuk turned around and started walking backwards, " I have things to do! See ya! " He gave him a sly smile and walked into his car. 

Donghae scoffed, " Whats this kid up to these days. " He mummbled to himself. " Its a girl, I know its a girl.. " He talked to himself with a smirk. 

 

As soon as Eunhyuk came home, he was about to go upstairs in his room when his mom caught him.

" You're home early again. " Dahae said out of no where, scaring Eunhyuk. 

" Early? School just finished. " Eunhyuk laughed and ran upstairs. 

Eunhyuk rushed into his room and placed his bags on the chair. He took out his notes and books to place it on the desk. He smiles but then checks his watch.

" Eh, I guess I have time to sleep. " He shrugged and jumped on his bed. 

Before sleeping, he stared at the ceiling. He had many thoughts of Hyoyeon running around his mind. He didnt know why, but he liked the thought of her; it made him go through his boring days. He closed his eyes and just smiled at the thought of when Hyoyeon fell. 

 

Eunhyuk slowly opens his eyes to the sound of his phone ringing. He immediantly raised his head from his pillow but with eyes half closed. He sighs and drops his head on the pillow as he tried to find his phone on his bed. Before his ringtone ends, he quickly finds his phone and answers.

" Bwoh? " Eunhyuk groaned.

" Yo! Come over, my parents are out. " Donghae said without greeting him. 

" I cant, I have tutoring. " Eunhyuk answered as he got up from his bed and wiped his drool.

Donghae chuckled, " who has a tutoring session at 9? Just come over! " 

As soon as he heard Donghae say ' 9 ' he immediantly woke up and checked his phone time, which read, ' 9:03. Damn it, I missed it. He thought.

" Yah, you still there? " Donghae's voice interuppted his thoughts. 

" Uh- yeah. Im not going today, I have this business thing. " Eunhyuk said and just hung up before Donghae could whine. 

Eunhyuk got up and stretched his arms before going downstairs. He rubs his eyes and walks into the kitchen. " Eomma, did Hyoyeon come today? " He asked as he sat down.

Dahae continues to cook but answeres, " She didnt come. What were you doing upstairs? You should've noticed. " She chuckled.

Eunhyuk frowns but fakes a yawn to cover his expression, " I was sleeping, I thought I missed it. " 

Dahae looks at his son who had tired eyes and a poor posture, " Well, eat some dinner and go back to sleep. you seem tired. " 

" Eomma, has Hyoyeon called you yet? I mean she hasnt showed up for a week. " He asked but with no expression. 

Dahae stops cooking and looks at her son with worried eyes, " No she hasnt. Im already getting worried. She should've called me if she wasnt coming, " 

Eunhyuk zoned out his mom and started thinking. He sat their for a moment before getting up. " I'll be out, I might be back late. " He said to his mom and kissed her on the cheek.

" I thought you were eating dinner? Where are you going? " Dahae asked her son who was already walking towards the door with the car keys from the drawer.

" Im going Donghaes, I'll be back late, so dont wait up. " He smiled at his mom before walking out the door.

 

Eunhyuk drove around, but not at Donghae's, at Hyoyeon's work. Since he didnt know where she lives, he decided to go around to ask where she lives. He went to the only job she had, which was the club. 

He walked into a the noisy place with an annoyed expression. All the drunks and desperate girls he saw digusted him, but the only thing he thought of was Hyoyeon, he made that his motive to get through this place he hated so much. 

He walked around the club to find a random waitress. " Yah, you. " He coldly called her.

" Hey, sir. " The waitress flirted with him, which he rolled his eyes at. " Is there anything I can do? " She swayed her hips towards him. 

Eunhyuk scoffed, " No, Im looking for a girl who works here. Kim Hyoyeon. " He said with a plain expression.

The waitress shrugged then started sliding her fingers across his chest. " I havent heard of her for a week, but Im here, so why dont we- "

" You're no help. " He cut her off, " Where's your manager?" Eunhyuk coldly said.

The waitress of course was getting scared of his tone and his glare. She ended her games and frowned, " He's in the VIP room. " She answered.

Eunhyuk nodded at her as a response and quickly walked towards the stairs. As he went upstairs, he could hear the music fading, but it was still loud. He opened the door which said VIP. As soon as he opens it, he's greeted by a group of men surrounding a table that had a poker game set.Not only a poker set, but also some beers and money.The room was filled with the smell of alcohol and the yellings of the men. There was a couch in the back and a few girls cheering and sitting on the men. He scoffed, when he saw a girl stealing money from one of the man's pockets. 

" es. " Eunhyuk mummbles and walks towards the table. The men didnt even look at them and continued to play the game. " Yah, who's the manager here? " He asked.

The man on his right raises his hand without looking at Eunhyuk, " What do you want? " He asked.

" Im looking for one of your employees, Kim Hyoyeon. " Eunhyuk asked.

" Sorry, boy. " He said with an accent, " I dont know a Kim Hyoyeon. " 

Eunhyuk tilted his head, " Bwoh? You dont know your own employees? " He raised his eyebrows.

" Yah, kid. " The man on the farthest seat away from him, " This is a club, he doesnt even know half of the employees here. " He laughed.

Eunhyuk sighs and thinking he was right. " Aish, what was I thinking. " He mummbles and walks away.

Before Eunhyuk could leave, the manager yells for him, " Yah, if you find that Hyoyeon girl, you have to pay up before doing anything to her. " He smirks.

" Im not like that. " Eunhyuk coldly says and leaves, slamming the door. 

 

Eunhyuk enters his car with a frown and a mind full of thoughts. He sighed of frustrations and kept thinking where to find her. He knew he cant just go driving around the city looking for one specific blonde girl. Eunhyuk didnt know why, but he felt his heart beating faster as if its trying to pop out of his chest, all he wanted to do was find her; he just didnt know how. He was about to give up when he saw a couple of friends drinking coffee. He then realizes there's one more place he didnt go to that may know where she is. He immediantly starts the car and drives. 

Once he enters the coffee shop, he goes to the manager's office without knocking. 

" Excuse me, " The manager, Clara shockingly said, "You cant just go in here. " 

Eunhyuk ignored her, " Whatever, have you seen Hyoyeon? " He asked.

Clara looks down at him, " Excuse me, this is my office, you cant just come in and ask random questions without an appointment., " She replied with an annoyed tone.

" As if you were that busy. " He scoffed which Clara glared at him, " Just answer my question, where's Hyoyeon?"

" I dont know where that girl is. I fired her 3 weeks ago. " She answered, crossing her arms, " Now leave. " 

" Do you at least know where she lives? " He asked but with more of a sincere and worried tone. 

" Why would I know that? " She rolled her eyes, " Just le- "

" Her address should be on her resume, maybe you still have it. " He said with an inoccent eyes.

Clara looks at him and realizes his cold expression completely changed to a worried, inoccent, cluelessly expression. She sighs and places her hands on her desk, " I'll check if I still have it, but if I dont, that doesnt mean you're staying here. " She spoke which Eunhyuk nodded at. 

Clara rolls her eyes and goes to file drawer. She opens one of the drawers and flips through the papers. After a moment of waiting, she grabs a folder which read, " J - L " Eunhyuk crosses his fingers and watches Clara placing the folder as she opened it to find Hyoyeon's papers. Once Clara stops at one paper, Eunhyuk quickly grabs it and reads the name.

He sighs in relief and couldnt stop a small smile. Eunhyuk looks at Clara and awkwardly scratches his head, " Uh, t-thanks? " He spoke.

Clara looks at him with a disbelief expression, " Dont tell me you havent thanked someone before. " 

Eunhyuk didnt say anything and nodded in response. He left the office, leaving Clara confused at the sudden situation. 

 

After getting lost around the city, he finally finds himself in a dirty and rowdy neighborhood. Everywhere he looks, there a bunch of guys with drinks and chicks. The houses were small and to Eunhyuk, it seemed dirty for him since he wasnt used to the whole dirty driveways and houses. Everyone was literally yelling or drunk, in every house you could hear all the parties and yellings. 

