Christmas Part III - From Me To You

Slowly But Surely

[CL’S POV]

Of all the four seasons, winter is, without a doubt, my favourite – especially during the Christmas period. Christmas lights filling the streets with colours, children singing Christmas carols, drinking hot chocolate by the fire, shopping for gifts, spending time with your loved ones – catching up with one another while eating great food. And the best part of it all, snow falling and covering the grounds and trees, turning every place into a playground for people of all ages. I just simply love winter for the variety of things it could offer.

I smiled widely along the way, holding on to Himchan’s hand tightly. I could see from the corner of my eyes that he seemed a bit surprised and nervous but I knew deep down, he was totally enjoying every bit of it. I sighed of relief when we finally reached a park after twenty minutes or so of walking.

“You’re taking me to a playground?” Himchan asked, sounded almost like he was making fun of me.

“What’s wrong with that? I love playgrounds,” I answered with a straight face.

“You really need to chill, my dear. Of course there’s nothing wrong with playgrounds. I love them too. I feel like I can be a kid again,” he replied as he cupped my face, pulling it closer to his and wiggled our noses together.

He really did seem to genuinely love playgrounds, though – like he did not just say that to impress me or to make me feel better. I was surprised. I was pleasantly surprised. “But why are we at a playground in the middle of a freezing winter night?” he asked again while rubbing and blowing warm air onto his palms.

“You’ll see,” I replied simply with a wink.

Most people would instantly run towards the swing when they come to a playground. But not me. Swings are just way too cliché for my liking. Well, not really. Ha! I love swings. But I love the slides better. I immediately ran towards one and climbed up the slide, leaving Himchan behind a bit bewildered. “Ya! Where do you think you’re going?” he shouted and I just giggled.

“You want to feel like a kid again?” I asked playfully from the top of the slide, “Then let’s play tag!” I challenged him, sticking my tongue out.

“Oh, game on! You’re in big trouble, missy!” he chuckled before he started running towards my direction.

Himchan caught me in a split second. Damn, that boy’s fast. But I could do faster. I immediately chased him as soon as he tagged me and little did he know, I was actually hiding a snowball in my right hand behind my back. I threw it at him when we were just inches away and I hit him right in the face. “Ya! Lee Chaerin!” he cried and I instantly ran away, laughing my off.

We spent the next half an hour running around the playground, playing tag. Himchan was the first one to give up. He plopped himself down onto a pile of snow, exhausted. I just laughed and joined him. “How did you get all that energy?” he asked when he noticed me still smiling and all energetic.

“Gotta thank Hwang Ssa Bu-nim,” I chuckled.

We just laid there in silence for a few minutes, admiring the beautiful night sky. The stars were gleaming. I then began to move my arms up and down and my feet sideways. Himchan looked at me with confused eyes. “What are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m making a snow angel, pabo!” I said.

“Oh,” he muttered and began doing the same thing.

We both then got up after a few minutes and were really happy at the end-results. Our snow angels looked perfect. Himchan then scribbled a C and an H on top and drew a heart around the letters. I giggled at his cuteness. “C for Chaerin and H for Himchan,” he exclaimed excitedly.

He then grabbed my hand and dragged me to a nearest bench. He seemed to be still a bit tired so I gave him a chance to rest and regain his energy. Suddenly, I remembered something. “Himchan,” I said nervously and he turned to look me in the eyes.

“Yes?” he asked softly.

“I found this in my room,” I took a photo out of my pocket and handed it to him.

Himchan’s eyes widened, his mouth agape. His then soft, loving eyes now turned somewhat somber. He just kept quiet, though. His eyes glued to the photo. “I guess Hyosung-shi purposely left it in my room to make me jealous,” I said monotonous.

“Are you? Are you jealous?” his question caught me off guard.

Was I jealous? I didn’t think so. I mean, I wasn’t that sure. I did feel something funny in my stomach when I saw the picture, though. Was that a sign of jealousy? I guess it was. “Chaerin-ah, answer me. Are you jealous?” he asked again, this time his eyes were looking straight into mine.

I just stared at him silently, lost in his gorgeous eyes. “Ya! Lee Chaerin! I’m talking to you!” he yelled, interrupting my thoughts.

“I’m not jealous, Channie!” I lied as I walked away grumpily.

“Liar!” he yelled again and threw a snowball directly at me and hit the back of my head.

I shrieked in pain before turning around, only to see him smirking at me. I pouted my lips, I didn’t even know why. Without realising it, Himchan suddenly came closer and held me by my waist. “You are jealous,” he said softly, still smirking, “Look, this is just a picture from the past, okay? Nothing’s going on between her and I. Not anymore. And I think you know that too. You’re my wife now and that’s all that matters,” he continued and suddenly my heart started racing in an abnormal speed.

