Text Message

Slowly But Surely

B.A.P’s making yet another comeback. Unfortunately though, only five of them were able to perform on stage this time. At this rate, it couldn’t be predicted whether or not Himchan’s going to be able to perform with B.A.P during the rest of their promotion period. It would all depend on his healing process. If he’s lucky, he might just have the chance to join their goodbye stage. If he’s not that lucky, then he might not even able to join any of their stage at all.

“Annyeong,” greeted CL shyly as she peeped her head through the door of B.A.P’s waiting room.

As usual, Zelo was the very first one to welcome her, shoving everyone out of his way – including Himchan. He was more than excited to see his favourite noona until… Hyerin showed herself. “What are you doing here?” he asked, annoyed.

“Junhongie, be nice,” said Himchan but the maknae just frowned and rolled his eyes at the girl.

Apparently, Zelo and Hyerin weren’t getting along really well. It all started when CL left Hyerin alone with the B.A.P boys in their living room just a couple nights ago. It’s quite unclear how everything began, but the two just suddenly started bickering over who’s the coolest or who’s CL’s favourite dongsaeng and whatnot. Yongguk even had to stand in between them at some point so to avoid any catfight from happening.

“She’s my noona,” exclaimed Zelo as he latched his arm with CL’s rather protectively.

“Last time I checked, you’re Choi Junhong not Lee Junhong,” scoffed Hyerin while latching her arm with CL’s other arm, who’s now trapped in between the not-so-happy looking duo.

“I’m sorry Hyerin, Zelo. It’s Kim Chaerin now. So if you may,” Himchan chuckled, feeling rather victorious with what he just said, and snatched his wife away from the two youngsters.

Zelo and Hyerin just stood rooted on their spots and looked at Himchan, dumbfounded. “This is all your fault,” cried Zelo, crossing his arms and frowning at the girl beside him.

“What the, how is it my fault? I didn’t even do anything,” the girl retorted and just like that, the two began their childish bickering once again.

It was quite funny at first, some were even laughing at how silly the two were. However, it kind of became a bit more annoying as time passed by – not to mention, noisy – so CL decided to do something. “Oh my god, can you guys just please stop? Hyerin, you’re the older one here so why don’t you set the example and just stop fighting. And you, Junhongie, please stop being so childish like your Himchan hyung. I love you both and you’re both my dongsaengs so please, just stop fighting,” she said with a very stern voice, finally getting the youngsters’ attention.

“Wait, wait, wait. What did you just say? Childish like me? Zelo wasn’t being childish like me. It’s Hyerin who was being so stubborn like you,” Himchan retorted, surprising everyone.

“What?!” cried CL.

Zelo and Hyerin have now stopped fighting, a bit taken aback by the couple’s sudden outburst. “Uh-oh, things are going to get really ugly,” said Daehyun, half-mockingly, as he took a few steps back.

The others soon followed his notion as they let CL and Himchan resolve their argument – which Yongguk thought was just as childish. It actually took them a good ten minutes to finally realise that the argument was pointless. And as Yongguk has expected, it was CL who first stepped away. The room became dead silent for a while, and everyone just looked at one another with confused eyes.

“Look, I’m sorry. I was being so childish,” Himchan finally broke the silence.

“I raise my case,” replied CL simply, still looking a bit annoyed.

“I know, I know. I admit, I was wrong. So, forgive me?” Himchan batted his long eyelashes cutely, hoping that it would help melt her heart a little.

Well, his plan actually worked but CL just didn’t want to show it. Or at least she tried. “I’ll think about it,” she said, rolling her eyes but her blushing cheeks gave her away.

“Liar. I know that you can’t resist my cuteness,” said Himchan cheekily as he pulled her closer for a hug and that caused CL to blush even more.

“Oh god, we’re still here you know,” scoffed Hyerin while closing her eyes with her hand, causing everyone in the room to laugh.

Just like that, the atmosphere turned cheery once again. Himchan and CL settled on the couch while the other members scattered around the waiting doing their own things. Zelo and Hyerin tried their best to avoid each other so as not to start a world war three or something. In fact, Hyerin spent most of the time with Youngjae, whom to Yongguk’s eyes was interested in the younger female.

“So, what brings my beautiful wife here on her busy day?” asked Himchan as he wrapped his arm around CL’s shoulder.

“I came to visit Jiyong oppa,” she replied innocently.

She knew that Himchan would somehow react to that statement but she carried on nonetheless. A part of her felt guilty when she saw Himchan’s sad face but another part of her was somewhat amused. A jealous Himchan’s apparently adorable in her eyes and she kind of enjoyed teasing him every now and then. “Relax, I was just kidding. Of course, I did come to visit him too. But that’s not the only reason why I’m here,” she chuckled.

