Chapter 44

(ED. C4) SEIJIRA ACADEMY 세이지라 아카데미
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He’s an addition. You won’t have a need for him.”

 

                My eyes were burning from the pain of watching Yoo Jin’s foot pound repeatedly on Luhan’s chest, making him spout blood everywhere. He was clutching the cloth around Yoo Jin’s thigh in the hope of slowing down his attacks but it did him no good. His left knee which remained upright for some sort of support kept on shaking as he gags. I can see how he’s struggling to even breathe and if I could only be in his position, my thoughts would scream of suffering and running away.

 

Not Luhan.

 

                Yoo Jin’s eyes remained deadly stoic as he watched the person underneath him take painful gasps. He did not stop. Every stomp came with more power, increasing in strength as it goes. Luhan tried to summon a sword and make it stick to Yoo Jin’s back, but it just bounced off him like he is invincible, a solid being though made of smoke. Doing so only earned Luhan a hard step on his arm and as he let out a scream that broke my heart even more, shattering it into a thousand, no, million pieces, more blood came out of his mouth, messing his angelic face, killing whatever will is left in him.

 

Not my Luhan.

 

                The pain in my back grows more unbearable but it does not compare to the pain of watching Luhan as I do my best to crawl. My whole body is beaten up and I could only see from one eye. I’m aware that right now, I look like a pitiful creature who can’t do anything but pull herself together by using what strength is left in her hands, to literally pull her legs which aren’t responsive in every way. It hurts. It hurts so much that I started to wonder if this is all true and I’m not dead yet. How could everything be this painful? The red glow around me grows stronger, a stark contrast from what I’m feeling. I’m broken in every way possible…my body, my spirit, my heart. My heart that aches for him at the moment…my continuing heart beats that caused all these. I want to reach him but even that thought is crushed as the watchful eyes of the dragon turned towards my limp body, making me stay in place or else suffer the unwanted consequences…

 

Not him.

 

                The boys were struggling to help him but they can’t get out. Sehun, out of them all, was the most agitated like he would cry himself to death if he would not be able to do anything. The scene was like a repetition of what it was like moments ago with Kris, who was still lying there, not moving at all, the greyish skin still visible like a constant reminder of what just happened. The only difference is this one is a slower death, as if the enemy is secretly laughing at our every reaction. Chanyeol was still crying and I could not blame him. I could feel the shattering inside me like it is a tangible thing, more tangible than any of the things in this place. Tao still can’t take his eyes off of Kris’s body. He was like that, like he’s seeing but he’s not. Everything else around him just became an insignificant blur. If you could summarize the feeling for everyone to understand, it would go in a round-about manner such as this:  you don’t know what’s going on and yet something in your consciousness says otherwise. These stupid dichotomies don’t make sense and yet they do. There are cries of misery and endless pain. That is the only thing we are sure exists.

 

                My heart pounds and it hurts. I feel like my whole being is getting stretched as the horrors of fire spread through my veins.

 

Please not him.

 

                The ringing in my head grows ever louder like there’s a bad reception in the area. I surrendered crawling just because I can feel the bones left inside me cracking but that didn’t stop me from looking at Luhan. He had his eyes shut tightly close by now as he let his upright knee slid to the ground, coughing all the while. Yoo Jin stopped pounding on him as he took the sword and waved it to his face like a flashy wall decoration. He surveyed it and after he’s done, he pointed the sharp tip at Luhan’s throat. I felt my insides screaming, fighting to get out…but I couldn’t find my voice. It’s like it was gone and all I could register in my head is the tip of the sword touching the skin on Luhan’s throat. He felt it too, because he shuddered. He opened his eyes for a while but did not look at it. Instead, he found me and we locked our eyes.

 

                I’ve been waiting...Lee Mi Yeon.

                                                                                Let me take over.

 

I can’t…I can’t…

 

                It seemed as if the second hand stopped as he looked at me. He looked like a mess and just by looking at him, it felt like I could feel his pain. He displayed no other expression than sincerity though. Sincerity to me…

 

                Everything around me turned a fiery red as I feel the hotness grow around me out of nowhere. Is this anger, is this pain? What exactly am I feeling right now?

 

                Let me take over, the words said. Let me take over.

 

                It kept repeating in my head like a chant but it doesn’t make sense.

