Chapter 46

(ED. C4) SEIJIRA ACADEMY 세이지라 아카데미
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                 It was still raining hard when I woke up but Sehun kept on pacing back and forth like he’s agitated about something he wouldn’t tell me. Lightning and thunder continued to combine and hit the sky like Zeus is having a fit in his throne. I wanted to just stay put in a corner, but watching Sehun is making me uneasy. I stood up, just in time for him to spare me a look.

 

                “It’s not normal,” he said with a serious glint in his eyes.

 

                We stood there for a fraction of a minute, trying to read each other’s expression. Suddenly, he averted his gaze to look at the chaos outside.

 

                “What is?” I asked, walking closer to him. His coat was around me once again and that’s how I knew how stubborn he can get. I knew the situation outside was terrible, but somehow, I felt like that’s not what he’s trying to telling me. Looking at his side profile made me realize how his mind is being boggled so much by this phenomenon.

 

                “This storm,” he said as I continued to watch him. He let out his hand to touch the pouring rain as his eyebrows furrowed yet again. I looked away for a second to look outside. I have no idea what time it already is but the surroundings were completely bathed in dim light. The trees kept swaying back and forth like any moment now, they could fall down the slope. It was eerie, but I couldn’t really sense an unknown force nor an unwelcomed being. For Sehun, that’s not the case. Maybe it’s just me and my faltering powers…

 

                “It’s just a storm, Sehun,” I tried to comfort him because that’s the only thing I can do. However, his facial expression had no time to relax, for as soon as I uttered those words, lightning struck the sky once again, illuminating our faces. “It’ll get better.” I added. I wasn’t too convinced by my follow-up sentence.

 

                “It’s a storm,” he repeated to himself as he looked up at the sky. “But why is there…?” As if making his resolve, he suddenly broke his trail of thoughts and looked at me with firmness in his eyes. “Stay here. I’m going out.”

                “What? No!” I immediately protested.

                “Someone has to take a look,” he said, piercing me with his gaze. I knew he was right, but couldn’t he wait for the storm to at least lessen in strength? The wind out there is whirling like crazy. I can even see its motion by the way those tall trees are swaying. “I’ll be quick.”

                “But…”

                Sehun made a sound and smirk, “Are you really that worried about me?”

                I am, but I’m not going to say that to him. Instead, I frowned and touched my temples like I’m suddenly having a bad headache. “No, jerk. Go out and die. Go on.”

               

                Sehun did not say another word and really went out. I was about to shout after him but he was already running far away. The guy is really crazy. He was soaking wet in a minute. His figure was almost concealed to me by the darkness and I was getting really worried when suddenly, I felt a horrible shiver went down my spine. Without knowing why, my head suddenly snapped to look somewhere to my right and my feet was moving by its own accord. Something’s going to happen. Why didn’t I feel it before?

 

                Just as I thought that, a black blur went zooming past my sight from where I was staring before. I immediately looked at to where Sehun was, in time to watch him being tackled to the ground with such force he could have wounded his head real bad if he fell on rocky grounds.

 

                “SEHUN!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted and came running even faster. The ground was slippery but I couldn’t care less. When I told him to die, I was only joking.

 

                I wasn’t thinking much about my own well-being. All I wanted was to reach him in time. That’s why when I did, I wasn’t really much prepared for a battle.

 

                “I finally found you,” I was a bit taken aback by the familiarity of the voice. I tried hard to look at the guy who was crouching over Sehun, and realized it was the person Seo Ji Hye took for a slave. Chen. He had a wicked smirk on his face.

 

                I knew he was about to tackle me down too. It was evident in his stance. By instinct, I took a step back and prepared myself for the flight, but even anything could happen, even before he could jump, Sehun was right in front of me. I don’t know how he did that, but before I knew it, I was facing his back and he had his left arm, held to his side, shielding me from Chen.

 

                “You can’t touch her,” Sehun spitted out.

                Chen suddenly relaxed his stance to stand upright and let out a cruel laugh. “Oh really? Try to stop me then.”

                “I will, thunder boy,” Sehun said and eventhough I couldn’t see his face, I knew he was smirking too. “I’ve been waiting for the time to take my revenge on you anyway after you did your pretty little stunt on me that night.”

                “I couldn’t help but play on weak people,” Chen said just as another lightning pierced the dim sky.

