YG's Approval

Slowly But Surely

A week has past and there was still no news from Himchan or her parents. CL was not expecting much from him, though. To be quite honest, she could have already felt that Himchan was going to say no. As hard as she tried not to think about it, she could not help but to feel slightly nervous. The waiting, somehow, has driven her to the brink of madness and the funny thing was… she did not even realise that she was acting a little strange throughout the whole week.

“Eonnie, your phone has been ringing non-stop! It’s driving me crazy!” Minzy whined as she handed CL her phone with a very irritated face.

“Geez, thank you, Minzy. Thank you.” CL replied with a sarcastic tone and rolled her eyes.

CL took the phone from Minzy’s hand and went outside to find a quieter place. The phone, however, did not stop ringing. ‘Oh God, whoever it is, he or she surely is not a quitter!’ CL thought, rolling her eyes, and stomped her way into the famous YG cafeteria. Fortunately, no one was there. She took a seat, and finally looked at the screen of her phone. It was Himchan. And suddenly, her heart started beating faster.

“Hello?” she answered the phone nervously.

“Hey. Been trying to call you since morning.” Himchan replied, with a very soft voice.

“Oh, sorry. We had practice all day long. What’s up?” CL asked calmly, regaining her composure.

“I said yes.” Himchan simply said and then there was silent for one long minute. “CL-shi? Are you still there?” he asked, slightly panicking.

“Uh, yeah. I-I was just-” stuttered CL, still not believing what she has just heard.

“I said yes. I’ve agreed to marry you. I thought that you should hear it from me first before anyone else.” he explained and once again, CL remained silent.

“There you are!” the manager suddenly came from out of nowhere. “Yang CEO wants to talk to you.” said the manager but CL only looked at him with a blank expression. “Now!” he added with a very stern voice.

CL finally got back to her senses and shook her head. “Himchan-shi, I’m afraid I have to go now. Our boss wants to talk to me. I’ll call you again later. And oh, thank you for telling me first.” she said before hanging up the phone.

***

“So? What did she say?” Zelo asked as he looked at Himchan with his puppy eyes.

Himchan blinked my eyes a few times in confusion. “I-I think she just hung up on me.” he stuttered, still staring blankly at his phone screen.

Himchan was a bit confused. He thought that CL would like it if he told her about it himself. However, with CL hanging up so abruptly like that kind of made him to think twice about what he just did. “Sooooo?” Zelo kept annoying him with the same question over and over again, even the other members started to get a bit annoyed by him.

“I don’t know okay! She said that her boss wanted to talk to her and that she’d call me again later. A-and…” Himchan paused at the last sentence as he raised one eyebrow to think.

“And what?!” shouted Zelo as he jumped up to stand on his feet.

“And she said thank you for telling her first.” Himchan replied, still a bit confused.

Yongguk chuckled, resulting in Himchan giving him his most deadly glare. Yongguk chuckled once again before getting up and brushing some invisible dirt off of his . “That’s a good sign, my friend. No need to worry too much.” he said while tapping Himchan’s shoulder lightly.

Himchan just lied down on the floor of their practice studio and covered his eyes with his arm. He was tired – mentally and physically. He was confused. He has already done what he needed to do, which was telling CL about his decision himself, and no matter what the outcome would be, he did not regret doing what he did. This was, most probably, the craziest yet the bravest thing he has ever done in his entire life and now, he just wanted to rest his eyes, his body and his mind even just for a while.

Unfortunately for Himchan, his rest did not last that long. “Ya! Kim Himchan!” a girl suddenly barged into their practice room and shouted on top of her lungs, scaring everyone.

Himchan rubbed his eyes and lifted his face trying to get a glimpse of the girl. “Hyosung noona, why are you screaming like that?” he asked with a tired voice.

“Is it true? Is it true that you’re getting married?” she asked angrily with her arms crossed.

Himchan finally got up and walked towards the other boys, totally ignoring Hyosung. She shouted his name once again and this time, it really got to Himchan’s nerves. “Noona! If you want to ask me something, ask nicely! And what do you care if I really am getting married?” he replied angrily, leaving Hyosung a bit startled.

She really did not expect him to react that way. Himchan has always been nice to her. He has never raised his voice to anyone even when he’s angry or upset. Not only Hyosung, but also all his band mates were very shocked to see this side of him. “Calm down. She was just asking you a question.” Yongguk interrupted.

“Well she didn’t have to shout!” Himchan rolled his eyes as he grabbed his jacket and left the room hurriedly.

Yongguk just sighed hopelessly. A part of him felt really guilty about it. He kind of knew that this was coming, but he just would not dare to bring it up. Well, he did not know how.

***

CL walked slowly behind her manager, feeling a bit nervous. Her heart started to beat faster and faster as they were approaching YG’s office. It has not always been a good a sign whenever YG calls anyone to his office. It’s usually either because he’s not satisfied with something or because someone has done something terribly wrong. The last time 2NE1 has ever set their feet in his office was when they made a huge mistake on a live broadcast and man, the fifteen-minute long lecture surely felt like fifteen years.

At last, they have reached the door to his office. “Go on, they’re all waiting for you.” said the manager softly.

CL nodded and took a long, deep breath. Slowly, she opened the door. “Annyeonghaseyo.” she bowed politely as she entered the room.

She did not realise it at first, but her parents were also there. CL’s eyes suddenly grew bigger when she saw them sitting in front of YG. It took her a few seconds to finally realise what this was all about. “Come, sit down with your parents.” said YG rather nicely.

CL sat next to her mother and she gave her a what-are-you-doing-here-and-what-did-you-tell-him look. YG then cleared his throat and everyone’s attention now has shifted to him. CL just looked at him with nervous eyes. “So, your parents have told me everything.” he said with his famous expressionless face. “I heard that both sides have agreed but I really want to know what you’ve got to say on this.” he continued.

CL may be the baddest female but in front of YG, she was just like a regular schoolgirl being questioned by her school principal. She was very nervous to the point that she was sweating all over her body. “Like you said, both sides have agreed.” she replied, avoiding any eye contact with YG.

“Are you sure if that’s what you really want? Are you sure you’re not doing this just because your parents asked you too?” asked YG again, this time with a more fatherly voice.

CL’s nervousness suddenly disappeared. She noticed from his tone that YG was not actually mad at her or anything. He was just being concerned. He was just trying to protect her from doing anything that she did not want to do. Well, he’s called Papa YG for a reason after all. He cares for his artists just like he cares for his own children.

“Yes. I know you’re worried about me and the other 2NE1 members. I am too. But I’ve given this a lot of thoughts. This may sound a bit crazy to you or to anyone for that matter, but somehow I could feel that this is a right decision to make. And I won’t regret it. I know it’s not going to be an easy road, so I hope that I will have your blessings and I hope that you will help guide me through it.” CL explained with a very sincere voice and quite frankly, YG was a bit shocked to hear her response.

“Okay. I respect your decision and I hope you really won’t regret it. You’re a grown woman now and you’ve come a really long way. You deserve to be happy. I’ve heard a lot about the man and he seems to be a very nice person too. I think you two would make a really great couple.” he replied while giving CL his I-am-a-proud-papa look. “Just call me if he ever did something bad to you. I’ll kill him!” he added causing everyone in the room to laugh at his cuteness.

“Thank you.” CL replied happily and hugged her mom tightly.

CL then left the room, leaving her parents and YG behind to continue with their grown-ups conversation. She skipped her way back to the practice room joyfully, with a very big smile on her face. She was indeed very happy.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: So far, everything is going smooth for Himchan and CL. Well, maybe not for long. ;p