Chapter 28

(ED. C4) SEIJIRA ACADEMY 세이지라 아카데미
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                That night, I dreamed I was out in the fields and Seo Ji Hye was standing in front of me.

 

                “What do you have?” she said in that cold voice of hers that could make the whole world end in misery. “You cannot defeat me. You’re just a bug waiting to be stepped on.”

 

                And then she stepped even closer so that I could actually see blood on her teeth.

 

                “You’re nothing, Mi Yeon…”

 

                “DIE!”

 

                And then, I felt that familiar pull on my cheeks, like something sharp was sticking on my skin, cutting through it, letting my blood out…

 

                Before I knew it, I was already sitting on my bed, screaming my heart out and not seeing anything but darkness.

 

                Immediately, my door flew open and the lights were all lit up.

 

                “What’s happening?!!” Chanyeol shouted, panicked at the situation as he scanned the room for anything unusual. My heart was beating wildly on my chest and then I realized that the reason I couldn’t see anything earlier was because I was unconsciously covering my face with both of my hands. I must have looked wild and downright scared because Chanyeol went closer to my bed and checked me out.

 

                “Nightmare…” I told him simply because that’s the only thing I could manage to say. I knocked my chest with my fist constantly because I just couldn’t shake the terrible feeling that’s seeping inside me.

 

                Chanyeol looked a bit relieved that nothing actually happened but he still looked worried. I couldn’t imagine what he’s seeing but I bet my life out that I looked really horrible and shaken up.

 

                “I thought you were a goner…” he said, still checking out my face. “Are you okay?”

 

                “Yeah…” I said. “I’m fine…just fine…” but I know too well that my eyes were still wide in shock. There’s just this feeling that Seo Ji Hye’s eyes were still boring on me. Could this be a leftover of her effect when she paralized me that last night? 

 

                When I calmed down a bit, taking in air in just the right amount, I looked at Chanyeol and asked him the first thing I thought of, “Where’s Luhan?”

 

                “Luhan’s been guarding you for several nights in a row,” he said. “We have been instructed, the eight I mean, to take the duty in turns so it wouldn’t bear too hard for just a single person.”

 

                I know he was just stating it for a fact, but I suddenly felt guilty and weird that Luhan would not be the one outside my door every single night. But then again, it was a relief that it’s not him this time, seeing how I screamed my lungs out…

 

                “I’m sorry…” I told him in the sincerest tone I could muster after the freaking out I just did. “You know, that you guys have to do this for me…”

 

                “Oh no! Don’t say that!” Chanyeol exclaimed, quite shocked that I even brought something as random as that. “I really feel that it’s an honor to be doing this. I mean, it’s like I’ve been picked as a cabinet member to the president. It’s that cool.”

 

                “It is?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

 

                “Really,” he said firmly, smiling at me. “It’s no burden.”

 

                “Still…” I said. “Please do tell me if I’m making things unnecessarily hard for you guys.”

                “You know for someone who’s like at the top of the pyramid,” he said, voicing out his thoughts. “You’re awfully kind.”

                “And you’re awfully mistaken, I guess,” I told him.

 

                Chanyeol only laughed my comment away. God, this kid is really happy. It just seems that you couldn’t burst out his own bubble. I wish I could be someone like him, someone optimistic and someone who could give energy to other people.

 

                “You should take a rest now…” Chanyeol said. “And by the way, the headmaster told me to inform you that from now on, the heir and the eight will be sharing the same table in the cafeteria so that we can get to know each other well.”

 

                “Oh,” I said, furrowing my eyebrows. To be honest, I wasn’t too happy about the idea. I’m not really good at socializing with people I don’t really know. Tomorrow’s going to be one hell of challenge for me. 

 

                Chanyeol must have seen the look on my face because he tried to encourage me, “You’ll do great. Don’t worry.”

                “That just made me worry even more, ” I admitted, playfully frowning at him. Chanyeol chuckled.

 

                “Goodnight.”

                “Goodnight,” I said back.

               

                I laid back down on the bed, thinking only of good things so that the nightmare wouldn’t continue. Soon, the lights were turned off and Chanyeol closed the door shut. 

 

------------------------------------------

 

                When I opened the door in the morning, Luhan was the one standing there. I wanted to ask why and where Chanyeol is, but I don’t feel like speaking, primarily because it’s just awkward. He did not greet too anyway, but instead, just bowed his head. I nodded mine slightly, just to let him know that I recognize his presence.

 

                When we reached the classroom, everything automatically became silent. I guess, from now on, that would be normal for me. But then, the class representative stood up, and did that ordering when teachers enter. Soon, everyone was bowing at me and I felt like disappearing from where I stood. If Luhan hadn’t tapped me in the back, I would still be standing there like an idiot. For the first time in history, I secretly wished to have Baekhyun’s teleportation duire.

 

                Kai was also there in the room. He’s also standing like the others but I’ve noticed that he didn’t bow as low as them. He just seemed to gawk his head. Then, he surveyed my face unlike those people who can’t even look me in the eye like I suddenly became Medusa who can petrify them with just one look.  

 

                “Hey,” I greeted him.

                “Hey,” Kai replied. “Thanks for spilling the beans, by the way.”

               

                To my side, I felt Luhan sat quickly on his space, and scribbled notes at once. I don’t know what the heck he needed to write early this morning when the class hasn’t even started yet, but as usual, I did not ask.

 

                “My pleasure,” I answered Kai, letting out a small sarcastic smile.

                “You must have been too confident that because we’re classmates, I’m giving you my allegiance,” Kai said, taking his own seat. “Maybe you have to rethink things before acting.”

                That made my eyes popped in disbelief. “You ARE joking, right?”

                “No,” he simply said as he started drumming his right hand fingers on the desk, making a small whirlpool of wind dance in that small space.

 

                Watching it, I suddenly realized that the room is still awfully silent. I looked around only to see that at least half of them are watching me and Kai’s duire. Noticing it too, Kai suddenly stopped what he’s doing and the others quickly averted their gaze as if they have been caught doing something illegal. Luhan suddenly looked at me too and then at Kai, but he didn’t say anything.

 

                 I guess he’s not planning on helping me with Kai.

 

                Kai looked back at Luhan but he didn’t say anything too. After a while, he averted his gaze to me.

 

                Seijira help me, these guys are making me crazy.

 

                “Lunch, then,” I sighed and turned around so my whole frame is facing my desk again. 

 

                The class turned out to be the usual drone. I’m glad the teachers are not acting like how my classmates are, giving me extra attention and all, but I just hope they would not expect me to be more than I am, especially in terms of mental capacity. My history teacher in particular, he kept on calling my name when I’m not even raising my hand as if I should know every contribution a duirean made in the structuring of the Great Wall of China. Really, if my math teacher does this to me, I would end up a laughing stock instead of a great great great supposed-to-be savior who should be roaming around the world now to get what Seijira lost.  Seriously though, what is taking the faculty so long in giving out a verdict? I’m sure Ji Hye’s camp is doing something now or I wouldn’t have dreamed of her…

             

              In any case,  I should stop worrying for now about those big things. I still have a barricade to climb during today’s—

 

                KRIIINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

 

                Lunch.

               

                Everyone started standing up at once, some were even yawning. All were chatting happily now that lunch has finally come. Good for them, they don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter