Chapter 52: Bacon

chocolate CHIP COOKie

 

“Cheer up, Fany-ah,” said Yuri. Her class with Tiffany, Public Speaking 2, just ended and the shorter girl was sulking.

Their professor let them do a mock debate and her team was against Krystal’s.

“She made good points. You have to give her that.”

Tiffany huffed. “I cannot believe you. If you were to judge that mock debate, would you have picked their team?”

Yuri nodded and said, “The affirmative team, your team, immediately lost it when the negative team debunked your definition of the topic. Now, as the third affirmative you could have turned it around but instead you chose to insult Krystal. In a debate, you don’t criticize the person. You criticize what they’re saying. Saying her new hairstyle doesn’t suit her out of the blue makes you lose points.”

Tiffany huffed again and walked faster.

“Fany, I’m not going to say sorry for being rational.”

Tiffany didn’t turn back but she didn’t have to see her face to know that she huffed for the third time.

“Yah, big bad wolf, come back here.”

Tiffany continued walking even though she wanted to disagree on the nickname that Yuri just gave her so bad.

“I’m not gonna chase you.” Yuri cursed inwardly and started chasing after her. I’m slowly becoming like my brother.

“Fany-ah,” she called but got ignored. She jogged a bit to catch up on the fuming girl. “Come on, Fany. Don’t expect to be on your side all the time. I was just being unbiased and your exact question was and I quote, ‘If I were to judge that mock debate, would you have picked their team’, that’s what you asked so I thought you were asking me to be rational. I simply chose her team because they were obviously more logical than your team.”

Tiffany chose to ignore and continued walking as if Yuri wasn’t there.

The taller girl sighed and then it hit her.

“This isn’t about that mock debate, is it? You’re blowing up like that because in your head, I’m choosing Krystal over you.”

No response.

Yuri smirked. “That’s it, isn’t it? You’re jealous. You’re mad at Krystal not because she acts mean towards you. You’re mad at her because you think she likes me.”

“Pssh. You’re wrong.”

“Am I?”

“Yes! I’m mad at her because I think you like her. You’re always in favour of whatever she does. You think she’s this sweet girl but she’s not!”

“Okay. One, I don’t like her like that. I think of her as a little sister—“

“Ha! !”

“Two, I’ve already told you who I’m in love with. My feelings don’t change overnight. Three, if you only asked me the right question then we wouldn’t even be arguing about this. Now, ask me who I would choose between you and Krystal. Go ahead.”

Tiffany kept mum and just stared back at her with a frown.

“Let’s pretend you asked me then.” She paused and cleared .

“Yul, who would you choose between me, the oh-so-pretty Tiffany, and Krystal?” Yuri tried imitating Tiffany’s voice.

“That’s supposed to be me?”

Yuri nodded and proceeded answering her own question. “That’s a very good question, Fany. You should’ve asked me that instead of asking me whose team I’d pick if I were to judge the mock debate that happened earlier. I believe I’ve already told you what I feel about you so I think it’s pretty obvious who I’m going to choose. Would it make sense if I choose Krystal despite the fact that nowadays, all I seem to think about is you?”

She took a deep breath and continued. “I don’t even know what you feel about me. You said you’re not sure yet if you’re really in love with me but here I am, putting myself out there even though I know I could get hurt in the end. I’m risking my pride that I didn’t even know I cared about ‘til I found out that I was falling for you. I’m also risking my friendship with Soo. Why am I taking all these risks?”

She took another step closer to the other girl. Their faces a couple of inches away from each other. “Because…because just like what L’Oreal tell every woman in the world…you’re worth it, Fany-ah.”

Tiffany’s eye twitched and she felt someone pulling her away from Yuri. She looked to her right and saw her step sister. “Jess?”

“Yuri, I’ll borrow Tiffany for a while. You two don’t seem like you were talking about something important anyways.” She waved goodbye to Yuri and stopped dragging her sister. “Why were you guys talking about a cosmetic brand?”

“What? We’re not.”

“Whatever. I’ve been meaning to talk to you but you’re always MIA these days.”

The two of them headed straight to Jessica’s bedroom and locked the door. “Let’s do this quickly before Taeyeon gets home.”

“What’s it about?”

“A few days ago, Taeyeon and I talked about us…doing ‘it’ and—“

“OH MY GOD!” shouted Tiffany, failing to hide her excitement. “OH MY GOD, JESSIE! YOU GUYS ARE PLANNING TO HAVE SE—“

Jessica quickly covered . “Couldn’t you be quiet about this? Are you planning to broadcast it for everyone in this house to know? Sheesh!”

Tiffany tried to break free from her sister’s hold. “Let go!” She sighed when she was finally freed from her sister’s death grip. “Well, forgive me for being ecstatic to know that my sister is not some sort of alien life form that was sent to Earth to study how humans do their math. Even your dad thought you were aual. This might sound mean but we all thought you were going to die alone someday. So you shouldn’t really blame me for being this excited about the prospect of you and Taeyeon having . My sister is thinking of having with her girlfriend and she’s talking to me about it. I’ve dreamt about this for so long, Jessie.”

“You know what, get out. I changed my mind.”

Tiffany pouted. “Oh, come on. Fine, I’m sorry. I’ll tone it down a little bit.”

Jessica could only sigh and cover her face with a pillow. “I’m going to regret talking to you about this.”

Tiffany grinned and shook her head, taking the pillow away from her sister. “No, you’re not. So what did you guys talked about? Have you planned on when and where you’d do it? Or are you guys going to wait for a decade before doing it? Taengoo brought it up, didn’t she? I can’t imagine you bringing that topic up. It makes me want to laugh my off just thinking about you bringing up a topic that involved that.”

“Do you want me to talk about it or would you rather tease me all night about this?”

“It’s hard to choose but I guess I could tease you some other time. Now, talk.”

The blonde told her who brought it up and how it was awkward for both of them to discuss it. She also told her sister about being curious about the matter which made the latter spaz even more.

She didn’t state that tiny detail about Taeyeon not knowing what term to use to spare her from future taunting. She, however, told her sister about Taeyeon getting cold feet when she tried doing it with her former girlfriend.

“That ert was all talk and here I was thinking she’d know what to do with you.”

“Wait, what?”

“I had this impression that she’s already experienced doing it and that when that time comes, she’d be the one comforting you if ever you start to freak out but as it turns out, you might be the one doing that.”

Jessica pursed her lips and sighed. “So do you think I should do it with her? I swear the amount of times I think about it in a day is no joke.”

Her sister snickered, “You actually think about it?”

The blonde nodded and added, “I just don’t tell Taeng.”

Her sister laughed even more. “Of course, you don’t. Jess, you sound like you’re so ually frustrated. Just thought I’d let you know.”

Jessica shot her a glare but that didn’t stop her laughing fit.

“You are definitely not aual. I can’t wait to tell that to your dad.”

“YAH! Don’t you dare, Tiffany Hwang.”

“Why? Are you afraid your dad’s going to beat her to a pulp? I doubt that. He seems to like Taeyeon for you. Even my mom likes Taeyeon for you so what’s the problem with them knowing that?”

Jessica could only stare at her sister for a while before speaking again. “Are you insane? That would be the mother of all awkward moments. Would you want them to know what you do with the people you date?”

“That’s a valid point.”

Jessica remembered another thing that she wanted to talk to her sister about. “So…have you told Yuri what’s been bothering you for months now?”

“Not yet,” she lied. “I just didn’t want to make a rash decision and hurt someone again.” Partially true.

The blonde haired girl bobbed her head. “Get out. I want to sleep.”

“Why do you have to state it so rudely?”

“Get out please.”

She got off her sister bed and headed towards the door but she wouldn’t leave without teasing her again. “Don’t think about it too much, Jess.” She winked before hastily slipping out of the room.


---


“Bacon!” Sooyoung exclaimed. She ran towards the kitchen and saw Taeyeon frying bacon strips.

The other girls started gathering in the dining area and setting up the plates while Sooyoung, Jessica and Yoona gathered around Taeyeon.

“I want mine to be extra crispy, Taeng. Thank you,” said Sooyoung sweetly. The shorter girl scowled at her.

“Same here, Taengoo.” Taeyeon could only nod for it was her princess Jessica that requested it.

Yoona sat on one of the bar stools while mumbling, “Bacon. I’m hungry. Cook it quickly, unnie.”

“Taengoo, who are you making that BLT for?”

“Fany.”

“I want one, too.”

“Me, too, unnie.”

“I’m fine with those crispy bacon strips, Taeng.”

“Aish!”

After making those extra BLT sandwiches, the four of them joined the other girls in the table and enjoyed the scrumptious meal. Taeyeon kept glancing at Yoona who seemed to have forgotten everything around her.

“Yoona-yah, the bacon tastes nice, doesn’t it?”

The younger girl grinned and nodded.

“Don’t you just miss bacon, Yoong?”

“I certainly…” Yoona stopped chewing and quickly stood up. “Oh god, he’s going to kill me.”

“Who?” Seohyun asked.

“My cousin.” She checked what time it is and dropped her sandwich on the plate. “He arrived an hour ago.”

“Baekhyun’s here?” Seohyun asked and Yoona answered with a nod.

She frowned and stared at Taeyeon. “Taeyeon-unnie, why didn’t you tell me right away?”

“Hey, I thought you’d be reminded right away. Why’d you think I cooked bacon for breakfast?”

Yoona has told her about her cousin that was visiting from the states and who was thinking about enrolling at IU once he finish high school.

Taeyeon stood up and volunteered to drive her to the airport. When they got there, they saw Yoona’s cousin sitting on his suitcase, resting his chin on his palm.

“Bacon!” called Yoona, waving at her cousin.

He stood up and pouted. “Noona, what took you so long?”

“I’m sorry, big baby, I forgot.” She pulled Taeyeon closer and introduced her. “This is Taeyeon-unnie. She’s my roommate. I have seven other roommates that I have to introduce to you later.”

The two greeted each other before getting in the car and going back to the campus.


---


“We should totally show him around Seoul,” Hyoyeon suggested.

Everyone agreed except for Sooyoung.

“I have a lot of stuff to do.” But in reality she just didn’t want to be around Tiffany and Yuri.

“Aww man, I didn’t know my best friend was such a kill joy.”

“Come on, Soo. It’ll be fun,” Yuri said.

Sooyoung stared at her a little too long and it made her feel uncomfortable. “No, thanks.” She grabbed a plateful of bacon strips and left.

“Maybe she’s just really busy,” said Tiffany.

“Or she just doesn’t want to be with you because you broke her heart,” Jessica stated bluntly.

“I appreciate your candidness, dear sister. Now, why don’t you be like that to Taeyeon and tell her that you already want to have steamy s—“

She wasn’t able to finish her sentence because the blonde girl shoved a huge piece of bread in .

“Let’s show him the best restaurants in Seoul. Food trip!” Jessica exclaimed and everyone agreed.

“Too bad Sooyoung-unnie won’t come.”

“More food for me and Yoong.”


---


When Yoona and Taeyeon arrived with Baekhyun, the house was filled with ‘Aww, he’s adorable’ and ‘Can we keep him?’

The girls didn’t let him rest and quickly showed him around the campus. Their next stop was the Insa-dong shopping street. He insisted on spending his first day in Seoul on shopping for souvenirs.

They headed to Sindang-dong after Jessica suggested eating Tteokbokki for lunch.

While waiting for their food to come, they decided to know more about Yoona’s adorable cousin.

“So what are you planning to major in?”

He grinned and answered, “Music. Like Seohyun-noona.”

Yoona put an arm around his cousin and said, “Bacon, here, is Hyunnie’s fanboy. He likes hanging out with Hyunnie more than me.”

“So…Byun is really your last name?” Taeyeon asked, tilting her head to the side.

“Are you jealous, ByunTaeyeon?” teased Jessica.

Taeyeon wasn’t able to answer since everyone’s attention was already directed towards the plate of rice cake in red-pepper sauce.

When they were done, they decided to bring Baekhyun to the COEX Aquarium located inside the COEX Mall.

After Baekhyun finished camwhoring along with her new-found noonas, they all decided to look for a place that they could eat dinner at.

Being in Seoul, they had a plethora of choices on where to eat: Myeongdong, Itaewon, Sinchon, Apgujeong, etc. But since they were already in Gangnam, they chose to look for a restaurant that’s not that far from the mall.

Yuri remembered Sooyoung so she suggested eating at a Japanese restaurant. She didn’t fail to order food that they’d bring home for Sooyoung. When they got back, she went knocking on the tall girl’s room hoping she hasn’t eaten yet.

The door opened revealing Sooyoung with an unreadable expression on her face.

“We brought home California rolls for you. It’s assorted and it tastes really good. You like these things, don’t you?” she asked with a grin.

She was answered back with a stare that was similar to the one Sooyoung shot her this morning. “No, thanks. I’ve already eaten.”


With that, the door was slammed and she was left with a plastic full of sushi.

“I guess I’m going to have to give this to Yoong and Sica then.” She walked away not knowing what the stare meant.