Chapter 17

(ED. C4) SEIJIRA ACADEMY 세이지라 아카데미
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                 The next morning, right when I woke up, all that happened between Ji Hye and I played in my mind. What is with her? Why does she have that aura? And what’s she saying about all the undetermined here being liars? I’m sure I'm not lying. I don’t even know if I’m really a Duirean. Up until now, I haven’t shown any trace of power in my hands. How could she accuse me of lying?

 

                Plus, there really are only three undetermined here in Seijira. Kai, her and I. So, now we’re down to two. Surely, Kai isn’t lying? He’s been undetermined for two years now. Why would he suffer being normal around all the people here when he does know his duire? And how could he keep it for that long?

               

                Plus, I don’t think Kai is bad. Surely, he ‘s not lying?

 

                I stood up from my bed and headed to my closet to get my uniform. I felt even groggier like I just want to skip classes today…Something is definitely wrong with me. Should I finally see a healer and talk about psychological problems? 

 

                “Mi Yeon?” I heard Krystal say.

 

                I turned around only to see her sitting up on her bunk. She was scratching her eyes lightly like she did pull a wild all-nighter. However, knowing her, I’d say she only lack about an hour of sleep. Krystal is used to sleeping for about 9 hours a day. I don’t know why but she says it would generate her skin cells faster. I’ve never heard of such a thing.

 

                “Good morning,” I greeted her.

                “Were you awake at around midnight?” She asked, curiously.

                “No,” I answered her, confused. I slept really early last night because I felt so tired and spent. “Wae?”

                “Nothing,” she said then lied down again on her bed noisily. “I thought I saw someone standing on the veranda.”

                “Really?” Weird.

                “Yeah,” she said sleepily. “But maybe I was just dreaming. It’s still early so I’m going back to bed.”

 

                With my thoughts mixed up than ever, I headed to the bathroom and took a quick bath. It was so cold that it only took me five minutes to shower. When I came out, I was standing on my toenails. I hurried to get dressed while continuously scrubbing both hands on opposite arms. It didn' t help that I can clearly hear my teeth clattering against each other. Soon, I was biting a piece of cloth to stop the sound. I wore my sweater on top of my uniform to ease the cold.

 

                When I headed to class after an hour, leaving Krystal with her creams and perfume, I saw that three people were already in the room. Of course, Kai was there. He always appears early nowadays. But then, Luhan was also there, scribbling something on his notebook and the last one is the least person I want to see, Seo Ji Hye.

 

                As soon as I entered, I felt her dark eyes watching my every move. I fixed a small smile on my face as she nodded at me in acknowledgement. As always, her face revealed nothing, like they were dire of emotions. Sudddenly, I found myself thinking that the irritation that flickered on her face yesterday might probably just a result of my imagination. I shrugged my shoulders at the thought.

 

                I headed to my seat and slung my bag on the side of my desk. Luhan did not even look up, nor greet me. It was surprising. Normally, he would greet me first, and smile his angelic smile. But now, he’s acting like he didn’t even notice me come up.

 

                “Hello,” I said in an attempt to lighten my ever-sinking mood.

 

                Luhan did not answer nor did he look up, but he nodded his head slightly and continued scribbling down notes.

 

                What’s the matter with him? Did I do something? How could the nicest person I know turn into this cold person? How could he be like this when I was waiting for him to return soon so I can finally rest my head from all the thinking and uncertainties? How…?

 

                I felt alone.

 

                Everything seemed incredulous and unreal. For a moment, I actually thought everything is starting to get well in this school, but now I feel like it’s the first day of class again. I think the only difference setting now apart from what was  is that I already have a glimpse of what to expect, even if it's only minimal. Additionally, I felt like I just started to know a lot of things and now everything and everyone is making me realize that knowing is not enough. There are secrets that no one is willing to let out. 

 

                I slumped on my chair in surrender. How could this be? I didn't deserve to be ignored this way. 

 

                “Good morning.” I heard Kai’s voice say.

 

                I turned my head and looked at him. Sure, he was looking back at me, but I checked around if there’s anyone else who’s near.

 

                “Are you talking to me?” I asked him, pointing a finger to myself like an idiot. Beside me, I noticed that the sound of Luhan’s pen scribbling stopped. I didn’t look at him though.

 

                Kai shrugged, “Well, I can’t be greeting my desk.”

 

                Wow. That made PERFECT sense.

 

                “Uhh…” I said unintelligently, not quite sure what to reply to his witty comment. “Good morning.”

 

                Kai only nodded at me and immediately looked out the window like nothing happened. In verbal translation, it was the end of our mini conversation.

 

                I wonder when he'll stop being weird. 

 

                Classes then droned on for hours. I found myself just doodlin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter