The First Meeting

Slowly But Surely

Marriage. What is Marriage?

A marriage is, basically, a sacred union between two individuals, a special bond that connects the love shared by two people – usually of the opposite . Different people, however, have different views and beliefs on marriage. Some good, and some bad. Some think that it is necessary to declare their love for each other publicly and officially in the form of a contract, while others think that a legal contract is not needed for as long as they know that they love each other.

The reasons why people choose to marry also vary with different people. Some do it for love, while others do it for money. Some do it for a legal status, while others do it for a social status. Some do it because they want to, while others do it because they have to.

“What?!” the exact same word came out of both Himchan’s and CL’s mouths when they first found out about the arranged marriage.

Arranged marriages, as absurd as it sounds, are still quite common in some parts of the world. Although the likelihood of such incident is less, it surprisingly still occurs in first world countries like South Korea.

***

“So, are you going to say yes?” asked the leader of B.A.P, Bang Yongguk, feeling a bit concerned for his fellow band mate.

“I don’t know man. I really don’t know what to do.” he sighed helplessly as he rested his chin on the dining table.

***

“Do you know who’s the guy you’re going to marry?” asked Dara and Bom almost simultaneously.

“Nope!” replied CL, rather composed, as she jumped onto the couch to watch TV.

“Ya! You look so relaxed! Aren’t you even curious about it? Aren’t you even worried at all? What if you’re marrying a serial killer or something?” Bom and Dara followed her from behind.

“I am. But I guess I’ll find out soon.” CL answered, still looking very composed. “I’m just too lazy to play the guessing game. It’s such a waste of energy and time. Let’s just forget about it for now and enjoy the movie, shall we?” she added, signaling the famous Double Park to join her on the couch.

***

Although they may not seem like one, both Himchan and CL are actually quite the romantic type of people. They both have their own ideals and fantasies of who they are going to marry, how they are going to marry, when they are going to marry and whatnot. Hence, the sudden news that they are set up in an arranged marriage by their parents was really a big shock to them.

As much as they disliked the idea, however, there was also a part of them that was rather curious. They were actually kind of intrigued by all the mysteries or unanswered questions surrounding this whole arranged marriage thing. They were actually kind of excited to know what was in store for them.

***

“Goodluck with the meeting! I hope she’s ugly!” said Yongguk jokingly causing Himchan to give him his most evil glare. “Dude! That was a joke!” Yongguk chuckled as he ruffled Himchan’s nicely combed hair.

“YA!” Himchan shouted angrily and Yongguk immediately dashed out of the room before Himchan could even do anything to him. “Imma deal with you later!” he shouted again.

Himchan looked at himself in the mirror one last time and took a long and deep breath. “Don’t be nervous Kim Himchan! You can do this! Yeah, you’re a man!” he said to himself.

After a minute or two of self-motivation, Himchan finally left their dorm and went to meet his parents at a fancy restaurant, where they have agreed to meet his future in-laws and bride-to-be. His parents were already there when he arrived, and so were two unfamiliar faces.

“Son, these are Mr. and Mrs. Lee, your future father and mother in-law.” introduced Mr. Kim, Himchan’s father.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Kim Himchan. It’s really nice to meet you.” Himchan bowed and greeted them politely, and the Lee couple seemed to be quite impressed with his mannerly gestures.

Himchan then joined them at the table and sat down next to his mother. The parents were busy talking, but Himchan was not paying any attention at all. He was somehow lost in his own thoughts. ‘Where is she?’ he thought as his eyes began to wander. Mrs. Lee caught him and said, “Uri Chaerin will be here soon.”

He was a bit taken aback and his face turned slightly red. He did not expect that anyone would notice what he was doing. And then it struck him. ‘Chaerin? Why does it sound so familiar? Where have I heard that name before?’ he’s lost within his own thoughts once again.

“There she is!” said Mrs. Lee excitedly.

Himchan immediately lifted his face to see Mrs. Lee, whose face was all smiley and excited, and suddenly, his heart started to beat faster. Himchan was nervous. Very nervous. He has not felt this way ever since B.A.P’s debut stage. “Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Lee Chaerin. It’s really nice to finally meet you Mr. and Mrs. Kim. I’ve heard a lot about you from my parents.” CL, just like Himchan, bowed and greeted the Kim couple politely.

‘Lee Chaerin? Now that is very familiar! Lee Chaerin? Lee- C-?’ Himchan was finally able to piece together the puzzle that has been haunting his mind since he first got there. “Lee Chaerin? Also known as CL, the one and only baddest female?!” said Himchan loudly as he jumped off his seat, surprising everyone in the restaurant.

“Omg, it’s Himchan? Kim Himchan? General Kim?” CL was just as shocked as Himchan when she finally saw his face.

Her jaws were literally dropped, leaving opened, and her eyes were bigger than ever. “Well, looks like our kids have already known each other, huh?” said Mr. Lee with a rather teasing voice.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: So here's a kinda short first chapter. Nothing much but I hope you enjoyed it! And don't be shy to let me know what you think! ^^ I promise this story will get better as it progresses! Hehe