The Beginning of a Storm

Slowly But Surely

It’s been a month since their honeymoon. And it’s also been a month since CL and Himchan shared the same bedroom. Things were really going great for the married couple. They would take turn to cook breakfast every morning, they would try their best to make some time for each other despite their busy schedules – if they got the time, they would see each other even if it’s just for a few minutes – they would exchange cute, supportive messages to each other every now and then. Basically, they did all the normal things normal couple would do.

Things changed quite abruptly one morning, though. CL and Himchan had a fight – a really big one, for that matter. “Why are you acting like this?” asked Himchan with an irritated voice.

“Acting like what?!” CL yelled back, throwing some dishes into the sink quite violently.

CL was oddly very quiet that morning and it worried him a lot. All he did was asked if she was okay, if something was bothering her. It was only normal for a husband to do so, right? Instead of answering him politely, however, CL got angry and started yelling and slamming things, and that really ticked Himchan off. “Like this! All worked up and angry for no reason,” he replied frustrated, “Did I do something wrong?”

“No, you didn’t,” she just sighed, tired of all the yelling that’s been going on for the last five minutes, “Look, just eat your breakfast and go, okay?”

“Fine, I’ll go!” Himchan yelled one last time before leaving, slamming the door behind him.

“Ugh!” CL groaned, slamming the table with both hands.

Her heart was drumming wildly as she fell to her knees, her breathing ragged. And tears slowly rolled down her face. She was mad. She was upset. But Himchan was wrong, she did have a reason for acting this way – a very good reason. She knew that it was so childish of her to be acting like this but she just couldn’t bring herself to tell him. She didn’t know how to.

***

“Are you okay?” Yongguk asked Himchan, who seemed to be zoning out more often than he usually did.

Yongguk let out a defeated sigh when he received nothing more than a shrug from Himchan. There was definitely something wrong with him and he just couldn’t leave this matter alone. “Kim Himchan,” said Yongguk with a rather straight expression, “Stop lying and tell me what’s wrong. You’re acting so weird since this morning. You even lost focus during our filming just now. And don’t give me that I-am-fine-nothing-is-wrong .”

Everyone turned their focus on the two, quite startled at Yongguk’s cursing. Everyone knows that Yongguk is not one who usually swears, unless something is really getting on his nerves. “Hyung, calm down. Maybe he’s just tired,” Daehyun gathered all his courage and tried to calm their leader down, but it didn’t quite work.

“Everyone is tired and it’s not an excuse for him or anyone of you, for that matter, to be acting so childish. This is our job and I expect everyone to be in their best behaviour and be as professional as you could no matter what, when and where,” Yongguk said sternly and the room became completely silent.

“Look, I’m sorry, okay? I know that I shouldn’t mix my personal life and work together but I just couldn’t help it. CL is acting weird. She’s angry with me for no reason and we had a really big fight this morning. Everything is just so messed up right now. So I’m sorry, okay? You happy now? I’m ing sorry!” Himchan retorted and immediately left the recording studio.

All the other members looked at Yongguk with a very serious face and he knew right then and there that he was a little over the line. Yes, Himchan should be more professional but he’s also just a mere human being. Someone who has feelings, someone who is bound to make mistakes every once in a while. Realising that he was wrong, Yongguk immediately went out to find his best friend.

“You do know that he was just concerned about you, right?” asked a female voice, snapping Himchan away from his deep thoughts.

“Noona,” he said weakly, blinking his eyes as he looked up to see the owner of the voice.

“Hey, wifey,” she greeted with a smile as she sat next to him.

Himchan cringed upon hearing that nickname. It’s a nickname that he got when he dated Hyosung – he was the wife while Hyosung was the husband. Don’t ask why, it just so happened like that. “I’m not your wifey anymore, noona,” he replied with a low yet firm tone.

“I know, I’m sorry,” sighed Hyosung before Yongguk slammed open the door to the staircase, causing the two to look up with shocked eyes.

“What are you doing here?” asked Yongguk, giving Hyosung a death glare.

Hyosung heaved a sigh, holding her hands up in the air before uttering, “I came in peace. I saw you guys fighting so I just wanted to check up on him, nothing more.”

Yongguk glared at her one more time before turning his focus to Himchan. “Hey man, I’m really sorr-”

“No, man. It’s okay. I’m the one who should apologise. I should know better,” Himchan said, cutting Yongguk’s sentence half way.

“But still, I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that. I’m really sorry,” replied Yongguk, sighing as he leaned his back against the wall.

An awkward silence echoed the room for the next couple minutes. The three of them just stayed still – speechless and motionless. “I yelled at CL,” Himchan finally broke the silence; and both Hyosung and Yongguk turned to look at him with questionable eyes.

“What happened?” asked Hyosung, genuinely concerned

“I don’t know,” he sighed, “She woke up this morning and suddenly started acting really weird. I know that something was bothering her but she just wouldn’t tell me. I was worried so I asked her what happened and that’s when she started yelling and slamming things in front of my face. I got all frustrated and started doing the same. Ugh! I ed up, didn’t I?” he grunted, disheveling his hair quite harshly.

“Could it be PMS?” asked Yongguk, and Hyosung's eyes instantly widened as if she has figured something out.

“H-Himchan,” she stuttered, “A-are you guys like… ually active?”

Both Himchan and Yongguk lifted their heads and looked at Hyosung – their eyes widened, their faces flushed red. Yes, Himchan and Yongguk have talked about before but Himchan never really talked about his life with his wife with anyone, not even Yongguk. And now, Hyosung’s asking him if they were ually active? It’s just too personal and he felt rather uncomfortable discussing it with anyone, period.

“Why do you want to know? And why should I tell you about my life?” asked Himchan with a rather defensive tone.

Hyosung let out a deep sigh as both men looked at her, shooting daggers with their glares. “You guys are so clueless. Look, if you are ually active, which I assumed you are, then… you know… she might just be….” she dragged her sentence, hoping that the boys would get the hint.

“Pregnant? She’s pregnant?” asked Yongguk with a tint of excitement in his eyes.

Himchan’s eyes grew even bigger, his heart started beating rapidly. Just the thought of CL carrying his child inside her gave him butterflies. A smile slowly crept onto his face only to disappear a few seconds later. “Well, that’s just one of the possibilities. Don’t get your hopes high yet because it could be something else as well. You should go talk to her,” said Hyosung again.

“Thanks, noona. I’m going to talk to her now,” replied Himchan rather happily, “But-” he turned to look at Yongguk.

“Don’t worry about the group. Just go and talk to your wife,” Yongguk gave him a smile and hugged him tightly before pushing him out of the door.

The two of them – Yongguk and Hyosung – just smiled as they watched their friend left excitedly. “That was so cool of you, noona,” he said, looking at the girl beside him, who only replied with a shrug and a weak smile.

***

[HIMCHAN’S POV]

Pregnant? CL’s pregnant? I really couldn’t stop smiling at that thought as I drove back home. But Hyosung was right, I shouldn’t get my hopes high yet. But I guess I’d find out soon. But pregnant or not, I just wanted to rush home, apologise and hug my wife. All this fight was useless and it’s really driving me over the edge, and it’s only been a few hours. I seriously couldn’t imagine not talking to her for days!

I parked my car in front of our apartment and immediately ran upstairs. Yes, I ran. For once, I’ve forgotten all about the existence of an elevator. I was panting really hard when I reached our doorstep and my heart started beating faster once again. i wasn't sure if it was because I just ran up several floors or because he was nervous, though. I took a deep breath before I unlocked the door and slowly opened it, only to be greeted with a hug. “Channie, I am so so so sorry,” she cried onto my chest and I couldn’t help but to hug her even tighter.

“Baby, I’m sorry too. I didn’t mean to yell at you,” I apologised and we stayed like that for quite a while until she pulled away, looking at me with her teary eyes.

“Channie, I need to tell you something.”

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait but I hope you enjoyed this slightly short chapter! :D What do you think CL was going to tell him? Haha Imma let you guess! And I would like to thank our new readers for subscribing and commenting. You guys are awesome! :D