Homecoming

Slowly But Surely

She hasn’t even fully settled down yet and CL had to go overseas once again for another leg of 2NE1’s world tour. Her room was still a mess. There were around three to four boxes left that had yet to be unpacked. She could only sigh at the sight of her cluttered bedroom. 

“Leaving already?” asked Himchan suddenly.

CL stumbled on her feet, a bit taken aback by his sudden appearance. “Y-you scared me! And y-yes, I’m leaving for another week.” CL stuttered while trying to catch her breath.

“Oops! Sorry about that!” Himchan apologised shyly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

She just gave him a shy, awkward smile before regaining her composure. “That’s okay.” she said shyly. “Did you just get back home?” she continued, her eyes scanning him from top to bottom.

HImchan didn’t realise that he was still in his stage outfit, with full make-up on. B.A.P has, recently, made their comeback and the boys have been busy promoting their album on music shows, both in and out of the city. Because of that he has been coming home pretty late for the past week. Sometimes, he didn’t even come home at all.

“Yeah.” he replied, half-sighing.

“Chaerin-ah, you ready? We need to leave now.” her manager suddenly came in, interrupting the two.

Himchan bowed politely at the manager before he turned his focus back to CL. “You should go. You don’t wanna miss your flight, do you? I’ll see you again next week.” he chuckled shyly.

“Yeah. I guess I’ll see you next week.” she replied as she put her shades on, giving him her signature mysterious, yet full of swag, facial expression. “And you should get cleaned up and get some rest.” she said again before she walked out the door with a tint of smile on her face.

Himchan was a bit startled by her last sentence. And that smile, that mysterious smile of hers. It got him frozen on his feet, his heart racing. And this was not the first time. ‘What have you done to me, Lee Chaerin? How can I possibly be falling for you this fast? And it’s all because of that smile of yours.’ Himchan thought to himself as he flopped himself onto his bed tiredly.

***

“Good job, everyone!” cried CL excitedly as soon as they got off the stage, bowing to and thanking every single of the staff along the way, and so did the other three members of 2NE1.

Their American leg of the tour has finally come to an end and everyone was looking forward to a rather long holiday before the final concert in Seoul next month. Dara and Bom were already very excited planning their one-month vacation – picking places they wanted to visit, informing their friends and relatives that they were coming to visit, etc. The maknae line could only giggle looking at their childish eonnies.

Minzy and Bommie immediately landed on the couch, and Dara on the floor as soon as they entered their dressing room. CL, on the other hand, walked towards the mirror table where her bag was and started to rummage through it to find her phone. To her surprise, there were more than ten unread messages – most of which were surprisingly from Hicmhan.

‘I heard it’s your last concert today. Break a leg!’

‘Oh, and don’t hurt yourself while performing!’

‘Don’t forget to eat something before the concert too. Singing and dancing on stage with an empty stomach is not good.’

‘Has the concert ended yet? When are you coming back exactly?’

CL couldn’t believe what she has just read. ‘Were all these messages really from Himchan? Why is he suddenly acting like this, all caring and stuff?’ she thought to herself as she scratched her head in confusion, her eyes still on her phone. Unconsciously, a smile appeared on her face. She was confused, yes. But at the same time, she couldn’t help but to feel somewhat special. Someone was being so caring to her. And that someone was a man. And that man was her husband.

“Ooooh~ Someone’s smiling by herself~” teased the maknae, causing everyone to switch their attention to CL.

“What? I wasn’t smiling! W-Was I?” replied CL with a pokerface, trying to hide her embarrassment but her red cheeks gave everything away.

“Was it your Himchan?” asked Dara excitedly as she caught CL in a headlock and ruffled her hair messily.

“Ya! Stop it! Let me go! And it was not my Himchan!” CL cried, struggling to escape Dara’s tight grip.

Dara finally let her go after a while and joined the other two members on the couch, laughing their butts off. “Is it really that fun teasing me?” asked CL, annoyed.

“Yes! Let’s go shopping tomorrow! It’s going to be even more fun! Because we are going to shop for your wedding gifts!” replied Bom, clapping her hands happily.

CL couldn’t do anything but sighed. This was one of the rarest moments where she lost in an argument to the other members. And she lost big time! She sat down by the mirror table to cool off and checked her phone once again. ‘Right. Why did he ask when I’m coming back? It’s weird because he has never asked about my schedule before. Hmmm….’

***

[HIMCHAN’S POV]

Just like any other day, I came home quite late again today. I was really tired but my eyes suddenly sparkled with surprise when I saw a familiar pair of shoes by the door. She’s back. A smile slowly crept on my face as I heard some noises from inside, confirming that she was really back home.

I took off my shoes carelessly and immediately headed towards her room only to see her standing still in front of her bedroom door, agape. “Do you like it?” I asked excitedly but she just kept quiet. “I figured that you would be dead tired once you get back so I decided to help you unpack and arrange your stuff. I hope you like it!” I continued as I walked into her room, showing off the amazing job I have done.

“I didn’t ask for your help.” she finally said something and she looked damn serious… and scary.

“What?” I was a bit taken aback.

“I said I didn’t ask for your help!” she repeated, this time with a louder voice.

“Well, I’m sorry! I’m sorry for trying to be nice. I’m sorry for trying to help. I’m sorry for trying to show you that I care!” that’s it, I totally lost control of my anger as I stomped my way to my room and slammed the door behind me.

I was really flustered by her reaction. I really thought that she would like it and that she would be grateful that I helped. But I guess she didn’t. She looked nothing close to being happy or amazed or whatever. She was mad. She was very mad. And a mad CL’s not something you would ever want to face, trust me. She was really scary.

I knew that it was kind of my fault too. I shouldn’t have touched her things without her permission. I mean, I would be angry myself if I were in her shoes. So I guess, that was really stupid of me to do such a thing. But I was kind of disappointed that she failed to see all the effort I’ve put in. After all, I did everything just for her. She could have, at least, showed a little appreciation or something. But no, all she did was shout at me!

A knock on the door suddenly interrupted my train of thoughts. I turned to look at the door with a confused face. I knew it was her but I decided to ignore it and pretend that I was sleeping. Yes, I was that angry. And then she started to knock again. I really wanted to ignore her but somehow, I just couldn’t.

So I got up lazily and opened the door slightly. “Can we talk?” she asked softly and I nodded.

We both then headed to the living room and sat down on the couch side by side, facing the still empty wall. It was just silence for a while until she said, “I’m sorry.”

And suddenly, all the anger and frustration in me earlier have disappeared. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that.” she said again, with her head down.

“That’s okay. It’s partly my fault too. I invaded your privacy, I’m sorry. I really am.” I replied.

“No, it wasn’t your fault at all. I was just… I just don’t like it when people touch my things without my permission. It’s one of the bad habits of mine, I guess. But still, I shouldn’t have treated you the way I did just now. We’re just getting to know each other so I should’ve known better. You didn’t know anything about me. You didn’t know that I hate people entering my room and going through my things. So yeah, I’m sorry once again. And thank you. Thank you for helping me. And thank you for caring.” she continued to explain, still looking down at her feet.

I didn’t know what has gotten into me but all of a sudden, my right hand started to move closer to her face. I lifted her chin and turned her face to look at me. Slowly, I leaned closer and without realising it, my lips were on hers. Yes, I kissed her! And surprisingly, she was kissing me back even though it wasn’t for long. She immediately pushed me away – her eyes widened, her face turning so red. I could feel my face burning too. She just looked at me with a disgusted face and before I could even apologise, she was already running her way towards her room.

‘What have you done, Kim Himchan? What have you done?’ I face palmed myself as I slowly realised what I just did moments earlier.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: Hoho! More subscribers! :D Welcome, welcome. I hope you'll enjoy this story. And I promise that I will do my best and never disapoint each and every one of you! Hehe. Anyways, back to the chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it! :D Himchan's going way too fast with their relationship... How do you think CL feel about it? :D