Chapter 19: YoonHyun FTW!

chocolate CHIP COOKie

 

“Do you want to go out with me on a date?” Sooyoung just blurted out.

I am in deep trouble. What will I freaking say?! Tiffany was freaking out. Yes, she knew that Sooyoung likes her and she knew that one of these days Sooyoung would ask her that but this was totally unexpected. She just got home. She almost witnessed someone eating an octopus. A live octopus. And that someone was none other than her weird roommate, Yuri.

“Sooyoung, I—“

Sooyoung help up her index finger, “Just one date.” 

How can I say no to that face? Her hopeful eyes and…No. Fany, no! You can’t lead her into thinking that you like her that way.

“Okay,” she answered. Holy crap! Why did I say that?

“Alright,” Sooyoung smiled. “On Wednesday, we’re all free on Wednesdays, right? Or do you have something planned on that day?”

Tiffany could only shake her head to answer Sooyoung’s question. She still can’t believe she agreed on going out with the girl.


---


“She asked her out and Tiffany accepted it!” Sunny squealed upon entering YoonSicaTae’s room. She was eavesdropping on Sooyoung and Tiffany’s conversation.

“That’s my best friend! So when will you do the same thing, Taeyeon? When will you ask her out?” asked Hyoyeon.

Taeyeon turned pale due to the fact that Hyoyeon was asking her about this while Jessica was in the same room. Yuri, Sooyoung and Tiffany were the only ones that were not present in their room.

Jessica looked at Taeyeon and Hyoyeon back and forth. “Who will Taengoo ask out?”

“Someone who’s insanely beautiful but unbelievably dense,” Sunny answered. 

Taeyeon couldn’t move. She wanted to make them unconscious but she can’t. She can’t even move her lips to talk and to tell the duo to shut their mouths.

“Really? Is it Gyuri from PE class who constantly checks herself out in the mirror?”

“Nope. Guess again,” Sunny said grinning. 

“Eh? How come you guys know and I don’t?” She looked at Taeyeon who was still motionless. “Taengoo-ah, how come they know and I don’t? We’re roommates, how can you not tell me! This is so unfair,” she complained.

“Jessie, I need to talk to you,” said Tiffany as she pulled Jessica to her room.

Taeyeon was able to regain composure and glared at Sunny and Hyoyeon.

“You should seriously tell her that you like her,” Hyoyeon said in a calmed manner.

“I can’t just do that!”

“Why not?”

“What if she rejects me? She’ll surely freak out if she finds out that we’re only roommates because I asked the dean to assign her as my roommate. What if—“

“Enough with all these ‘what if’s’, Taeyeon-unnie. You are such a pessimist. Have you ever thought about her actually liking the fact that you did all those things just so you can be closer to her?” Seohyun spoke up. Everyone in the room was shocked. “You can’t decide for her. You shouldn’t think that she’ll be happy with someone else. Have you ever thought that maybe she’s extremely happy when she’s with you and that she gets lonely when you’re not around!”

Okay, that last part had nothing to do with me.

“Hyunnie, can we talk in private?” Yoona asked and stood up. Both of them went downstairs and got out of the house for a walk.

“My cousin’s right, Taengoo. How would you know if she likes you when you don’t even have the guts to ask her out?”

“I’ll do that when the right moment comes. I don’t want her to freak out and to stay away from me. It’s only been two weeks.”

“You should seriously follow Sooyoung’s actions. Jessica’s gorgeous and sure she doesn’t have a crush on Yoona anymore but what if she accidentally bumped into someone one day and like that person. That’s not even the worst part. What if that person likes her, too? What if somewhere out there another group of friends is scheming on making Jessica fall in love with one of their friends? You wouldn’t have anymore chances Taeyeon.”

Hyoyeon’s words scared the wits out of Taeyeon. “Why are you doing this to me?” she mumbled.


---


Seohyun and Yoona were walking along the campus. Yoona was kicking every rock that she sees along the way. She knows very well that what Seohyun blurted out earlier was about her. 

“Hyunnie,” Yoona called out.

“Hmm?”

“Do you still talk to that Yonghwa guy?”

“Sometimes. He calls just to see how I’m doing, why?”

“Oh.” Yoona was hesitant on what she’s about to say but she said it anyways. “I’m sorry. Sorry for thinking that what I did was best for us, for you. I shouldn’t have decided for both of us. I’m sorry, Seohyun-ah,” she said, putting all ounce of sincerity that she has in every word. 

“No, Yoong. It was my fault. You wouldn’t have reacted that way if I didn’t do something –“

“It was my fault. Forgive me?” Yoona looked at her with pleading eyes.

Aigoo! She’s not even giving me the chance to say ‘no’ to her with that look.

Seohyun nodded.

Yoona held her hand but Seohyun moved away. “What?”

“I don’t think me forgiving you means we’re back together. You broke up with me, remember?”

Yoona pouted, “Fine.” Back to square one. Stupid me.

She saw a guy approaching them. He was looking at Seohyun while smiling. Eh? Who the heck is this guy?

“Hi, Seohyun-ah,” greeted the guy.

“Hi, Jinwoon-oppa,” Seohyun greeted back. “Oppa, this is Yoona. Yoona this is Jinwoon-oppa.” Yoona gave him a small and awkward smile.

Seohyun and the guy talked about school stuff while Yoona looked at them. She was studying the face of the guy and how he acts while talking to Seohyun. 

“I’ll see you, tomorrow. Bye,” said the guy to Seohyun. “It’s nice to meet you, Yoona-shi.”

Yoona smiled in return. When Jinwoon was out of sight, Seohyun looked at Yoona and said, “What’s with you?”

Yoona decided to play dumb, “What do you mean?”

“You were staring at him like you wanted to kill him using your eyes. Ever since I became friends with Yonghwa, you keep on glaring at each and every guy that would talk to me.”

“Fine. I’ll stop,” she said.

“You won’t really stop, will you?”

“You know me too well, Hyunnie,” she grinned and held hands with Seohyun. “Let’s go home. I still have to think of ways to win you back and I seriously have to do something about those guys.”

Seohyun scoffed, “What about you? I saw someone gawking at you during our PE class and Sica-unnie likes you, do you know that?”

Yoona nodded, “It was just a little crush though. In fact, she’s already gotten over it. I told her why I broke up with you and she called me stupid.”

“Sica-unnie’s right about that.”

Yoona pouted but her pout soon became a smirk when she felt Seohyun’s lips on hers. It was a quick peck but it still made her heart flutter. “I hate it when you pout.”

“Are you sure we're not back together yet?”

“I’m positive.” With that, Seohyun started walking back to their house with Yoona following closely behind. Yoona was all smiles the whole evening.


---


“Jessie, Sooyoung asked me out ON A DATE!” Tiffany said as she was pacing back and forth. 

“I know. I actually told her to do that and you were right. She really likes you,” Jessica answered apathetically.

“You what?”

“What?” Jessica shrugged. “I didn’t know she’d really do it and you agreed. Why did you agree on going on a date with her? I thought you don’t like her that way.”

“I don’t know. My stupid mouth had a mind of its own.”

“What’s done is done. It’s just a date. I’m sure you’re going to have a blast.”

Tiffany looked at her step sister to see if she was being sarcastic. Much to her surprise, she wasn’t. After a few seconds of rationalizing why Jessica would say such thing, she came up with a conclusion. “Did she treat you out to go eat on a restaurant when she, you and Yoona finished eating all our food here?”

Jessica grinned and nodded, “She ate more though but she’s really kind to share some of it to us.”

“You do realize that you are selling me for food, right?”

“You’re overreacting, Tiff. I’m going downstairs now,” she said as she made her way out of her sister’s room.

Tiffany plopped herself on the bed. 

“Why are you on my bed?” a voice startled her.

“Yul, I agreed to have a date with Sooyoung.”

“I know. She was spazzing about it in the kitchen.”

“What should I do?”

Yuri shrugged, “I don’t know. Get off of my bed. It’s time for dinner.”

“You’re no help.” 


---


Sooyoung was waiting for Tiffany in the living room. Today’s a big day for her. It’s Wednesday, the day she gets to finally have a date with Tiffany. She opted to wear a black plaid shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. She also brought a jacket with her just in case it gets too cold.

“You have really long legs, Soo,” Taeyeon stated.

“My legs aren’t that long. Yours are just too short,” she answered.

“I hate you,” the short girl mumbled.

“I’m ready. Let’s go,” Tiffany said as soon as she reached the living room. She was basically wearing the same thing Sooyoung was wearing. The only difference is the color. Her shirt was, of course, pink. 

“You guys are cute! You look like a couple,” Jessica squealed which earned a death stare coming from her sister. 

“Jessie, could you please do me a favour and play dead,” she said.

Jessica just grinned and said, “Hwaiting! Bring us food when you get home.”

“Let’s get going,” Sooyoung said as she walked to foyer and opened the door for Tiffany. Both of them walked towards Sooyoung’s car. 

“Fany!” They heard Yuri’s voice and turned their heads.

“You forgot to bring a jacket. It might get too cold.” She handed Tiffany a jacket. The latter wasn’t familiar with it and when she checked it out, gaped.

“Yah! Yul! At least give me a decent jacket that doesn’t have a humungous Mickey Mouse print on it.”

“Don’t be picky! That’s the first thing I saw in my closet and I didn’t want to rummage through yours.”

“That’s fine, Fany. I think it’ll suit you. We’ll go ahead, Yuri-ah,” Sooyoung said.

“Take care,” Yuri waved then went back inside.

When she got inside the car, Sooyoung asked, “So where do you want to go first?”