Eunyuk observes them in disgusts, " I cant believe Hyoyeon could survive in this kinda place. Ew. " He crinkled his nose. " She better thank me for finding her. " He mummbled once he stopped at a small, torn up apartment. 

Once he got out of his car, he could feel all the eyes on him. It wasnt a surprise for him since he brought a fancy car to a neighborhood like this. He made he locked his car before walking away. 

On his way to the apartment building, everyone stared at him with jealous eyes, making him nervous, He speeded up his steps and only focused on Hyoyeon. Once he arrived in front of Hyoyeon's apartment, he knocked twice but no one answered after a moment. 

" Hyoyeon, yah. " Eunhyuk spoke, getting eyes on him. " Yah, its me, open up. " He kept saying. 

Eunhyuk suddenly jumped when a voice came behind him. He turned around and saw 2 people; a man with one drink in his hand and a lady's hand on the other. The man wore a black jeans with holes in them and a baggy loose shirt. The lady basically showed her skin, she had very short shorts on with a fitted tank top that could reach up to her stomach. 

" Kid, you live in a neighborhood like this, its easy to break in. " The man laughed along with the woman as they walked away.

Eunhyuk didnt speak and just stared at the couple before looking back at the door. He thought for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. He backed away from the door, only a few feet away. He took a deep breath before pushing himself from the wall towards the door. With a loud bang, he bounced back and held his swollen shoulder.

" Ow, . " He swore. " Damn it, Hyoyeon. "

He walked back to the door and called for her name once again, but no one answered. Eunhyuk looked at the door knob, " I swear if this opens, Hyoyeon owes me. " He mummbles to himself. He places his hand on the door knob and turned it. Once he did, the door opened with a little push. " Are you ing kidding me. " He swore again as he entered the apartment as he rubbed his shoulder. 

It was no surprise to see the torn and dirty room. He didnt pay much attention to the room and just called out her name, " Hyoyeon, yah. " He yelled, but no one answered. 

Eunhyuk was about to give up when he looked down in the narrow hallway. Across from him was an open door revealling a body on the floor. He squints his eye and realizes the blonde head. He quickly runs to the room and to her side. He looked at her from head to toe. Her face got less chubby and her body was too skinny. She had big and black circles under her eyes. 

" Y-yah, wake up. Hyoyeon. " Eunhyuk said, shaking her. " Yah! " He yelled.

To the sound of his voice, Hyoyeon flinches and slowly openes her red eyes, but what she notices was the crumpled paper in her hands. SHe began to cry as she stared at it, " H-he left. H-he took the money. H-He left me.. " Hyoyeon cried. 

Eunhyuk didnt know how to comfort her and just stared at her with sad eyes. Instead, he took the paper from her hands and read it, Its time for me leave, I think you're old enough to be without me. Eunhyuk read in his head. 

He then looked at Hyoyeon who hasnt stopped crying. Not knowing what to do, he looks at her instead. He notices how skinny she got for the past week, " Uhm, Hyoyeon, come on, get up, lets eat. " Eunhyuk spoke with a light but comforting tone.

Hyoyeon slowly stops crying and looks at Eunhyuk. Her sight was kinda blurry because of all her tears, but she managed to picture Eunhyuk in her head. She didnt know why but she was happy he was here with her. 

" Come on. " Eunhyuk spoke and helped Hyoyeon get up.

As they started to walk out of the apartment, Hyoyeon of course, was struggling to keep up. Her whole body felt too heavy and her head hurted too much. She gripped onto Eunhyuk's arm for help but it didnt made anything better. She felt too weak to move. In a blink of eye, Hyoyeon fell to the ground and everything went black for her.

" Hyoyeon? Hyoyeon! " Eunhyuk yelled her name. 

 

" So is she okay? " Eunhyuk immediantly asked the doctor after checking up on Hyoyeon.