                “You little wretch!” Sehun let out. I knew being called weak would madden him.

                “Sehun!”

 

                I tried to stop him to no avail. He already made a run towards Chen who was hitting peals of lightning right next to Sehun’s feet. They were moving too fast it’s hard to see where they're going with this battle. I heard a loud crash as they both went tumbling down the hill. I went running after them, careful not to fall down too. It was really hard to keep up with them but when I finally found them, Sehun was throwing consecutive blocks of ice that all stick to Chen’s body parts. He was trying to freeze him alive. However, Chen was crashing them all by his duire and even throwing fits at Sehun. They were a mere meter away from each other and they were constantly moving, shaking down trees and going even downhill. I tried to keep a distance, because they were so into the fight, I could mess it up badly for Sehun if I interfere. Finally, Sehun hit Chen right on the chest and it caused him to stumble. It was barely a second, but it was enough for Sehun to kick him at the side of his face and caused him to crash down. I thought it would end right there. I went out of my hiding place. Sehun caught my eye, but before anything else could happen, Chen, who was momentarily fazed, grabbed Sehun by the neck using his arm. Sehun immediately knew what was going on. He tried to turn around by grabbing Chen’s arm but Chen lifted his legs up to Sehun’s waist. The weight was too much for Sehun, I could see, for he lost his balance and they went falling down once again. He could have tried to hold on, but Chen pointed a finger on Sehun’s temple, smirked, and I saw a small streak of lightning went out of the tip. Sehun’s vision faltered, his whole body shook and they both went down.

 

                “SEHUNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I yelled frantically, eyes wide.

 

                I immediately run once again and followed them downhill. Chen hit a critical spot on Sehun’s body. I need to see him before anything worse than that happen. He could have already passed out.

 

                It was harder to see them this time. My eyes kept roaming and my ears kept wary of any sound. I went by instinct mostly, because it senses power more than my conscious self. Finally, I stopped right in front of Chen crouching over Sehun who wasn’t moving at all. Chen couldn’t probably see me yet because he had this triumphant look on his face as he produced a knife out of his jacket’s pocket. He held it right up over Sehun. My eyes grew wide and all sorts of reason went out of my mind.

 

                I tackled him to his side, away from Sehun. I knew I don’t stand a chance against him but it was worth a try.

 

                Chen was obviously taken by surprise, but when he saw the face of his attacker, he only let out a mirthless laugh. He stood slowly after me.

 

                “Why, the heir of Seijira, actually presented herself to me,” he let out in mock amusement.

 

                My expression then was definitely not tame. With no weapons, no considerable amount of power I could summon right now, I tried to punch him with my right fist but Chen only grabbed my wrist tightly in his. I tried to wriggle out but his grip is like made of steel. Instead, I worked my way with my leg and kicked him on the shin.

                It definitely hurt him because the look in his eyes changed. It was wicked serious. I tried to shake his grip out once again, much harder this time, but he wouldn’t let go of me. I knew I was making a sound like a frustrated damsel but I couldn’t help it. He was tightening his hold until finally, he spun me around by the wrist, twisting it, hurting me, until my back was touching his chest, and his arm put around me, right below my collarbone, securing me too him.

 

                Suddenly, I felt his lips close to my right ear, making me cringe away from him, but the more I did, the greater the pain as he let out a current passed through my body. “I kept treating you cute because you’re a girl, but you’re taking it too far,” he whispered madly.

 

                “Let me go!” I shouted.

               

                Suddenly, the knife he was holding before was pointed at my neck. “Why would I?” he asked. “I’m going to take the medallion and bring you to Lady Seo. She’ll reward me much greater than that freaking school could give me.”

 

                At this, another wave of current shocked my body, weakening me further as I try to keep my mind on the reality. It was really hard concentrating. I wonder how much more pain Sehun had experienced fighting him? I need to stay strong and think faster. I need to stay alive for the two of us.

 

                “Ji Hye is poisoning your mind!” I said out loud. “She only thinks of you as her slave. She won’t ever return the favor!”

                “Stop acting like you’re any better,” he whispered yet again, much louder this time and fiercer. “All of you are sick fools for believing you can save the world from eternal damnation.”

                “That’s because you think of it like that!” I argued. “There’s always a way. We’re gonna find a way. Come with me! Come with us!” I don’t know what I was saying really, but I felt like I needed to ask him at le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter