Why (8)

Story Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Yoona POV
*Tiffany POV




TAP! TAP! TAP!

The sound of footstep was heard through the hall as a beautiful young girl was running her way towards the operation area. Her eyes were filled with tears and terror. She looked around trying to find the familiar face.

“Unnie!” She called as she approached the group of girl who was sitting on the bench near the operation room.

“Oh. You’re here? I thought you’re gonna show up at her funeral only.” Taeyeon said sarcastically upon seeing Yoona in front of her.

“Tae!” Sunny looked at her girlfriend with a disbelief look on her face.

“Huh! That’s only if she wants to.” Yuri added with anger clearly seen in her eyes.

“Yuri!!”

“What? Are you going to be on her side, huh??” Yuri asked her demandingly at Jessica.

Yoona who seemed not surprised with the cold acceptance that she was receiving, let out a heavy sigh. She didn’t want her unnies to argue with each other.

“Unnie, please…”

“Just shut up, Yoona! You’ve no right to speak after what have you done. I can’t believe that you would dare to do that to Tiffany. You left her once back then. Do you know how much she suffers because of you?? And now, you left her once again. Look what happen to her? You don’t have to comeback here Yoona. You should have gone forever. Don’t bother to come home. She had enough of this drama. She doesn’t need a coward like you!!” Taeyeon let out all of the frustration and hurt that she had been holding in. She was deeply disappointed with Yoona.

“TAEYEON! ENOUGH!!” Sunny raised her voiced as she faced her girlfriend. It did managed to stop Taeyeon from talking any further but somehow, her action did hurt her feeling.

“If you going to stand up for her, the go ahead! But don’t expect me to stop hating her.” Taeyeon said firmly.

“Why are you talking like this? It’s Yoona that you’re—“ Jessica was about to retort back when Yuri interrupt her.

“And it’s Tiffany who is fighting for her life in that room.”

“It’s not like she wants this to happen!!”

“YES SHE DID. The moment she decided to leave, she’s the cause for this to happen. If she didn’t be so selfish and coward, this—“

“SHUT UP!”

Yuri stared at her girlfriend, shocking to see that her hand was already up in the air, almost touched her face if only Yoona had not grabbed her arm immediately.

“Yo—You.” Yuri was stuttering as she was still stunned with Jessica action. She couldn’t believe that Jessica would react till this way. “You would do that for her?” She asked while pointing to Yoona.

Jessica stayed silent but her eyes never left Yuri. It was full of hurt.

“ANSWER ME!”

“ENOUGH!!”

All eyes fell on the deer who finally spoken. She let go off Jessica arm and shook her head.

“Please…just please stop.” Her voice was quivering as she looked at each of her the girls. “It’s my fault. It is. I’m such a coward. I admit it. I’m sorry. I really am. I’ll do everything I can just to turn back time and fix it. But I can’t, Taeyeon unnie…Yuri unnie…I’m sorry to cause so much pain to your friend. I didn’t mean to. I wish it was me in there, not her. I wish I could exchange my own life with her. I—“ She paused as she tried to held in the tears that was already filling in her eyes.

“Yoona…”

She turned facing Sunny who was already tearing.

“I’m sorry Sunny unnie. I’ve caused lot of trouble to you. Please dont argue with Taeyeon unnie.” She stopped as she turned facing Jessica. “You too. Don’t do that. Don’t ruin your relationship just because of me.” She let out a heavy sigh before forming a fake and hurtful smile. “Stop worrying about me. I’ll be okay on my own.” She said before walking away from them.

Sunny and Jessica would want to follow the younger girl and comfort her but they knew that Yoona needed some time alone. The stood there for awhile, each one of them were in their own deep thought.

Suddenly, Seohyun who has been silent all along, got up from her seat.

“It’s obvious that Yoona unnie still loves Tiffany unnie.”

The other four girls snapped their head towards Seohyun once they heard her words.

“She rushed back here when she knew the accident. She looks extremely worry. She admits her fault. She even wished that she’s the one who got hurt instead of Tiffany unnie.”

“What are you trying to say Seohyun?” Yuri asked impatiently.

“It’s understandable why you and Taeyeon unnie treat her like this because of the things that she had done to Tiffany unnie. I might do the same thing if someone do it to any of you girls. But, the person that you’re hating right now is Yoona unnie. IM YOONA.” She said the name sternly while looking at the four of them.

“IM YOONA who work hard for your company, who tried her best to assure Sunny unnie that she won’t be regret if she pick you.” She said at Taeyeon before shifting her eyes to Yuri who was standing next to her. “The same IM YOONA who help you to melt the icy wall of Jung Jessica. The choding Yoona who is like your best partner in pranking us. That IM YOONA that all of us know for years and through those years we’ve seen her heart. She’s not an irresponsible kind of person. There must be a reason for everything she did, no matter how big her mistake is.”

Seohyun wiped her tears off her face before continuing. “I’m not trying to side on her. But, I can see that Yoona unnie does love Tiffany unnie. And I feel like this punishment that you’re putting on her is unfair! We should look on her side too before we can make any verdict. That—That’s what I think we should do. And I’m sure Tiffany would do the same thing too…”

“Seohyun-ah…” Sunny slowly pulled the sobbing girl into her arms.

“It—it really hurt unnie. Se—Seeing her like that. She’s hurting too.”

“I know, Seohyun. I know.” She said while slowly patting the girls back. Jessica was in deep silent as she tried to control her emotion while the other two girls were also bewildered with Seohyun sudden outburst. Somehow, the young girl’s did make sense.


                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~


Taeyeon walked slowly towards the two girl who was sitting outside the ICU room. She sat beside Sunny who was Seohyun’s hair who was laying on her lap. Taeyeon glanced at the young girl and noticed that the girl was already sleeping.

“She falls asleep just now.“ Sunny slowly informed as she glanced at Taeyeon who soon nodded her head.

Both of them stayed silent, didn’t know what to say. This would be their first every big fight and none of them expected it to be at this time.

Taeyeon take a deep breath as she gently took Sunny’s hand and held it firmly.

“I’m sorry.” She looked into her eyes as she said that. “I shouldn’t have said those things to Yoona. I lose control of myself. I’m really sorry, baby.”

Sunny sighed as she closed her eyes. And slowly she placed her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder which made the latter surprised. Taeyeon was expecting another rebuke from her.

“I understand. Both of our close persons are hurting right now. I wish I could end all of this Tae.”

Taeyeon wrapped her hand around her shoulder as she embraced the girl who started to cry on her shoulder. She kissed her forehead.

“Me too baby. Me too.” She said before she tilted her head, looking at Sunny. “I owe her an apology. My words must have heart her so much, right?”

Sunny smiled. She was really thankful to have such a caring and understanding girlfriend. She made the right choice by choosing her. And Yoona was absolutely right when she guaranteed her that there would be no one else that could love her as much as Taeyeon did.

“I’m sure she’ll forgive you.” She said before giving a soft peck on the latter’s lips.


                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~

Yuri was sitting alone on the bench the hospital’s garden. She went out after the argument as she tried to cool of her mind.

“You’re such a fool Yuri-yah…how could you hurt Sica and Yoona at the same time?” She chuckled bitterly as she remembered the moment that she shared with them



“Yuri unnie…I know you’re having such a hard time right now. It’s not easy to break the wall since she doesn’t really trust anyone easily. It takes time for her to finally open up herself to someone. And believe me unnie, I know that she’s feeling the same thing too about you. But she just need some time to adjust herself. Don’t worry, one day, she’ll open up herself to you and you’ll realize that all of this hardships are worth it after all.” She said as she patted the older girl’s back.

“I don’t know Yoona. It’s hard though…” 

“Hey! Come on! Im Yoona is here. I’ll help you unnie cause I know that there will be no one else better for Sica unnie except the Kwon Yuri.” She grinned.

                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~

“Yoona!”

“Are you ready unnie?”

She gave a thumb up to the younger with a determination look in her eyes.

“You know that this is really risky. We could both lose our lives due to this action that we’re going to do.” Yoona questioned once again as she wanted to be sure that Yuri was clear about the consequences.

“I’m ready for it Yoong!”

“Okay…in 3, 2, 1…GO!!” she said as both of them went into the kitchen.

Half an hour later, the other girl went down to the kitchen to have their breakfast. Jessica sat next to Yuri and was feeling a bit weird as she noticed that Yuri and Yoona were being too nice to her today. 

“What are you two up for today??” She eyes them suspiciously.

“Nothing. We’re just feeling good today so both of us decided to cook breakfast for you girls.”

“Hm well…okay then.” She didn’t want to think about it too much as she took her burger and took a bite. As she bit down the burger, she felt something, so familiar. She quickly took it out and was shocked to see the thing that hate the most between the buns.

Cucumber.

“YOOONNNAAAA~!!! YURRRRIII-YAHHHHHH!!! “ She screamed in anger but the two pranksters were already laughing hard and running away from her.

“THAT’S FOR NOT LETTING ME PLAYING BASKETBALL LAST NIGHT!!” Yuri said while running away.

Yoona was laughing hard and stopped awhile as she explained her reason. “Well, as for me, that’s for…ah, that’s just for FUN!” She said as she gave a high five to Yuri.



“What are you laughing at?”

Yuri snapped out of her trance as she heard the familiar voice. She was surprised to see Jessica standing in front of her.

“No—Nothing.”

“Can I sit beside you?”

Yuri nodded her head as she watched the girl took her place next to her. Suddenly, her eyes saw the red mark on Jessica’s knuckles. She quickly took her hand.

“Ouch.” Jessica winced in pain as Yuri held her hand.

“What happened??” She asked concernedly.

Jessica avoided Yuri’s gazed and tried to pull away her hand from her grasp. Yet, Yuri didn’t let go of her hand.

“I’m asking you.” Suddenly something came up into her mind as she stared at Jessica in disbelief. “Did—Did you hurt yourself??”

Jessica’s silent and the tears that were welling up in her eyes were more than enough for Yuri to figure out the answer. She shook her head before pulling the girl into her arms. She hugged her tightly as guilt overcome herself.

“I’m sorry baby. I’m sorry for yelling at you.”

Slowly, Jessica responded by wrapping her arms around Yuri.

“No. I’m the one who should be sorry. I almost hit you. I’m such a bad girlfriend. You should hate me. I—“

Yuri silent the girl by placing a soft kiss on her lips.

“No. Don’t you ever say that. No matter what, I can never hate you. I love you so much, Sica-ah…” She said while caressing Jessica’s cheek. “Please, don’t hurt yourself anymore. It hurts me to see you like this.” She slowly kissed the bruises on Jessica’s hand.

“I—I love you. I really love you.” Jessica said between her sobs.

Yuri smiled as she heard the words. She knew that Jessica meant every single word of it.

“I know baby, I know. And I love you too.”

                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~


Yoona cupped her face as she tried to calm herself down. She had been facing a lot of confrontations today. She knew that the Taeyeon and Yuri will hate her a lot after knowing the truth. But, she couldn’t just stay away while Tiffany was having a battle for her life.

Right now her mind was in a mess. It seemed that she had brought nothing except troubles to Tiffany. She really wished she could turn back time. Back to where everything was perfect for both of the,



“What are you doing?” 

Tiffany quickly put down her knife and went towards Yoona who was approaching her. She gave the girl a hug before placing a soft kiss on her left cheek.

“Welcome home, baby.”

Yoona smiled as she wrapped her hands around the shorter girl. Then, her eyes caught the sight in the kitchen. “Are you cooking?”

She grinned cutely as she nodded her head.

“Yah…you don’t need to do that. We could just go out for dinner.”

“Hm, you don’t trust me and my cooking aren’t you…”

“Eh. No, no. I didn’t mean it that way. I just don’t wanna burden you. I know that these days, you’re pretty caught up with studies and also the preparation for the audition. I don’t want you to overwork yourself.”

Tiffany put her hands around Yoona’s neck before leaning for a kiss. 

“Stop worrying about me Im Yoona.” She said after she pulled away from the kiss. “Speak for yourself. Look at you. Working here and there. I don’t think you ever had enough rest for yourself. Hmmpph…you even said that you’re going to be home at 8. But look what time is it now? Almost 11. It’s pretty bored staying alone in your dorm, you know?” 

Yoona smiled back as she kissed away the pouting lips.

“I’m sorry. Taeyeon unnie need some help with the schedule for this month.”

“Hmmpph.. is she much more im—“ she stopped as she smelled something burnt. “OH! GOD! The soup!!” She rushed towards the kitchen and saw that the soup was almost burnt. She frantically turned off the stove and without thinking much she held the pot’s lid up. Few seconds later, she winced in pain as she dropped the hot lid on the floor.

“BABY!”

Yoona rushed to Tiffany’s side and took her injured right hand which has already reddened. She pulled the girl towards the sink and put her hand under the faucet. Tiffany closed her eyes as she tried to bare the stinging pain as the cold water ran through her hand. Meanwhile, Yoona had already gone taking some cream and went beside Tiffany.

“Come here.” She turned off the faucet and brought the injured girl to the chair. She wiped her hand slowly before applying the cream onto the bruise. “It’s going to sting a bit.” She said as she gently put on the cream and slowly blew it in order to reduce the pain.

Tiffany stayed still as she watched Yoona attended her wound. She stared at the girl who looked so worried. Slowly, tears brimmed in her eyes. She was really touched with Yoona’s care.

Yoona caught the glimpse of tears in Tiffany’s eyes. She began to panic.

“Huh? Does it still hurt? Do you wanna go to the clinic? I—I, you I mean—Let me take my jacket—“

She was about to get her jacket when Tiffany suddenly grab her shirt. She turned around and looked worriedly at the girl in front of her who hung her head low.

“Fany-ah?” 

Tiffany buried her face onto Yoona’s shoulder, as she hugged her tightly. She sobbed hard into her arms.

“Hey, are you okay? You’re making me worry here, Fany.”

Tiffany couldn’t say anything except nodding her head. Yoona felt a bit relief upon knowing the girl was okay. She wrapped her hands around the girl and kissed her head.

“Pabo. Why did you hold a hot lid with bare hand? You think you’re a super woman are you?” She teased the girl who just whined in her arms. She chuckled at the cute whines.

“Please don’t get yourself hurt again. You are too precious to me. I think I’ll lose my mind if anything happen to you.” She whispered slowly into her ears.



“ARGH!!” Yoona groaned in frustration as she buried her face into her hands. She tried to hold in the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes. The memories just hurt her too much.

She lifted her head up abruptly when she felt a hand over her shoulder.

“Hey…” Sunny smiled at her as she rubbed her back, trying to help easing the stress from Yoona.

“You look awful.” Yoona turned to her left towards the cold voice that she loved to hear from. Jessica hit her arm lightly. “Stop staring at me like that.”

“Yoona-yah…” Yuri who was standing in front of her called.

“We are sorry for our foolish behavior just now. I’m sorry for my harsh words, Yoona.” Taeyeon added as she looked apologetic to the young girl.

Yoona was surprised with the sudden changed of atmospheres. She looked around her where Sunny and Jessica were sitting next to her and Yuri and Taeyeon were standing in front of her with their maknae in the middle. All eyes were on her, and unlike before, there were no more hatred in those eyes. And it made her wonder, what had happened that changed them to be like this.

“No matter what you did, we’ll wait till you’re ready to explain to us. Right now, let’s just focus on Tiffany first. Okay?”

She stared at Sunny in disbelief. Slowly she shook her head.

‘I—I don’t deserve this.”

“Yoong…”

“No, Sunny unnie. Stop this. Stop treating me nicely. I don’t deserve this.”

“What—“

“Just stop.” She stood up from her seat. “I made lot of mistakes. I’ve left Tiffany. I make you girls disappointed. I—I don’t deserve to be treated nicely. Even I’m shameful of myself. I—I’m useless…” She said bitterly before leaving the girls, stunned with Yoona’s sudden statement.

Jessica wiped her own tears. She felt really hurt seeing Yoona like this. “Sunny-ah…”

The shorter girl turned her head towards Jessica.

“Go.” She said. “Among us, you’re the one who can understand her the most. She needs someone right now.”

“Jessica’s right. You better go after her now.” Taeyeon said while smiling reassuringly at her.

Sunny nodded and got up before walking towards the direction where Yoona had just gone through.


                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~


The sound of the machine beside the bed didn’t bother the doe eyes girl as she kept staring at the beautiful sleeping princess in front of her. Her hand was holding onto Tiffany’s firmly. She had yet to let it go since she came into the ward.


“It’s all up to her now. We’ve try our best.”


Doctor Park’s words were still ringing inside her head.

“Fany-ah...Please…Please be strong. Please wake up soon…” She said as she the girl’s face. She kissed her hand before staring back at the lovely face.

“I’m sorry for being a jerk. I know it’s my fault that you’re end up like this. I’m really sorry dear. I—“ She choked up on her words as tears were starting to pour down on her face. “ You know what, all this years, I’ve been missing you like crazy. There was never a second that goes by without you inside my mind. I can’t forget about you even after all the things that had happened to us. I know that you must have hated me for leaving. I know…and I deserved it dear. I really do. But—that time I don’t know what else I can do. I was ashamed of myself. I—I gave in…I lost in the battle of money and my love for you. I—I end up – I—I’m sorry… Tiffany-ah…I’m really sorry…” She buried her face onto the bed as she cried harder.

“Wha—what do you mean, Yoong?”

Yoona snapped her head towards the voice and her eyes went wide opened when she saw Sunny standing still at the door. The shorter girl has been listening to her confession just now.

“Im Yoona. You better tell me about it…”

Yoona sighed heavily as she realized that there was no way out for her right now.




*Flasback

“I want you to leave my daughter i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter