Baekhyun: Chapter Fourteen!

You Captured My Heart!

Baekhyun’s POV

 

I started playing with her hair when suddenly a flashback once again invaded my thoughts.

 

~Flashback~

“You’ve changed Baekhyun.” Her words rang in my ears all day as tears almost fell from my eyes like Niagara Falls. “I don’t think we can keep this going. You don’t care about me anymore! All you do is stay with those boys and forget about our dates!”

‘Forget about our dates’. Really now? I always called her, telling her that I couldn’t come because of practice! Is she kidding me?

“You’re not good enough for me Baekkie… You’ve changed.” And with that betrayal I drank the cup of poison and remained alive.

A whole year of trying hard to be with her. A whole year of trying hard to make her the happiest girl in the world and she’s telling me it was just a waste?

Can’t she see how much I love her? Can’t she see how much she means to me? Can’t she understand?

“Pabo me who loves you with all my heart… Pabo you who doesn’t get me.” I said as I tried to hold back the tears that were burning in my eyes.

Nothing happened to her. She didn’t show a bit of affection, she wasn’t sorry, she didn’t cry. And she didn’t understand.

~End Of Flashback~

 

Everything that happened that day started repeating in my mind and my body’s response was: cry like a pabo.

Tears started burning in my eyes as they were threading to fall. I closed my eyes and they fell down my cheeks as I took a deep breath and opened my eyes to find Minah looking at me with hurt eyes.

“You need to get over her Baek… You need to pull yourself together.” She whispered as her soft hands ran through my cheeks and started cleaning up the lake that was falling from my eyes.

“Oh Geez I’m such a girl.” I laughed and quickly grabbed the tissues across the cushion of my bed.

“No you’re not…” She whispered and let go of my face.

“I’m crying.” I pointed with my index finger towards myself and started wiping my face.

“Real men cry…” She said ever so softly as a smile found its way to her lips. I smiled and nodded, my tears already dried up.

“Just because of you I’m changing.” I almost whispered as I took a deep breath. How many months has it been that I’ve smiled to a girl before? I used to be the cold guy, which I still am but there’s something different now. I’m opening up… I’m greeting the girls of my school, I’m flashing them smiles and take photos with them when they ask me too. And most of all, I’m being friends or frenemies or whatever you want to call it, with a special someone. With someone just like the Christmas Day, that brings the light to my face and makes me smile just like kids who got their Christmas present from Santao Claus.

Thanks to you Minah I’m changing… And thanks to you I’ll learn what love means again.

“Me?” She pointed towards herself and grinned. “I know… I’m awesome.” She winked and I started laughing.

“I feel like throwing up.” I joked and we both started laughing but ended up stopping when Minah felt dizzy.

“I’m dizzy…” Her right hand rested on her forehead as a whisper left her lips. My eyes got wide and I quickly asked her if she was ok even though I knew she was not. She nodded but her face didn’t show the same.

“You’re pale! Oh my God what do I do?” I looked around the room and spotted a thermometer. “Lie here.” I moved the cushions into a comfortable position and she lied on my bed.

“Baek I told you I’m fine… I’m strong.” She smiled but then a bawl left her lips as she placed her right hand on her forehead again. “My head hurts…” She pouted and I looked at her with worry.

“Don’t complain and put the thermometer in your mouth!” I almost shouted when she started complaining and telling me she was ok when she was not. She blinked twice and opened . I placed the thermometer inside and told her I was going to the pharmacist’s house next door.

I turned back with a bag of medicines in my hand.

“So, I have to drink the syrup now and after 5 minutes the antibiotic?” Her eyes widened as she asked me, quite shocked about the amount of medicines.

“Yeah…?” I asked myself, not remembering what the pharmacist told me.

“Are you kidding me?! I never drank this much medicines. Just give me a painkiller!” She got up and started walking to the kitchen but I quickly wrapped my arms around her waist and spun her around 90.

“Drink them. Now.” I commanded harshly, earning a gulp from Minah.

“Okay…” She whispered and walked to my room.

After finishing the soup I made for her and drinking her medicines, Minah and I started talking stupid stuff from childhood.

“And then when I found out that Santao wasn’t real, I almost cried a Han river!!!” I said and we fell on the bed laughing like crazy. A phone ringing could be heard on the background so I decided to get up and pick it.

“Hello! This is the Byun’s house, how can I help you?” I asked like a boss, earning a chuckle from Minah.

“DAMN YOU AND YOUR SURNAME! WELL THE HELL ARE YOU? I ALMOST GOT A HEART ATTACK! ARGH!” Chanyeol shouted from the other line and my phone fell on the floor.

“Damn it dude you damaged my eardrum!!!” I shouted back but not as loud as he.

“Why didn’t you answer your cell phone? I’ve been calling you for these past hours and-“ Chanyeol kept blabbering as I face palmed myself. Hard.

“Dude please stop and let me explain.” I started telling him that Minah will live for me for a whole month and that she was sick so we couldn’t come. After talking for almost an hour, he finally said what he was trying to say all this time.

“Let’s go to hell training together!” He shouted and so did the other members together with Minyoung.

“Man I’m so sorry but we can’t come. Minah isn’t able to walk out of the house because of her headache and I’m not able to dance yet.” I pouted after replaying to him, earning a loud ‘aw’.

“Well I understand. We’ll tell the teacher about this, don’t worry. Get well soon! We love you!” They all shouted in the end and the line went dead. I chuckled and turned at Minah who was drinking cold water.

“Yah! Pabo!” I shouted and took the bottle with cold water away from her grip. “Are you insane? That’ll make you worst.” She nodded while pouting and turned around to walk inside my room.

“When will your brother get married?” She asked as I started my invisible beard.

“I think next month but they’re not sure yet.”

“Ah.. I see.” Was all she managed to say. A silence filled the room and I didn’t understand where this was going.

“About the-“ We said in the same time and ended up chuckling.

“Go first.” She said, but because I’m a gentleman I told her to go first but she insisted so I started first.

“I was going to ask you about the lessons…”

“Me too.” She whispered and I nodded.

“I can’t handle this anymore. For a moment I thought I woke up from that nightmare but I haven’t. And I need you to help me… Teach me.” I almost whispered the last part as I didn’t  dare to look into her eyes. I must sound ridiculous to her.

“I’m ok with that. I’ll try to help you! But don’t blame me if you can’t handle things, ok? Shall we start today?” She asked happily but I shook my head.

“But you’re sick…” I whispered and she chuckled.

“If I keep on staying inside your bed I will get worst.” I nodded and told her to begin.

~~~

“I’ll write down a list with things you need to learn… Please wait until I finish.” She smiled and I nodded. I gave her my notebook and a pen.

“Done!!!” She sang happily and turned the notebook towards me. “So first of all there are 12 tips to learn, divided in two chapters. The first chapter is The Tips Of ‘How to Get Girls’, the second one is The Tips Of Learning How To Love.” She grinned and I nodded.

“So with what will we start today?” I asked and she looked towards the notebook.

“We’ll start with the first chapter. The first tip is to talk with girls which I already think you did, so I’ll put here a tick.” She said as she wrote a tick on the left side of the first tip. “The second tip is to smile and always act as a gentleman.”

“I think you should tick that too.” I smiled but she just ended up laughing.

“Just because you’re a gentleman with me, doesn’t give you advantage! You’re still like a lost puppy when you’re with girls.” She teased and I glared her.

“Girls like it when you appreciate who and what they are. If you smile and greet them or even if you’re gentleman, like opening the door of the class for them or help them seat in the chair is enough to make them believe you’ve changed for good.” She continued with a smile and I nodded. “So I’ll check tomorrow if you understood me.”

“Don’t worry, I learn fast.” I winked and she acted like she was throwing up.

“Just don’t do that with them or the poor girls are going to die.”

“Good or bad?”

“Good.”

“Then that means you actually like it.” She blinked as a shade of pink covered her cheekbones.

“Shut up…” I giggled and nodded.

“Let’s watch a movie.” I broke the awkward atmosphere and decided to watch a random movie I found some days ago.

As we saw the movie I started to become more impatient.

What if everything goes wrong and I will end up repeating the same lesson all the time?

What if the girls actually hate me for turning down their confessions?

And questions like this started to invade my mind and I mentally slapped myself so I could stop. I took the notebook in my hands and started reading the tips.

 

 

The Tips Of ‘How To Get Girls’.

1. Talk with girls.

2. Smile and always act as a gentleman.

3. Always help them!

4. Try to read what’s in their mind.

5. Act cute!

 

The Tips Of ‘Learning How To Love’.

 

1.    Hang out with your friends.

2.  Choose someone who grabbed your attention throughout the time you’ve got to have girl friends.

3.  Ask her on a date and always give compliments.

4.  Ask her about herself.

5.  Give her gifts.

6.  She’s more important than anything.

7.  Ask her to be your girlfriend.

 

I think I’m going to die…