Baekhyun: Chapter Twenty-Three!

You Captured My Heart!

Minah’s POV

 

‘Oh MY God what did I do?’ I thought as I slammed the door of my room. ‘Now we’ll avoid each other… I’m not his best friend anymore!’ I started feeling so bad until I got a message from an unknown number.

From: Unknown

How’s my fatty? Did you miss me? Hehe I missed you too! I got some great news! Guess what?

I’m coming to visit you! I might be just in front of your house, who knows? ;)

 

I blinked as I read the text message. My instincts told me that I should go outside. I opened the main door to find myself embraced by a guy. I broke the hug to find my best friend from Canada in front of me!

“Chunji?!!” I shouted and jumped in his arms. “OMG I should’ve known it was you! How can it be that you’re-? OMG who cares you’re here!” I shouted as I hugged him so tight that he was suffocating. I broke the hug and rubbed the back of my neck. “Hehe, sorry. I was excited.” He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

“I’m excited too, fatty.” I punched his arm lightly and invited him inside.

“So what brings you in Korea, Chunji?” I asked from the kitchen as I was taking some bowls with snacks and some cans with drinks.

“I came to see how’s my best friend doing! You left without telling me and I was super sad but hey, at least I didn’t die from sadness.” He said with a pout and I started laughing. I missed his cuteness, his lame jokes, his laugh, his perfume, his everything and most of all, HIM. I missed him.

“I missed you too.” I placed the bowls with snacks and the cans on the table of my living room.

“So this is your house?” He looked around and asked me if he could sit in the couch.

“Yup.” I nodded with a smile.

“Where are your parents?”

“They went back to Canada because of their business. They’ll come back next month.”

“I see.” He said as silence filled the room. He started drinking from the can while I was eating the snacks. “So you’re living alone now? I’m glad I came to accompany you. I’m such a great oppa.” I chuckled and punched his arm lightly.

“How long are you staying here, Chunji?”

“Call me oppa, please.” He grinned and I giggled.

“Oppa, how long are you staying here?”

“As long as you want me to.” He leaned forward and I blinked. ‘OMG what is he doing.’

I could feel his breath hit my lips as he leaned forward. I froze in my seat and suddenly, he wiped something off the corner of my lips.

“That piece of snack was ruining your beautiful face.” He smiled and leaned back. I laughed awkwardly as I blushed.

“Minah, is there anyone you like?”

“No-no one!” I stuttered as I replied as fast as I could.

“I know you like someone! I can see it in your face.” I was blushing like crazy as I tried to hide my face. He chuckled and pinched my cheeks. He opened his mouth to say something but the doorbell rang and I thanked God for this.

I went to open the door and I was greeted by 11 boys and 1 girl.

“We’re going to solve this situation right now.” Chanyeol walked forward and looked at me with a smirk. “Baekhyun told me everything, now it’s your turn to tell us why!” I gulped, they’re talking about what happened an hour ago aren’t they?

I let them come in and they greeted Chunji.

“Who’s him?” The cold city boy (Kris) asked.

“He’s my best friend from Canada.” I grinned and they nodded.

“Hello. I’m Chunji! It’s nice to meet you.” They introduced each other and Chunji became good friends with them.

We all sat on the ground and made a circle.

“So, mind telling us why you did that earlier?” Chen asked like a detective.

“You guys know that I like him don’t you?” I asked them and they nodded. “Let me get my hands on you Park Chanyeol!”

“Hey! I did it for your good!” Chanyeol defended himself and I shook my head lightly as I glared him.

“Since he told you everything then I’m only going to say that I am hurt. I can’t go on with hiding my feelings and helping him to get a girlfriend or be a nice friend to the girls around him while I’m suffering in silence. I can’t bear the fact that MoonRi wants to kill me just because I’m close to Baekhyun. And I can’t bear to see Baekhyun getting hurt because of me and MoonRi.” A tear fell down my cheek and I took a deep shaky breath. “I don’t want to see him suffer because of me. So it’s better if we avoid each other for a while.”

Everyone was listening to me in silence and Chunji patted my back.

“I could see it in your eyes that you already liked someone.” I hid my face and he chuckled. “But I don’t think you should let go of him just because of that girl you’re talking about. If you love each other than you have to fight for your happiness, but I’m not going to interrupt you. This is your life. And if you need a shoulder… I’m here for you.” I hugged him and he hugged me back as the boys around us were smiling and ran to hug me too.

“You can do it Minah! Fighting!” Minyoung said as she hugged me tight.

We all hugged and then decided to watch a movie.

“I think we should invite Baekhyun too.” I said and they all saw me with wide eyes. “What?” I asked and they chuckled.

“I thought you were going to avoid him.” Tao said and I shook my head.

“Only at school.” I added and he nodded. I called Baekhyun over and he happily accepted.

I opened the door and greeted Baekhyun inside. We chose the movie: My Boyfriend Is Type B and started watching it.

When the movie ended we all whispered ‘Ah that was a nice movie.’ Well, except two love birds.

“OMG they’re kissing.” Sehun shouted and I fell on the floor laughing with the other guys too.

Kris and Minyoung broke the kiss and saw us with eyes full of fire.

“We’re going to kill you!” They said and I burst into laughter again.

“Let the love birds have a time alone.” Lay said and we nodded.

“But first, let’s play Truth Or Dare!” Xiumin suggested and we all accepted.

The bottle started spinning and it landed on Kris. He chose dare and Xiumin dared him to get off the T-shirt he was wearing.

Luhan said truth and Kris asked him if he had his first kiss and Luhan replied with a ‘yes’.

The bottle landed on me and I chose truth.

“Do you like anyone between us, except someone?”

“Yeah… I used to like him when I first met him but then I understood he was just like a brother to me.” Chunji blushed and he understood that it was him.

“Ooh la la. Something’s fishy here.” Kai joked but someone in here got angry all of a sudden.

“I have to go. I forgot I have to do some homework.” Baekhyun said as he walked to the main door and stepped out of my house.

“Go!” Suho pushed me and I got up and ran to the door.

 

“Yah! Baekhyun-ah!” I called his name but he didn’t answer. I ran next to him and grabbed his hand. “Why did you leave? Why are you avoiding me?”

“Wasn’t that the plan? It will help you and your little boyfriend more that it will help us.” He said with an irritated voice. ‘Calm down Minah. Clam down…’

“Baekhyun, you-“

“You what? You can’t say that to my boyfriend?” He copied my voice. “What? What?” He asked as he raised his voice. What’s wrong with him?!

“I don’t have a boyfriend you idiot! He’s my best friend back in Canada!” I yelled and he blinked.

“Then why did you say that you liked him?” He asked, hurt could be heard in his voice.

“I used to like him in the past not now.” I said calmly and he blinked again.

“Oh…” Was all he said. I just wanted to kick him off a hill and…

“Why did you do that?!” He frowned as he rubbed his leg. Yup, I hit him right in the leg.

“Because you need to feel my pain which is worst than that!”

Then I flicked his forehead. “Because you need to become smarter and try to read girls’ minds just like I learnt you to.”

“And this.” I kissed his cheek. “Because you’re my best friend even though people want to separate us.” I smiled and he grinned happily. He hugged me tight and I hugged him back. All of our broken pieces sticking back together.

He planted a kiss on my forehead as he rubbed my back.

“You’re the death of me.” He whispered but I didn’t dare to ask him further. Why?

Cause I don’t want us to fight again…

And because I think I already know the answer behind that sentence.