A Fool in Love 4 (sequel)

Story Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello!
Sorry for the delay on this sequel
Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this one
Drop some comment so I'll know how you think about it!
Thanks!!

 

 

A Fool in Love 4

 

Life is too short to be anything but happy

Kiss slowly, love deeply

Forgive quickly, take chances

Give everything, and leave with no regrets

Forget the past with the exception of what you have learned from it

And remember

Everything happen for a reason

 

~~~~~~

 

Edelweiss Hotel, Berchtesgaden

It was 4.30 in the morning. A girl was looking out the window, watching the beautiful snows falling from the sky. It must be freezing outside, she thought. Unlike other people who were already in their dreamland, this girl was having a tough time to sleep. Her mind was occupied by a certain eye-smile girl. Memories that they have shared were playing through her mind.

 

(Flashback ver.1)

“Achoo!”

She quickly wrapped a blanket around the shivering girl. “See! I’ve told you not to come here! But, nooo~~, you were too stubborn. Look what you get yourself into right now??”

The girl stayed silent. She hated to admit it but the girl was right. It was her own choice to walk her way to the apartment despite the heavy cold weather. Even the road was filled with snow.

“Why won’t you listen to what I said, huh, Im Yoona?” She looked at the girl who was rubbing her red nose.

“My car broke down. I can’t take the taxi or bus because of the traffic, which got held up due to some accident, I think.”

“You can always meet me tomorrow.”

Yoong sighed and both of them fell into silent before Tiffany made her way to the kitchen while she sat down on the couch while wrapping her body with the blanket.

“Yoong?”

“Hm..”

Tiffany was making a hot choco for both of them. Yet, the silent from the other girl was unappealing for her. She took the two mugs and approached the girl who was sitting on the couch with her eyes on the TV. She looked gloomy.

“Here.” She gave the mug which the girl received without looking at her.

“Thanks.”

Tiffany kept her eyes on the girl. Somehow, she felt guilty. She should be thankful to her for coming at her place despite the weather. Plus, she loved having the girl near her. Yet, she was so worried about her health. The moment she opened the door and saw the girl in front of her door, shivering due to the cold weather, she was deadly worried.

“Hey…” She gently held the girl’s hand. “I’m sorry…”

Yoong sighed. “It’s okay. It’s my fault for coming—“

“No…” Tiffany quickly cut her words. She pulled the girl to face her. “You are always welcome here. I love you coming here. I’m just—I’m worried about you. I don’t want you to fall sick.”

“I can handle this. Just a simple cold won’t kill me you know.”

“Yah!” She hit her arm. “Don’t say it like that!”

“Sorry.” Yoong looked at her apologetically. “But, seriously. I won’t mind having a cold since I’ve already promise to accompany you today. Plus, it’s a special day. I’ve no one else to share with. My parent is in Moscow. The SooSun is with Soo’s family while the Yulsic is in San Fransisco. And you, I know you’re not going anywhere since you’re busy preparing for your fashion show next week. So, here I am.”

Tiffany felt guilty upon hearing Yoong’s explanation. Her eyes started were b in tears. She felt so bad for scolding the girl just now.

“Yah! Why Are you crying??”

“Yoona-yah~~” She wrapped her arms around the girl and buried her face on her shoulder. “I’m sorrryyyy~~ I didn’t mean to hurt your feeling… I—I’m sorry.”

Yoong chuckled at her dearly friend. She gently patted her head and cooing her to calm down. “Shhh… it’s okay. I’m not mad at you. Don’t cry… Don’t waste your precious tears on a night like this.” She smiled when the girl in her arm nodded her head like a 5 years old kid. Suddenly, her eyes caught something outside the apartment’s window. She smiled brightly and gently got up from the couch with Tiffany who was surprised and confused with her action. Soon, both of them were walking towards the window.

“Look.” She said while pointing at the scenery outside.

Tiffany’s eyes were wide open as she watched the falling snow through the window. “Oh my God, it’s beautiful. Yoong! It’s snowing. Look!!” She pointed at it excitedly.

That moment, unknown to Tiffany, Yoong was staring at her. The girl was mesmerized at the sight of Tiffany. She felt something in her heart. Something that she had not felt in a long time. She was enthralled by it. But at the same time, she felt scared of the feeling that she was having. Nonetheless, she kept her gazes on the girl.

“Yoong. Yoong? Hello~~” She was waving her hand in front of the girl who seem lost in her thought.

“Huh? Ye—yeah? “

“What are you thinking?” She looked at her concernedly.

“Nothing.”

“Sure?”

Yoona smiled and nodded her head assuredly. Tiffany smiled back and turned her head back to the sight outside the window.

“It’s beautiful right?”

“Yeah. It is.” She replied. Yet, Tiffany didn’t know that Yoona was actually referring to her. While Tiffany was admiring the sight, Yoong was admiring Tiffany. Later, she slowly took a box out of her jacket. “Fany-ah…”

Tiffany answered while turning her head towards Yoona. She was surprised when she saw Yoona opening a box in front of her. There was a bracelet in it.”Yoo-Yoong…”

“Yes?”  Yoona smiled warmly as she took out the Tiffany & Co platinum bracelet with four Marquise diamonds and held out her hand to Tiffany. “Can I?” She asked the still surprised girl who stood in front of her like a statue. She chuckled lightly before gently held Tiffany’s arm and put the bracelet on her. “Merry Christmas, Fany-ah…” She slowly said it.

“I—I…why—why you –I mean, it’s—“

“Shhh….” She was amused with Tiffany’s bewilderment. “ It’s Christmas . And I wanna be your Santa.”

Tears were b in her eyes. She was really touched with Yoona’s action. She never thought someone that she had met for a year could have done this for her.

“But—But I didn’t get anything for you.”

“This.” Yoong linked their hands together. “This friendship is enough for me. Meeting you and having you here today with me is the best gift I ever had. Thank you, Tiffany.” She smiled warmly at her before slowly leaning to her and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

(End of flashback ver.1)

 

Yoona let out a heavy sigh as she recalled back the memory that she had with Tiffany. Their first Christmas together. That was the moment when she realized her true feeling to Tiffany. Yet, she decided to desert the feelings she had for her. She didn’t want to admit that she was falling for her. Plus, she didn’t want to take the risk that might destroy their friendship. In her mind, it was better to stay like this rather than losing her forever.

She glanced back at the bed where the ice princess was sleeping. The girl was sleeping soundly. She must have been really tired from the journey. It wasn’t a short trip to Berchtesgaden. Guilt slowly crept inside her heart. She must have been causing lot of trouble to them. All this year, she has been trying to avoid them. She thought that one day, her friend would forget about her and move on with their life. But, seeing Jessica tonight and hearing her rants, she knew that she was wrong. Her friends still stick to her. She was deeply moved by the friendship that they had. And she was really surprised to know that the girl that she left was still waiting for her.

 

(Flashback : 5 hours ago)

“Hello Im Yoona.”

A blonde girl with a cold expression was standing in front of her room with a bag beside her. Her eyes were looking directly towards the other girl.

“Si—Sica…”

Both of them stared into in each other’s eyes before Jessica walked towards the frozen Yoona.

“Get my bags in.” She said coldly before walking into the room.

Yoong blinked her eyes few times as she tried to register the things that were happening into her brain.

“I am… dead meat.”

~~~~~~

“The only fastest way for me to get myself here is to get to Frankfurt first. And it was 10 hours and 39 minutes flight from Seoul. Then another 6 hours flight to get me to Salzburg. Total of almost 17 hours of flight! If that wasn’t enough for you, I have to take a train to get to this, Ber—Berct—Berchtesga—den, oh whatever the name is. An hour long journey in the train!!” Her hands were holding Yoona’s shirt collar. “It was a DAY of freaking long journey I ever had just to get me here to me you! Do you realize that?! Why the hell did you choose this place for you to hide?!!” She was shaking the girl was letting out her rants to her.

“Je—Jessica…are you trying to kill me?” She was getting dizzy with Jessica strangling her head.

After few seconds Jessica released the girl. She stood in front of the girl who was trying to catch her breath. Her eyes were staring at her as she folded her arms. She was glad that she had finally managed to meet this girl. But first, she would like to let out all her frustration on this girl. Yoona had been causing lot of worries to her and the other girls too.

Yoona took a deep breath. Well, a Hellsica is absolutely terrifying. She looked at the girl in front of her who was looking at her furiously. It wasn’t a good sight to see. She knew she was in a deep trouble. Yet, she knew that she couldn’t run anymore. Somehow, she has to face this.

“ I know. I’m sorry.”

“If sorry could solve everything, I’ll be gladly to accept it Yoona.” She replied coldly.

She sighed heavily.

“I know…”

“Why, Yoona? Why are you doing this? Why are you running away from us? Is that the best thing that you could think of, huh?”

Yoona kept silent. She knew her answer won’t be acceptable. It might sound ridiculous to Jessica. She slowly walked towards the bed and sat down on it while head was hanging low. She stared on the floor while Jessica still keeping her eyes on the girl.

“Yoona-yah…” This time her voice sounds calmer and gentler. Somehow, she didn’t have the heart to keep on scolding the younger. She knew that Yoona had her reason for all the actions she had taken. After didn’t getting the answer from her, she sat down beside her. “Hey…talk to me.” She put her hand gently on Yoona’s hand.

The moment their hands touched, Yoona felt a tug in her heart. She felt vulnerable. All the pain that she had been keeping inside her heart began to seek their way out. Jessica was one of her closest friend. They had history together. Even though things didn’t go well for them, Jessica still held a special place in her life. The girl was one of the people that could see her through. She could really understand her better than the others.

“I—I’m scared, Sica…I’m scared.” Her voices cracked. Tears were b in her eyes but she still kept her head down. She didn’t want Jessica to see her tears.

However, Jessica could sense it. Her heart was in pain too. The sight of a vulnerable Yoona was really hard for her to see. Im Yoona wasn’t the type of girl who could cry easily. She always showed her strong and positive to people around her. Even if she had problems, she would keep it all to herself and never burdened anyone.

“There’s nothing to be scared of, Yoong….” She tried to soothe her.

Slowly, Yoong lifted up her head and looked at  Jessica. “It was too painful, Sica. I—I don’t think my heart could take another one. I’m—I’m too co—coward to take the – risk.” Her tears finally drop from her eyes as Jessica swiftly pulled the girl into her arms.

“No..Yoona. No…I won’t let you get hurt again, Yoong. I’ll never let that happen.” She said as her own tears were trickling down her face. She patted the girl’s head before planting a soft kiss on her head. Even though they were not together, Yoona means a lot to her. She couldn’t bear to see Yoona suffered once again. “I’m sorry, Yoong….I’m sorry….” Somehow, she knew that she was the cause for Yoona’s pain.

~~~~~

“ Soo wants to come with me after she heard that Yuri couldn’t come with me because of some urgent matter at the office. But, I don’t think it was a good idea. Well, you know your shikshin buddy well enough right? Luckily, Sunny had the same idea as me. She helps me keeping the shikshin back in Seoul.”

“Yeah… I might get some bruises, blue eyes maybe…or even got strangled till I lose conscious.” Both of them chuckled at Yoona’s remarks. They were lying on the bed side to side. “She could be violent sometime but, well, she’s Choi Sooyoung. My greatest buddy I ever had. I feel bad making her worried too much about me.”

“Everyone is worry about you, Yoong….” Jessica said slowly as she turned to look at Yoong who was gazing at the ceiling.

There was a moment of silence before Yoong spoke out her honest query.

“How is she…?”

Jessica smiled at the question. She was glad that Yoona asked her. At least, she knew that this girl still concerned about the eye-smile girl.

“You wanna hear the truth or the opposite?”

“Opposite?”

“Well, she’s damn happy with your absence and she’s really enjoying the time of her life! She even thought of having a party as a celebration of your departure.” Jessica said it sarcastically.

“Bet that Yuri was so ecstatic with the party idea.” She replied back.

“Im Yoona.”

Yoona smiled halfheartedly at her failed joke. She looked at Jessica.

“Honestly. How is she?”

“Not good, Yoona. Not good.” She sighed. “You know Tiffany way better than us, Yoong. So, I think you could imagine her condition right now. She tried to hide her true feeling from all of us. Not even once, she let us know how she truly felt about your departure. She always kept smiling and act brightly in front of us. ‘ I’m okay.’…’I’ll be fine.’ That’s what she always tells us. But, whenever your name came up, we can sense the changes in her. Her eyes, Yoong…her eyes show everything to us. We could see the pain inside her eyes. She’s still thinking of you, Yoong. You might think that your departure could make her forget you but truthfully, you never left her heart, Yoong.”

Yoong kept silent. Her heart was breaking. She never meant to hurt Tiffany. But, somehow, right now she was the cause for Tiffany’s grief.

“Yoong…?”

“Hm…”

“Are—“

“You should sleep now, Jessica.” She cut her words. “It has been a tiring day for you right?” She turned and smiled at Jessica.

It might not be a good idea for Jessica to continue their conversation. It was obvious that Yoong was avoiding this conversation, especially things related to Tiffany. Thus, Jessica decided to drop the conversation and let Yoong had some time for herself. She could still talk with Yoona tomorrow.

“You’re not gonna leave me alone here, right?” She pouted.

“No.”

“So, when I wake up tomorrow morning, you’ll be here beside me?”

“First thing that you’ll see tomorrow is this beautiful face of mine.”

“Promise?”

Yoong chuckled at her cuteness. She nodded her head before giving a soft peck on her forehead.

“I promise.”

(End of flashback)

 

~~~~~~~

It was 7.45 in the morning. It was a chilling day at Berchtesgaden. A body which was still wrapped in the blanket started to move as her phone start to buzz.

“Ugh…” She took her phone and shut the alarm off. “Hm…I wanna sleep more…” She said before turning her body over the other side of the bed. “Hmm?” Her hand started to roam around the bed while her eyes were still closed. But, her hand didn’t find what it was searching for. “Yoona??” Her eyes were opened and tried to search for the young girl. Yet, there was no one else in the room except her.

“Ugh! Im Yoona, you’ve promised me!” She threw away her blanket at stood up from the bed. She felt betrayed. Yoona had promised her, but now, she was not there. “ I hate you, Im Yoona!”

“I thought you love me.”

Jessica turned her head towards the bathroom where the doe eyes girl was standing while drying her hair with a towel. She was surprised with her sudden appearance.

“You!”

“Yes, me?” She replied nonchalantly while walking towards the closet.

Jessica stomped her way towards the girl and grabbed her bathrobe’s collar.

“You weren’t here with me when I woke up. So I thought you’ve run away again.”

“I told you I won’t leave you. I made a promise aren’t I?”

She was speechless. It wasn’t her fault. She was being too paranoid. She don’t want to lose this previous girl anymore.

“Well—you—I mean—..”

“What?”

“Well. You! You promise that I will see you face first thing in the morning. But, just now, I didn’t see your face. You weren’t there. So, I freak out. I thought you were gone.”

“I did keep my promise to you!”

“No you did not.”

“I did!”

“Did not!”

“I—Hmmpphh!” Yoong walked her way towards the bed and searched for something. Upon finding it, she took it and walked towards Jessica. “See! I was there with you. If you could just wake up like a normal proper young lady, you would have seen my face here!” She said while showing it to Jessica.

It took a while for Jessica to calm herself. After all these years, she could confidently say that, Im Yoona was still the same dork that she had known before. This girl is one of a kind. Her uniqueness is what make her special and different from anyone else she ever known. She took a deep breath before taking the piece of card from Yoona’s hand.

“I’m sorry my dear friend. It was my fault for not finding your precious beautiful face in this FREAKING DRIVING LICENSE beside me just now. It was really thoughtful of you to leave it beside me while you’re taking your bath. I’m so touched. Thank you.”

“Right? I know. You’re welcome.” She said proudly before making her to the closet.

Jessica rolled her eyes. She didn’t want to argue with the younger. She stretched her body a bit before heading to the bathroom.

“Sica! Get yourself ready. I’m going to bring you out somewhere.”

“Huh? Where?” She stopped on her track and turned to face the girl who was taking her clothes from the closet

“Just take your bath.”

“But—“

“Jung Jessica. Just get your into the bathroom and get yourself clean as soon as you can or else I’m gonna get in front of you now.”

“You won’t dare.”

Yoong smirked as she untangled the rope and held the collar of her robe. Before she could undressed herself, Jessica was already screaming her way to the bathroom.

“AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~ IM YOONG YOU ERT !! AAAAAAAaaaaa…..” Jessica screamed all the way to the bathroom. “ERT! ERT!! I’LL TELL YUULLL!!!”

Yoona just laughed at the antics. She missed teasing the girl. And of course, she missed the others too. Especially the pink maniac girl.

~~~~~

An hour later

“Where are we?”

Yoong smiled at her blonde friend before closing the door for her. She locked the door and put the key into her coat.

“Ramsau.”

“Ramsau?”

“Yep. Ramsau village. It’s a small village on the edges of Berchtesgaden.” She took out her hand, “Let’s go.”

Jessica smiled as she took her hand. As they walked together, Jessica was mesmerized with the beauty of the landscape there. It felt so calm and peaceful.

“It’s beautiful here. I feel like walking into a fairytale land.”

“Ya, it is. Ramsau is simply beautiful and has all the charm one would want in getting away from the hectic life out there. It’s a wonderful place to cleanse one's soul and get away from all even just for a brief moment.” 

“You came here a lot right?”

“Yeah. I love this place. Sometimes you just discover somewhere so unexpectedly beautiful that all the hassle that you have to face to come here makes travel worthwhile. This place could lift your soul and it is so achingly beautiful. You are fortunate to be able to see it while it was snow covered and it was all the more special for that. This is a place to go to savor, relax and enjoy the beauty that surrounds you. But, whatever the season is, it’s really a perfect place to come.”

Both of them kept silent as they enjoyed the walk while holding hands.

“We are going to have some walking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter