Baekhyun: Chapter Eighteen!

You Captured My Heart!

Author’s POV

 

Just like Baekhyun thought, he was stuck in the same lesson for almost a whole week. Just because of that ‘simple’ lesson he can’t go to the next chapter.

“Lesson 4. Try to read what’s inside their mind.” He whispered to himself. This sentence invaded his mind the whole week. Even when his at school, at home, at the bathroom, and most of all: sleeping. He tried to ask Minah for advice but she wouldn’t help him.

Not that she didn’t want to, but she couldn’t. Not that she couldn’t, but she was sick.

Baekhyun’s problem was the fourth tip. Minah’s problem was the guy practicing the fourth tip.

“I can’t. No. No. Nononono.” She would keep telling her mind but her heart refused to listen. ‘You like him’ her heart would say, ‘You hate him’ her mind would say. But even though she tried her best to forget all the crazy thoughts and feelings she had right now, she couldn’t. It was too strong for her.

Minah has never been in love before and this sudden change of emotions changed her way she thought of Baek.

It has passed two months since the last time she met him and a week and a half since the last time they made a deal. Those two weeks changed her life and she regrets accepting that deal.

“Minah are you listening to me?” Baekhyun would ask her when he needed help with the fourth tip but Minah wasn’t in planet Earth anymore.

“Baekhyun I’m not in the right mood.” She would reply and he’d ask himself every night before going to sleep: ‘What’s wrong with Minah?’.

The problem was that every time she caught him looking at her, her heart would skip a beat. Every time he would talk and every time he would sing, her heart would start beating faster and faster than the actual rhythm.

‘Finally I’m in love.’ She would hear girls shouting happily to their friends and the aura around them was full of flowers and hearts. But Minah didn’t like the fact of being in love… with him. Because it felt wrong for her to fall in love with the one she is actually teaching and with her, let’s call it ‘best friend’.

 

It was Friday, the last day of school and Minah with Baekhyun were getting ready for school.

“Turn around.” She told Baekhyun to turn around but he didn’t listen her cause he was listening to music with his headphones. “Byun Baekhyun!!!” She shouted and his eyes finally found it’s way to her eyes.

“Yes?” He stopped the music and took off his headphones.

“Turn around.” She couldn’t talk more since her heart was beating like crazy and it felt like it could be heard all over the room.

Baekhyun turned around and started playing on his phone. He turned around to see if Minah had already changing but he found Minah with crossed arms, still on her pajama. His eyes widened and a shade of pink covered his cheeks.

“Byuntae!” She whispered and did a circle with her index finger, signing him to turn around again.

“I can feel your eyes burning my back.” He chuckled and Minah shook her head. ‘No feelings.’ She reminded herself. The good thing about Minah was that she can hide her feelings very well, and she loved this part of her.

Minah just let out a sigh and quickly changed into her school uniform.

“Let’s go.” Baekhyun held her hand but Minah quickly held her hand away. “Minah!” He shouted in annoyance. “Let me hold your hand.”

“From now on you need to follow the terms and conditions!” She shouted and Baekhyun’s mouth fell on the floor.

“What do you mean? What am I doing to you?!” He cried and Minah crossed her arms.

“You’re not giving me my personal space.” She said calmly and walked forward.

“Don’t tell me you have a crush on someone and you don’t want him to see us together!” He ran to her and started teasing her but he earned a nod from Minah.

“Yes, I do have a crush on someone and it’s none of your business. “ She replied to him with full concern and Baekhyun felt his heart sink.

‘What’s wrong with me?’ He asked himself and then shook his head. “Who’s he?” Baekhyun asked, his eyebrows furrowed in anger.

“I thought I told you that it’s none of your business.” She replied with annoyance.

‘How can she be so calm?’ He asked himself as he saw Minah activating her poker face. ‘She’s totally hiding something.’

Did I tell you that she can hide her feelings very well? Well, she can’t when she’s hiding something really big and her poker face activates immediately.

“I know you’re hiding something!” He pinched her cheeks. He was sure that she was lying to him. “I know you don’t like anyone.” He grinned but Minah frowned and suddenly shouted something she shouldn’t have said.

“I have a crush on Chanyeol, ok? Now leave me alone.”

“What?! Liar!!!” Baekhyun shouted and saw her running inside the school. His breath became heavier and his heart was beating fast. ‘Liar.’ He whispered to himself and walked inside the school slowly.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

While I was heading to my classroom I saw the usual ‘gossip girls’ of my class gossiping about MoonRi. I sat on my usual seat: the first desk next to the window, and the gossip girls were seating behind me.

Suddenly MoonRi walked inside the classroom and sat on the seat next to me. We didn’t look at each other, but both heard the same conversation of the girls.

“I found out that MoonRi is leaving this school!” A girl said while chuckling and the other girls gasped.

“Mwo? Wae?”

“Because she thinks this school isn’t good enough for her. Also her new boyfriend is a trainee under Woollim Entertainment.” Another girl said while grinning and the rest started chuckling.

“She’s such a ! I don’t understand why Baekhyun fell for her! But it’s good that he understood his fault.” Another girl said.

“Better late than never.” The same girl that opened the conversation said and winked at them.

“I heard he’s changing. He talks with girls now and he’s being a great gentleman!”

“Yeah that’s right! Maybe someone will catch his attention again! Let’s cross our fingers!!!” The other girl suddenly shouted and the other girls started laughing.

“Geez this is so embarrassing!” They whispered and I chuckled.

 

I turned my attention at Minah who was actually smiling. She could see that I cared less now and that I was improving.

“I’ll draw a tick on the fourth one.” She suddenly whispered and my eyes widened. Minah opened my notebook and after she ticked the fourth tip, she grinned. “Welcome to the next chapter, which is going to be harder…” I nodded and turned my attention at my notebook that was now in my hands.

The teachers kept on blabbering but the only thing that was in my mind was Minah.

‘She likes Chanyeol? No way.’

 

 

Author’s POV

 

“Finally lunch break.” Chanyeol grinned and ran to Minah.

“I missed you so much!!!” He shouted and hugged her from behind.

“Me too Channie~~~” She sang and turned around to hug him. While the two of them were hugging and laughing, Baekhyun was boiling.

‘Really now?’ He asked himself and his face became red from anger.

“Oh my God you’re boiling Baekhyun!!!” Chen shouted and gave him a glass of water that evaporated with a single touch of Baekhyun’s hand.

While a chaos was happening with the rest of EXO, Chanyeol and Minah walked to their classroom drinking chocolate milk together.

“You’ve been down these days… What’s wrong?” Suddenly Chanyeol asked Minah and she took a deep breath.

“I told Baekhyun that I have a crush on you.”

“You do?!” Chanyeol asked, quite surprised.

“No… I like you as a bro. But I didn’t know how to make Baekhyun stop invading my personal space.

“Mwo? What does he do to you?” Chanyeol smirked.

“He always holds my hand, kissed my forehead and takes care of me like I’m the most fragile thing on the planet Earth. I don’t like this.” Minah pouted and Chanyeol grinned.

“Well done Minah.” He whispered and asked for permission to talk in private on the phone. He quickly ran out of the class and called Kris.

“This is perfect!” Chanyeol shouted as soon as the other line accepted the call.

“What’s perfect.”

“There’s a chance! A perfect chance for both of them!” Kris gasped when he heard the great news from Chanyeol and jumped in awe.

“Finally!”

“But it still needs work… We gotta do something!”

“I’m sure Chen will help us.”

After they stopped their conversation, Chanyeol walked inside the classroom and apologized to Minah for being late.

“What’s wrong?” He asked her when he saw Minah’s face.

“I have a crush on Baekhyun…” She suddenly whispered and Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

“OMG really?!!”

“Yeah…”  Her voice cracked and she took a deep breath. “I don’t want to, Chanyeol. At least not with him.” He walked towards her and hugged her tightly.

“It’s ok… Everything will be just fine. Believe me.”

 

 


A/N: Hello~~~ ^.^ What do you think of this chapter? Do you like it? What about the story?

Please vote here:

 

So I can know how much you like and dislike this story. 

 

I love you all! And Happy New Year :) May this year be the best for you! Saranghae