We Care

Slowly But Surely

Author's Note: A short chapter for y'all! Well, this is actually a small part of the second last chapter, but I think that it deserves to have its own chapter, so here it is. I apologise beforehand though, if I, in any way, have offended anyone of you with the contents of this chapter. I know it is a very sensitive issue but I just want to let everyone realise how serious of an issue it is. I would love to pour everything in my head regarding the matter but I chose not to. I'm afraid that some people would come and kill me if I did. Haha! Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy the read! ^^ The other part of the chapter will be published soon. :)

 

Thanks to Himchan’s unbeknown braveness, the stalker was finally caught. However, after hearing his side of the story, the couple decided not to press any charges against him. Foolish decision? Maybe, or maybe not. It really depends on how you look at it. What he did was undeniably wrong, but he wasn’t being himself.      

How would you feel if your one and only sister killed herself just because of some guy, or in this case, a celebrity? How would you feel when you know you could have prevented it from happening? Some people are just not strong enough to deal with this kind of situation, and unfortunately, he was one of them. He couldn’t think straight and let his anger win against him. Truth be told, he was more angry with himself for not realising everything from the very beginning, for not being able to protect his baby sister. But being in a state of in denial, he chose to put the blame on others – Himchan and CL.

His sister was young; she was only 17 years old. She was actually a bright student, one of the top of their class. She had a bright future ahead of her. She could have become a respected politician, or a Nobel-prize winning writer, or a successful businesswoman. She could have made her family proud. She was someone’s daughter, someone’s little sister, and someone’s friend. But too bad, she was gone too soon, and that really broke CL’s heart.

Ashamed. Guilt. Grateful. A mix of emotions filled his face after Himchan told him that they were not going to press charges. To say that he was shocked would be an understatement. Why? Why would they let him go away just like that when he almost ruined their lives, their marriage? Well, that’s actually pretty simple – because they are two kind-hearted, selfless human beings. What surprised him the most was that the couple willingly offered to help him and the rest of the family cope with their grief – both financially and psychologically.

Inspired by the tragedy, Himchan and CL planned on establishing a foundation in the near future. Naming it after the victim, Chun Hei Foundation aims to help spread awareness on obsessive fandoms and guide those who are suffering from the said syndrome. Being a hardcore fan is one thing, being an obsessive fan is another. But where do we exactly draw the line? What are the symptoms or signs of being obsessed? What are the effects of being obsessive, or what most people would say, sasaeng fans? How can we help these people? These are some of the key questions that the foundation would wish to answer and share with people.

With the increase popularity of K-Pop over the years, the number of sasaeng fans has also increased quite drastically. It is really common nowadays to read news on fans breaking into celebrities’ hotel rooms, and even apartments – stealing their belongings, installing hidden cameras, thrashing their rooms, etc. Some even resort to hurting themselves, like slitting their wrists, to show their so-called love for their favourite superstars. Some young fans often skip schools, carelessly using up their life savings, or even steal money just so they could see their favourite oppas and unnies. Threats – both minor and major – are also constantly given to whomever they see as a competition, or a bad influence to their idols.

Sad, but true. And this is exactly why Himchan and CL decided to act. They want people to realise how serious this issue is. Despite all the negativities though, they also want people to know that these so-called sasaeng fans are all mere human beings, they make mistakes just like any one of us – consciously or not. They want people to know that these kids need help and that they could be helped. They want everyone to know that they are here to help, to show their support, to show them that they care. They care.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.