Chapter 26

(ED. C4) SEIJIRA ACADEMY 세이지라 아카데미
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              The next day, I went back to class even after receiving several discouragements from the faculty. I found myself no longer able to handle staying comfortably put  in one corner when there are still a whole lot of questions left unanswered. In my mind, I figured the only thing that could make me relax is if I actually start roaming around for the things left to be uncovered. Plus, I realized that I cannot just stay in my room and stare at my star-strewn ceiling every night, waiting for someone's verdict. Boredom as hellish as that would just make me go crazy. And I know now at this point that no one will appreciate me losing my mind. Not even Seijira. I could tell that Luhan too didn't like the idea of me going back to class immediately after all the revelations, but he kept his silence probably because he knows too well that I’m not up for talking or arguing at all, especially if it's with him. 

 

                Talking about Luhan, I was a bit surprised when I opened my door and he was still there, leaning on the wall opposite my door as though he never moved at all. Okay, his clothes looked new and his bronze hair was kind of wet but aside from those, he looked as if he never got any sleep. I could tell, because he didn’t greet me right away.  He was just staring at the floor like he was thinking of something deep. When he finally noticed my presence, he immediately started by asking where I think I’m going. I looked at him with my poker face and just said I’m attending class. He shrugged and as I’ve just recounted, he didn’t react further more. Still,I kind of felt sorry that he has to do his duty of guarding me. I wanted to touch him, or just even give him something, maybe a cup of coffee or two, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. He might think I’m worrying unnecessarily and that we're already good to start again. 

 

                And so, I ended up just giving him a cold hrug. 

 

                Luhan kept his distance from me as we walked to our classroom. It was pretty uncomfortable, knowing that he’s looking at my back figure. But he wouldn’t go past me. It’s as if he’s saying that from now on, I should take the lead because I’m the beholder and he’s just one of my warriors, which if you think about it, is the horrible truth. 

 

                We weren’t exactly early when we headed for class so a lot of students were already there loitering on the corridor  when we arrived. As I've expected, they stared. After all, why would Luhan follow the beaten Mi Yeon? Is there some reason why he would be following her like he’s the stalker when it’s supposed to be the other way around?

 

                I stared at the ground. I didn’t exactly like how the girls were looking at me like I’m dead meat.

 

                When we reached the classroom, it gave me some kind of stupid notion that I'm finally free from unwanted eyes. However, it faded right away almost as soon as it came, when I realized how everything became silent. This, I should have expected again. After all, I didn’t show up in class for one whole week. People are bound to talk, and I know that they have had their own speculations on what happened. No one is approaching me though, but I guess they’re just taking their time well. Probably it is also because I’m with Luhan that they don’t bother.

 

                “Keep moving,” Luhan murmured from behind me.

 

                No matter how much I don’t want to listen him, I just know that it’s the right thing to do. So, I walked down the aisle to my seat. Kai was also there, but unlike the others, he was not staring at me, but outside the window like he usually does.

 

                “Good morning,” I greeted him.

 

                He looked at me like time didn’t pass at all,  like he didn’t even notice something happened to me. I know it was supposed to bother me, but for the first time, I felt really relieved that someone is still acting normal around me. 

 

                “Oh,” he said, as if he just figured out I was standing in front of him. “You’re back.”          

                “Sort of,” I said, remembering something at the moment.

 

                However, the teacher suddenly entered and I was forced to put  my thoughts at the back of my mind. I made sure I could still pull it out when there’s a break. Beside me, Luhan was being all silent, just listening to the teacher but I knew that his mind remained alert, because when a rush of cold wind entered from the window to my side, the window automatically shut close. That, of course, is something only one person in the classroom can do.

 

                The class droned on and on and soon I was regretting that I even went back to class. Really, the only reason I did in the first place was to ask—

 

                “Kai-ssi,” I said, turning my chair around as soon as the bell rang. “We need to talk.”

                Kai shrugged. “I don’t really want to be an excuse.”

 

                His eyes turned to Luhan in a flash of a second as soon as he utt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter