Starting Anew

Slowly But Surely

[CL’S POV]

We’ve been rehearsing for the final leg of our tour like crazy for the past few days. Finally, I was able to come home and have some rest for one whole day. It was already around 3:00 a.m. when I reached home. Feeling exhausted, I walked into the apartment sloppily, eager to be reunited with my oh-so-comfy bed.

I suddenly stopped in my tracks when I saw Himchan by the couch, looking at me with questionable eyes. I’ve been too engrossed in rehearsals all day that I’ve completely forgotten about the supposed dating news of Himchan and Hyosung. I stayed still by the door for a while, not knowing what to do or what to say.

“Hey, you’re home.” Himchan greeted me with somewhat a peaceful smile on his face as he approached me and helped me carry my bags.

He placed my things on the kitchen counter before he approached me once again, who was still frozen on the same spot. He grabbed my hand and dragged me gently towards the couch. “We need to talk.” he said, surprisingly with a calming voice rather than a demanding one.

We just sat there on the couch for like a minute or two, no words escaping both our mouths. He seemed to be really nervous. He let out a big sigh as he leaned back on the couch, covering his face with both his palms. To be quite honest, I felt kind of bad for him at that moment. I knew that he didn’t plan all this to happen. I knew that he had a lot of explaining to do. I knew that he was having a hard time, probably even harder than I was.

“Hey, you don’t have to do this if you’re not ready. I understand.” I said with a very soft voice so as not to make him even more nervous.

He looked at me with confused eyes. He was probably not expecting me to say that. “No. I need to do this now. You’re my wife and you deserve to know everything.” he replied, his eyes now looking straight into mine.

He let out a big sigh once again before he started explaining everything – every single thing. His voice cracked every now and then but his eyes never left mine. I could see nothing but sincerity and compassion in his eyes the entire time he was explaining. I somehow got lost in his eyes that I didn’t even realise that he has already stopped talking and that his hands were holding mine.

“Chaerin-ah, are you listening?” he asked as he squeezed my hands slightly, bringing me back to reality. “I said I was sorry.” he continued.

It took me a long minute to process everything he has just told me. I looked away, breaking our eye contact. But I could see from the corner of my eyes that he was still looking at me. I took a deep breath before turning back to him. “It would be a lie if I said that I wasn’t upset about this. I was. But it’s not because I was jealous or anything. What’s past is past, I understand. I just wished that you would tell me about it earlier. Or maybe give me a warning perhaps? The news shocked a lot of people, not just me but also my parents and your parents. They really thought that you were cheating on me, you know.” I said with a neutral voice.

“I know, I’m sorry. I was going to tell you the other day… in the kitchen. When I told you not to be friends with her.” he replied, now looking down.

“Well, next time, try not to be so angry and go straight to the point!” I chuckled as I leaned back on the couch comfortably.

He, too, was leaning against the couch once again and we just stared blankly at the ceiling. “I’m fine.” I mumbled, loud enough for Himchan to hear.

He looked at me, surprised, but I kept staring at the ceiling still. “I know you’re worried about me. I said I am fine. So stop worrying, okay?” I continued as I turned my head to look at him, only to find our faces very close to one another.

There we go again! Our eyes locked on one another, our faces only a couple inches away. I could feel my cheeks getting warmer and my heart beating faster. But somehow, I didn’t want to look away. I wanted to get lost in his eyes again. And surprisingly, he didn’t seem to want to look away either.

We just stayed like that for God knows how long – just staring deeply into each other’s eyes without saying anything, and his hand still holding mine. I didn’t know what was that all about but I liked it. No, I loved it! Without realising it, the sun was slowly rising. I didn’t even realise that we’ve been talking – and of course, staring at each other’s eyes like a creep – for hours.

“Come on, I want to show you something.” said Himchan with a smile and before I could even say anything, he was already dragging me out of the apartment.

“Where are you taking me? What do you want to-” I tried asking in between my breaths as we were running up the stairs but my sentence was cut by the beautiful scenery in front of me.

“Tadah!” cried Himchan happily as he stretched both his arms sideways. “Isn’t it beautiful?” he asked, still smiling widely.

I was speechless. My jaws literally dropped in awe. I’ve seen sunsets many times before but never a sunrise. Words couldn’t even describe how beautiful it was. Slowly, a smile started to appear on my face. “I know you’d like it!” he said as he nudged my shoulder playfully.

I was too busy enjoying the view when Himchan suddenly held my hand again. He really got to stop doing this because my heart couldn’t take it. It just couldn’t! “I want to start anew.” he said and I looked at him with confused eyes. “I know we’re married but we’ve never really got the chance to know each other. Like really, really know each other. So… I thought maybe… we could go out? Like on a date?” he continued, pouting his mouth rather cutely.

That was cute. Very cute. I really wanted to squish his cheeks right there and then but I managed to control myself. “Umm… No!” I teased as I walked away, back towards our apartment.

“What? Why?” he asked, a bit taken aback.

“Just cause~” I again, stifling a laugh.

“Are you still mad at me? I’m really sorry, okay?” he sounded genuinely disappointed, making me felt a bit guilty.

“I’m not mad at you anymore. Well, maybe I still am… a bit.” I chuckled as I took off my shoes. “I’m tired. I’m going to sleep first.” I continued as I walked towards my room.

“Wait, let’s have breakfast first.” he said, dragging me back into the kitchen.

“But I’m really tired.” I whined.

“But breakfast is the most important meal of the day!” he started to nag like a mother; I almost forgot that he’s the eomma of B.A.P.

“Fine!” I said. “But only if you’re cooking… Channie!” I continued with a teasing smile on my face.

“Oppa!” he commanded.

“No, Channie!” I insisted.

“Fine! But no breakfast for you!” he replied almost childishly.

“Okay, then. You can forget about that date you were talking about~” I retorted in a teasing manner.

“Okay, okay. You can call me Channie! And you can have breakfast! But please don’t cancel the date!” he finally gave up and I grinned happily knowing that I’ve won the argument.

He just sighed and started preparing our breakfast. I’ve got to say though, he’s a really good cook. The food he made was so delicious. We had our breakfast silently. But it was not the awkward kind of silent. It was a good, calming one. I helped him with the dishes as soon as we finished eating. He didn’t let me, at first. But I insisted on doing so. I thought that it was only fair that I helped a little since he did all the cooking.

“Thank you for the good food!” I said before heading to my room.

“You’re welcome.” he replied happily

“And about the date, I’ll think about it.” I stuck out my tongue before I closed my bedroom door, leaving him rather flustered.

“But… Chaerin! You said you won’t cancel it!” I could hear him shouting from the other side of the door.

“I didn’t say that!” I chuckled from inside. “Don’t worry, Channie. We’ll go on that date for sure. I just don’t know exactly when that will be.” I continued, trying my best not to laugh out loud.

I don’t know why but I somehow enjoyed teasing him. He’s so cute when he’s all upset like that. It’s weird, though. I don’t usually go for cute guys but Himchan’s definitely an exception.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.

 

A/N: Ah, I hope you guys enjoyed this cute chapter! :D Upvote, subscribe and comment~ ^^