Baby

Slowly But Surely

“Ugh,” CL stirred in the hospital bed, her eyelids blinked a few times adjusting to the lights illuminating the room.

“Hey, beautiful,” Himchan smiled as he brushed her hair with his fingers gently before giving her a light peck on the forehead.

“Where am I?” she murmured while her wary gaze was scanning the unfamiliar room.

It was when Mrs. Kim announced that she would get the doctor that CL realised that she was actually in the hospital. This morning’s happenings then came flowing back into her mind – throwing up badly not once but several times, feeling very dizzy, Himchan’s soft yet worried voice calling out her name before everything turned black. “How long have I been out?” she asked again.

“A few hours. Why didn’t you tell me that you weren’t feeling well? Did you know how worried I was? I really thought that you were going to die, that- that you were going to leave me forever,” Himchan huffed a dramatic sigh as a tear slowly escaped his eye.

CL felt really bad seeing her husband in that state but at the same time, she felt really touched too. At least she knew that Himchan still cared about her, that he still loved her. “I’m sorry,” she whimpered, slowly inching her fingers closer to his face and wiped his tears, “I’m really sorry, Channie. For causing a lot of troubles, for making you worry, for everything. And about Yongguk-”

“Shh, he already explained everything,” Himchan interrupted, “Pabo, why are you apologising? I’m supposed to be the one doing that. I got angry with you for no reason. I even ignored you when I should’ve been by your side, telling you that everything’s going to be all right. If only I came back earlier, this wouldn’t even have happened. You wouldn’t have been lying in the hospital bed like this. I’m such a bad and stupid husband, I’m sorry.”

“Indeed you are,” she chuckled, causing Himchan to glare in slight confusion, “Oh my god, chill. That was just a joke. God, you really need to loosen up a bit, Channie,” she laughed again.

Himchan just pouted his lips cutely and continued glaring at her. “You’re so mean, just like Yongguk,” he frowned and CL just shook her head, trying so hard to restrain herself from laughing.

Himchan was being his cute, adorable self again – just like how CL loved it. A cute Himchan never failed to make her smile, never. CL and Himchan were too engrossed in teasing and whining respectively that they didn’t even notice Mrs. Kim and the doctor have come in. “Annyeonghaseyo,” greeted the doctor with an amused smile, slightly startling the couple, “How are you feeling, Mrs. Kim?”

Quite taken aback by the sudden use of ‘Mrs. Kim’, CL only managed to blink her eyes in confusion, slightly agape before a small smile emerged on her reddened face. She’s been married to Hicmhan for almost a year now but no one has ever addressed her as Mrs. Kim. This was the very first time and it surprisingly felt good. It somehow made her feel a little giddy inside. “Babe?” Himchan squeezed her hand lightly, bringing her back from her trance.

“Uh- Oh, I’m feeling much better now. Still a bit lightheaded but better,” she immediately responded, while at the same time she was trying to hide the red hue on her cheeks.

“That’s good to hear,” said the doctor, his right hand was busy writing something down on his clipboard, “When was the last time you consumed any food?”

CL remained quiet for a moment and tried to think. To be honest, ever since Himchan has left for Japan a little over two weeks ago, CL hasn’t really had any proper meal. She was either too lazy to cook or she was too caught up in the studio, trying to distract her mind from thinking of and missing her husband – and yesterday was both. She got up, got dressed and immediately headed off to the studio as early as seven in the morning. She spent the entire day in the studio and Dara actually had to constantly remind her to take a break and had her lunch. She went back into the studio right after that and continued whatever she has left off until the night. And that’s when all the scandals broke out.

She let out a sigh before looking up to the doctor, “I think I only had one meal yesterday and that’s during lunchtime.”

“What?” cried Himchan, looking at his wife in slight anger and disappointment, “I think I told you not to miss your meals?”

“I’m sorry, okay? I was too caught up with work and then- and then the media went crazy so I just had no time to be thinking about food. I was worried about you. I tried to reach you countless times but- nevermind,” she retorted, her arms crossed in annoyance.

Himchan only sighed in defeat and pouted his mouth yet again. Deep down, he knew that he was partly at fault. “Okay, okay. You need to calm down,” said the doctor to CL, “And you shouldn’t be missing anymore of your meals from today onwards because it’s not good for the baby.”

“BABY?!” both Himchan and CL shouted at the same time, shocked was written all over their faces.

“Yes, you’re three weeks pregnant. Congratulations,” replied the doctor with a happy smile.

Himchan’s mother instantly shrieked, jumping up and down joyfully. To say that she was happy was really an understatement. She was beyond overjoyed to finally have a grandchild and she didn’t wait too long to call her husband and deliver the good news. Himchan and CL, on the other hand, were still a bit in a state of shock. They’ve been trying to have a baby since their honeymoon, which was a few months ago. And although it might not be as bad as other couples who were more unfortunate – who have been married for years but still couldn’t get pregnant – the news was still rather shocking to them. It took them a good, long one minute to grasp what the doctor had just said and Himchan was the very first one to break into a smile, and hugged his beautiful wife tightly out of happiness. CL couldn’t help but to cry as soon as she felt her husband’s arms enveloping her. It was happy tears, though.

“Is it true? Am I r-really pregnant?” she stuttered.

The doctor nodded his head, his smile still evident on his face. “Mr. Kim, please make sure that your wife eats properly and healthily, and do not let her overwork herself. She must not be in any kind of stress or it will affect the pregnancy,” he instructed Himchan before shifting his focus to CL, “And you may need to come back for a regular check up soon. The nurse outside will brief you further on the matter. As for now, you may leave the hospital and rest at home. Congratulations once again.”