The doctor writes on his paper before speaking, " When was the last time you ate? " He asked Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon weakly spoke, " A-a week a-ago.. " 

The doctor shakes his head, " Okay, Hyoyeon-sshi, I want you eating again, even if you dont feel like eating, just eat at least 2 breads. " He said, Hyoyeon nodded as Eunhyuk worriedly looked at her.

The doctor turns to Eunhyuk and gives him a presciption, " Give this to the doctor in the clinic, he'll know which medicine. " The doctor smiles and bows, " Take care next time. " He said before leaving. 

" How did you find me? " Eunhyuk heard Hyoyeon's weak voice behind him.

He turned around, " I went back to the coffee shop, surprisingly, they still had your files. " He chuckled and sat on the bed by her feet. 

Hyoyeon shyly smiled, " So you looked for me? " She asked.

Eunhyuk was a little taken back from her quuestion, " N-no! I mean, no. " He stuttered.

" Then why'd you come back to the coffee shop? You asked for my files? " She raised her eyebrows.

" T-technically I wasnt looking for you. I was al-always bored at home, I had no one to bother. " He defended himself.

Hyoyeon chuckled and nodded.

Eunhyuk unknowingly smiles, " You're smiling, Im making you laugh. " He said.

" Im laughing because you look like a monkey. " She answered. 

Eunhyuk glares at her, " Aish. Lets go. " He says and walks away, leaving on the hospital bed.

 

The whole drive was quiet. Hyoyeon was too busy thinking of her dad and Eunhyuk was too busy driving and well, sneaking glances at her. After Eunhyuk turns, Hyoyeon destroys the quiet atmosphere, " W-where we going? " She asked.

" My house. " Eunhyuk answers.

" But what about me? my house is that way. " Hyoyeon turns back.

Eunhyuk chuckles, " You just notice that now? I've been going the opposite way from your house. " He laughed. 

" W-wait, what about me? " She asked.

" You live by yourself in that neighborhood, Im not letting you do that." Eunhyuk strictly said.

" W-what? why? " She asked once again.

Eunhyuk opened his mouth but close it. He hesitated to answer before speaking, " B-because my mom misses you. " He stuttered. " She's been worrying about you. " 

Hyoyeon nods and looks out the window with a small smile, " It feels good that someone misses you. " She quietly spoke.

" What do you mean? " He asked.

" Nothing. I miss being missed, thats all. " She finishes the conversation. 

Eunhyuk wondered what she meant but decided to not cross the line. 

 

As soon as they get home, Eunhyuk tells the maids to cook something for Hyoyeon while he goes up to his mom.

" Eomma. " He enters the room. " Uh, I have a surprise downstairs. " He nervously smiled.

Dahae tilts her head before Eunhyuk told her to come downstairs.

" Hyukjae, if this is one of your jokes, I will - " Dahae stops when she sees Hyoyeon in the dining table. She widely smiles " Hyoyeon! You're okay! " Dahae runs and hugs her.

Hyoyeon just let out a smile and laughs.

As soon as Dahae lets go, she notices Hyoyeon weak and pale face. " What have you been up to? We havent heard of you for weeks! " She spoke.

Hyoyeon nervously looks at Eunhyuk, " Uhm, I .. I've been sick.. lately... " She quiely spoke.

Dahae tilts her head, " Bwoh? Then why are you here? You should be home resting! " 

Hyoyeon looked at Eunhyuk for help, " Before she got sick, her parents went on a vacation, they wont be back for a while, so I figured she could stay here until they get back. " Eunhyuk answered.

Dahae looks at her with sad eyes, " Dont worry, honey, we'll take care of you. " She smiles. " In fact, I'll cook you my favoutrie chicken soup! " She claps her hands and sends the maids to stop cooking. 

Hyoyeon watches Dahae cook for her with a small smile. She missed the feeling of someone taking care of her. For once, she can depend on someone, but she knew they wouldnt stay forever, making her frown. 

 

As days passed, Hyoyeon was getting better. She had mostly Dahae to take care of her, but not to comfort her. The only person who can do that was Eunhyuk; every night, Eunhyuk would hear her cry in her sleep, he'd stay with Hyoyeon until she would fall alseep. He didnt know why he wanted to, but all he wanted was Hyoyeon to feel better. Being with Hyoyeon was good enough for him. 

She had more energy and strength to walk around and do things. And by do things, I mean tutor Eunhyuk. Dahae didnt want her working but Hyoyeon had always felt bad since she didnt do anything in return. She knew she couldnt stay forever since her " parents " were coming back. Hyoyeon figured if she's leaving, she should at least leave something behind thats good, meaning Eunhyuk had to get smart, or at least pass his exams. 

" Can we please take a break?! " Eunhyuk whined and was about to close the book when Hyoyeon stopped him.

" We took a break like 10 minutes ago. " Hyoyeon chuckled.

" Still,Im tired. " He said as he stood up and jumped on his bed. 

" Aish, what the hell have you been doing while I was gone? " She crossed her arms and looked at him. 

" I dont know, watch, play, sleep. " He shrugged and closed his eyes, which Hyoyeon rolled her eyes at. " I dont get how you manage to study for so long. Its a such a pain. " 

Hyoyeon stood up and went to bed, " Because Im motivated. " She said and grabbed the pillow from his head and hit him. 

" Yah! What- " He immediantly sat up and glared at her. 

Hyoyeon was about to hit him again when she realize what she said, " Aha! You need to get motivated! " She snapped her fingers. 

Eunhyuk still glared at her and rubbed his head, " How are you suppose to do that? " He said as he took the pillow from her. 

" I dont know, what do you want? " She asked. 

Eunhyuk thought for a moment, " Uhm, a new dancing studio. " He smiled.

Hyoyeon frowned, " Can you be realistic. " She crossed her arms.

" Fine.. " He frowned and thought again, " Uh.. You be my maid for.. 2 months. " He smirked. 

Hyoyeon hesitated to answer but thinking about Dahae made her say, " Fine. I'll be your maid. " She frowned." But only if you pass your exams. " 

Eunhyuk was surprised at her answer and chuckled, " Really? Wow, why do you want me to pass my classes so badly? " 

" Because your mom wants you to pass. I'm only doing this because she's been so good to me. " She kindly smiled.

" Well, thats my Eomma. " He shrugged. 

" Its weird, your mom's nice but you're not. " She commented and walked away, leaving Eunhyuk glaring at her. 

 

After another week, Hyoyeon quickly got better.She chose to go back home since she had the strength, plus she didnt want to be a bother to Eunhyuk's family. Even though Eunhyuk didnt want her to, he didnt admit it and let her go. But of course, that didnt stop him from visiting her all the time to make sure she's okay, even if it was on the same day Hyoyeon tutored him. Hyoyeon always wondered why he always visited but always being gullable, she believed Eunhyuk's words, which was always, " My dad got mad at me. Can I stay here for a bit? " or " What was for homework again? " 

Everyone noticed how Eunhyuk changed, not to a nice person but his aura changed. Even though he's always being rude to everyone, people could tell that he's different lately, a brighter Eunhyuk. Donghae always wondered why and comes over, but everytime he does, Eunhyuk's either not home, sleeping or Hyoyeon's not there. Donghae wasnt the only one wondering, but also his dad. Dongwook noticed his son always acting different now. Dongwook was always the one to watch out for his son, meaning he always has people following Eunhyuk and report back to him. Dongwook knew Eunhyuk always went to Hyoyeon's house.

Being a protective, business dad, he knew his son cant be in a relationship because of Eunhyuk's situation. Dongwook knew if Eunhyuk gets into a relationship, Eunhyuk will get distracted and definetly lose a hold of their company. His son still has a long way to go and he cant afford anymore distractions. He knew firing Hyoyeon from the job wont do anything since Eunhyuk would just go to her, but if Hyoyeon walked away by herself from him, Eunhyuk will stop going to her. 

