Kim Hyoyeon

Complicated Love

In Seoul, a young woman runs through the big crowd. She ties her blonde hair in a messy bun as she runs through saying " excuse me. " She's been running almost a mile from her other work.. As soon as she stops in a small coffee shop, she puts her hands on her knees and start to catch her breath. 

" Yah! Hyoyeon, you're late! Hurry up and get in here! " One of the employees said from the entrance. 

" N-neh! " Hyoyeon said and quickly rushed inside the building. 

" Here, some kid missed the tiolet. " Her manager said as he gave the mop to Hyoyeon.

" N-neh? Now? " Hyoyeon innocently said. " But I just arrived for my shift, Im not even ready yet plus Im suppose to be working for the cashier today. "

" Aish, so much excuses. Do you want a job? " Her manager hissed and glared at her. 

Hyoyeon frowned and looked down. " Neh. I clean it. " She immediantly obeyed and went in the washroom with the mop. 

As soon as she walked in the washroom, she groaned once she saw the big puddle of yellow liquid on the floor. She sniffed and crinkled her nose from the horrible smell. She sighed and started doing her job. 

" This is such a pain in the . Why am I even putting up with this? " Hyoyeon groaned as she cleaned. " Aish. Im so tired. I just want to go home. " She spoke to herself. 

After 15 minutes of cleaning, she finally finished and placed the mop on the side. She walked over to the sink and washed her hands. As she did, she looked up the mirror and sighed at her condition. Her eyes were red and dry with black circles under it. Her hair was all tangled up and messy. Her cheeks were getting smaller every week from having no food; she could literally see herself getting skinny each week.

Everyday, Hyoyeon would look at herself in the mirror and just want to tear up. She's been living this kind of life for 5 years; having a bunch of part time jobs, no sleep, barely no food, and no family. 

" Yah! Hurry up! People still want to use the washroom! " She heard her co-worker yell. 

" Neh, Im done. " She replied. She wiped her tears away and cleared as she headed for the door. 

After 4 hours of working and serving people, her shift finally ended. She yawns and moans from the pain on her back. " I cant wait to sleep. " She smiled at herself. She quickly leaves the coffee shop before her co-workers would notice since they would tell her to do everything. As soon as she gets the fresh air inside of her, she smiles and relaxes as she walks. 

It took her about 30 minutes to walk from her work to her house. It may sound long for her, but she's use to it. She walks everyday of her life from places to places, she can never afford cabs, plus its a good way to save money from taking buses. 

As soon as she enters her apartment building, she could already hear people yelling and having parties. Its always the same when she gets home. 

" Hey, Hyoyeon. " Her strange, creepy neighbor winks at her. 

" A-an-annyeonghaseyo. " Hyoyeon stuttered and bowed her head. 

" Good luck in there, I think your old man's pretty drunk today. " He said in his deep, husky voice. 

As soon as Hyoyeon heard those words, her heart started beating. Her hands were literally shaking from the touch that door knob. She sniffs and holds her breath as she opens the door. She peeks through the openings before entering her home. Her heart beats faster when she hears that voice, that angry voice. 

" YAH! HYOYEON! " A man said. 

Hyoyeon flinched at the voice. She takes a deep breath before entering the house and closing the door. She takes off her ripped shoes and places it on the side. She quietly walks in her small and wrecked apartment as she looks for him.

" GET YOUR ING IN HERE. " The man yelled. 

Hyoyeon jumped again, but immediantly followed that angry voice. She walked to her living room hearing the TV and her father yelling. " A-appa? " She nervously stuttered.

" Why are you so late? Didnt I tell you to go home early? " He angerily looked at her.

" I-I had to work today.. " She stuttered as she watched her distance from her dad. 

" LIAR! " He suddenly yelled and threw his beer bottle at the wall behind Hyoyeon, almost hitting her. Hyoyeon cloesd her eyes and clenched onto her jeans. " If you have been working how come we never get any money? We never have money for food! " He yelled. 

" I - I do get money.. I-its just.." 

" Speak up! "

" A-appa, I've b-been paying for all the bills.. A-and your f-friends the m-money you owe.. " She nervously said. Every word she spoke made her heart beat faster. She knew saying those words would get her hit. 

Her dad stood up from the chair and walked towards Hyoyeon with an angry face. " So are you saying this is my fault? " 

" A-ani.. O-of course not. " She slowly stepped back. " I-Im just s-suggesting that ma-maybe you should slow down with the drinking and the gambliings.. " 

" Dont you tell me what to do! " He yelled and smacked her across the face, making her step back causing herself to step on the broken glasses. This made her whimper and cry. 

" I-Im sorry. Im just.. Im sorry. " Hyoyeon hid her tears by bowing to her dad. 

SHe kept her head down until she saw her dad's feet walk away. " Im going out. When I get home this place better be clean. " He hissed and banged the door close. 

As soon as she heard the door shut, she dropped to her knees and cried. She touched her swollen cheek and whimpered when she put pressure on it. " Eomma.. Why .. Why does appa hate me..? " She asked as she cried. 

After 10 minutes of crying in the corner of the living room. She checked her watch and sniffed. I have 40 minutes.. I'll be fine. She thought. She weakly stood up and started cleaning the house. The broken glasses, the dishes, the drugs on the floor, and her blood that came from her feet. 

After cleaning she checked her time and sighed. She was hoping for an extra time for sleeping but it was too late. She had to get ready for her other job which was in 30 minutes. 

 

She was only a few feets away from her job and yet she could already hear the loud music playing. As soon walked in the building she heard men whistling at her and definetly smacking her . Hyoyeon covered used her arms to cover herself as she walked through the  bar. Everyday she'd walk into this building, she'd always feel ashamed and hated herself for working at dirty place. She was always digusted by those guys who carelessy touch girls in places and the way girls shamely dance for money or mainly because of . But even though she's been working there for a while, she always managed to keep her innocence. 

She was wearing a short that only goes up to her and a sleelves and very tight tank top. The outfit that Hyoyeon hated so much, she always had to wear it. She hated revealling herself for this ets, but she had no choice since she needed money. 

Once she reached the back room, she sat on the chair in front of a mirror and looked at her face. She frowned when she saw a black- purple-ish bruise on her cheek.

" Woah, what happened to your face? " One of her co-workers laughed. 

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes at her and glared at them. 

" Calm down, girl. " One of the girls said. She walked over to her back and got her foundation and concealer. " Here, just use this to cover it up. " She smiled and left. " Put it back in my bag though! " She yelled as she got out. 

Hyoyeon sighed at her face and followed her advice.

Once she got out of the back room, she already started her job. She put her kind and innocent side away and replaced it with a flirty look. She was used to this everyday, being touched, being slapped, being used; she was used to being everyone's tools. Everday Hyoyeon would cry herself to sleep because of this, she regretted living her life, but she had no choice since she couldnt leave her alcholic and gambling dad by himself. The one thing she loves about herself is she makes people happy, even though she isnt happy... Kim Hyoyeon always puts others before herself, thats her motto. 

 

 

 

 

 

Good so far? Aaha, hope you like the story so far! Dont worry, even though the starting seems really.. weird and dirty.. Hyoyeon will get the taste of having a good and positive life :) Just wait for it!