Chapter 13: Scheming Sunny and a Game of Charades

chocolate CHIP COOKie

 

“Fany-ah, why aren’t you eating the food that Yuri cooked?” Sooyoung asked. She wasn’t at home earlier so she didn’t know that Tiffany is prohibited from eating Yuri’s dishes.

“I’m fine with eating pizza,” she said as she kept on glancing at Yuri to see if the latter is seriously angry at her.

“These barbecued beef strips are really good. Try one,” Sooyoung said and handed some over to Tiffany but she refused.

“I’m fine with pizza, Soo.”

“But—“

“Promise breakers aren’t allowed to eat the food I made,” Yuri said and continued eating.

“What promise? I didn’t promise you anything,” Tiffany questioned.

“You promised not to call me ‘manyul’.”

“I said ‘sure thing’. That’s not how you make promises.”

“But I took your word for it.”

“But still it’s not—“

Tiffany wasn’t able to continue her sentence because Yuri cut her off, “Sure thing.”

“Let’s just eat. My sister said she’s fine with pizza so let’s let her be.” All of them continued to eat their meal after Jessica spoke.


---


“Let’s play a game since we could stay up late because it’s our free day tomorrow,” Sunny suggested. Wednesday is their free day and they still don’t have piles of school works since it’s only their first week.

“We could still stay up late regardless,” Jessica retorted. It was ironic how she said that because she spends most of her time sleeping.

“Yes, let’s play charades,” Hyo suggested and winked at Sunny.

“Hyo, that’s a great idea,” Sunny said enthusiastically.

“Everyone should join, even you cranky Yuri,” Hyoyeon said and pointed to the girl she was referring to who was currently watching some random TV show.

Yuri pouted but agreed to play. She didn’t really have much choice. Either she agrees or she gets another ridiculous nickname.

Sunny decided to sit out and write the words that they need to guess. She’s also the one in charge of the score board. Their categories would be movies. Normally, it would be a mix of different categories but Sunny doesn’t know much about other categories. She knows about different paintings, sculptures and others but she wasn’t sure if the others would have any idea on those things. Plus this little gossip machine has another plot on how to make Taeyeon and Jessica closer. Her accomplices are of course, Hyoyeon and her cousin, who completely disagreed at first but eventually gave in. This is, after all, for her too.

Sunny “randomly” chose Seohyun and Jessica to choose their teammates. Since no one argued, thank god, the two played rock, paper, scissors to determine who’ll go first in choosing their members. They decided to have a schoolyard pick so that it’s “fair.” This is all according to the scheming Sunny Lee. But she could only do so much. Luck is what they need most in order for their plan to be successful. Maybe a little cheating would help, too.

Luck was on their side and Seohyun gets to pick her first member. Now, we don’t need to be as bright as Einstein to know who she’s going to pick. She chose Yoona first, of course. Jessica chose her sister.

Seohyun told Yoona to pick Hyoyeon and she did. Jessica wasn’t interested anymore so she let Tiffany pick and she picked Yuri. She only picked me to tease me again. Dammit, Hwang! When will you stop?!

“I didn’t want you to get picked last,” Tiffany said and smiled at Yuri. She’s really guilty about making Yuri upset but she can’t help but to taunt her roommate more.

Sooyoung witnessed that and pouted. I was hoping she’d pick me.

“Sooyoung-ah,” Hyoyeon said. It was her turn to pick and she picked Sooyoung, not only because she’s her best friend but also because it was part of their plan.

“Hyo~” she whined.

“What?”

“Why didn’t you pick Taeyeon instead?” she whispered, “I wanted to be on Tiffany’s team.”

“Tough luck, Soo,” Hyoyeon shrugged.

“That leaves Taeyeon so she would be in Jessica’s team,” Sunny said while shaking the bowl where the scraps of paper that contained the title of the movies are placed. 

“I will also be the timekeeper and the time limit for each person is three minutes. Understood?” she added. Everyone nodded. “Who’s up first?”

Yoona raised her hand like a little kid and smiled, “Me!” She stood up and picked a piece of paper then looked at it. She gave the paper to Sunny and acted out the title of the movie.

Yoona held up six fingers and pointed to her pinky which means she’s going to give clues on the last word of the title.

“Six words. Last word,” Hyoyeon said confirming that she understood Yoona’s clues.

Yoona bent her knees slightly and patted her head. 

“Kneel. Kneeling?”

She pointed to Taeyeon who was busy looking at her nails.

“Dwarf. SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS. SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS!!” Sooyoung shouted at the top of her lungs. Yoona smiled and nodded. Sooyoung raised her fist and looked up the ceiling. She was acting like she had just won a million dollars on a game show.

“That was seriously easy, Sunny. Please tell us you put in challenging movie titles in there,” Tiffany said.

“Of course I did,” she smirked.

It was the other team’s turn and Tiffany volunteered to go first. She picked a piece of paper and read it. She smiled then gave the paper to Sunny.

She held up two fingers and indicated that she’s going to give clues about the last word, much like Yoona’s gestures.

“Alright, two words, last word,” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany started dancing. She swayed her hips, left and right, and lifted her shirt up, slightly exposing her belly. She was singing Rainbow’s A in her head and dancing to the rhythm of it.

Jessica shouted her guess, “Coyote Ugly. It’s Coyote Ugly!!”

Tiffany gave her a confused look and shook her head.

“What? You were dancing and…it was two words so I thought…”

“Rainbow, rainbow!” Taeyeon shouted when she finally recognized the dance Tiffany was doing.

She pointed to Taeyeon and wiped her hand across her forehead a couple of times indicating that they’re getting hot.

“Alright alright we’re getting hot!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

I’m getting hot…and bothered. ! What the hell?

Tiffany did another dance from Rainbow’s song A. 

“A, A…”

“EASY A!” Jessica yelled and jumped towards her sister to hug her. The sisters were celebrating while the others were looking at them weirdly.

“Uh…you haven’t won yet,” Hyoyeon informed them.

“Oh please, we’ll win this, right Jessie?”

Jessica nodded and sat down.

“Okay~ next!” Sunny shouted.


---


After one whole hour of playing, they ended up with the same score so to break the tie they decided to have a tie breaker round. Duh.

Seohyun’s team will go first and Hyoyeon volunteered to give the clues. She stood up and picked a paper from the bowl. 

“Before I forget, instead of 3 minutes we’ll cut it down to a minute, alright? To make it more challenging,” she smirked.

“I’m ready,”Hyoyeon smiled and Sunny started the timer.

“Two words,” Seohyun said when Hyoyeon help up two fingers. “First word.”

Hyoyeon stopped for a second and thought of what clue to give. She stepped a little to her right and acted like she was holding a bouquet of flowers using both hands. Then she stepped to her left and acted like someone’s arm was hooked on her right arm.

“Dating? Date Night?” Yoona said.

Hyoyeon shook her head and glared at them. She looked away and scratched the back of her head. She looked towards their direction again then suddenly...BAM!

“Hyoyeon, what the hell!? Why are you giving us the dirty finger?!” Sooyoung shouted at her best friend’s face.

Hyoyeon pointed to her ring finger. It turns out she didn’t raise her middle finger, it was her ring finger.

“Oh, sorry, the way you held your hand up, it was sort of like…nevermind. Ring! The Ring?!”

Hyoyeon shook her head again and gave another clue. 

“Okay, last word,” Seohyun said.

Hyoyeon acted like she was driving a car and pretended that the car crashed.

“Crashed!” the three shouted in unison.

“Time’s up!” Sunny suddenly said.

“What? That was fast.”

Sunny shrugged, “Time flies when you’re having fun. Your turn. By the way, the movie was ‘Wedding Crashers.”

Taeyeon stood up and picked a random piece of paper. Random? Not really. See, when no one was watching, Sunny filled the bowl with scraps of paper that had the same thing written on it. Mischievous Sunny.

Taeyeon looked at what’s written on the paper. Is there really a movie—

“Taengoo-ah, let’s finish this. Let’s beat the other team,” Tiffany said with determination in her eyes. Yes, ladies and gents, this bubbly, eye smiling, angelic looking girl is more competitive than a football player or any other type of athlete. She DOES NOT like losing. 

Taeyeon held up four fingers and indicated that she’s going to act out the first word. Her teammates nodded and she pointed to herself.

“You,” Yuri guessed and Taeyeon waved both her hands then pointed to herself again.

“I. It’s I,” Tiffany said. Taeyeon tapped her index finger to her nose then pointed to Tiffany, signalling that what she said was right.

For the second word, Taeyeon made a heart shape using both her hands. 

“Heart,” Jessica guessed and Taeyeon nodded her head like a bobblehead doll on the dashboard of a car.

