Spoilt Brat

Don't Lie to Me

10:34PM

Seung Heon patted you on the back, “Good job with the press out there, you’re really good at answering questions.”

You shrugged with a little arrogance, “Maybe I’ve done it in a parallel universe.”

Seung Heon dropped his hands on your shoulders, “Of course, you did. How about we go home? I would not want you to have a migraine while solving this case.”

You obediently nodded your head, “Yeah, let’s go.”

You and Seung Heon stepped out of the police station to see Kris’ car parked at the front. Seeing you come out of the police station, Kris hurried out of the car and ran up to you.

You cocked your head to the side, “Kris… why are you are here?”

Kris grinned at you before giving Seung Heon a quick glance, “I’m here to take you home.”

You shook your head, “I told you to stay at home and rest, didn’t I? I already said that Seung Heon oppa was taking me home.”

“No, I’m fine. I can take you home.”

You pursed your lips together as you looked at Kris’ puffy red eyes. The blood vessels in his eyes were more visible than you would have liked them to be.

You rubbed Kris’ arm, “You are in no condition to drive.”

“Umm… I could take both of you home. Jenny can drive your car back to your place tomorrow,” Seung Heon suggested.

Your eyes lit up, “That’s a great idea! I think that’s the safest plan.”

Kris shook his head, “No. There is no need.”

Kris tugged your arm, “Come on, Jenny. I’ll take you home.”

“Kris, I’d rather you be angry at me right now for refusing than for you to be upset when you cause an accident,” you reasoned with Kris.

“My car is quite big so you don’t have to worry about being uncomfortable,” Seung Heon smiled.

Frowning, Kris finally agreed to go home together with Seung Heon. On the trip home, Kris spent the whole time sitting in the front passenger seat, with his arms crossed and sighing. The atmosphere was not in the slightest bit pleasant for you.

You gave Kris the benefit of the doubt and suspected that it was his lack of rest that gave him this temper.

Arriving at Kris’ apartment, Kris quickly got out of the car and powerwalked back to his apartment. You thanked Seung Heon for the ride and stepped out of the car.

“You’re not going home?” Seung Heon asked.

“As you can see, Kris is in a grumpy mood. I think I’m going to have to talk to him about it.”

Hesitantly, Seung Heon nodded, “Okay. I’ll see you at work tomorrow.”

After waving to Seung Heon as he drove away, you turned around and ran after Kris.

“Kris! Kris! Stop walking so fast!”

Kris turned around and frowned, “Was it necessary to agree to let Seung Heon drive us home?”

You crossed your arms and sighed, “He only took YOU home. I’m still here.”

You grabbed Kris’ shirt and pulled him towards you, with only millimetres between the two of you, you shook your head.

“You haven’t been drinking… so why are you getting so angry?”

Kris pulled his shirt away from your hand, “I’m not angry.”

You grabbed Kris’ hand and lead him into the apartment, “Let’s talk about this inside.”

~~~~~

Crossing his arms across his chest, Kris let himself fall into the sofa. You pushed away the coasters on the coffee table to make place for you to sit opposite your grumpy boyfriend.

Taking in a deep breath, you rested your elbows on your knees and looked at Kris in the eyes, “Tell me what’s wrong.”

Kris turned away, “You should go home, you have to work tomorrow.”

Amused at the current role reversal, you chuckled, “Kris. Tell me what’s going on. We’re dating now, we can’t use the headphone confessions anymore.”

Kris sighed, “I’m just upset that we haven’t gotten the chance to spend any time with each other and whenever I’m Korea, you’re on a case or spending time with friends. I just feel like I never get a chance to see you and I just miss you so-”

Grabbing Kris’ collar, you pulled him in for a passionate kiss. After breaking away from the kiss, you squished Kris’ cheeks, “You should have just told me instead of acting like a spoilt child.

You slapped Kris’ thighs lightly, “Now hurry up and get off the sofa so I can sleep.”

“You can sleep on my bed, I’ll sleep on the sofa.”

You took Kris’s arm and pulled him up from the sofa, “Come on, you need more rest than I do.”

“I promise that nothing will happen if you sleep on my bed,” Kris argued.

“I promise to move in with you if you just get your rest for the week,” you offered.

Kris’ mouth gaped open and his ears went red.

“Aye!” you pushed his shoulder, “I will be occupying your guest room. Don’t think of anything dirty.”

Kris raised his arms up, as if he was surrendering, “I wasn’t thinking anything.”

You softly knee kicked Kris in the , “Now hurry up and go to bed so I can sleep peacefully.”

“You’re really moving in with me?” Kris asked.

“Just to refresh your memory, I know Wushu, karate, taekwondo, traditional Vietnamese martial arts and my personal favourite, muay thai. So no funny business,” you warned, in a “matter of fact” tone.

“I will get you a blanket and pillow.” Kris gave you a quick kiss before running off to his room.

Laughing quietly to yourself, you took off your jacket and laid down on the sofa.