Christmas Part I - Shopping With Bang & Zelo

Slowly But Surely

Christmas this year would be extra special. Why? Because it’s the first Christmas Himchan and CL would spend together as a married couple. They’re really nervous yet very excited about it. They’ve been thinking about what to get for each other day and night since the first day of December. However, since they’ve only known each other for a short period of time, finding the perfect gift was rather difficult.

CL sat down restlessly on the couch, contemplating giving Yongguk a call. She needed help in picking a gift for Himchan and she couldn’t think of anyone else who could help her other than Yongguk. After so much thought, she finally decided to give him a call even though it was kind of embarrassing and it kind of hurt her pride a little. CL took a deep breath before pressing the call button. She was really nervous and she couldn’t help but to feel a bit awkward about it. She didn’t have much choice, though. Yongguk was her only way out, or so she thought.

Yongguk answered his phone after a few rings and he sounded pretty beat. “Hello, is this Bang Yongguk-shi?” CL asked nervously.

“Oh, yes. May I know with whom am I speaking to?” he asked politely.

“It’s CL,” she replied and Yongguk immediately stood up in shock.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo CL-shi,” his voice suddenly turned more excited, “What’s up?” he asked coolly.

Zelo and Jongup, who were in the recording studio with Yongguk, turned their heads towards him, their eyes widened in excitement. Zelo immediately jumped off his seat and tried to take the phone away from Yongguk but failed. “Hyung, let me talk to CL noona!” he pouted but was ignored by his hyung.

“Nothing much. Was just wondering if you could help me pick a gift for Channie. This is embarrassing but I still don’t know much about him. You know, what he likes or dislikes,” explained CL shyly.

“Ah, I see. That’s not a problem. Zelo and I can bring you shopping,” replied Yongguk.

“Really? Is that really okay with you? I mean, I know that you’re busy recording and stuff,” CL sounded a bit shocked and hesitant.

“Yes, really. Anything for our sister-in-law,” he chuckled, “How about we meet up tomorrow afternoon?”

“Tomorrow afternoon sounds fine,” CL agreed excitedly.

“Awesome! We’ll come and pick you up around 2,” replied Yongguk, winking at Zelo who was beyond excited to hang out with his favourite noona.

“Alright. Thank you so much, Yongguk-shi,” CL said one last time before hanging up.

Zelo hugged Yongguk tightly and swung him around happily. He was just too excited. Jongup, on the other hand, seemed rather upset. He wanted to tag along but Yongguk insisted that he should stay with Daehyun and Youngjae to distract Himchan, just in case he suspected anything fishy.

 

***

 

The day has finally arrived – CL’s first time going shopping with people outside her social circle. Other than her relatives and close friends, she has never really gone out with other people. She was very nervous but she knew that she needed their help. She was waiting nervously when her phone beeped. It was Yongguk, informing her that they have arrived downstairs.

The boys greeted her with big smiles on their faces and a polite bow as soon as she stepped out of the building. Zelo’s eyes immediately narrowed to the basket CL was holding. “What’s that, noona?” he asked with a cheerful voice.

“Oh, I baked some cookies. Here, this one’s for you,” replied CL with a warm smile as she handed him a piece of cookie, which was beautifully wrapped up.

“Wah! And it’s a Z!” Zelo took the cookie from her and smiled happily.

“Yes, Z for Zelo! And this one’s for you,” she said as she handed another cookie to Yongguk.

“And it’s a BYG!” exclaimed Yongguk happily, causing Zelo to whine in jealousy upon seeing Yongguk’s slightly bigger cookie.

The three then spent hours of shopping, hopping from one shop to another, but they still couldn’t get something for Himchan. There were, of course, various choices available – from his favourite designer belt to a high-end coffee machine, from a cute teddy bear to a cool instax camera – but none of these really felt right to CL. She wanted to get something else, something more meaningful for her husband.

CL let out a deep sigh as she plopped herself down on a nearby bench. Zelo immediately ran after her, trying to comfort his noona. Yongguk joined the two not long after and people suddenly began staring. “Come on, let’s get something to drink. We’ve been walking around for hours,” suggested Yongguk and the two agreed.

They went to a café just one block away and settled down at a table by the window. Yongguk was, of course, quite hesitant about it, as he was afraid that people might get the wrong idea and spread some stupid rumours. “Don’t worry about it. Let them think what they want to think as long as we know what we’re doing is not wrong,” CL bluntly said; Yongguk and Zelo just nodded in amazement.

“Let me go and order our drinks. What do you want noona?” asked the maknae, batting his long eyelashes.

“Hmm… I’d like a hot chocolate, please. Thank you, Junhongie,” she replied, ruffling his greyish locks.

“And I’d have a caramel macchiato,” said Yongguk rather lazily.

“Okay, be right back!” Zelo then skipped towards the counter joyfully.

CL giggled at his cuteness, kind of wishing that she had a younger brother. The smile on her face then slowly disappeared as she began to think about the gift once again. “I didn’t know shopping could be this stressful,” she groaned as she planted her forehead on the table.

Yongguk laughed a little, causing CL to glare at him rather confusedly. “Don’t glare at me like that, it’s scary,” chuckled Yongguk.

“Then why are you laughing at me?” she asked, frowning.

“Because you remind me a lot of Himchan,” he replied, stifling a laugh.

“Really? How so?” CL sounded more curious now.

“I don’t know. Let me see,” Yongguk said as he pretended to think really hard while staring out the window.

“Ya! Answer me!” she yelled, flicking his forehead quite roughly.

“Ouch!” Yongguk shrieked in pain, “See, there! Himchan always does that to me too. You guys are so much alike in so many ways, trust me.”

Unconsciously, a smile slowly formed on her already blushing face and Yongguk just shook his head, kind of amazed at how similar the two people were. “Anyways, have you thought of what to get him yet? We’ve been looking all over and still got nothing,” asked Yongguk, his tone turned serious.

CL just sighed and shook her head helplessly. “Maybe you could make something for him!” Zelo suddenly appeared with a tray in his hands.

Both CL and Yongguk looked at him, surprised. “What? Didn’t think I was that clever?” scoffed Zelo as he sat next to Yongguk and passed them their respective drinks.

“For example, maybe you can design a shirt for him. Or maybe a hat. Anything, really. Just like what you did for the other 2NE1 members on 2NE1TV, remember?” the maknae started to explain thoroughly.

“Oh, yeah! I gave them a pair of custome-made shoes that I designed myself. That’s actually a brilliant idea, Junhongie! Good boy!” replied CL with a smile while patting his head.

“Told you I was clever!” he said proudly, earning himself a smack on the head from Yongguk.

“Hyung! What did you do that for?” he cried.

“Nothing. You’re just being too cute,” Yongguk then started to laugh his heart out, causing CL to laugh along with him when she saw Zelo’s dumbfounded expression.

“Noona, that’s really not funny,” he pouted.

“Okay, okay. I’ll stop laughing. You did great, Junhongie. Now let’s finish our drinks quickly so we can buy everything that I need,” replied CL and began gulping down her hot chocolate like it wasn’t hot at all.

“Whoa, slow down! I don’t want to get hit by Himchan if he found out that his wife got a burnt tongue and throat!” said Yongguk, genuinely concerned.

 

***

 

Meanwhile, Himchan was continuously bugging Daehyun and Youngjae, asking them where Yongguk and Zelo have gone.  Jongup just kept quiet as he watched his hyungs being harassed by Himchan, trying his best not to be too obvious that he was enjoying the scene right in front of his eyes.

Poor Daehyun and Youngjae, they actually didn’t have any idea what Yongguk and Zelo were up to. All they knew was that the two have gone out to get something, whatever that thing was. Jongup was the only one who knew the truth but Himchan somehow assumed that he didn’t. After one dreadful hour, Himchan finally gave up nagging the two poor kids. He just sighed, as he lied down on the only couch in the recording studio.

“Hyung, have you got CL noona anything yet?” asked Jongup suddenly.

Himchan sat up and looked at him with an unreadable expression. “What do you mean get her something? Her birthday is not until February,” asked Himchan, rather confused.

“Oh my God! Christmas is just around the corner, hyung!” Daehyun finally spoke up, sounded really shocked.

Himchan’s eyes widened. He facepalmed himself as soon as he remembered about Christmas. They were too busy preparing for their yet another comeback that he completely forgot about Christmas. He suddenly panicked and started to pace back and forth aimlessly. “Hyung, don’t worry. We’ll help you find the perfect gift!” said Youngjae, trying to comfort his hyung.

“Yeah, hyung. We’ll help you. Do you happen to know what CL noona likes? Like her favourite things, colours, brands? Anything?” asked Daehyun; Himchan just stood there with an I-am-a-stupid-husband-I-do-not-know-anything look on his face.

“Uh-oh! Someone’s in big trouble,” chuckled Youngjae, earning himself a glare from Himchan.

“And that’s where my fanboy knowledge comes into place!” Jongup exclaimed happily, almost proudly.

The three older members just looked at him, slightly surprised. They have forgotten the fact that they had someone who was a huge fan of 2NE1, someone who knew almost everything about the group. Without waiting any longer, Himchan grabbed Jongup’s hand and dragged him out of the studio, “We’re going shopping!”

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: I decided to have CL interact more with the other B.A.P members so I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D Maybe I should include a jealous Himchan too in the future. Maybe. Ha! Btw, can you guys guess what CL and Himchan got for one another? :)

Upvote, subscribe and comment! ^^ Thank you for reading and supporting! <3