Man To Man

Slowly But Surely

Himchan sat down hesitantly on a weird looking chair and scanned through the room with nervous eyes. The walls, the floor, the ceiling – everything in the room looked amazing and expensive. The exquisite collection of toys and figurines being displayed, together with the LED screens and lights illuminating the room really gave out a very cool, futuristic vibe. The room looked almost like it came out of a sci-fi movie or something – an epically cool sci-fi movie, for that matter. 

He’s seen it on TV and in photos before but never would he have imagined of actually being here. He felt really excited and nervous at the same time. He was beyond amazed. It’s kind of like a dream-come-true moment. But the important question was, why was he here in the first place? Did something bad happen to his wife? Did he do something wrong? Did people find out about their secret marriage? No, that could not be it because if it were, his company would be in chaos as well. Himchan let out a nervous sigh as thoughts came dancing through his head.

“C-Channie?” his ears perked up as he heard a familiar voice.

He looked up with a smile on his face, already knowing the source of the voice, and walked closer to hug her. “Hi, beautiful,” he greeted her happily.

“Hey,” she replied with a shy smile, “What are you doing here?”

“I called him here,” replied her manager out of nowhere, startling the couple.

Both Himchan and CL looked at the manager with puzzled eyes. What could have been the reason for 2NE1’s manager to call Himchan to YG headquarters? Whatever it was, it must be something very important and the couple couldn’t help but feel really anxious. “Yang CEO wants to see both of you. He’s waiting in his office so you two better head up now,” said the manager again.

“Ya-Ya-Yang CEO w-w-wants to s-see m-me?” Himchan gulped, his eyes widened as they stepped into the elevator.

Himchan couldn’t stop pacing back and forth nervously in the elevator. Both his hands and feet were shaking. CL could only giggle at her cute, nervous husband. Of course, she was nervous too but facing YG was something she has gotten used to over the years so the nervous feeling wasn’t as bad as her first meeting with the man. Himchan, on another hand… well, this was his first time seeing the big boss – someone who’s famous for being strict and protective of his artists, someone who’s feared by many in the Korean entertainment industry.

Himchan took a long, deep breath before stepping out of the elevator. CL took his hand and held it tightly. “Relax, baby. Everything’s going to be okay,” she said softly before giving him a soft peck on the lips.

“Relax? Do you think I can relax now? Y-Yang CEO seems so scary, I really don’t know how any of you guys could face him with a straight face,” he replied with a nervous voice.

“Am I really that scary?” asked a male voice from behind.

Both CL and Himchan froze on their feet. They didn’t even dare to turn around, knowing exactly whose voice it was. Himchan’s heart was pounding crazily at that moment. “Himchan-shi,” said YG once again as he rested one of his hands on Himchan’s shoulder, “I’ve heard a lot about you and I was really looking forward to seeing you today. Come in, I don’t bite,” he continued with the most calm yet still very scary tone.

The couple sat down on the long couch as YG stood by the large, glass window, staring out. Himchan couldn’t stop fidgeting in his seat causing his wife to let out countless sighs. She tried to help him calm down but to no avail. There was only silence in the room for several minutes, making the atmosphere even more tense.

“So,” YG cleared his throat, finally breaking the silence, “How’s married life?” he asked, still staring out the window.

“It’s tough but amazing,” replied CL with a smile.

“Is that so, Himchan-shi?” asked YG again, now staring at the guy intently.

Himchan wanted to tell him that marrying CL was one of the best decisions he has ever made, that he was beyond happy to have such a beautiful and amazing wife, that he was blessed to have finally found his soul mate, that he loves her more than anything, that he would protect her with his life. He wanted to say a lot of things but somehow he just couldn’t bring himself to speak. His mouth was dry and his hands were trembling. So Himchan just nodded his head like an idiot.