“So, are you going to tell me why you’re here or what?” asked Himchan rather impatient.

“That’s… a secret,” CL giggled and got up to talk with the other boys, leaving a pouting Himchan behind.

Himchan was about to get up and start another silly argument with his wife when a production crew suddenly entered, informing B.A.P that they’re required at the studio in five minutes. All the B.A.P members, including Himchan, and their dancers gathered around for their ritual cheer-up routine. The boys seemed both nervous and excited at the same time, and CL couldn’t help to smile as they reminded her of the times with her fellow 2NE1 members – how she’s missed performing and having fun on stage with them.

“Good luck, guys,” cheered Hyerin before giving Youngjae a hug, gaining everyone’s attention.

“What? Can’t friends hug each other?” Youngjae scoffed rather shyly.

The others just shook their heads, not wanting to embarrass the guy even more. They knew that he had a little crush on Hyerin, as he just couldn’t keep his eyes off the girl since the very first day they have met. The smile on his face every time he’s talking to her was also an enough confirmation. “Focus, Youngjae,” said Himchan firmly as he pushed him out of the door.

The waiting room suddenly felt so quiet now that everyone’s gone, leaving only Himchan, CL and Hyerin behind. It was awkward for a moment, as Himchan was still a bit upset with his wife. Little did he know though, CL was giggling non-stop at her husband who was so clueless about everything. The mood suddenly changed again when Himchan let out a heavy sigh as he watched his band mates performing on TV.

“This is the main reason why I’m here,” CL said softly as she linked her arm with his, holding it very tightly.

Himchan turned to look at her, a bit puzzled. “Did you seriously think that I would let my husband watch his band performing without him alone? Over my dead body,” she continued and a smile finally appeared on Himchan’s face.

Speechless, Himchan just looked at his wife in the eyes. Tears slowly formed, blurring his vision. It’s the second time now that Himchan cried in front of his wife. And for the second time as well, it was more of happy tears than sad. CL wiped his tears away and gave her husband a soft peck on the lips. “Cheer up, baby. You’ll be back on stage in no time,” she said and Himchan didn’t waste a second as he pulled her closer for a more intimate kiss, completely forgetting Hyerin’s existence.

“Oh god, get a room, guys,” Hyerin stated, rolling her eyes and the couple just laughed out loud.

“How about you leave us alone here so we can continue with our business?” asked Himchan playfully.

“No, stay. He’s just joking,” CL chuckled as he shoved him away jokingly causing Himchan to give his famous pout, but it wasn’t that successful this time around as CL just ignored him and joined her sister on the couch.

***

[A FEW DAYS LATER]

‘Hey, what are you up to? I missed you. :(’ – Himchan

‘Hey handsome! We’re practicing for our comeback. And I just saw you this morning and you’ve missed me already? Ha! Just kidding. I missed you too. Very much.’ – CL

‘You scared me there a little. Hmph!’ – Himchan

‘Haha. Oops! Sorry.’ – CL

‘That’s okay. No need to be sorry, you silly. Oh, when’s your comeback? And how’s Hyerin?’ – Himchan

‘Hee. Most probably next week. It’s not confirmed yet. And Hyerin’s doing fine. She’s back in school now. Anyways, what are you doing? Aren’t you supposed to be at the hospital for your therapy?’ – CL

‘Ah, I see. Can’t wait to see you on stage again! Well, I am at the hospital. Still waiting for my turn and I couldn’t stop thinking about you. That’s why I texted you. Hehe.’ – Himchan

‘You’re being so cheesy again! Heh! But I like it. :D Anyways, I’ve got to get back to practice.’ – CL

‘I know you do. ;) Okay, and please be careful. Don’t hurt yourself. You don’t want to end up like me. Huhu.’ – Himchan

‘Silly boy! Don’t worry, I will. I’ll see you at home later. I don’t know what time I’ll be back though. So don’t wait up. You’re still recovering so you need to rest! Love you, silly boy.’ – CL

“Nyeh, love you too, gorgeous. See you later.’ – Himchan

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. Been distracted by a lot of things. I actually wanted to update yesterday but SBS Gayo Daejun was too amazing that it distracted me the whole day, even until now. Haha! Did you guys see CL & Hyori's special stage? OMG!!! And the hip hop collab stage too! Oh my Yongguk feels!! HAHAHA! Anyways, back to the fanfic. I know this chapter's a bit of a crap but I hope you would still enjoy it. And I know that most of you are waiting for a scene but unfortunately it's not in this chapter. But don't worry, it's coming out soon. So stay tuned! ;) As usual... upvote, comment and subscribe! ^^ Thank you, lovelies! <3