“Thank you,” Himchan grinned and held out one of his hands for a handshake, which the doctor gladly accepted before leaving.

“I am not dreaming, right? This is not a dream. I am awake. Please tell me this is not just a dream,” CL tapped her cheeks repeatedly in disbelief before Himchan pinched them quite strongly causing her to yelp, “OW! What did you do that for?”

“Just want you to know that it’s not a dream,” he shrugged, bursting out into laughter soon after.

“Channie,” she whined, pouting her lips and scrunching her nose cutely at him.

“Aigo, my baby is being too cute again,” he giggled, pinching her cheeks rather softly this time, “Wait, you’re not my baby anymore. My baby is sleeping in here now,” he teased, rubbing her tummy with his hand gently.

“You’re stupid,” CL smacked his head and crossed her arm, still pouting .

Himchan just chuckled at his adorable wife. It never failed to amuse him how the well-known baddest female would change into this cute, lovable person in front of him. “You’ll always be my baby,” CL instantly blushed, her heart drumming wildly as she felt his warm lips on her forehead.

She really wanted to wrap her arms around and hug him tightly but she didn’t want to give in that easily. She still wanted to husband. So, with all the strength that she had at that moment, she kicked him on the side of his knee causing him to fall roughly on the floor. “Get out, I need to get changed,” Himchan’s dumbfounded face was too epic that CL couldn’t restrain herself anymore and started laughing like crazy, “I said get out, didn’t I?” she yelled again, stifling her laugh.

“Okay, okay. Geez, since when did you get so violent?” he rolled his eyes as he got back up.

“I don’t know. It’s probably the baby’s doing,” she chuckled, rubbing her tummy.

Himchan came closer to her and bent slightly down so his face was on the same level as her stomach, “Baby-ya, you’re not even born yet and you’re already being so mean to daddy.”

A smile immediately appeared on CL’s face when she saw Himchan talking to her tummy – or to their unborn child, to be quite exact. Himchan stood back up and gave his wife a soft peck on the lips, “I am going to take care of the bills and other administration stuff. I will be right back, okay? Love you.”

 

***

 

Himchan was at the reception desk, settling the hospital bills and whatnot, when his mother suddenly came to him with a horrified expression on her face. “Son,” she struggled with her words as she was panting heavily.

“Omma, why are you breathing heavily? Did you just run all the way here?” he asked and his mother nodded, still trying to catch her breath, “Calm down, omma. Breathe slowly. You’ll get a heart attack or- OW! What did you hit my head for?”

“I don’t want to die just yet. Not until my grandchild is born,” she yelled a bit too loud that she earned a few irritated glares from people in the room; it was a hospital after all.

“Sorry,” Himchan bowed to everyone as soon as he noticed that his mother has gained people’s attention.

“Anyways, we’re in big trouble!” Himchan’s heart skipped upon hearing the word trouble, “There are a lot of reporters at the main entrance, it’s very chaotic.”

“What?! Reporters? How did they even know that we’re here?”  

Ruffling his hair quite violently, he started to pace back and forth nervously as panic started to engulf him. All he could think of at that moment was CL. They just found out that she was pregnant and the doctor has clearly told him that she shouldn’t be in a lot of stress. Himchan knew too well how most, if not all, reporters worked. They didn’t really care about the well being of their subjects. The only important thing that mattered to them was to get their stories by any means at all. The thought of reporters surrounding them was really troubling him – heartless and selfish reporters – as they could bring harm to her and their baby.

“Just tell them everything, Channie,” Himchan suddenly stopped pacing as soon as he heard CL’s voice; his facial expression, confused.

“But honey-”

“We have to tell them sooner or later, Channie. Do you think they will leave us alone if we continued to ignore them? No,” her stern voice kind of caught him off guard.

“But there is no way that I would let you go through all that trouble. No, I will never take that risk. You need to think of our baby too,” Himchan tried to talk her out of it.

CL was about to retort again when the doctor, who treated her earlier, interrupted them. “You should listen to your husband,” he said calmly yet firmly.

“But-”

“No buts. I am not going to let you go out there. Just stay here for a moment while I go and deal with them,” said Himchan in a commanding tone as he pushed her back into the room she was in earlier.

She just heaved a heavy, defeated sigh and sat down on the edge of the bed. A frown slowly formed on her face but Himchan just brushed it away. “Omma, please take care of her for me,” he sighed before changing his focus back to CL, “Just leave everything to me, okay? It will all be over soon. Just wait here and do not do anything that will harm you or the baby.”

“Okay, okay, I get it. But just so you know, I am not a little kid, Channie. I know how to take care of myself,” she replied, still a bit annoyed by the fact that she couldn’t confront the reporters with him like she has wished for.

“Yeah, says someone who fainted in the bathroom this morning,” CL just rolled her eyes at this statement, “You’re so stubborn sometimes but I guess that is what makes you more attractive in my eyes,” he chuckled, earning himself another smack on the head.

“Ugh, I guess I need to get used to more of that from now on. My baby is so violent,” he winced.

Our baby,” she corrected him and he just chuckled in defeat, kissing her forehead once again before leaving to handle the press.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: Yay! CL is finally pregnant! Are you guys happy? :D Oh I know you are~ Nyehehe. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! There are only a few chapters left so stay tuned!! ^^ Upvote, subscribe and comment! Thank you~