Baekhyun: Chapter Thirteen!

You Captured My Heart!

 

Author’s POV

 

“I’m home!!” After Minah’s mom heard her daughter’s voice, she quickly ran to her from the kitchen and gave her a tight hug.

“How’s my baby?” She pinched Minah’s cheeks and the latter one started laughing.

“Not bad mom…” She smiled and hugged her mom. “I’m hungry!” She said cutely and her mom went to cook. After lunch was made, they called their dad to join them.

They started eating and talking about what had happened these past few days.

“Minah, we have some news for you.” Her dad said and Minah quickly looked away from her food to find her dad’s eyes. “We’re going back to Canada.” Minah’s eyes got wide. ‘We’re going back again?’

“But… It has passed only two weeks and we’re turning back again? I thought we would stay here!!” Minah didn’t want to turn back, not now that she made a promise and her dream to be in SM High came true.

“We’re not going there as a family. Only the two of us.” Her dad continued and Minah blinked several times. “We’ll go tomorrow and after a month we’ll turn again. Meanwhile you’re going to stay here and live with the Byun’s.” Her eyes got wide and gasped.

“But… I…” She looked down and let out a puff. “Ok.” She nodded and her dad smiled.

“I’m sorry honey.” Her mom hugged and kissed her.

“I know.” Minah whispered and hugged her mom.

 

After she ate lunch and got the news Minah felt tired and went to sleep. When she woke up she didn’t do her homework but decided to go out.

Meanwhile Baekhyun saw the lights of his neighbour’s house get blank and he ran to the head balcony where he saw Minah walking outside.

“What is she doing out this late?” He asked himself and got his coat. He followed her but Minah didn’t realize that, and kept walking until she stopped in front of a building. It was the SM Ent. Building.

She walked inside and stopped in front of their practice room.

“Why would she come here today? We don’t have practice.” Baekhyun thought but he didn’t join her. He stood outside and saw her talking to their teacher. The teacher nodded and gave her some keys.

“I can’t listen to what they’re talking!!” Baekhyun complained but let it slip away as their teacher came out the room. He hid himself inside the practice room and watched her pick a song.

Suddenly Shin Jin – Melody of the Night started playing and Minah gave herself to the music. Her body followed the slow rhythm and her eyes closed as she danced to the melody. Suddenly a tear fell down her cheeks and made its way to the chin. Baekhyun got worried and wanted to go and hug her but then he realized that she might need a time alone.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

Minah’s different. She doesn’t use people… She isn’t selfish. She loves everyone more than herself. Even though people might think they know her, they know nothing about her. She might look strong, but deep inside she’s weak. She might look powerful, but deep inside she’s fragile. She might look happy…

But deep inside she’s hurt.

Day by day I find new things about this girl and this only makes me more attracted to her. Just like in chemistry, opposites attract.

As I saw her dance to the song, I realized she was one with the music, I realized how much she loved the world of music and I started liking her even more.

‘I want to know what’s wrong with her. I want to know why she’s crying. Is it because of today?’

Suddenly the music stopped playing and Minah stopped moving. She took a deep breath and sat cross-legged on the floor.

“I don’t want to leave them… I’m not going to do this just because of MoonRi.” She suddenly said and that’s when anger started boiling inside of me.

“If it’s because of her that you’re hurt, then let me kill her with my own hands.” I suddenly shouted and Minah got up shocked.

“Baekhyun…” She said softly and I face palmed myself. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m sorry, ok?! I was worried to see you like that so I followed you here.” It was no use lying now so I just told her the truth. I saw a half smile appear on her face as she walked to me and hugged me.

“It’s my fault for being so sensitive…”

“What do you mean?” I asked as I played with her hair.

“Nothing… Just thanks for worrying.” She smiled and turned around to walk away. I was going to grab her arm and tell her to go together, but she just ran outside and it was too late for me to catch her.

 

*Tomorrow Morning*

 

I yawned and woke up when I suddenly heard a familiar voice. It was Minah’s voice, but what was she doing here early in the morning?

I ran downstairs even though I was still in my pajamas and bed hair. I saw Minah talking with my mom and blinked.

“What are you doing here?” I asked and mom tsk-ed.

“Is this how you greet people Baekhyun?” I chuckled when mom was trying to educate me.

“Sorry mommy.” I did aegyo and she grinned.

“You always know how to change my mind.” She pouted and I hugged her. I love my mom. She is funny and cute and I am lucky to have a mom like her.

Meanwhile Minah was eye-smiling and watching us with happiness.

‘I wonder if she’s better today… After what happened yesterday I couldn’t talk with her.’

“Now Baekhyun, greet our new family member.” Mom grinned and I coughed.

“What?” I said while coughing.

“She’s going to live with us for a month because her parents need to go back to Canada. You’ll also share the same room.” She patted my head and got her bag. “I’m going to work! Be nice!” She shouted and closed the door. I looked down on her and saw her blushing.

“What?” I asked as she chuckled.

“Nice hair.” Minah joked and tiptoed to reach my height. She started fixing my hair and I felt my heart beating faster than the usual. I inhaled her sweet cherry smell and looked into her eyes.

‘How many times has it been now that you were too concentrated about helping me and forgetting how close we are?’ I thought as my heart was beating faster and faster.

 

-Flashback-

“Yah Baekkie~~~ your hair is messy. Let me help you!!” MoonRi said cutely and started fixing my hair as I grinned happily. I kissed her cheek and nose as she giggled and kissed my chin.

-End Of Flashback-

 

“Make me forget her.” I said with a breathy voice and Minah tilted her head.

“Eh?” She asked with her cuteness, making me want to squish her cheeks.

“Make me. Forget her.” I complained as I leaned forward. When suddenly we heard someone clear his throat and I gasped.

‘Crap. Baekbom is still home!!!’

I shut my eyes closed and turned my head at him. I quickly let go of Minah’s hand who I just grabbed a while ago to stop her fixing my hair.

A wide grin appeared on Baekbom’s face and he mouthed a ‘yes’ as he punched the air with his fist.

“I knew it! I knew you wouldn’t resist her.” He said happily and I blushed.

“It’s not what you’re thinking hyung. Stop it…” I tried sound hurt and annoyed and he blinked.

“Oh… Sorry I just thought… Well Minah! Welcome at your new house!” He changed the subject and ruffled her hair. “Gonna to work now! And Minah, you don’t have to go to school. I already called the teachers and told them that you’re sick.” I blinked and looked at her.

Minah’s eyes were kind of teary and her nose was red.

“Oh my! What happened to you?” I caressed her small face and waited for her to answer.

“I caught a cold yesterday…” She barely said and I nodded.

“Thanks God you don’t have a temperature.” I smiled and kissed her forehead.

“It’s getting late… You have to go to school.” She said with a worried look on her face while watching the clock. I giggled and grabbed her hand.

“Nah! I can’t leave you alone. What if you have temperature? And you took care of me when I was hurt, now I have to take care of you.” She nodded and thanked me. I told her to lie on my bed and suddenly she fell asleep. Her head resting on my chest as I massaged her head.

I know she might find it weird, but I like being with her. I like having her as my friend. Best friend.
Minah’s POV

 

I fell asleep under his warm embrace and drifted to dreamland.

I was happy that I had him by my side even though at first I didn’t like him at all. I mean, look at him. He’s being kind and he worries about me. But I shouldn’t forget that he’s doing this just because he feels bad about what happened with MoonRi and me. Or he’s doing this so I can help him more!

Or maybe he really thinks of me as his friend…