Surprises

Slowly But Surely

“Why do I have to put this on?” CL stared at the blindfold that Himchan has given her with an annoyed expression.

Himchan sighed, his eyes fixed on the road ahead of him. He has been trying to convince her to put the blindfold on for the past fifteen minutes or so but it was to no avail, much to his disappointment. Did she not know the meaning of the word surprise? Impossible.

“Just put it on and stop complaining, or you won’t get the surprise at all.”

CL snapped her head towards him, frowning. Did he just threaten her? That’s so not Himchan at all. He had barely ever done that, and when he did, it was mostly just a joke. But this time, it’s rather different. From the tone of his voice, she knew that he wasn’t joking at all; he meant every word that he said. Huffing a sigh, she slowly put the piece of cloth over her eyes and around her head, and tied it.

“That’s my girl,” Himchan smiled, satisfied, “Just sit back and relax. We’ll be there in a short while.”

True to his words, they finally arrived at their destination not more than ten minutes later. Judging by the fact that the journey only took a little over half an hour, CL guessed that the place shouldn’t be that far away. They’re probably still in Seoul. But the question was, where exactly in Seoul? She tried to recall back whether or not she has spotted any familiar sights along the way, but before she could even remember anything, she was interrupted by Himchan’s chirpy voice, “Baby, we’re here.”

“Well, duh.”

“You’ve been so grumpy these past few days,” Himchan chuckled, shaking his head, “Give me your hand so I can be your eyes instead.”

“Cheesy.”

CL placed her right hand into his big one nonetheless, which he then held onto firmly as he gently guided her to walk. Not knowing anything and being unable to see kind of made her feel quite nervous that she stepped forward bit by bit, almost agonizingly too slow to Himchan’s liking. Unlike her, he’s super duper excited. Himchan had waited for so long for this time to come.

“Don’t worry, baby, I got you. I won’t let you trip.”

After what felt like an eternity, the two finally stopped. Himchan swiftly positioned himself behind her, holding her by her waist. “Are you ready?” his whisper tickled her ear.

CL could only nod as her heart beat a thousand times faster in both excitement and anticipation. He slowly untied the blindfold, carefully peeling it from her eyes. She blinked a few times to clear her vision, and soon gasped in delight upon seeing the two-storey, white house in front of her.

“Surprise!” exclaimed Himchan excitedly.

CL’s jaws literally dropped, her eyes widened beyond their normal size. The house wasn’t that large but it’s definitely beautiful beyond words. It kind of had that vintage English feel to it which was very nice and heart-warming. The front porch was decorated with pink and yellow daisies; the bright colours complemented the plain white paint of the walls perfectly. And there were also cute, little stone pavements leading to the front door.

“I-Is this-”

“It’s ours,” Himchan finished her sentence as he hugged her tightly from behind, resting his chin comfortably on her left shoulder, “It’s always been a dream of mine to build a house for my own family once I got married. So… ta-dah! I hope you like it.”

“Like it? Channie, I love it! This is just… I’m so touched and… and happy.”

“Glad to hear that,” he beamed, “Would you like to see the inside?”

Without muttering a word, CL nodded her head excitedly making her husband giggled in glee. He grabbed her hand and held it tightly as they skipped merrily into the house. Her jaws dropped yet again as soon as they walked into the high ceiling hallway. The shiny, wooden floor complimented the cream painted walls perfectly, maintaining the vintage vibe at the same time. What caught her attention the most though, was the semi-spiral staircase that went up elegantly to the second floor, with a crystal chandelier hanging over it.

The sight in front of her was stunning, she couldn’t wait to see the rest of the house. To her delight, Himchan somehow read her mind and dragged her around the house with much enthusiasm, first to the elegant yet cozy living room, then to the sleek and spacious kitchen, and then to their restful yet romantic bedroom on the second floor. Everything was unbelievably beautiful. She loved how the modern and traditional elements mixed together really well. But Himchan’s surprise wasn’t over just yet.

“Come baby, I have another surprise for you,” without waiting for her reply, Himchan grabbed her hand and once again dragged her eagerly out of their bedroom.

“C-Chanie, a pregnant woman here.”

“Oops, sorry. I guess I was just too excited,” he smiled sheepishly as they stopped in front of a door.

“This room means a lot to me and I really worked hard to make it as beautiful as possible,” said Himchan with a happy grin as he held his wife’s hands tightly, “I really can’t wait for you to see it but first, I want you to close your eyes.”

“Again?!”

“Yes, again. Now close your eyes or I’ll lock this room forever and you won’t be able to see it ever.”

“Geez, you really like to threaten people lately, huh?”

Himchan just chuckled as CL rolled her eyes before reluctantly closing them. What could have been so special about the room that he wanted her to close her eyes? She really didn’t know, but she’s definitely going to find out. Himchan slowly opened the door and took her hands in his before carefully pulling her inside. What she immediately noticed once they got in was the soft carpet underneath their feet, unlike the other tiled rooms.

“You can open your eyes now.”

Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked around. A smile immediately appeared on her face as happiness filled her heart. Now she knew why this room was extra special to Himchan, it’s the nursery room. For their twins. They have always talked about converting her old bedroom into a nursery but never would she expect this. And the fact that Himchan did everything himself – from painting the walls to decorating the room – made it even more special.

One thing that really stood out however was the cartoons on the walls. They seemed familiar, very familiar, and her suspicion was confirmed when Himchan said, “Those are the characters you’ve drawn.”

“B-but I’ve never shown them to people, h-how did you get it?”

“Well, some from your father, some… I kind of collected the tissue papers that you’ve thrown away,” he replied coolly while CL eyed him with a question mark in her face.

“What? Do you really think I would ever let all those drawings go to waste? Na-uh.”

CL just giggled. She was speechless. She really didn’t expect Himchan would do all of this for her, for them, for their family. It’s sweet, it’s touching, it’s what every woman could ever dream of. To Himchan’s surprise, she suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer and kissed him – soft and sweet, so full of love and gratefulness. He couldn’t help but smile through the kiss. He’s so happy, they’re so happy.

“I love you, Channie. And thank you,” CL smiled shyly.

“I love you too, baby girl.”

They just stayed like that for a while. The world around them seemed to stop as they enjoyed being in each other’s embrace, not muttering any word and just gazing into each other’s eyes lovingly.

“Do you remember when we first met?” asked Himchan suddenly.

“You mean, at the restaurant?”

For some reason, the smile on Himchan’s face suddenly turned into a pout, “You really don’t remember?”

CL just kept quiet, she was confused. As far as she’s concerned, the first time they met was at the restaurant, with their parents, the night they’re discussing their marriage. She tried to think hard to recall whether or not they have met anywhere else before that, but unfortunately, she couldn’t. Himchan noticed the confused expression on her face and laughed, startling her.

“Why are you laughing?”

“We actually first met at your waiting room at a music show, during our debut period. As a rookie group, B.A.P went from one waiting room to another to greet our seniors, and one of them was 2NE1. Don’t you remember?”

To be quite honest, she really didn’t remember anything. It’s not like she’s being a cocky sunbae or anything, but there were just too many rookie groups visiting and greeting them over the years that she couldn’t keep a track. CL somehow felt really bad, not only for B.A.P but also for the other groups. She made a mental note to pay more attention on the rookie groups in the future. Besides, they’re one of the respected seniors and so, they need to be a good example to the younger generation, right?

“I-I do,” she lied.

Himchan chuckled once again as he cupped her cheeks, squishing them lightly. “No, you don’t.”

“Channie~”

“Sorry, you’re being too cute, I couldn’t help it,” he giggled shyly, “Anyways, back to my story. So B.A.P went to visit 2NE1’s waiting room. It was kind of a last minute decision. We were actually scared to see you guys because you know, 2NE1 has this intimidating aura on stage so we weren’t really sure on how to greet you.”

“We are not that scary in person, though.”

“I know that now. If only I knew earlier, I would have asked you out myself.”

Both CL and Himchan laughed as they reminisced the past. Could things have happened differently if they were dating back then? Could they have gotten married if their parents didn’t arrange it? Could they have loved each other more than they do now? They really wouldn’t know.

“So, why the sudden bring up of the topic?” CL asked, eyeing him questioningly.

“I’m not finished yet,” he shushed her with his index finger, “So, when your manager opened the door after we knocked, the first thing I saw was you sleeping on the couch with your mouth open.”

Himchan couldn’t hold in his laughter as the image of her from then appeared in his head. CL, rather annoyed and embarrassed, hit his chest quite roughly causing him to yelp in pain. “If it made you feel any better, you looked really cute back then. Seriously, though. As a matter of fact, I kind of had a little crush on you after that day.”

“Cute?! I slept with my mouth open and you called that cute? That’s ridiculous! I might have looked really ugly! Oh my God, that’s so embarrassing!”

“Believe what you want, I was telling you the truth.”

“You’re weird, Channie.”

“No, I was just blinded by love,” he declared dramatically.

“Pssh, the cheeseball again.”

Himchan tightened his embrace and nuzzled their noses together; his smile was as wide as ever. He was actually telling her the truth. He really did find her cute, and he really did have a crush on her even though they have only met once. That’s actually one of the reasons why he agreed to marry her in the first place but he never really told anyone about it. None of the BA.P members even knew of his secret crush on the baddest female.

Unlike other girl group members, who seemed to always be conscious about their looks and appearance, who acted all shy and girly in front of boy groups, CL seemed pretty normal. She didn’t really care of what others think about her, be it girl groups or boy groups. She acted normally in front of them, she acted herself. Himchan was attracted to that trait of hers. She’s honest and she wasn’t fake.  

“I know that we’re already married but we did it because of our parents,” Himchan suddenly spoke, breaking the comfortable silence, before kneeling on one knee in front of his wife.

“C-Channie, what are you doing?” CL gasped, her heart gradually beating faster and faster.

Smiling from ear to ear, Himchan slowly took out a pair of rings from his pocket and said, “I love you, baby. I love you with all my heart and soul, and today I want to propose to you the way it should have been. So, will you, Lee Chaerin, do the honour and marry me once again?”

Speechless, CL stood frozen on her feet as tears started to pool in her eyes – happy tears. She was happy, extremely happy, and she didn’t hesitate even for a second when she screamed, “YES!”

Completely forgetting about the rings in his hands, Himchan immediately jumped and hugged his wife instead. Just like CL, he was out-of-the-world happy. This has always been one of his biggest dreams – proposing to the woman he loves in the very house that he built. They were too happy that tears unconsciously poured out of their eyes. Himchan tightened his grip around her and that’s when something really magical happened.

“What was that?” Himchan asked as he immediately pulled away, his eyes widened in shock.

“Our babies,” CL giggled.

“D-Did they just-just kick?”

CL nodded her head, smiling happily, “I guess our babies are happy too.”

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: In case you didn't know, Himchan actually mentioned about building a house for his loved one in The Star interview with Yongguk. That's where I got the inspiration from for this chapter. Hee hee. He's really sweet, right? RIGHT? :D Haha! I hope you liked this chapter. There's oly one more chapter left. Huhu. :( Thank you all for your love and support! It's been a long yet happy journey. I hope I'll see you guys again on my other fanfic(s) in the future! ^^ Love ya! Upvote, subscribe and comment~