I just kept quiet, trying to register whatever he has just said in my brain. I could feel my cheeks getting warmer, despite standing outside in the middle of a winter night. “I love you, Lee Chaerin. I really do. I know it may be too soon to say that but I really do love you,” he said again, this time he’s avoiding my eyes.

I guess he was shy. His face was as red as a tomato. I couldn’t help but to smile. He was being cute at that moment. Way too cute. I cupped his face and turned it to face me. “Hey,” I began softly, “It’s not weird. I feel the same way too,” I said coolly but deep down I was nervous as hell.

“You love me too?” he asked, a bit taken aback.

“Yes, I do. I love you, Kim Himchan. I love you with all my heart from the very first day I met you,” I replied with a smile, still cupping his face.

“Liar,” he said in disbelief.

“Why would I lie about something like this?” I frowned.

“I don’t know. Maybe cause you’re CL?” he replied with his head low.

“Hey, look at me. I’m not CL. I’m your wife, Lee Chaerin. I’ve always been Lee Chaerin whenever I’m with you, Channie and I really do love you,” I explained and a smile slowly appeared on his face.

He slowly leaned closer and pressed his lips against mine. His lips were dry but it still tasted so good. I instinctively tilted my head to deepen the kiss when suddenly snow started to fall again, breaking our kiss.  “I know you love. I just wanted to hear you say it once again, that's why I asked,” he chuckled.

That boy. Hmph! He’s really going to get it now. I pushed him away and started to make more snowballs and threw them at him violently. The game’s really on now.

***

It’s finally Christmas Eve. Himchan and CL were greeted by happy faces and great food as soon as they arrived at Himchan’s parents’ house. CL blinked her eyes repeatedly in surprise. She didn’t expect so many people to come. “I thought we’re having dinner with your parents,” CL whispered.

“Yup. And the entire Kim family. Well, our Kim family, that is,” Himchan chuckled, “Don’t be nervous. No one’s going to bite,” he added as he introduced his wife proudly to each and every relative present that night.

The ahjummas couldn’t stop complimenting CL for her good looks and sense of style. The curious teens asked her silly questions regarding an idol life and of course, other idols too. Little kids loved her, like they’re just all over her. Himchan was really amazed to see how good his wife was with kids. It made him wonder how it’s going to be like if they had their own kids in the future.

“Someone’s happy,” said a female voice, nudging Himchan with her elbow.

He was indeed happy, especially now that they have confessed their feelings to one another. Himchan was more than happy. No words could ever describe how happy he was. His eyes couldn’t stay away from his wife from the very moment they arrived at the gathering. She was just too precious to him now and he has promised himself to love and protect her with everything that he has.

“Oh, noona! Long time no see. I’ve missed you so much,” replied Himchan excitedly as he hugged her tightly.

“Missed you too, kiddo. Sorry I couldn’t make it to your wedding,” the lady said softly as she ruffled his hair rather violently.

“Noona!” he shrieked but the lady just continued annoying Himchan – ruffling his hair, poking his waist and later giving him a headlock.

“Hey,” CL suddenly interrupted the two.

Himchan immediately regained his composure, feeling a bit embarrassed, while the lady just laughed at Himchan’s cuteness. “Hi, I’m Kim Hanbyul. Himchan’s favourite noona,” the lady introduced herself, offering her hand for a handshake, “Sorry I couldn’t attend your wedding,” she added while CL just shook her hand, looking fairly confused.

“I’m sorry, this is my a-pain-in-the- noona. She’s my real noona,” explained Himchan, still trying to tidy up his disheveled hair.

CL exhaled in relief upon hearing that. She was actually kind of jealous seeing her husband being way too friendly with another woman, especially when she didn’t even know he had an older sister. ‘So is this what he felt like when he saw me with Jiyong oppa?’ CL thought to herself, while feeling her abnormally fast heartbeat.

“A pain in the ? Look who’s talking! I bet you’re giving my lovely sister-in-law here a very hard time, doesn’t he?” asked Hanbyul, now shifting her focus to CL.

“Indeed,” chuckled CL, earning herself a glare from Himchan but she just laughed it off.

“Fine, gang up on me!” Himchan pouted his lips and left the two to talk to other relatives.

“Childish, as always. I’m sorry that you have to put up with that,” said his sister jokingly.

“Nah, he’s manageable,” replied CL and the two started laughing again.

After several hours of catching up with everyone, Himchan and CL decided to head home. Everyone said their goodbyes and hugged CL like they’ve known her for ages. She couldn’t help to feel extremely happy and grateful that Himchan’s relatives welcomed her and treated her like a family. Well, she is a part of the family now.

“Go home and give me a baby,” said Himchan’s mother in a very serious yet humorous tone at the same time.

CL’s eyes widened at Mrs. Kim directness, while Himchan couldn’t stop coughing upon hearing her mother’s statement. Butterflies suddenly started to roam around CL’s stomach and she didn’t know how to react. “Omma,” Himchan finally managed to say something.

“Oh come on, you’re both adults. It’s time to have a baby,” his mother replied.

Himchan was about to say something but was interrupted by his wife. “We’ll have children when the right time comes. Who knows, maybe it’s soon?” CL replied with a smile; Himchan’s eyes got even wider, “Well, we have to go now. We’ll see you again soon,” she continued as she guided Himchan, who still seemed to be dumbfounded, into the car.

The entire ride back home was silent and awkward. Himchan couldn’t stop replaying what CL said to his mother right before they left in his head. ‘She wants to have children? With me? Soon? Does that mean she wants to…’ he blushed at his own thoughts and imagination.

***

“You’ve been really quiet, Channie,” said CL as they entered their apartment.

“I-I’m just tired,” he stuttered.

There was definitely something bothering him but CL decided to just shrug it off for now. “I’m going to change into something more comfortable then I’ll make us some snacks,” said CL and Himchan just nodded with a faint smile.

CL was already in the kitchen when Himchan got out of his room. He sat down by the counter and just stared at his busy wife. His mind couldn’t stop thinking about CL wanting to have children with him. It’s not that he didn’t want to, though. He loves kids. Maybe he was just too shocked to hear that directly from CL’s mouth. Or maybe he’s just being a man. Every man has his own needs, if you get what I mean.

Himchan suddenly got up and walked closer to CL. He s his arms around her waist and started kissing her neck. “Channie, what are you doing?” CL asked fairly surprised.

“C-Channie, stop,” she stuttered but Himchan kept on leaving light kisses on her neck, “Channie, I mean it. Stop! I’m busy here,” ordered CL with a louder voice.

Unfortunately, that didn’t stop Himchan doing whatever he was doing at that moment. Instead, he took this chance to turn his wife around to face him. CL just looked him in the eyes, confused. He smirked at her before kissing her on the lips. “C-Channie,” CL whispered as she pulled away to catch her breath, “What’s gotten into you?” she asked.

“Is it wrong to kiss my beautiful, y wife?” he smirked as he kissed her again, this time even more passionately.

CL finally gave in and put her hands around his neck. The two continued kissing in the kitchen and they were kissing hard until a doorbell suddenly interrupted their make out session. “I forgot that the boys were coming,” Himchan groaned in disappointment, “we’ll continue this later,” he winked at his wife before getting the door.

“Noonaaaaaaa,” Zelo cried happily and hugged CL tightly as soon as he entered their apartment.

CL just giggled at the makane’s adorableness. The other five boys then took their turn to hug their ‘sister-in-law’ and Himchan suddenly got all protective. “Hands off my wife,” he exclaimed but the others just laughed at him.

The boys settled themselves in the living room as CL went back to the kitchen to continue preparing their snacks. Himchan stayed in the living room, giving them a lecture about touching his wife. “Need any help?” asked Daehyun from behind, “I really cannot stand Himchan hyung’s nagging,” he continued.

“Sure. You can help me arrange these cookies into the plate and bring them over to the boys, thank you, “ replied CL with a smile.

CL and Daehyun were joking around and laughing when Himchan came in. “What did I miss?” he asked, glaring at the two.

“It’s a secret,” teased Daehyun, causing Himchan to glare at him more intensely.

“Oh God. Relax, Channie. We were just joking around. Here, help me carry these into the living room,” CL chuckled as she handed him two plates filled with different types of biscuits that she made herself.

The snacks were finally ready and CL joined the boys in the living room. Zelo dragged her to sit down next to him. “Here, it’s for you,” said the teenage boy excitedly as he gave her a neatly wrapped gift.

CL unwrapped the gift excitedly and she could see from the corner of her eyes that Himchan was glaring. “What’s this?” she asked.

“It’s a CD. I compiled all the songs that I’ve written and composed and burnt it into a CD just for you,” replied Zelo with a big smile on his face.

“You write songs?” asked Youngjae, confused.

“Of course, I do. It’s just that I never showed them to you guys,” Zelo said proudly.

“So, am I like the first one to hear your songs?” asked CL and he nodded, “Wow, I feel honoured,” she added.

The other boys then gave CL their own gifts and she was beyond happy to receive them. Jongup gave her a Rilakkuma plushie. Youngjae gave her a cute Rilakkuma phone charm. Daehyun gave her a pair of Rilakkuma socks. So far, they’re all Rilakkuma merchandise. “Are you going to give me a Rilakkuma too?” she asked Yongguk jokingly.

“Nope,” Yongguk shook his head.

CL got even more curious and started to unwrap the gift from Yongguk. It was a simple, empty, black notebook. “I know that you’re trying to write your own songs these days so I figured that you need one of those,” he chuckled.

“Thank you, Yongguk-shi. I really appreciate this. I promise I won’t waste this at all,” said CL.

“Okay, stop all the lovey dovey you two. It’s my turn now,” said Himchan, rolling his eyes as he handed his wife a small gift box.

It was wrapped really beautifully. So beautiful that CL hesitated to touch it. She opened the box and to her pleasant surprise, she saw a beautiful heart-shaped necklace. “Do you like it?” asked Himchan eagerly, “I wanted to find something that you like but Jongup here confused me with a lot of stuff. He even forced me to buy you a Rilakkuma bed sheet!” he continued, causing CL and the other boys to laugh.

“But then I saw this being displayed on the window of a jewelry store and I immediately fell in love with it like I immediately fell in love with you at Han River Park,” he chuckled and the boys made puking sounds jokingly, causing CL to giggle, “I even asked them to carve our initials on it, See?” he continued to explain and a tear suddenly escaped CL’s eyes.

“I love it, Channie. Thank you,” she said softly and prompted him to put it on for her.

CL couldn’t stop smiling looking at the necklace. She was really touched by it. “Oh, I almost forgot. I’ve got everyone something too,” she exclaimed as she got up to hand everyone their gifts.

The boys opened their boxes excitedly and were very delighted to see their very own Matoki plushies. “I made them myself,” said CL, surprising everyone.

“You made these yourself?” asked Youngjae in amazement and CL nodded.

“Wow!” exclaimed Daehyun, pleasantly surprised.

Everyone seemed to be very happy with their gifts except for Himchan. “So, I got the same thing as everyone else?” he asked in disappointment.

“Of course, not,” CL giggled and gave him another gift box.

“What’s this?” he asked happily.

“See it for yourself,” she replied and Himchan didn’t waste any time to open the box.

Himchan was slightly puzzled when he saw a scrapbook inside the box. It was pretty much empty besides the decorations. “I made this myself too. I know that you like taking pictures so I decided to make a scrapbook just for you to put all your photos and memories. It’s quite empty for now but I’ve put our wedding photo on the first page,” CL explained with a smile.

A smile slowly crept onto Himchan’s face. He was touched. He was happy. He was thankful. “Thank you, baby. I really love this. We should take more photos together in the future and put every single one of them in here,” he said happily as he pulled his wife closer for a hug.

“Okay, who’s up for a movie?” asked Zelo suddenly.

“Me!” said everyone in unison.

And so CL and the boys spent the night having a Home Alone marathon. Zelo, however, wouldn’t let go of his CL noona, making Himchan a bit jealous. Or maybe a lot. He has tried to get her attention for the last thirty minutes but to no avail. CL seemed to be having a lot of fun with the maknae. Just when Himchan wanted to sit next to her, Yongguk got in the way and started discussing about a collaboration or something. Daehyun and Youngjae then bothered CL with silly questions about the movie since they didn’t understand English that much.

“I SAID HANDS OFF MY WIFE!” Himchan finally lost it.

Everyone just looked at him with confused eyes, including CL. “Ugh,” he groaned as he grabbed CL’s hand and dragged her to sit next to him on the couch.

“She’s my wife, guys,” he said, sticking his tongue out to the boys.

They just shook their heads and laughed at his childishness. Everyone then focused on the movie and eventually, they all fell asleep on the floor. “You didn’t have to be so mean to them,” whispered CL, stifling a laugh.

“I’m sorry. I just can’t stand seeing other men touching my wife,” he replied with a slight blush on his face.

“I know,” she replied softly and gave him a peck on the lips.

“We should go to sleep too,” said Himchan and CL agreed, “Good night, baby girl,” he kissed her forehead and they slowly drifted off to sleep in each other’s embrace.

Himchan and CL were woken up by a click sound the next morning. They rubbed their eyes confusedly and saw Youngjae laughing his off on the floor. “What are you doing, Youngjae?” asked Himchan groggily.

“I just took a picture of you two sleeping,” he replied and ran off to show off his masterpiece to the others.

“What?!” Himchan screamed and began to run after the boys.

“You’ll thank me later, hyung. Trust me,” chuckled Youngjae, “Maybe you can put this in your scrapbook?” he continued and Himchan finally stopped chasing him.

“That’s actually a great idea,” he said as he grabbed the phone and ran into his room eagerly.

Youngjae looked at the other boys and shrugged. “I think he’s crazy,” he said.

“Crazily in love,” said Yongguk, looking at CL who was still half asleep.

She just gave him a faint smile and blushed. She then immediately run to her room to hide her embarrassment.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: Okay, this is probably the longest chapter so far. Haha. Sorry, guys! But I hope you enjoyed it! ^^ As usual... upvote, comment and subscribe! :D Merry Christmas, everyone! <3