“Love,” Jessica guessed again which made Taeyeon repeat the gesture she did when Tiffany got the correct word.

“I love you, Beth Cooper? Oh wait, that movie has five words,” Yuri said, double checking if she counted it correctly.

Taeyeon pointed to Jessica. “I love you, Sleeping Beauty?” Jessica answered stupidly. 

“What the heck Jessie?”

“Well, the dwarf pointed her finger at me,” Jessica defended.

“Whatever, at least you admit that you sleep a lot.”

Taeyeon continued on pointing to Jessica.

“I love Blonde Girls?” Tiffany said and she immediately felt her sister’s eyes on her. “What? She was pointing her fingers at you!”

“Times’s up,” Sunny said.

“I LOVE YOU, JESSICA!” Taeyeon yelled. 

Everyone was looking at her with different expressions on their faces. Jessica’s face was unreadable, Sunny and Hyo couldn’t believe that their plan actually worked, the others were just shocked, mouths opened, eyes wide open and jaws almost hitting the ground.

Taeyeon couldn’t even believe that she just said that out loud. She didn’t even mean it. It was the title of the movie she picked. “It’s…the title of the movie.”

All of them looked at her weirdly, except for the two culprits who were trying hard to hold in their laughter.

“There’s no such movie,” Tiffany said then looked at Sunny, “Sunny there’s no such thing as ‘I love you, Jessica.”

She needs to make another believable excuse, “Yes, there is. In fact, I bought the DVD two weeks ago. The title’s ‘I love you, Jessica’. I could bring the DVD here just to prove it to you guys.” She was lying but she knows that if they do ask for that DVD, she could ask someone to burn some random video for her, put it in a nice case and print a fake movie cover with the title, “I love you, Jessica.”

“That’s a rip off. Where do you even buy DVD’s?” Jessica asked with an annoyed expression.

“Let’s just let them pick another movie title that they could guess so it would be fair,” Hyo suggested. 

While Jessica’s team was busy guessing what the title of the movie was earlier, Sunny emptied the bowl and put a new batch of folded paper with movie titles in them.

Taeyeon picked again and gave the paper back to Sunny. She held up a peace sign and pointed to her middle finger. She acted like she was reading a book then mimicked a person scribbling on it.

“The Notebook!” her three group mates shouted at the same time.

“Correct! They are the winners for today,” Sunny said. She smiled contentedly for she has successfully completed their plan.

“Yay!”

“We won.”

“We beat them in charades.”

Tiffany, Yuri and Jessica squealed. They all had a group hug, Tiffany and Yuri momentarily forgot that they were not in good terms. Taeyeon approached them cheerfully and tried to join in but her face was shoved away by a vicious yet sweet smelling hand. 

“You almost cost us the game,” Jessica said after they broke their mini group hug.

“It wasn’t even my fault. It’s Sunny’s fault,” Taeyeon defended herself.

“I’m gonna make some smoothies,” Yuri announced and proceeded to the kitchen.

Tiffany was on the sidelines observing her friends. Why the heck are those two giggling and why does Seohyun look like she knows what’s happening with those two?

She observed some more. She looked at Taeyeon who was still blushing madly after she shouted the supposed movie title. She smirked at her conclusion. Could it be that Taengoo likes…OMG. How can I not notice that before?

Meanwhile at the other side of the room, Jessica noticed Taeyeon typing away on her phone. She doesn’t have anything to busy herself with so she decided to “jokingly” push Taeyeon. Yeah, that’s what she does when she’s bored. She pushes people. You got a problem with that? Sue her, haters. 

Apparently, Jessica was not aware of her own strength. She thought she pushed Taeyeon lightly but in reality, she kind of shoved her roughly. 

Taeyeon wasn’t over the incident of accidentally, sort of, blurting out her feelings towards Jessica so she was ticked off that someone pushed her roughly. “YAH! What was that for?” She turned around and saw Jessica grinning. On any other day, Jessica’s smile would calm her down but not today. There were so many things in her mind and she wasn’t thinking clearly.

“For no reason at all,” Jessica answered. The grin on her face won’t disappear. Seeing her mad is kinda cute.

Taeyeon suddenly remembered something that made her smirk. The kind of smirk that seemed erted.

She quickly leaned forward and gave Jessica a quick peck on her right cheek.

Jessica was frozen, even the other people in the house were and after a few seconds, reality hit Taeyeon like a ten-wheeler truck.
 

Kill.Me.Now