Torture

Slowly But Surely

CL fiddled with her phone anxiously while waiting for her turn for a photoshoot. She has been awfully quiet ever since Himchan left and it’s starting to worry the other girls a bit. Both Dara and Bom have tried talking to her but her answer remained the same – I’m okay. It was, however, really obvious on her face that she was nowhere near okay.

“He hasn’t contacted you yet?” asked Dara out of concern and CL just shook her head, her eyes glued to her phone, “When is he coming home?” Dara asked again.

“In three days,” replied CL simply.

Dara sighed at her lack of response. “Look, I’m sure Himchan is doing fine. He’s just probably busy. He’ll call you soon,” Dara tried to cheer their leader up only to get a weak smile from CL.

The girls carried on with the photoshoot successfully. To the girls’ delight, CL was all happy and cheery throughout the entire photoshoot. She was, of course, being a professional but the girls were still very happy to see their leader back to her usual happy-go-lucky self.

***

Miraculously, 2NE1 has been granted a day off despite their really tight schedule. Being a workaholic, CL decided to go to the studio to work on some new materials for their next album and probably get her mind off everything. An hour has passed and she hasn’t really done anything yet. The black notebook Yongguk gave her during Christmas was just laying there on top of the desk, not even a single word written on it. The computer was on but she’s only been staring at it blankly.

It’s been exactly six days since Himchan left. Just one more day and he would be back. But still, CL couldn’t stop thinking about Himchan – Is he okay? Did something bad happen to him? She sent countless text messages but there was no reply. She tried calling him but there was no answer. She was worried sick about him.

CL let out a deep sigh before leaving the studio. She needed some fresh air. As she was about to step out of the elevator, she spotted a very familiar back of someone talking to GD by the back entrance. He seemed too damn familiar – only that this man had shorter, black hair and he had no arm cast on. ‘Nah, that couldn’t be him. He’s not supposed to be back till Monday,’ she thought, shaking her head.

She really wanted to see his face, just to confirm that he wasn’t who she thought he was. But the man left after a while without even looking back. CL sighed in frustration of not being able to see his face. Slowly, she walked towards GD. “Who was that, oppa?” she asked as she tapped GD’s shoulder lightly.

“Oh my god, you scared me!” he shrieked.

“You’re daydreaming, oppa,” she replied, rolling her eyes

“Am not,” he retorted, “Anyways, what are you doing here? Don’t you guys have a filming or something?” he continued.

“Postponed. Wait, how did you know? Weird, you never really paid attention to our schedule. And you still haven’t answered my question, oppa. Who was that you were talking to a while ago? He looked familiar,” CL raised an eyebrow.

“W-what do you mean? Of course, I do pay attention. I love my 2NE1 juniors,” GD faked a laugh, “And t-t-that was nobody you know.”

G-Dragon surely cares about his fellow YG Family but he’s not really one to really know every single thing about others’ whereabouts and whatnot. That’s Seungri’s job. Weird. There was definitely something he was hiding and CL could feel it. Whatever it was though, CL was just too lazy to think about it. All she cared about at that moment was Himchan.

“You should go home,” said GD suddenly, bringing her back from her thoughts.

CL looked at him with confused eyes. Go home? Why did he ask her to go home? It’s not even lunchtime yet. Besides, today was supposed to be a productive day where she would write and compose new songs. There was no way she would let this precious time slip away. Moreover, she needed to get her minds off things – off Himchan, to be quite exact.

“Just go home, Chaerin. You won’t regret it,” he said again and CL just remained silent, confused beyond anything, “And when I said home, I meant your home with Himchan.”

And just like that, GD went inside, leaving her alone and dumbfounded. CL scoffed in annoyance. She’s really close with GD, almost like siblings. But this was one of the rarest times that she found him rather irritating. So much of wanting to clear her mind. Everything seemed to go the opposite way, instead. CL started kicking some pebbles on the ground quite violently. She’s unusually angry at everyone and everything. Mostly at Himchan, though – for not answering any of her texts and calls.

“You’re going to kill that thing if you keep doing that,” a male voice suddenly stopped her.

Her heart suddenly skipped a beat. Her eyes widened. “Hi,” he said again, with a shy smile on his face.

“Hi,” she replied shyly, all her anger and frustration suddenly vanished.

“Did you miss me?” he asked as he walked closer towards her but CL took a step back.

“I hate you, Channie,” she said but her eyes said otherwise.

Tears suddenly fall from her eyes and Himchan didn’t waste any second to pull and hug her very tightly. CL hated how she could be so weak in front of her husband. How she couldn’t control her feelings for him – be it good ones or bad. He really knows how to bring the best and worst in her.

“I’m really sorry, baby. I didn’t mean to ignore your texts and calls. I did it because-” Himchan paused for a moment and CL looked at him intensely, waiting for an answer, an explanation.

Himchan cupped her face and kissed her tears away. His touch was like magic to her. No matter how much she tried to be angry at him, no matter how much she tried to hate him, she just couldn’t. “I did all that because I have a surprise for you,” he said softly with a big smile on his face.

“S-surprise?” she stuttered.

“Yup, just follow me,” replied Himchan excitedly as he pushed his wife eagerly into his car.

“Where are we going, Channie?” she asked with wide eyes.

“Honeymoon,” he winked and CL’s eyes got even wider.

Himchan laughed out loud at his wife’s cuteness. CL pouted her lips in annoyance and it only made him laugh even louder. “I’m still mad at you, Kim Himchan. And for your information, I wasn’t killing that stone. It wasn’t even alive,” she said with an angry voice.

“I know, but you won’t be mad at me soon,” he winked again and CL just rolled her eyes and switched her focus on the road ahead of them.

Himchan giggled. His heart racing like crazy. He missed his wife just as much as CL missed him. Probably even more. CL didn’t know how difficult it was for him to not reply her texts or call back. It was torture. He even had to give his phone to Yongguk for the rest of the week just so to prevent him from replying and spoiling his surprise. And now that they’re finally together again… it was pure bliss.

“Wait, honeymoon?” CL asked with a very surprised voice.

“Did you not hear what I said just now? Yes, we’re going on a honeymoon,” he chuckled.

“Where? How long?” she asked again.

“Relax, baby. You sound really nervous. Like I am kidnapping you or something,” he said, half sighing.

“You are! Anyways, you haven’t answered my questions,” she said with a serious tone.

“Tsk, tsk. My baby is still very angry, I see. I’m not going to tell you just yet. It’s a surprise. And don’t worry about your schedule. I managed to get two days off for you. Trust me, it wasn’t easy to beg CEO Yang for permission. Now I know why people are scared of him,” Himchan chuckled.

CL’s heart started pounding faster upon hearing that. She didn’t expect Himchan to go as far as begging YG for permission to spend more time with her. A smile slowly crept on her face. She was touched. Really touched. “Finally, I’ve really missed that smile,” Himchan said, his eyes fixed on the road.

CL looked at him, confused. She really didn’t expect him to notice. “What? Shocked? I have eyes all over my body,” he chuckled, earning him a flick on the forehead.

“Ouch,” he cried, “I missed that too, by the way.”

“Shut up and just drive,” said CL, stifling a laugh.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: Honeymoon!!! Are you guys excited for it? XD Oh I bet you are!! Anyways, I forgot to wish everyone a happy new year!! Happy New Year my lively readers! You've all ben such awesome supporters and I couldn't thank you enough. I wish everyone the best and I hope you'll continue to support my fic! Thank you! <3