 

" Hyoyeon-sshi. " One of the maids called her. 

Both Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk turned from their textbooks. " Yes? " Hyoyeon asked.

" Dongwook-sshi is calling you. " The maid answered.

Eunhyuk frowned and Hyoyeon tilted her head. " Why? " Eunhyuk asked her.

" I dont know. Dongwook-sshi just asked me to call her. " The maid answered in a polite tone towards Eunhyuk. 

Of course Hyoyeon was nervous but she had to go. She forced a smile at Eunhyuk to calm him down and stood up. She left the room with Eunhyuk frowning. Hyoyeon followed the maid to the study room with sweaty hands. 

" Annyeonghaseyo. " Hyoyeon bowed to Dongwook. 

" Please, sit down. " Dongwook smiled at her and pointed to the couch. Hyoyeon nodded and sat down, " I noticed my son's grades started getting higher because of you. " He smiled, but looked at Hyoyeon in the eye, making her nervous, " So what school did you go to? Because I can never find someone who's smart as you at your age. " He asked.

Hyoyeon froze at the spot and couldnt think of any high school. She hid her scared expression with a nervous smile, " I-I was.. I dont really.. Uh.. " She couldnt think of anything to say. 

Dongwook chuckled, " So I see it's true. " He said, which made Hyoyeon confuse. " Did you really expect me to let my wife hire some girl she saw in the neighborhood without getting any background check ? " He raised his eyebrows and looked at Hyoyeon. 

Hyoyeon's heart began to beat faster. 

The man smiled after, " Dont worry. I wont fire you, you are the reason why my son's getting smarter. " He said which made Hyoyeon sigh in relief, but she hid it with a smile. " Hyoyeon, how would you like it if you started going to school again? " Dongwook asked with a smile.

Hyoyeon was surprised at his question, " N-neh? school? " She repeated.

" It's probably a stupid thing to do since you're smart but think about how smart you would get after learning more in school, plus dont you miss going?" Dongwook smiled.

Hyoyeon wanted to say yes but as always, she felt bad. " I cant accept this, Dongwook-sshi. Its too much. " She shook her head.

" Think of it as a thank you gift for being an influence to my son. " He kindly smiled. " Plus, you know you cant miss a chance like this. You can get a better job after you graduate. " He said, emphasizing the  word, ' better. ' 

Hyoyeon was wide eyed. To think that even Dongwook knows about her job in the club. " Uh.. I-I'll think about it. " She spoke.

He nodded. " Alright. But just let me know by friday, I'll make the administrations for next semester. " He gave her a kind smile before she stood up and bowed.

" Thank you. " She said before opening the door. 

Before stepping out of the room, Dongwook called out, " By the way, my assistant is waiting by the door, please call him in. " He said, which Hyoyeon nodded at.

Hyoyeon walked upstairs into Eunhyuk's in deep thoughts.

" So what happened? What did my dad need? " Eunhyuk asked who couldnt hide his concern for Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon shook her thoughts and smiled at Eunhyuk, " Nothing. He just wanted to know how you're doing in school. " 

Before Eunhyuk could speak, she spoke once again, " Your school's one of the top educators right? " Hyoyeon asked.

 

" Was that Kim Hyoyeon? " Dongwook's assistance asked.

Dongwook nodded without taking off his eyes from his paperwork.

" Sir, I dont get why you have to send her to Hyukjae-sshi's school. Cant you just fire her? " His assistance asked.

Dongwook chuckled, " Firing her will not do anything, my son will still go to her and she'll accept him. Hyoyeon knows how my son is at home, but in public. she'll figure out what she's getting into, that'll send her away. " He gave him a sly smile before getting back to his work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for a long update!! But Im back now! :) I admit this chapter was kind of boring but promise, next chapter the drama will start! More HyoHae will happen ;)) Its obvious right? Hyoyeon will go to school and jealousy and drama will occur! ahahahaha. 

Im sorry to say this, but there might be another long update though. Im going on vacation sorry! But as soon as I get back, I'll start right on it!