 

                At that moment, Luhan blinked real slow, and when he opened his eyes again, something changed in them. It was as if I was the only one he was seeing but in a completely different light. Him doing that stirred more emotions inside me, most of them unknown. The burning feeling grew more intense and I’m struggling to keep him in my vision. It was as if something is crawling inside my body, fighting to get out. My head is spinning. I want to clutch my body but I seemed stuck in the moment…

 

                Luhan smiled at me then. He smiled like he’s not hurting at all. He opened his mouth slightly and mumbled some incoherent words I could not possibly hear nor decode. And then he closed his eyes as Yoo Jin raised the sword at a comfortable angle…preparing…waiting…

 

                Let me, Lee Mi Yeon.

 

                Something cracked in my back and I felt like knives drew themselves along it, making two long miserable lines. Luhan is going to get killed. Yoo Jin is going to kill him but I can’t do anything but suffer from my own pain.  I let out a stifled scream as I roll on my back, putting my arms protectively around my sides like it would somehow stop the feeling of a thousand pins prickling my body, burning me, killing me…

 

                Let me.

               

                More bones at my back cracked loudly as the dragon started to advance again. The pain is making me insane. I can’t focus on anything, not even on that voice that is talking in my head. Or is there really a voice?

               

                NOW!!!!!!!!!

 

                My back arched in an instant and a searing pain unlike anything I’ve ever felt before made my whole body shook. Something is pounding in my chest, fighting to leap out as I fisted my hands on either of my side, a tear escaping my left eye as I let out a guttural cry.

 

                Seijira, I groaned as my body lurched forward.

 

                Luhan’s face was gone and all around me there is only red.

 

                NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

                My body lurched in midair as if hooked by some invisible force. With my arched back, a loud splitting sound was heard amidst my loud cries; not only that, there’s also the familiar ripping of cloth as a large pair of wings, bird wings, came out of my back, directly connected with my spinal cord which currently hurts like hell. The wings, my wings, completely spread out as my body straightened to hold its weight, balanced more with my now outstretched arms. I spared a glance to my side and saw the color of my wings, fiery red turning gold down to its tips, exactly the same with Seijira. I was glowing, my eyesight was clearing and the pain from being thrown around hurts a little less. My wounds start to close but they did not really heal. It just stopped the blood from pouring out. I have no energy in me, but the one who speaks in my head seems to have a lot.

 

                My body was not moving by my own accord. It was like the thinking me has been pushed at the back as someone else takes the lead, taking control of my body. It feels as if I’m in a game, and the players have been switched, covering for the almost K.O.-ed one which right now, is no other than me. My body is being pushed to its limit and I don’t how long it will take before it gets all screwed up. Still, it floats in midair as if it belonged there, as if it’s been accustomed to doing that for years. The sensation is not different, but it was overwhelming. My mind is weak, but I still can see from the vision of my no-longer-singly-owned body.

 

                There was a big hole right below me which seemed to have been caused by my sudden transformation. It was as if meteorites smashed to the ground, emitting hot grey smoke from every small opening. The dragon was ready to pound in a single move but it seemed blinded by my glow. There were lesser spirits from before and lots of ashes concentrated in some parts. The thinking part of my brain says they have been diminished, dissolved back into thin air. My warriors are now engaging into a wild fight, freely using their duires as they please. Kris’s body lay untouched but Luhan’s was gone. I could not control my line of vision but my body seemed to hear out what I want. It scanned the wall at the far end and there, I found Luhan sitting with his back against it. It was clear that he was unconscious for he hung his head low. He is in pain but he is alive. Right before him was Kai engaging in a duel with more spirits. Yoo Jin’s spirit was gone but something tells me that he reunited with the dragon as my power grows.

 

                I am in a more comfortable state right now and I could feel less ache from before but the hotness is making my thinking all fuzzy.

 

                Suddenly, my body rose higher in high-speed, topping over the head of the dragon as if shaking me out of my unnecessary thoughts.

 

                I shall not have this body ruined, the voice spoke. Seijira’s.

 

                He was taking control of me.

 

                The time to die is not now, Lee Mi Yeon. Not in the hands of my servant, Han Yoo Jin, nor in the claws of Amnyunae.

                Your fate is completely dependent on me.

 

                The dragon started to move then and threw blue fire to my direction which I easily dodged using my wings. However, Seijira is not up for defending. He wants to attack and attack he did. From both of my hands, two long red magical tight rope were produced and lashed them on each side of the dragon’s middle. It took out most parts of its scale and started moving much much more furiously. It breathed fire again but I encircled around his head real fast. It seems that the dragon is not too smart for while I encircled it, it turned its head to follow me and accidentally burned a small part of its left wing. It would have been a good trick but I know that the dragon would start to be more careful now. I tried to look for a weak point and in return, noticed something more apparent in color at the spot in between i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter