Moving In

Slowly But Surely

Himchan smiled as he fiddled with the wedding ring on his finger. He’s a married man now and he still couldn’t believe it. Everything just seemed so surreal. “Wow.” he mumbled under his breath, still looking at his ring with a weak smile on his face.

“Ahem!” Daehyun cleared his throat, interrupting Himchan’s train of thoughts. “So… you’re moving today, huh?” he asked the still surprised Himchan. “Hyung! Are you even listening to me?” Daehyun asked again as he waved both his hands in front of Himchan’s face to get his attention.

“Uh… Oh, yeah. That. Yeah.” Himchan finally got back to his senses and continued packing his stuff.

Himchan and CL have been married for almost two weeks now but due to their busy schedules, they haven’t really got the chance to move in to their new apartment that their parents have bought for them as a wedding gift just yet. Heck, they haven’t really spent any time together ever since their wedding day.

“Is CL noona moving in today too?” asked Zelo from the door, with Jongup on his right.

“I don’t think so. They’re in Singapore right now for their world tour and she’ll only be back in two days. And I don’t think she would even stay here for long because they’ll be heading to the States again next week.” Jongup answered, surprising everyone.

“What are you a 2NE1 manager or something? How did you know all these things?” asked Yongguk with a very surprised look on his face. “And you, isn’t it too early to call her noona?” he then turned to Zelo with a glare.

“You know him. He’s a 2NE1 fanboy!” interrupted Youngjae as he squeezed his way in between Jongup and Zelo “He’s a stalker!” he said again before helping Himchan with some packing.

“I am not!” cried Jongup, pouting his lips cutely at his hyungs.

“And no, it’s not too early. She asked me to call her noona herself! She said that we could be homies! And she said I’m a very good rapper!” Zelo said proudly.

“Dorks!” teased Daehyun as he captured Jongup and Zelo in a headlock.

While everyone was laughing at the maknae line’s cuteness, Himchan was somehow still preoccupied with packing the remaining of his things. He did not seem to be bothered by whatever Jongup or the other members were doing. His mind was distracted. His mind was somewhere else. His mind was on… CL.

“Nervous?” asked Yongguk as he elbowed Himchan’s arm lightly.

Himchan looked at him with confused eyes before he nodded his head. Getting married was a big step for them, but moving in together was on a whole different level. He did not know a thing about CL, other than all the things available on the Internet. And only God knows if any of those facts were real or fake.

Yes, they have met a few times. Yes, they have exchanged text messages and calls every now and then. Yet, they were both practically still strangers to each other. Himchan was nervous. He really did not know what to expect. Would their personalities match? Would they be able to tolerate each other’s flaws? Would they be able to connect? Only time would tell.

“I’m sure everything’s going to be fine. You need to stop worrying too much and loosen up a bit!” Yongguk shook Himchan’s shoulder playfully to cheer him up.

***

[CL’S POV]

People say that autumn is the perfect season to fall in love. The weather is sunny and bright, yet still very cool. It’s the kind of weather to snuggle up and watch the sun set with your other half, taking a romantic stroll or having a picnic at a park while enjoying the beauty of nature – the brown and gold leaves on the ground, the cool autumn breeze. Pretty much everything about this season invites romance and affection.

Like most people, I have always dreamt of experiencing such moments myself. Who wouldn’t want to fall in love? Who wouldn’t want to spend some romantic time with their loved ones? Who wouldn’t want to be loved and pampered by your partner? Nobody. Unfortunately for me, though, I have gotten married with a man that I barely knew instead of falling in love with my dream guy during this season.

‘Will I ever fall in love with Himchan? Will he ever fall in love with me? Will he even like me as a person and not as CL?’ I sighed at my own thoughts.

“Chaerin-ah, are you sure you still want to go straight to your new apartment? It’s kind of late.” asked our manager with concerned eyes.

“Yes.” I simply replied.

The other 2NE1 members and I have just arrived in Seoul and it’s already very late. Everyone was exhausted including myself. But I thought that I should just head straight towards the new apartment while I still felt like it because I knew that I might change my mind again or have a panic attack or something if I dragged this for too long.

It was already 3:00 a.m. when I reached the apartment. It was very quiet. I looked around and I could see there were some boxes in the living room. They were probably Himchan’s. I then walked towards the kitchen and it was, surprisingly, very lovely. The space was not that big but it was just nice. After fifteen minutes or so wondering around the apartment, I decided to carry some of my stuff into the bedroom.

It was a two-bedroom apartment so I picked the one at the very end, and thankfully, there was no sign, which indicated that Himchan has already been there. And in case you’re wondering… Yes, we’re not sleeping in the same room just yet. Himchan and I have decided to give us more time to get to know one another before moving on to the next step. We’re taking things slowly.

Although I was really tired, I somehow just couldn’t fall asleep. A part of me was very nervous about this moving-in-together thing, but another part of me was also a little excited. I sat down by the edge of the bed and looked around the room for a couple minutes before unpacking some of my things. I kind of have guessed that I wouldn’t be sleeping at all tonight.

***

[HIMCHAN’S POV]

I woke up this morning to someone cooking breakfast and it smelt really good. I opened one of my eyes and started looking around. Then I saw boxes on the ground, some unpacked and some only half-unpacked. And then it hit me. I just moved in and I have been here all alone for the past couple of nights.

‘If I’m here alone then where does that delicious smell come from? Who on earth could be cooking in my kitchen this early in the morning? Am I being robbed?’ I started to panic mentally and physically. I immediately got out of bed and slowly opened the door. I tiptoed my way towards the kitchen door, not wanting to scare whoever it was invading my kitchen.

The smell was getting stronger as I got closer to the kitchen. And damn, it really smelt so good that I was mentally salivating. Whoever it was, he or she must be a really good cook. “Freeze!” I shouted as I pointed my thumb and index finger like a gun.

And the next thing I knew, a lady was screaming like crazy with a spatula on one hand and a frying pan on another. “Himchan-shi! Are you crazy? Put on some clothes will you?!” she screamed while covering her face with the pan.

Only then I realised that it was actually CL and only then I realised that I was only wearing my boxers. ‘OH. MY. GOD.’ I screamed mentally and ran back into my room as fast as I could. ‘That. Was. Very. Embarrassing. Great job, Himchan. Great job. How could I even go back out there and face her after all that has happened? No, there’s no way that I could face her ever again!’ I panicked and started to walk aimlessly in my room.

Then I heard a knock on my door. “Breakfast is ready. You better come out before it gets cold.” she said.

As much as I didn’t want to go out, I knew very well that I couldn’t avoid this forever. I took a deep breath before opening my door slowly. I went into the kitchen with a very nervous heart and a reddened face. And there she was… sitting by the kitchen table, greeting me with a beautiful smile on her face. “Good morning.” She greeted me happily.

‘Did she forget everything? I’m pretty sure she didn’t. Maybe she’s just being nice.’ I thought to myself as I sat down in front of her. There was an awkward silence for a while. We were both too focused on eating our breakfast. Maybe she was still embarrassed herself. “When did you get here?” I tried to break the awkwardness between us.

“This morning. At 3:00 a.m. to be exact.” she replied, still focusing on her food.

“You seem really tired.” I said out of concern.

Well, I was genuinely concerned about her. She looked rather weak and pale. She looked like she hasn’t slept for days. “Yeah. It’s been a tiring weak but it’s all good. I’m sure you know how it feels.” she said, this time with a slight smile on her face.

And then the room became silent again. I wanted to say something but I just didn’t know what to talk about. Honestly, I kind of wanted her to initiate the conversation this time but it didn’t happen. “If you’re done, just leave everything in the sink. I’ll help you with the dishes.” I suggested.

CL looked a bit surprised when I offered to help her. She just looked at me for a while with a blank expression. “That’s okay. I can do it. You must be really busy today, aren’t you?” she asked as she got up to wash all the dishes.

“No, I insist. Let me help. You don’t look so good. You need to get some sleep.” I said again and finally managed to convince her after a few times.

“Thank you. I appreciate that a lot.” she sighed.

“No, thank you. Breakfast was yummy.” I replied with a big smile on my face and she started to smile widely too.

And then it happened once again – my heart was racing like crazy. I could not help but to wonder if she was feeling the same way too. ‘What’s happening to you Kim Himchan? Why is your heart beating so fast? Could you be falling for her already?’ I smiled to myself like an idiot.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: Here's a cute chapter for everyone! Let's just say that this is the calm before the storm, if you get what I mean. Haha. And yes, I decided to skip the wedding. You'll know why soon. :) Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Upvote, subscribe and comment! Thank you! ^^