A smile, surprisingly, crept across YG’s face and he didn’t even notice it. He really wanted to maintain his cold and hard façade but he just couldn’t – not when he could see the sincerity and affection in Himchan’s eyes. CL’s one of the few female artists in the company and he loved her like his own daughter. Thus, knowing that she has married someone who genuinely loved and cared for her really made him feel happy inside. And thankful, too.

“Your husband is cute,” he chuckled.

Both CL and Himchan looked at the old man with wide eyes, rather flabbergasted. Cute? Really? Did YG really call someone – A GUY – cute? “Come, follow me,” he instructed and the couple just followed him without question as their minds still couldn’t quite comprehend what just happened a few seconds ago.

The elevator ride up was painfully slow and silent. No one dared to say a single word. After what seemed like a lifetime, the elevator finally stopped. Just when the door was about to open, YG turned and locked eyes with Himchan, who was still trembling inside. Unlike his usual cold, charismatic aura though, there was softness in his eyes, and that made Himchan feel a bit more relaxed.

“Himchan-shi,” YG said rather softly, “I could see that you’re a really great guy. Chaerin, here, is someone whom I love and cherish as one of my daughters. She may seem tough on the outside but she’s really feminine and soft in the inside. I don’t expect you to be a good husband all the time, no. That’s just impossible, no one’s perfect and people make mistakes. But promise me that you will try your best to protect her and show her all the love and care that she deserves.”

A tear slowly slipped from CL’s eye upon hearing that. Yes, she has always known that YG loves and cares for all his artists but she has never expected him to open up and show this fatherly side of his to her – to anyone at all, for that matter. This was just wasn’t YG at all. But still, she was really thankful that he did what he did. It just made her even more driven to do her best and make him proud.

“I know I am nowhere near a perfect husband but I can promise you one thing, I will love her with all my heart and I will try my very best to protect her for as long as I am breathing. This marriage may be arranged but there was never a time that I regretted my decision of marrying her. Somehow I could feel that she was the one for me, my soul mate. I love her, Yang Hyung Suk-shi. I really do,” Himchan replied with his head held up, confident and proud that he has confessed all his feelings to one of the most feared men in South Korea and in front of his one and only love – his wife.

“That’s good to hear,” said YG with a fatherly smile as he patted Himchan’s shoulder, “You’re in good hands here I see, Chaerinnie. What I’ve heard was not wrong at all, he is indeed a great man. Now, let’s not keep the others waiting any longer,” he continued and guided the couple towards the rooftop garden.

CL’s face was flushed red at that moment and she couldn’t erase that stupid smile on her face. Her heart was tingling and her stomach was doing flips. And once again, the couple didn’t bother questioning YG’s intention and just followed him wherever he was taking them. After a few more steps forward, CL gasped and her eyes widened in shock and excitement. Himchan looked at his wife before turning his gaze, following her eyes’ direction.

“SURPRISE!” everyone shouted, throwing confetti and blowing party horns.

“Wedding gift,” chuckled YG, “Go ahead and enjoy, you young lovebirds,” he added before leaving the youngsters with a big grin on his face.

 “Chaerinnie~” said Bom in a singsong tune as she ran towards the couple and gave them a big hug.

Dara and Minzy followed right after and gave them a group hug. “What’s this all about?” asked CL, curious.

“Well, we kind of felt bad that you two had to spent your birthdays away from each other so we decided to hold a surprise party especially for the both of you,” Dara replied happily.

“Yeah, and the guys helped a lot too,” added Minzy.

“Guys? What guys?” asked Himchan, raising one eyebrow.

“Us,” said a deep voice.

Himchan and CL looked around and there they were – Yongguk, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo – coming out from a secluded corner of the garden with big smiles on their faces. “Ya! What are you guys doing here?” asked Himchan, rather surprised.

“Is that how you greet people who did all this for you, hyung?” Daehyun pretended to cry, causing everyone to laugh.

“Just like what Dara noona said,” Yongguk paused and blinked his eyes as he stared at the said woman, rather impressed with what he was seeing.

“Ya! Bang Yongguk! Get your together,” cried Himchan, breaking his train of thoughts.

“Right. Just as Dara noona said, we helped plan this surprise birthday party so be thankful, you ungrateful ,” Yongguk finally finished his sentence, trying his best to keep his cool.

Everyone laughed at his adorableness, causing him to give out his deadliest glare. “Yongguk hyung has been eyeing on Dara noona since we got here,” teased Youngjae.

“I did not,” the leader retorted, smacking Youngjae’s head pretty hard.

“Oh yes, you did,” said Zelo innocently and Yongguk just heaved a sigh, not knowing what exactly to do.

It was true. Yongguk couldn’t seem to get his eyes off of Dara from the moment he stepped into the building. He has always said on interviews that he liked simple women, who look nice just in t-shirts, jeans and sneakers. Well, who could have been more prettier in that than Dara? And after getting to know more about her throughout the party planning period, he found himself to be drawn more into her personality.

“Stop it, guys. You’re making him blush,” chuckled Dara, causing Yongguk to blush for real.

Daehyun and Youngjae continued teasing their leader while everyone laughed their hearts out at the hilarious scene. Although they have only met a few times, 2NE1 and B.A.P seemed to ‘click’ and get along pretty well. CL and Himchan then greeted and thanked everyone that came – WINNER, trainees, YG Dancers – almost everyone was here.

“So, how is our Chaerinnie like? She’s cute isn’t she? And her cooking! Oh my God, I miss her cooking! Did she snore? She did, didn’t she?” Bom bombarded Himchan with silly questions, leaving him quite flustered.

“Eonnie, you’re scaring Himchan oppa,” said Minzy, shaking her head.

“That’s okay,” chuckled Himchan.

“See, he said it’s okay! I’m not scaring him,” Bom stuck her tongue out to the maknae, who just sighed in surrender.

On the other hand, CL was preoccupied with B.A.P’s maknae line. Jongup and Zelo were having an argument on who the best dancing machine was and they ended up making CL as the judge of their silly dance battle. “Guys, both of you are great. No one’s better than another. You both have different styles so I can’t really pick who’s better,” she sighed.

“What are you two doing to my wife?” asked Himchan out of the blue and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Hey,” she greeted him with a smile and Himchan gave her a soft peck on the cheek, “They’re just being dorks,” she chuckled.

Jongup and Zelo were about to argue once again when Youngjae came. “Noona, Hyerin wants to talk to you,” he panted.

“Hyerin?” she asked with a raised eyebrow and took the phone from his hand hesitantly, “Hello?”

“Eonnieeeeeee, I miss youuuuuuuuu~” said the girl rather loudly causing CL to pull the phone away from her ear.

“Ya! Why are you calling Youngjae’s number? How did you guys even have each other’s numbers? Are you two dating?” asked CL.

“NO!” cried Hyerin and Youngjae in unison, causing everyone to laugh – well, except for CL.

She was glaring at Youngjae the whole time she was talking on the phone with her little sister. It’s not like she hated the boy, though. She was just being a protective older sister. “Okay, bye baby. Talk to you soon,” CL said before giving the phone back to Youngjae, “And you, I’ll kill you if you hurt my baby Hyerin,” she added with a frown.

“I promise I won’t ever hurt her, noonim,” replied Youngjae politely and nervously as he bowed repeatedly.

“What’s happening here? Did you finally tell her about you and Hyerin?” interrupted Yongguk.

“Hyung!” cried Youngjae, elbowing the leader, “We’re not official yet. And what about you? Have you confessed to Dara noona yet?” the younger got his revenge, causing the older to give him his death glare once again and ran after him with all his might.

“Silly dorks,” exclaimed Himchan as he hugged his wife tightly.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update, guys. I wanted to update sooner but I was down with a flu. I still am, actually. Huhu. Anyways, I hope you uys enjoyed this chapter! More drama coming soon! XD Upvote, subscribe and comment~ ^^