Chapter 4

(ED. C4) SEIJIRA ACADEMY 세이지라 아카데미
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              “Are you okay?” Joon Myeon asked, concern thick in his voice. “You look pale.”

 

               I wanted to yell, tell him that there was no way I could be okay after witnessing all that insanity, but I guess that’s something I would do only to non-hot guys and mind you,  Kim Joon Myeon definitely does not belong in that category.  

 

                So, I settled instead for the weak response,  “I’m okay.”

 

                “Right,” Joon Myeon said, unconvinced. He continued to check my face with quite the concentration. He probably thought he could derive hidden meanings in my words by doing so. “I’ve actually been assigned to show you around and you know, make you understand some things more.”

 

                “Ahhh…” At this state, anyone could tell  I'm completely lost for words. 

 

                “Come, let’s go inside the main building,” he invited, as gentle as ever.

 

                I meekly nodded, then sighed discretely. Am I really going to do this? Should I live in here? CAN I LIVE knowing all these?

I grabbed my luggage and was about to bring it in front of me when Joon Myeon suddenly said, “No, no! It’s okay if you leave them there by the guard house. They will bring those to your room while I show you around.” And because I don’t want to become overfriendly, I gave him another “okay”.

 

                Joon Myeon started walking  and I strutted after him. I looked at the students again who were apparently  having a class, and wondered still  what the hell they were playing at.  Thinking about it, Seijira Academy has been around for almost a hundred years. How in the world were they able to keep this a secret for so long? How can the government lie to the public just like that (I’d much rather think of it that way)? And if my dad really studied here, does that mean he has powers too?

 

                Is that the reason I’m here? Because I’m sure as anyone who has seen me fall down the stairs that I do not possess any such ability, unless of course, you count that as a special talent.

 

                I must have been extremely lost in my own trail of thoughts because I didn’t see when the ball started to aim for my face.

 

                “Wh--?!"

 

                 There was not enough time to react. As soon as I saw it, I was a hundred percent sure it would hit me solidly in the face. I immediately shut my eyes closed, braced for the big impact and waited…

 

                And waited…

 

                And waited…

 

               When I opened an eye to check, the ball was just hovering an inch away from my nose. 

 

                “Ooopsss…” a girl with a boy cut hair came running to me. “Sorry!” she said, then casually took the ball that was floating right in front of me. Without saying anything more, she raced back to the field as though what happened is not an occurrence worth fretting about. 

 

                “That’s Amber,” Joon Myeon informed me. “She makes things float.”

                “Sure,” I said, chuckling nervously. “I’ve noticed.”

               

                Joon Myeon took one good look at me and laughed. It was not offending, really. In fact, it was kind of cute.

 

                “What?” I asked, feeling my cheeks flushed.

                “Nothing,” he said, but then he saw me raise an eyebrow at him and continued, “I can tell you’re not used to all of these.”

                “You have no idea,” I let out. I couldn't contain my thoughts to myself any longer. “I feel like I’ve been thrown in the depths of the ocean and I’ve prepared myself to die and then suddenly, I find out that I can breathe. Like that, like your whole life is a lie.”

                “Well, I can’t say I understand how it feels but you’ll get over it after a while,” Joon Myeon assured me. “Everyone does.”

                “How long have you been here?” I asked in curiousity as we finally reached the staircase to the entrance.

                “I’ve been here since I was five,” he said matter-of-factly. “My parents are friends with the headmaster. I’ve known eversince that I will be put in this place. My parents are both duireans, by the way.”

                “Duireans?” (*this is pronounced as dweer-yans)

                “That’s what you call the wielders. Us,” he explained.

                 "Duireans..." I repeated, letting the word roll in my tongue. It sounded nice. "What's your power, by the way?"

                 Suho showed both his hands at me and then smiled. "I'm a healer."

                “Oh.”

 

                We have just reached the top of the staircase then,  faced by the two-door entrance to the mansion. Suho opened them without hesitation and I was again astounded. Right in front of me was a big hall, incredibly spacious but contained nothing but a few pots of plants placed on each of the four corners. Facing us at the far end of that great hall was another staircase which split in half at the top. Meanwhile, on either side of the hall were long corridors loitered on by some students. 

 

               “The main building is fairly easy to memorize,” Joon Myeon started to say. “On the first floor are the classrooms. There on the far left corner is the way to the cafeteria. That, right there (he pointed to the open place at the back of the first room of the left corridor), is the waiting area. Students here call it the “couchroom” since well, the room is basically full of couches.”

 

                Joon Myeon then proceeded to tell me how this place first came to be, how things usually are, which goverment offices are managing the school, and all other administerial matters while showing me around. As soon as we set foot on the second floor, he showed me the library which amused me in so many ways (I have always liked the tranquility in libraries). It was so big that it almost took all of the second floor. There’s even this section in the library with magical books, some were tied up because they fly, some books were whispering to each other and some were singing and flashing different colors every minute. I wanted to take a closer look but Joon Myeon quickly pulled me back, saying that no one is allowed in that section unless you get a teacher’s signed permit. 

 

                The second floor also houses a gallery of old pictures. Most depict the history of the school, but some also show the faces of known alumni and their respective awards and trophies. There’s also this big bath room which I first thought was the swimming pool area, except that it has all these varying tubes that give you the liberty to choose what kind of bath you’d like.

 

                Higher up, the third floor contains all the students’ private rooms. Joon Myeon didn’t show me my room  sayi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter