Me or Her (4)

Story Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Me Or Her? Pt. 4


“Are you okay?” 

“..…yeah.”

Yoona sighed as she knew right away that the girl was having a trouble. She was fine when both of them entered the class, but once she got a call, the girl changed completely. She couldn't even sat straight, her eyes were wandering all over the places, her fingers were constantly tapping on the desk. It was obvious that something was bothering her despite her positive answer.

“You at lying.”

Tiffany turned to face Yoona who was staring at her, waiting for her to spill it. The girl knew her better than anyone else. She knew she couldn't get away easily from her.

“Taeyeon.”

“What happened to her?” Although Taeyeon was the cause for her heartbreak, but Yoona didn’t hold any grudge on her. She knew how much that girl meant to Tiffany. 

“She’s sick.” Tiffany said in her worried tone.

Yoona sighed yet again. How she wished that she could be in Taeyeon’s place right now. How she wished to have the same care and concern from Tiffany. But she knew that it was impossible for her to have that. Without saying anything, she took Tiffany’s notebook and closed it before put it back in the girl’s back. 

“What-“

“Go. I’ll cover for you.”

Tiffany was surprised with Yoona’s action. 

“But-“

“Just go. Before Mrs. Park comes.” She gently pushed the girl off her seat. There was no point for her to stay in the class while her mind was off thinking about Taeyeon. Plus, Yoona couldn't bare to see the distraught look on Tiffany's face. She knew how much Tiffany wanted to see Taeyeon now. And as someone who care so much about Tiffany, this is the least she could do for her.

Tiffany smiled. She was really grateful to have Yoona as her best friend. She got up and took her bag before heading towards the door. Yet, she stopped midway as she turned around and leaned towards Yoona, placing a soft peck on the girl’s right cheek.

“Thanks a lot Yoong…” She said before leaving the girl who was speechless.

Yoona slowly touched her right cheek where the feeling of the soft lips was still lingered on it. Slowly, her lips curled up and soon Im Yoona was smiling like a fool througout the class.



“Yoona…?”

Sooyoung’s voice startled the doe eyes girl who was lost in her memories. She quickly wiped her tears off her face before turning around facing the taller girl.

“Yes, unnie?”

Sooyoung frowned a bit as she notice the redden eyes of the smiling girl. She knew right away that the girl had been crying. Yet, she chose not to ask about it immediately as she sat beside the girl. She gave a mug to the girl before sipping her own hot chocolate.

“Thanks. Hm...where’s Sica unnie?” She asked as she softly blew her hot choc, trying to cool it down a bit.

“Out. Meeting with some client.”

She nodded her head as she enjoyed the drink that her sister’s girlfriend made. The night was a bit chilly as both of them sat at the balcony, looking up to the sky. Apparently, they weren’t many stars tonight which made the sky seemed a bit dull. Just like the feeling inside her heart.

“Is there anything that you would want talk about?”

She tilted her head towards the girl.

“You know you can share your problem with me. You’re not just my girlfirend's Yoona. You’re more than that. You're like my own little sis and I care about you as much as Sica did to you. I know that something had been bothering you.”

She turned her head away from the girl. Sooyoung was right. Both of them, Jessica and Sooyoung could read her like an open book. Yet, she didn’t want to burden those two this time. She decided to face it alone.

“It’s nothing, Sooyoung unnie.”

“When it comes to you, nothing always means something. I know you, Yoona-ah. Jessica and I can see the changes in you this past weeks. Lately, you’ve been coming home really late. You barely spent your time with us or even talk to us. Jessica is pretty upset with you. You’ve cancelled your lunch and dinner date with her few times already.”

“I’m just busy unnie. The workload at the office is getting pretty much out of my hand right now. I’m pretty occupied. You know how well our business is going on. “

“I understand that. But the Yoona that I know would never put her loves one behind. Especially her sister."

Yoona fell into silent. She didn’t have the answer to counter it.

“I know how much you love your sister. You’ve been sacrificing a lot for her. You do anything you can for her. But now you’re saying that your work caused you to ditch her? Suddenly, she's not your priority? We both know that it’s a lie. “

“I--- “

“It’s Tiffany, right?”

Yoona was stunned as she was caught red handed. She stared at the girl in disbelief.

“Something happen between you two, isn’t it?”

“I—I don’t wanna talk about it, unnie…”

“Yoo—“

“I’m sorry unnie. I’m sorry to you and I’m really sorry to Jessica unnie. Yes, I’ve been acting weirdly these days. I admit that. But just give me some time for me to handle this on my own. I--” She was about to continue when the sound of the door startled both of them.

“Girls~~ I’m home~!”

Yoona smiled upon hearing the voice of her beloved unnie. She got up from her seat and turned to face Sooyoung, “Let’s go. I miss my sister.” She said before heading towards the living room where her sister was smiling widely upon seeing her.

“Whatever you do, I hope that it was the right thing to do. “ Sooyoung whispered to no one but herself before she joined the siblings.



                                                                                                                        ~~~~~



-Sunny’s apartment-


“LEE SOONKYU!”

The short haired girl came to halt as she heard the scream. She slowly hobbled back to the couch and sat down carefully before looking down on the floor. She made the cutest and innocent face when the other girl approached and stood in front of her.

“What did I told you?” She asked firmly while both of her hands were on her hip. 

“Sunny, I'm going to make us some lunch. You just sat here and rest okay? If anything, just call me.” Sunny repeated the words that the latter had told her few minutes ago.

“Good. But what were you trying to do just now?”

Sunny looked at her with her puppy eyes. “I’m bored.”

“You should just call me.”

“But you’re busy. I don’t want to interrupt you.”

Taeyeon let out a heavy sighed. She couldn’t stand to be mad at the girl for too long. The cuteness was a bit too much for her to handle. She didn’t know why, but she felt helpless whenever Sunny pouted or even talking in such a cute way. She slowly sat down next to her.

“Listen here. I want you to disturb me. Call me whenever you want and I’ll come right away. I don’t want you to get hurt again Sunny. It’s miserable enough for me to see you lying on the bed looking so lifeless. It hur—hurts me a lot.” Taeyeon shook her head as she tried to shake out the memories out of her mind.



“Ho—How is she doc?”

“Who are you?”

“I’m Taeyeon, her friend. We-we are roommates.” 

“Well, Miss Taeyeon, your friend here suffered a broken leg and also some few minor injuries. But, my concern right now is her head injury. She got a pretty hard knock on her head which cause concussion. That’s why I need to do some test on her.”

Taeyeon’s tears were streaming down as she listened to the doctor’s explanation. In her heart, she never stopped praying that the girl would be okay.

“Is she going to be okay?”

The doctor took a deep breath before looking back at the sobbing girl who was looking at him with a pair of hopeful eyes. “Let's pray for the best okay....” He said as she patted Taeyeon’s back before leaving the girl alone.

‘Dear God—please…please save her… I can’t lose her. Please…’


“Taeyeon-ah…” Sunny slowly called the girl who seemed lost in her own thought as she held the girl’s hand. “Hey…what are you thinking about?” She was surprised to see the tears that were b in Taeyeon’s eyes once the girl turned to look at her.

“Tae—“

“Don’t—don’t you ever do that again. Don’t leave me alone.” She said with her trembling lips.

“Taeyeon…” Sunny whispered as she was surprised once again at Taeyeon’s words.

“You mean a lot to me. I—I don’t know what will I do without you.” She stared at the speechless girl.

The tears that she had been holding on dropped on to her lap and as if it was a cue, Sunny immediately pulled the girl into her arms. Her own eyes started to get teary as well as she listened to Taeyeon’s sobs.

“I don— I don’t wanna lose you.”

Sunny tightened her arms around the girl as Taeyeon buried her face onto her shoulder.

“I won’t. I promise.”


                                                                                                                                     +++++


-Hwang’s resident-

Tiffany was tossing around on her bed. She tried to sleep but her mind was in such a mess that she couldn’t just closed her eyes. Few minutes later, after countless times of trying, she gave up. She got up from the bed and went outside.

After wondering for awhile in the kitchen she decided to make herself a hot choco. As she opened the drawer to take the mug, her hand came to halt when her eyes fell onto the two lovely handmade mugs.



“Yoong! Look at that!”

She didn’t get the chance to ask when the eye smiling girl was already dragging her to the handcraft shop. Yet, she didn’t complaint though. Tiffany squealed as she took the brown mug with the face of lovely deer on it. She turned around and held the mug next to Yoona’s face.

“Looks like you.” She grinned.

“Huh?” Yoona glanced at the mug before looking back at the smiling girl. 

“Your eyes. Looks like a deer.” 

“I look like a deer?”

“Yup! My deer Yoong~” Tiffany replied and smiling widely which cause the doe eyes girl to turned away, trying to hide her blush. It made her heart flattered when Tiffany said that.

“Hm…it’s been awhile since I give you anything.” Tiffany pouted as she talked to herself. Both of them had been a good friend for many years, and through that time Yoona always gave her something whenever she came back from somewhere. People tend to give gift on a special occasion but the dorky girl didn’t need any of it. She just did it whenever she wanted to. Whenever Tiffany asked her reason, Yoona would simply replied, ‘cause I was thinking of you and this thing remind me of you.’

“Are you going to buy that?” Yoona questioned her since she had been holding on to the mug for awhile.

“Huh? Oh. Ya! It’s for you!” Tiffany replied excitedly.

“Hey…you don’t have to-“

Tiffany pouted and Yoona knew that it would be better for her not to argue with the girl.

“Fine.” She sighed defeatedly. But her eyes shone back when she thought of another idea. “Hey.”

“Hm?”

“Let’s get you one of this too.”

“Huh?” Tiffany stared at her. “Like a couple mugs?” She frowned.

“Why not?” Yoona questioned back but she was nervous. She worried that Tiffany might not like the idea.

Suddenly, the frown disappeared and was replaced by a beautiful smile. “Yeah! I want one too! Which one you think is g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter