Chapter 40

(ED. C4) SEIJIRA ACADEMY 세이지라 아카데미
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “It’s really freaking cold.”

                “Shut up, Oh Sehun.”

                “I bet you can’t feel it because of your fats.”

               

                I balled up a fist full of snow and threw it at him though I regretted it right away when I felt my hands freeze despite the gloves I’m wearing.

               

                “I’ve been hearing you say that since this morning, I don’t need any reminder,” I said, though I stuttered at the last bit.

 

                Me and the eight left for Geumjeongsan early. Bambam led the way up ‘til the foot of the mountain before we bade our goodbyes. He gave us some food which I now also carry in my necklace and reminded us once again to keep off the track. I thanked him well as we wish each other good luck.

 

                Right when I had a good look of the mountain, I know that we are in for a challenge. In normal grounds, though it’s cold with occasional downfall of snow, it is manageable, but the mountain is a completely different case. The whole lot is covered in snow. It’s pretty much of a bad luck that we have to venture in this situation. But we can’t go back now. We can’t go back because I’m pretty sure the medallion is here because when I looked at my bracelet, it already turned a faint shade of gold. So, despite knowing all the dangers, we started hiking on a more secluded place, away from everyone else who were just leisurely trying to reach the peak of the mountain. The path we took was steep and obviously not used. I kept tripping and I would have fallen hard if Luhan was not there to pick me up. Sehun kept on complaining too and that’s getting on my nerves. I mean, compared to us I just know that he’s definitely not feeling THAT cold because he’s duire is ice. If he can ever feel it, the way he says it, I bet it’s just 5% of what I’m feeling. The others were just trodding behind, and though they were not being loud as Sehun, I can feel that they are also having difficulties.

 

                I have not kept track of how long we are walking now, but the sun seemed to be already high up which practically means that it’s already in the afternoon. I am not sweating at all, and I’m not even carrying anything heavy, but I started to feel tired. It’s just really hard to walk on a thick pile of snow despite wearing boots. I kept looking at my bracelet but it’s still faint gold. Gd, we don’t even know what direction we are supposed to be heading. All we know is that we have to reach the middle of the mountain which is obviously definitely still far from us. The trees by now are getting thicker and wilder and so we have to be careful not to trip on its roots. I can also hear some animals scuttling around but I just stop minding them. Also, the more we walked, the more it gets colder. I know it because I can practically see my own breath.

               

                “Maybe we should rest,” Kyungsoo suddenly said.

               

                It’s true, we’ve been going around for hours now but it’s just that I didn’t feel like stopping. But now, as I look into their faces, I finally gave out an “ok”.

 

                The others quickly searched for their own places just closely around. Most of them sat on the protruding roots of trees while Kai climbed up a low branch, dusted off the snow and lay beside the trunk. Xiumin kept on standing for a while like he’s lost but then sat soon beside Tao. I took my seat beside Kyungsoo as I watch Luhan talk to Sehun.

 

                “What do you think?” I ask Kyungsoo randomly. I didn’t even know why I ask that, I just feel like talking. Stopping suddenly made me feel restless.

                “I’m just hoping it doesn’t rain snow tonight,” he said.

                “Well, can’t you predict?” I ask out of curiosity.

                “Something about this area is making it hard for me to use my duire. I’m pretty sure the others can feel it too,” D.O. said. “And somehow, I know you do.”

 

                He’s right. Eversince we arrived in Busan, I’ve been feeling it. Maybe it’s because the enemies are too close to us right now. They are probably right behind our trail. I’m just glad that they aren’t attacking us openly but I’m pretty sure it’s going to come sooner or later. We can’t just relax in our situation.

 

                The enemy…what must they be thinking right now?

 

                “Kyungsoo-ah,” I suddenly said, remembering something. “Last night…did you hear anything? Something like…music?”

                “Music?” D.O. looked at me like he’s asking if he heard right. I nodded at him. “No…I didn’t.”

                “Oh…” I said, disappointed. “I probably have been imagining it out.”

 

                Though, I really am pretty sure that didn’t happen. I would have imagined better things than listening to music. Still, I guess, I shouldn’t bother myself with it too much. Plus, we’re in the mountain now. It would really be weird if I hear the sound of a piano here.

 

                It’s barely been 10 minutes when I heard myself saying, “C’mon guys” which of course, gained a groan from Sehun. Luhan patted him on the back but didn’t say anything himself. This Sehun’s going to earn punches from me soon.

 

                We walked and walked, occasionally stopping once in a while until it started to get darker and darker. We continued to walk a bit slowly now trying to find a good place to stay when we found this not-so-big clearing just a bit to our left. We scrutinized the whole place and when we deemed it good enough, we started setting up the three tents the others bought yesterday that I carried in my necklace. When everything was done, we ate our dinner moderately so that our supplies will last (unless we want to start hunting in this weather). Today’s food was chicken, something that Bambam gave to me earlier. Though it has been cooked long ago, it still tasted nice. Kai was kind enough to start a fire in the middle to get us all warmed up. I noticed Sehun moved uncomfortably to the sight then, a fact that made me smirk at him and him scoff at me.

 

                Luhan who was beside me, put his arms around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him which kind of surprised me.

               

                “I’m starting to think you’re developing feelings towards Sehun,” he said jokingly.

                “No, I’m starting to think you’re getting jealous because your Sehunnie’s attention is not only yours now,” I said.

               

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter