HyoChan

Slowly But Surely

‘B.A.P’s Himchan and Secret’s Hyosung are dating!’

‘Label mates Himchan and Hyosung spotted on a date on the streets of Hongdae!’

‘Himchan and Hyosung walking hand-in-hand on a late night date!’

The entire K-Pop world was on frenzy when the news about Himchan and Hyosung dating was released by the media. Fans and haters alike were convinced that this wasn’t just another rumour or a publicity stunt. There were concrete evidence – photos of them holding hands and hugging on the streets have gone viral in just a few seconds.

As if the situation weren’t bad enough, a photo of CL, Himchan and Hyosung taken during their brief meeting at the hallway of a broadcast station the other day was also being uploaded and shared – adding more fuel to the fire. Some of the netizens’ comments were beyond absurd. Die-hard HyoChan shippers went as far as calling CL a for being a third wheeler. They even accused her of trying to steal Himchan away from Hyosung.

CL’s heart dropped when she read the articles. She felt like someone has stabbed her from the back with a blunt knife repeatedly but CL, being her usual self, refused to be affected by all the negativities and resumed with their rehearsals like nothing has happened. The other 2NE1 members were of course, very worried about her but they didn’t want to make the situation worse by bombarding her with unnecessary remarks and/or questions.

Even though she seemed to be just fine, CL was really hurting inside. She was actually starting to have feelings for Himchan.

***

Meanwhile, the staff of TS Entertainment was on a panic mode. As far as they’re concerned, Himchan’s married to CL, not Hyosung. They weren’t even aware of Himchan and Hyosung’s so-called relationship.

“I’m just going straight to the point here. Are you guys dating?” asked the CEO of TSE.

“No.” replied Himchan immediately.

“Are you sure?” asked Hyosung with a sarcastic tone.

“Guys, I need a clear answer here! Are you or are you not dating?” asked the CEO once again with an even firmer voice.

“Well, we were dating for a few months but not anymore. We broke up a long time ago. I’m married to CL now and that’s all that matters.” explained Himchan with a very serious tone.

“Is that true?” asked the CEO, now turning to Hyosung.

Hyosung rolled her eyes in annoyance and nodded her head as a yes. “Good! That’s all I need to know. The damage is surely going to be big but what’s done is done. I’ll deal with the press myself so you don’t have to worry about that. And you, Himchan. I think you owe your wife an explanation. And an apology.” said the CEO before dismissing the two.

“I will. I’m sorry to have caused the company a lot of trouble. I’ll be more careful next time. I won’t repeat this mistake again.” Himchan bowed more than ninety degrees to show his appreciation before leaving the room.

“Say hello to your wife for me.” said Hyosung with a smirk as soon as they got out of their CEO’s office.

“I don’t know what your evil mind is planning this time but whatever it is, it will not work. So please, just stay away from me and CL. Especially, CL! Trust me, you won’t see the light in your life ever again if you ever touch or hurt her!” Himchan warned her, clenching his teeth and fists in anger.

“I should be the one marrying you, not her!” shouted Hyosung angrily, gaining people’s attention.

“Well you’ve got your chance and you lost it!” he shouted back at her and walked away, but was immediately stopped by Hyosung.

“Then give me another chance. Please? I know deep down that you still love me.” She pleaded with her puppy eyes.

“No!” said Himchan firmly as he shoved her hands away and continued to walk away.

“Why?” asked Hyosung, still chasing after him.

“Because I am starting to like CL. No, let me rephrase that. I am starting to love her, my wife, Lee Chaerin!” exclaimed Himchan one last time before slamming the door shut right in front of her face.  

***

[HIMCHAN’S POV]

I took a deep breath as I opened the door and entered our apartment with a nervous heart. I sighed in relief when I realised that CL wasn’t home yet. I wasn’t ready. I wasn’t ready to explain everything to her. I wasn’t ready to apologise. It’s not like I didn’t want to, though. I guess I just needed more time to collect myself.

Hyosung and I had a very special relationship for a very long time. She had always been there for me just as I had always been there for her throughout our grueling trainee days. Besides Yongguk, Hyosung was one of the few people that I’ve ever really let into my personal life. I mean, I do have many friends but I’ve never really opened up to anyone as much and as deep as I’ve had with Yongguk and Hyosung.

It wasn’t until earlier this year though, that we decided to take our relationship to the next level. The first two months were wonderful. We would sneak out very late at night and just walked to wherever our feet brought us – we joked, we laughed, we talked about our problems, we cried and then we comforted each other. We were just so in love.

Then B.A.P got really famous and with fame, came a new load of responsibilities. Sacrifices had to be made, including giving up our free time. Our schedule was really tight, and it still is actually. We had to move from one venue to another at least four times in a day, seven days a week. We barely had enough time to sleep, let alone to hang out or go on dates. Slowly, Hyosung and I drifted apart.

I thought that what we had was strong enough to endure anything that life could’ve thrown our way. But I guess I was wrong. Boy I was so wrong. Love turned to hatred, laughters turned to screams and tears. Our relationship was going downhill really fast. After a while, we realised that we were hurting each other too much, so we decided to just stay as friends.

Of course, it was easier said than done. The first few weeks after our break-up were torture. To be honest, I was actually kind of hoping that somehow fate would bring us back together once again. However, my hopes were crushed when I saw Hyosung kissing another idol right in front of my eyes. What hurt the most was the fact that he was a good friend of mine. I couldn’t blame him, though, for he didn’t know a single thing about our relationship. But she did. She knew too well that we were really good friends and yet, she still kissed him.

Maybe she did that for my own sake or maybe she was just being a plain douchebag. Either way, my heart was completely broken – shattered into a thousand pieces. I tried my best to hide the fact that I was really hurting inside but at most times, I was just not acting myself. I would drink till I got drunk every single night and act like nothing happened the next day. I distanced myself from everyone, including my parents and band mates. I even almost gave up my idol life at one point of time.

But everything somehow changed when I met CL. I’ve always admired her not only as an artist but also as a person long before I met her, long before I even knew about the arranged marriage. Unlike most people, she dares to be different and go against the norms and people’s expectations. She also doesn’t care what other people think about her. She’s just not afraid to be herself. And that’s what I found most admirable about her.

That conversation I had with her by the Han River was really an eye opener about myself – about the things that I should’ve, would’ve and could’ve done in my life – and also about her. For the first time that day, I met Lee Chaerin and not CL. Believe it or not, I just couldn’t stop thinking about her after that brief meeting of ours. And that’s when I knew that I was, or should I say am attracted to her. The crazy part of me somehow believed that we were meant to be together, that we were destined to marry each other, that she was indeed my soulmate. Hence, why I have agreed to marry her even though arranged marriages ain’t really my thing.

I was sitting on the couch in our living room when I heard the door open. I looked at the clock on the wall, which said half past three. It was really late and I didn’t realise that I have been waiting for her for a few hours now. I then turned to look at CL who just came in, only to be greeted with an expressionless face. ‘Great! She must be really mad at me.’ I thought as mentally face-palmed myself.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: Just for the record, I have nothing against Secret or Hyosung. I don't know why but I decided to make her the "villain" of the story so please don't hate me. T_T I'm sorry, there's not much Himchan-CL moments in this chapter but there will in the next chapter! Lots and lots of Himchan-CL moments! So stay tuned! ^^ And hello to the new subbers! :D I hope you'll enjoy this story as much as I do!