Chapter 1

(ED. C4) SEIJIRA ACADEMY 세이지라 아카데미
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               KRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

 

                The dream I was having completely faded at the ring of the alarm clock. Only a bit startled, I rolled on the bed wishing for continuity even when I could hardly remember what the dream was about. All I knew was how much I wanted the darkness to linger, so I blindly stretched my hand towards the bedside table and hit the alarm off. 

 

                KRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

               

           I could have imagined it, but the sound of disturbance felt like it reached a notch higher. So, amidst a state of complete disgruntlement,  I raised my head and opened my eyes a bit but sooner than expected deemed the effort too much. The ray of sunlight slipping through the gap of my curtain was so bright it gave me a headache. So, I ticked the clock off again and aggressively covered my head with the pillow.

 

                KRINGGGGGGGGGGG! KRINGGGGGGGGGGGG! KRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

                Seriously.

 

                “I’m getting up…I’m getting up,” I grumbled to myself in utter annoyance. Was 5 minutes too much to ask? I rolled on the bed once more, this time to the opposite direction. That's when I heard something light hit the floor. I took a peek and dismissed it only as my notebook. My math notebook. I  sat up as reality hit me hard and fast. 

 

                , today is my finals. 

 

                Quickly, I grabbed my phone on the bedside table, disregarded the alarm clock I unintentionally knocked off in the process, and checked the time I synchronized with that of the school's. 6:32 A.M. I shut my eyes tightly and looked again. 6:32 A.M.

 

                This can't be happening.

 

               I scrambled out of bed without bothering  to get a towel and  shut myself in the bathroom. It took hardly minutes. As soon as I got out, I threw my uniform on then flopped on the floor to put on my black knee-high socks. Then, I stuck my comb on my hair and quickly went out of the room. 6:43 A.M. I swore to myself to never ever sleep at 4 A.M. again just to study. Or cram, for that matter.

 

                “Eomma! Why didn’t you wake me up?!” I yelled in panic as soon as I got to the kitchen. I stuck a piece of bread in my mouth whilst brushing my hair. My arms and legs can hardly stay put knowing that every second spent in my house translates to every second lost catching the bus to my school.

                “I thought you just wanted to skip classes today,” my mom casually answered. Seriously though, can you ever just find a mom who's okay with her daughter ditching classes? 

                “Today is exam day! I’m running late! Bye!” I said in a loud voice as I slung my bag on my shoulder. 

                “Wait!” My mom yelled after me before I got completely out of our front door. She handed me some money and a piece of paper and said, “Go to the grocery after school, okay?”

                That’s all?, was what I was thinking after I shoved them in my skirt pocket.  “Sure, no problem!”

 

                And then I ran out, feeling somewhat down for a completely childish reason. However, as I stood straight after securing my shoe laces, I heard her call for me and in a cheerful voice, she yelled "Hwaiting!"

               

                I smiled just as I turned around the corner, leaving her line of sight completely. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

                Luckily, since the school was barely 4 kilometers away from my place, I got to school exactly on time. When I reached the classroom however, it turned out that the homeroom teacher was already giving out test papers. I rushed to my seat and received my own paper. To my right, I saw a glimpse of my best friend, Seohyun, giving me a thumbs up. I smiled at her, took a deep breath and prepared myself for the mind battle. 

               

                The test came out not as hard as I thought it would be. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not really the smart type. I just know it when I’m not going to get a failing mark. Besides, I’ve studied really hard for this test so it would downright if I failed. I might just cry my heart out if it did, no kidding. After all, I really do like studying. I just think it's unfair that those who don’t really study get the highest marks while others like me, who take school seriously can’t even rank at the top 10. Then again, who ever said the world is fair?

              

                After I handed my answer sheet to the teacher, I slid my back on the chair and let myself burst out a sigh of relief. Finally, the suffering is over. Tomorrow is a weekend, and that definitely screams the start of better days. I already have plans in mind, and a large portion of it goes to getting my well-deserved sleep. 

               

                “Well, that was a bit harder than expected,” Seohyun said as she approached my table. I rolled my eyes at her, making sure the action was noticeable. She says that every time and still aces the exam. Talk about the top student in class, and the prettiest too. I really d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter