Chapter 22: It's Gonna Be Love

chocolate CHIP COOKie

 

“Sunny-ah!” Hyoyeon entered her room and found no trace of Sunny. “Sunny, you in there?” she asked as she looked at the bathroom door to see if it was closed. She noticed it was slightly opened and so she peeked to see if Sunny was inside. She wasn’t.

“Where the heck is she?” Hyoyeon muttered. These past few days Sunny has been going out and she was being too secretive. Hyoyeon was feeling a little bit sad since Sunny wasn’t hanging around with her that much anymore to wreak havoc. These days, she’s the only one bugging Taeyeon.

She walked around their room and stared at Sunny’s bed. I wonder what she’s been up to. She opened Sunny’s closet and tried to figure what her roommate’s been up to. When she saw nothing in there, she went to the shorter girl’s bed and sat there. She saw something sticking out underneath Sunny’s stacked pillows. She retrieved it and it was a notebook Hyoyeon’s very much familiar with.

Sunny wasn’t really attentive in class especially when the subject and the professor is boring. Hyoyeon found that out on the first of school when Sunny tried to find out what her biggest secret is. When Sunny tried to do that again on their second day, she completely ignored Sunny and even went to the extent of seating far from her. The next day, she noticed Sunny doodling on that notebook. 

She opened it and skimmed through the pages of the notebook. She saw different sketches ranging from the view outside the window to their professors’ faces. As expected from a Fine Arts major, Sunny’s drawings were amazing. She even made caricatures of some of their classmates. Some of the pages were still blank so she decided to close it and return it to where she found it but stopped. She looked at the last page and saw something she never thought she’d see…EVER!


---


Tiffany’s last class was finally dismissed and when she got out of the room, she wasn’t surprise to see Sooyoung leaning on the wall waiting for her. 

“So you’d really do this on a daily basis, huh?” 

It’s been a week since her date with Sooyoung and her agreeing on giving the tall girl a chance. One week of Sooyoung trying to win the eye smile queen’s heart and she has been very earnest in doing so. She’s also slowly getting rid of her smoking habit. Instead of smoking, she pops any candy in or on a Chupa Chups lollipop. They even went to a candy store to buy the candies together. This is better than chewing on your nails. You just have to brush your teeth and go to the dentist regularly to make sure you won’t get cavities, she remembered Tiffany’s words while they were on their way home. She even answered, “Yes, mom.” It earned her a hit on the side of her head.

“Yes. I told you I’ll wait for you after your class, right? Except for Thursdays because I have a class,” she smiled proudly. Tiffany was the one who told her to not wait for her during Thursdays. She didn’t want Sooyoung to skip classes just because of her.

“I wasn’t expecting you’d really do it. I thought you were bluffing.”

“Let me carry that for you,” she said as she took Tiffany’s backpack. “Now you know I wasn’t bluffing.”

“Thanks. Yeah but I seriously thought you were.”

Sooyoung smiled and said, “Well, I wasn’t and please don’t think I’m only doing this because I want you to be my girlfriend. I really am nice…and charming.”

Tiffany chuckled, “Yuri’s right, you really are arrogant.”

“You guys talk about me?”

“Not really. She was just telling me that I was as conceited as you are and maybe we could negate each other.”

Sooyoung nodded, “Sometimes we talk about you. Well, I do all the talking. Sometimes she would listen but there are times when she would simply shoo me away.”

“That’s Yuri. Moody Yuri.” Tiffany stopped walking and rubbed her right knee. She tripped and fell during their PE class. “Stupid hot, tall and handsome PE teacher.”

Sooyoung looked at her and asked, “Why?”

“He made us run and I tripped and—“

“You tripped? Were you hurt?” Tiffany told her about the bruise on her knee as they sat on a bench.

“Does it hurt when you walk?”

“Kind of but I could still walk,” she stood up and started walking. 

“Do you want to see me doing magic?”

Tiffany looked at her weirdly. “Like David Blaine?”

“No. Like Harry Potter,” she smiled smugly.

“You’re a Potter fan?”

Sooyoung nodded, “Yes. Do you want me to show you some magic?”

“Amuse me,” Tiffany said and chuckled when she remembered something, “You don’t have a wand though.”

“I’m awesome so I don’t need one.” She cracked her knuckles and cleared . “Wingardium Leviosa.” She then lifted Tiffany up bridal style. “See, magic. I made you levitate.”

They stared at each other for a few seconds before they both chuckled at how silly they looked like. “Put me down, Soo. You can’t possibly carry me all the way home. You’ll die of exhaustion.”

“You’re underestimating me too much, Fany-ah. Besides, you’re not heavy.”

“Yes but people are staring,” she said and covered her face with one hand while her arm was naturally placed around Sooyoung’s shoulder.

Sooyoung didn’t answer back and continued walking. She wouldn’t want to waste her energy by talking. They weren’t even halfway there and Sooyoung was already having a hard time breathing.

“Fany-ah, how about I give you a piggy back ride instead?” she asked thinking it was easier.

“How about I just walk? You’re obviously tired.”

“I am not.” She put Tiffany down and knelt. “Get on my back so we could go home and we could both rest.”

Not wanting to argue with the stubborn Sooyoung anymore, she got on her back and held on tightly. As soon as they got home, Sooyoung put Tiffany down on the couch and she sat down beside her. 

“I’ll get you a glass of water,” Tiffany stood up and went to the kitchen.

Hyoyeon, who just entered the living room, sat beside her. “What’s wrong with you?”

“I think…my heart’s going…to explode,” she said with much difficulty.

“Why? Is there any progress with you and Fany?” her best friend asked.

“Hi, Hyo, you’re best friend carried me all the way here.”

“Really? That’s a big deal! When I got injured when we were in high school, she didn’t even care about me.”

“Soo, that’s not so nice,” Tiffany reprimanded her. 

She defended herself by saying, “You’re a genius, Hyo! I was also injured! How could I carry you? why are you even here? Where’s your best friend?” 

Hyoyeon flicked her forehead and said, “I just flicked her forehead. Are you out of your mind?”

Sooyoung rubbed the spot to get rid of the pain inflicted by Hyoyeon.

“I think she means your other best friend, Sunny. Sooyoung’s quite the jealous type, huh?” said Tiffany in an amused tone.

She was again reminded of what she saw in Sunny’s notebook, “Speaking of Sunny, have you seen her?”

“See that, Fany-ah? It’s always Sunny this, Sunny that,” Sooyoung whined. 

“Shut up, Soo. You’re always with Fany but you never hear me complaining, right? I have to find the midget. See you later.” She stood up and made her way to the front door.


---


“She carried me all the way home. Isn’t she just the sweetest thing and she was serious about waiting for me every day so I lost our bet and—“

“Tiffany, could you just shut up, please. I’ve had enough of hearing all those things from Sooyoung,” Yuri said while reading her notes.

“Why the sudden hostility? I was just saying Soo’s really nice to do that—“

“Seriously, Fany, why can’t you just shut up? Just for tonight!” Yuri couldn’t help but to raise her voice.

“Did you just shout at me? WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!?”

From there, a heated conversation escalated between the two yet again.

They don’t even understand what the other person is saying. They just kept on shouting and saying insults.

“I hope you burn your finger! I hope you…you somehow manage to decapitate yourself!”

“That’s stupid and only stupid people like you would be capable of doing such thing! I hope Soo knows that she’s in for a treat and someday I hope she’d realize that you are a terrible person! If I were your girlfriend, I’d bring you to N Seoul Tower, strap you to a huge padlock and then leave you there to rot! Or better yet I’d just push you off of the tower! It’s faster that way!”

Tiffany was fuming I anger that she couldn’t even think of a better comeback. That and was hurting because of all the shouting. “Get out right now! I don’t want to see your face! I don’t even want to breathe the same air you’re breathing so get out!” she said calmly but you can tell in her voice that she meant every word.

“Why should I leave? You get out! This is my room, too!”

You could probably see steam coming out of Tiffany’s ears by now. “You’re a jerk.” She grabbed something from the bedside table and threw it to Yuri. She aimed at Yuri’s forehead but the object made contact with her roommate’s lips. “And you look like a dude!”

Yuri lunged forward with the intention of strangling Tiffany but she couldn’t, the pain inflicted by the pink thing that landed on her lips was unbearable. It’s almost as painful as getting your nose bridge hit.

She went to the bathroom to clean herself up. When she got out, she saw Sooyoung rolling on Tiffany’s bed.

“What are you doing here and why are you rolling on that evil witch’s bed?”

“Because it smells like her and we switched rooms. I’m guessing she did that? What did you two fight about now?” she said and pointed her finger to Yuri’s busted lip.

“She was spazzing about you and I really won’t mind if she did that any other day but not today. I’m tired and hearing her talking non-stop made me snap and I have to study for a test tomorrow.”

Sooyoung shook her head, “If I don’t want her as my girlfriend I’d probably be rooting for you two to be a couple. You’re both stubborn and you both have this sort of, I don’t know, phobia on losing an argument. I don’t even know if there is such thing but seriously when you bicker, you guys look like a married couple.”

“Please, I will never be like you, Soo. I won’t fall head over heels for her.”

She smiled and said, “Somehow that statement of yours lifted a load off my shoulders. I don’t think I’d have a chance against you, Yul.

“The cocky Sooyoung feeling inferior because of me? That’s an honor, Soo.”

Sooyoung spent the next half an hour convincing Yuri to apologize to Tiffany. She probably would’ve never done that if Tiffany didn’t switch rooms with her. She has no problem sharing rooms with Tiffany and when the apple of her eye came knocking on their door, she thought her wildest dream has come true. Wrong. Instead of switching rooms with Seohyun, her roommate, Tiffany asked her if she could sleep in her room for the night.

Maybe Sooyoung was a miracle worker or maybe she was just born with a God-given talent of convincing people. Either way, Yuri agreed on apologizing to Tiffany. 


---

Hyoyeon was waiting for Sunny in their room. Sunny was still out and she didn’t even eat dinner with them. 

Hyoyeon immediately bolted up from her bed when she heard Sunny’s voice.

“Taengoo, you shouldn’t be thinking about that. Your question should be ‘what if she finds out that it’s her’? What would you say to her?”

They both entered the room and they saw Hyoyeon staring at them. “Hi, Hyo.”

“Where have you been?” Hyoyeon’s attention shifted towards the box of chocolate Sunny was carrying. “Awww, Sunny, you shouldn’t have.” She attempted to get hold of the sweets but failed when Sunny tighten her grip on it.

“What are you talking about? Are you going crazy? Let’s not talk about you losing your sanity. Taengoo’s love life is in jeopardy.”

They all sat down and Taeyeon started talking. “I have no idea how I would act if she figures out that it’s her I’m talking about. Even if she doesn’t, she will most likely do anything in her power for me to tell her who it is. I think our bet was stupid. I shouldn’t have—“

“I think that’s the push you needed, Tae,” Hyoyeon said and looked at Sunny. “Sometimes people need to get pushed to say what they want to say. Is there anything you want to say me to, Sunny-ah?”

Sunny didn’t answer her question. “I think Hyo’s right. It’s time to let her know that you like her.”

Hyoyeon nodded, “It’s time to tell her that you like her. You like her to the extent that you went through all those trouble just to be with her in the same. Well, not really since you’re related to the dean but still! Tell her that you love her. Wait. Do you love her already?”

“I don’t know. I guess I do.” 

“Well, I don’t think we could help you on figuring that one out. Now, go to your room and ponder about the things we’ve said. Sunny and I have things to talk about.”


---


Taeyeon entered her room and was greeted by a panting and flushed Jessica. “Are you okay?”

Jessica nodded. “I’m fine. I’m just tired. I went jogging with the maknaes. Those two are monsters. I don’t know why I agreed on jogging with them. I don’t even know why they wanted to jog at this time of the night,” she said.

“So…you have any idea yet who the person I like is?” Taeyeon asked reluctantly.

“I have a few guesses.”