Chapter 25

(ED. C4) SEIJIRA ACADEMY 세이지라 아카데미
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               Contrary to what I hoped for however, I was not given the rest of the day to just sleep. Now that they know that I’m conscious, things started to get moving. Apparently, a lot of the high ranking people think I should know exactly who I am and what I should do from now on. The talk with the headmaster that morning was just an appetizer. The real thing's just about to be revealed.

 

                By afternoon, a knock came rapping on my bedroom door. Lazily, I stood up and to my surprise, it was the headmaster, accompanied of course, by Luhan, who was regarding me quite intensely. For some reason, I thought I saw sadness in his eyes, but still, I’ve already made up my mind to not get swayed. I looked away, knowing that seeing him will not help me at all. I guess, if there’s just no way that I can get rid of him, I would just go on ignoring him like what he did to me. Then, we’ll become strangers in the long run. Just like that, back from where we started. Just that this time, I’m hoping that a repetition of the following events would not occur.

 

                I bowed my head low to the headmaster just as he did the same thing to me. I felt really uncomfortable when he did that. I saw Luhan also doing the same thing from the corner of my eyes.

 

                “What is it, sir?”

                “As I’ve told you earlier in your office, there are still a lot of things that you should know,” he said. “Someone’s waiting to meet you.”

 

                I furrowed my eyebrows at the idea. Who could it be? Just then, I saw a trail of red light circling around the middle of the corridor. My eyes immediately fixated on it. So too did the headmaster's and Luhan's. Without much thinking, I went past them to get closer to the light. They didn’t protest and instead just followed my lead. The light went for a straight line as if it wants to lead me somewhere, and sure it did. It flew in midair and stopped in front of the doors I’ve entered before -- the one which contained the big magical tree. I halted in front of the doors just as it opened slightly, just enough for one person to enter. The red light slipped right in through the crack and soon the entire room is filled with light. With pure courage and bravery, I entered the room. The doors shut right after my feet were both in.

 

                The room was brighter than when it had been the last time. The magical tree glimmered majestically in the center of the room, providing life in  its every corner. As usual, the water brimmed with energy, every flow whispered of happy things. I started walking through the single pathway. This time I got much closer to the tree, enabling me to finally see with much clarity the symbols imprinted in a circle right on the middle of its trunk. So these are the marks of my protectors…

 

                “Welcome back Lee Mi Yeon,” a voice said and it reverberated throughout the whole room.

 

                Suddenly, a bird, the same on the crest of the school and the one carved in my bedroom door flew from behind the tree and stopped in front of me like it was standing on an invisible table, only with its wings spread out. It was enormous and red in color. Its eyes were hawk sharp, and golden with a little tiny black dot in the middle of each. It somewhat looks like a phoenix, like the one you usually see in pictures in mythologies, but it’s tail is too long and it shifts color from red to orange to gold as it reaches the end of its feathers.

 

                The bird was stunning, and emits a certain kind of power that just enthralls you. Its mere presence gives a sudden surge of energy that feels relieving and terrifying at the same time.

 

                Before I knew it, I was bowing my head real low that it exceeded the normal 45-degree kind.

 

                “Seijira,” I said.

                The bird suddenly flew in a circle and went up. It emitted a great white light that encompassed the whole room and before me happened the greatest transformation I’ve ever witnessed. From where the bird was situated earlier, was a person with its feet not touching the ground. It was hard to tell if it is a he or a she, but for the purposes of describing, I would refer to it as a he. He looks godly, with a really really long red hair whose tips turned gold-ish just as it was with the tail of the bird. He was wearing a white cloth over his body, styled like the ones used in Ancient Greece, those same ones which looked like it was made with gold sprinkles so that it catches the attention of everyone who’s looking. Just from the sight of him, I know that this person isn’t someone you can just cross and stay alive. I was even quite sure that the light he was emitting was turned down a few notches so he wouldn’t turn me to dust himself. 

 

                “Yes,” the person said in a voice that’s also like it was a mix of man and woman pitch. “I am Seijira.”

 

                “Do not bow to me, brave one. You are my essence, my chosen.”

 

                And so, slowly, I raised my head and spoke, “Seijira, from which all duires came. To what honor brought me here in your presence?”

 

                Seijira smiled at me. “Now that you know who you are and for whom do you exist, your duties must now be given to you.”

 

                “Please do tell me what I have to do,” I said in determination.

 

                “First,” Seijira spoke. “You have to understand that this place is no longer safe for you nor any other place. You must solely rely on the powers of the eight to guard you at all times. You must gain their allegiance and trust for it will only be then that you can withhold their power according to your will.”

 

                “You cannot stay at this school. To defeat your opponent, three things must be secured. One is a treasure that has long been lost. The other is knowledge enclosed in the magic of the deep. The last one lies in the light who holds both secrets. “

 

                “Only the beholder can use the magic of the three. You must find them all. You must before the opponent gain access to them first.”

 

                “But…” I started. “How will I be able to find them?”

               

                Suddenly, a silver bracelet appeared around my right wrist. “That bracelet will turn gold when you are near one.”

 

                “Thank you,” I said and truly, I am.

 

                “You must know, dear one, that the venture will not be easy. You are bound to have several encounters with the enemy and a lot of close calls. From now on, you only have your strength and your will to save you.”

 

                “I fully understand.”

 

                “Once you have fulfilled your duties, you must bring them back here and offer them to me. You must channel the powers of the eight to me and only then could balance be restored and the enemy defeated. Do you understand?”

 

                “I think so,” I said a little bit shakily.

 

                “When the moment comes, you will know exactly what to do.”

 

                Suddenly, Seijira took a step closer to me and fixated his golden eyes on my face.

 

              

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter