Call Me Oppa

Slowly But Surely

“Ugh” CL grunted as she woke up with a sleeping arm and a stiff neck. She was about to get up when she realised there was someone else sleeping soundly next to her. They must’ve fallen asleep while watching TV last night. Her heart started to beat faster as she felt his warm breath against her face. Slowly, she ran her fingers through his blonde hair, brushing some of his locks to the side.

She smiled as she stared at his sleeping face, caressing his flawless skin, his eyes and his nose before stopping at his lips. Her heartbeat started to pick up speed once again as she remembered the very first kiss they shared just a week ago. No matter how hard she tried to control the urge to kiss him again, her body just wouldn’t listen.

CL slowly leaned her face closer, her eyes focusing on his lips. However, Himchan woke up before she could even bring her lips to his. His eyes widened, blushing slightly at the close proximity between their faces. Both Himchan and CL just froze in their positions as they stared deeply into each other’s eyes.

“Arghhhh” Himchan shouted, finally realising the situation they were in and accidentally pushed CL off the couch.

CL groaned in pain as she rubbed her back and her neck. “What did you do that for?” she cried.

“Omo! Sorry! I didn’t mean to do that!” Himchan finally got up to help her.

Embarrassed, she pushed his hands away and rushed towards her bedroom immediately. Himchan was a bit taken aback and just looked at her walking away with a blank expression on his face. ‘What just happened? Was she going to k-kiss me? Or was that just a dream? Yes, it must be just a dream.’ he thought as he rubbed the back of his neck, slightly tilting his head.

***

CL was all dressed up and ready to go out but was stopped by a homey looking Himchan. She giggled as she saw him wearing a pink, lacey apron. “Where do you think you’re going, missy?” asked Himchan, raising one of his eyebrows.

“Out. To the recording studio.” replied CL, still giggling.

“Recording studio? I thought you guys are on a holiday, no?” he asked again, looking more suspicious.

“Yes, but I have some work to do.” she simply explained.

“Okay, so it’s true then. You’re a workaholic. But let’s have breakfast first. I’ve cooked something delicious for us.” replied Himchan as he pushed CL involuntarily into the kitchen.

“I am not a workaholic, Himchan-shi!” she whined as she sat down by the kitchen counter. “And wow! I didn’t know you could cook.” agape looking at the food Himchan has prepared.

“Well now you know. And you need to stop being so formal and drop the shi.” said Himchan rather excitedly as he put some food into her plate. “You’re born in 1991 right?” he asked and she nodded as a yes. “I’m a 90er so you can call me oppa.” he continued.

“Oppa? I don’t want to. I don’t even call Seungri oppa!” she protested causing Himchan to glare at her. “When exactly were you born?” asked CL.

“April 1990.” answered Himchan with a very serious tone.

“Okay. I was born in February 1991, which means we’re not even a year apart. So no, I won’t call you oppa. I’m just going to call you Himchannie!” replied CL with a playful smile on her face.

“I am not even going to win this argument, am I?” sighed Himchan.

“Uhuh!” CL nodded teasingly with a wide grin and the two continued to eat their breakfast in silence.

“By the way, what did you and Hyosung noona talk about yesterday?” Himchan suddenly asked.

“Nothing much. She said she wanted to be friends.” CL replied, still focusing on her food.

“Friends? So what did you say to her?” he asked again.

“Well, other than YG Family, I don’t really have that many idol friends so I thought why not?” she replied.

“What?!” CL was shocked at Himchan’s sudden outburst. “I don’t want you to be friends with her!” he shouted again.

“Why not? She seemed like a very nice person and I have every right to be friends with anyone I like!” answered CL, a bit irritated.

“Nice person? Trust me, she’s anything but nice! I know her and I don’t like you hanging around with her.” Himchan unconsciously lost his temper.

“Whatever! I’m outta here!” CL rolled her eyes before leaving Himchan behind and slammed the door behind her as she left the apartment.

Just when they thought they were getting along well, Himchan and CL got into an argument yet again. And this time, it was even worse. Himchan was angry but he wasn’t really able to express his reasons on why he was acting the way he did. CL, on the other hand, was so annoyed by the fact that Himchan was shouting right into her face for no reasons and as everyone has already known, she’s not really the type of a person who’s easily being controlled by anyone.

***

“It’s been more than a week now. You can’t avoid him forever, eonnie.” said Minzy as she sat down next to CL.

“I know. I just wish that he would apologise first.” CL sighed while looking at her phone.

“Sometimes, in a relationship, it doesn’t matter who’s right or who’s wrong. One or the other needs to make a move first or the problem will just get bigger and bigger as the day goes by.” Minzy said, patting CL’s shoulder lightly.

CL turned to look at Minzy, giving her the where’s-Minzy-and-what-have-you-done-to-our-maknae look. “Wow! Our maknae is growing up!” exclaimed CL, rather surprised by her maturity.

Minzy just laughed at CL’s priceless facial expression and walked towards the stereo to put the music back on. “Time to practice!” she said to CL, who was somehow still very puzzled.

Even though it was their holiday, the 2NE1 members decided to come to work and practice for their upcoming concert. Since it’s going to be the last one of their world tour this year, the girls wanted it to be extra special for their fans. Minzy and CL were halfway through practicing for their Please Don’t Go performance when Dara burst into the practice room with her iPad in her hands.

“Chaerin-ah, you gotta see this!” Dara said in between her breaths.

“Eonnie! Minzy and I are practicing. Can’t this wait?” asked CL; a bit annoyed that someone has disrupted their rehearsals.

“No! You have to read this! Now!” replied Dara with a very commanding voice.

CL face-palmed herself in annoyance while Minzy grabbed the iPad from Dara’s hands. Her eyes widened as soon as she saw the article. “Dara eonnie is right. You really need to read this.” said Minzy as she pushed the iPad to CL.

“Ugh, fine!” CL rolled her eyes and finally took the iPad.

She just kept quiet. Her face, expressionless. Dara and Minzy started to get worried and began asking questions to attract her attention, but to no avail. CL was completely frozen on her feet, her eyes still on the iPad screen.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: Hohoho another fight! Will they be able to pull this through? Stay tuned to find out! :D