Why (2)

Story Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Tiffany POV
*Yoona POV

 

*Flashback*

It was almost 9PM and there weren't many customer in the Pumpkin's cafe. And one corner of the shop, there were two girls who was sitting facing each other. One girl was stirring her coffee while the other one was staring at her.

“Are you really leaving?” The shorter girl calmly asked the solemn girl in front of her.

“Yeah…”

“When?”

“This Sunday.”

She slowly nodded her head. “2 days from now.” She let out a heavy sigh. “When will you come back?"

She shook her head. “ I don’t know...”

“Fany-ah…we’ve been friend since we were 10. You’re my best friend. I know something terrible must have happened. Why are you leaving so sudden?”

She stayed silent. It was true. Something terrible had happened to her. Yet, she just couldn't tell and explained to her best friend about it. She didn't know how to begin.

“Where is she? Does she know that you’re leaving?”

The questions caught her off guard. Tiffany looked up with her teary eyes. Her heart was still bleeding from the pain. She just couldn't bare it anymore. Not in front of her best friend.

“She left me.” Instantly, the tears that she had been holding in dropped onto her cheek.

The shorter girl was surprised at the unexpected news. She quickly stood up and walked towards her before pulling Tiffany into her arms and gently patted her back. Although she never met nor knew Tiffany’s girl, she knew how much Tiffany love her girlfriend. And it must have broke her heart really bad when the girl left her.

“Shh…it’s okay, Fany-ah. I’m here..”

The girl sobbed harder in the shorter’s arm. Her best friend was all she had now.

“I—I love her so much, Taeyeon-ah…I love her…”

*End of flashback*

 

+++++

 

“Hw—Hwang Miyoung. Is—Is that you?”

Her eyes were wide open upon seeing the girl who she had lost contacted with for the past 5 years. She quickly stood up from her seat and rushed towards the girl and embraced her tightly.

“Gosh! Kim Taeyeon. I miss you so much.”

“Yah! It’s really you!!”

Taeyeon laughed as she hugged the girl tightly. She was also surprised when she saw a familiar face sittinh on the couch while chatting with Seohyun. At first, she thought it was someone who looks like herl. But the moment she heard her voice she quickly take another closer look. Eventhough they had been away for 5 years, she could easily recognise her.

“I miss you too, Tiffany.”

Meanwhile the other girls just watched the scene as they were pretty clueless about the things that just happened. It was also a surprise to them when they saw how close the two was, especially Yuri. She never heard Tiffany telling her about having a friend name Taeyeon. All of them stood closely to them as they waited for their explanation.

“Are you two…couple?” Yuri was the first one to break the silence.

“NO!” The question shocked the two best friends as the automatically detached themselve from each other.

“Oh, God. How can I be in relationship with this shorty…” Tiffany said while jokingly patting Taeyeon’s head.

“Yah!! You’re not that tall either.” She retorted back, earning a childish grin from Tiffany. She put her arm over her shoulder and faced the group with a huge smile on her face. “We are best friend! She’s the one that I told you girls before. The one that abandoned me.” She said firmly while eyeing Tiffany.

“I did not. I even came and meet you before I leave.” Tiffany defended herself.

“Yeah, you did came and see me. But once you left, you didn’t even contact me ever since!” She replied back with a disappointed look on her face.

Tiffany felt sorry upon hearing the dissapointment from her bestfriend. She knew that Taeyeon was right. After she left, she didn’t keep in touch with any of her friends in Korea. It was as if she had forgotten all of the connection that she had before in Korea. She just want to start a new life at a new place. But, now that she thought of it, she realised how selfish she was. She felt really sorry for her action, especially to Taeyeon who had always be there for her.

“I’m sorry Taeyeon-ah. I admit it. It was wrong for me to do that. I’m really sorry.”

Taeyeon let out a sigh before giving a warm smile at her. She lightly shook her head before pulling her closer. She wasn't still mad at her. Yes, she was upset with her decision but somehow, she understood her situation at that moment.

“It’s okay. I understand.” She smiled before suddenly frowned. “But, what are you doing here?”

Before Tiffany could answer it, Yuri had come to explained it first. “She’s the friend that I told you. Gosh, what a coincident that we both shared the same best buddy. This is awesome!"

“Yeah. I met Yuri at the college in New York.” Tiffany added while looking at Taeyeon who nodded her head.

“What a small world!”

The three of them laughed at the unexpected event. It was really a pleasant surprise to them. Especially to Tiffany. To have both of her best buddies along side her, was a great thing that had happened to her ever since she came back home.

“What’s up with all the commotion here?”

A calm voice suddenly interrupted their conversation. All eyes shifted toward the source which they had been waiting to meet. But, for someone, the voice had frozen her. She didn't dare to turn around. The voice was too familiar to her. But, she just didn't want to believe it.

“Yoona unnie!!” Seohyun squealed as she run towards the girl who was smiling warmly at them as she walked down the stairs.

 

'Huh? Yoo--Yoona??'

 

Tiffany heart beat thousands times faster as she heard the name. Unable to handle the curiosity and loud beating in her heart, she slowly turned herself around and was welcome with the sight of the two girls hugging each other. She could only see Seohyun face since the other girl was back facing her. Yet, just from the back figure, she could tell who she is. But, somehow, she tried to deny it.

 

'It can’t be the same Yoona, right? No. It—it’s impossible…'

 

It felt as if the time was ticking in a slow motion as the girl turned around to face them. Her heart was beating faster and faster. And the moment her eyes fall upon the beautiful face in front of her, it felt like the time had stop as well as her heart. Her eyes were wide open as she stared at the girl who had her right hand wrapped around Seohyun's waist.  

 

'It’s—It’s her…'

 

Tiffany stood still as her body felt numb. She watched Yoona kissed the maknae’s forehead while the latter was clinging onto her. The smiled on Yoona’s face saddened her. She missed those smile.

“Unnie! I really miss you!!”

“I miss you to Hyunnie.” She replied as she ruffled the girl’s hair.

“That unnie…” She pointed to Jessica who was standing beside Yoona. “She prevents me from seeing you just now! She’s jealous that I’m your girlfriend.” She complained.

Yoona chuckled as she glanced at Jessica who had her poker face on.

 

I miss—wait, she’s Seohyun’s girl??

 

The realization hit her hard. Instantly, her wounded heart got stabbed yet again. She just watched the couple in front of her while the doe eyes girl was still oblivious of her presence.

“Hyunnie-ah…you should stop saying that. How do you think Suzy would feel if you said that in front of her.”

Seohyun grinned back at the older. “Hehe...don’t worry. She knows that I love her only. She’s my true girlfriend! But in overall, she still no.2 behind you.”

Tiffany silently sighed in relief. Somehow she could figure out the real situation andher heart felt a bit ease when she heard that Seohyun already had a girlfriend which was not Yoona.

“YAH! KIM TAEYEON!! I TOLD YOU TO COMEBACK AND HELP ME TO CARRY THIS—“ Her words stopped once she realized the situation. All eyes were looking at the short and petite girl who just entered the house with few plastic bags in her hand. She tilted her head and pouted. “Why are you girls look—“ Her words stop yet again as her eyes met with a pair of lovely doe eyes who was staring at her.

Tiffany noticed the changes on the girl’s face. She seemed to be staring at something or yet, someone which Tiffany knew when she turned back to face Yoona. Her heart twitched when she saw the smile and the sparks in Yoona’s eyes as she walked pass her and rushed towards the shorty girl.

“Sunny unnie.”

Yoona wrapped her hands around the girl and slowly kissed her forehead lovingly. “I miss you.” She slowly whispered as she tightened the hug.

Sunny who was still stunned to see Yoona in front of her, slowly brought her arms around Yoona’s waist. “Yoong. You’re back…” She murmured as she buried her face at the crook of the younger’s neck.

The other girls were smiling happily as they watched the reunion of the two girls.The knew how much this two missed each other. However, there was a heart that was broken once again as she stared at Yoona.

 

Is she the one that you love, Yoona-yah…

 

“Okay…okay…time’s up! Enough of hugging.” Taeyeon suddenly announced as she walked towards Sunny and Yoona. “Ehem… hello there. Stop hugging her. Hands off.” She said to Yoona who later chuckled at her cute and dorky action.

“Okay! Okay!” She answered as she backed away and put her hands up in the air. “See?”

Sunny glared at Taeyeon who was smiling satisfiedly. She took the plastic bags which she drop just now and handed to Taeyeon. “I told you to help me carry this thing. What took you so long to come back?” She asked.

Taeyeon could just chuckled nervously as she took them fromher.

“Bring this to the kitchen. And you.” She turned to face Yoona who was smirking at Taeyeon. “Why are you here? Why didn’t you tell me that you’re coming back?”

Yoona sighed as she took the girl’s hand. “I wanted to surprise you.”

“2. 2 freaking years. You left and didn’t keep in touch with any of us. And now you just poooffftt here??”

“I’m sorry…?” Yoona plead.

Sunny stayed silent as she stared at the young girl. For more 2 years, she has been waiting to see her again. As much as she hated her for leaving, she couldn’t deny that she really missed her but she couldn’t just forget how much it hurt her when the younger decided to leave without telling her. “I’m still hurt. By you.” She simply said before walking pass her and walked towards her room.

Yoona was pretty surprised with her words but he hurriedly followed Sunny from behind. And for the second time, she just walked pass Tiffany without giving even a quick glance at her. Her mind was too focused on Sunny that she didn’t realize the presence of the eye smile girl who had been staring at her since the moment she step down from the stairs.

 

+++++

 

-An hour later-

“Hey Tiff. You’re okay?”

Tiffany turned to face Hyoyeon before smiling and nodding her head. “I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? Cause you seem lost just now. Are you sick?”

“No…No…I’m fine. It just…I don’t know.”

Hyoyeon nodded her head. “You must be surprised with all the things that just happen right?”

“Sort of.”

It was completely true that she was still bothered by the event that just happened. Her mind was still shocked to see Yoona and it shocked and hurt her more to see how close Yoona was with the girl named Sunny. Now, she was confused and contemplated with the idea of staying at the same place as her ex.

“Haha..you’ll get used to it, unnie.” Seohyun interrupted as she wiped the bowl.

Taeyeon who was preparing the meats for the barbecue, turned to face her old friend. “Sorry to bother you with all the drama. But. don’t worry, Fany. I’m here. If you need anything, just let me know.” She smiled at her.

“Hey, she got me too, you know.” Yuri said as she lightly pushed the shorter. Both of them ended up laughing.

Somehow, Tiffany managed to smile as she watched her two best friends bickering.She missed the time that she had spent with these two. They always lighten her mood up. But the smile didn’t last long when Sooyoung mentioned the name, Yoona.

“Oh, you haven’t met Yoona and Sunny yet!”

Tiffany smiled bitterly at Sooyoung. “Ya. I haven’t met the couple yet.”

“WHAT?!!”

Seohyun almost drop the bowl when Taeyeon shrieked. “Unnie!!! I could have died due to heart attack just now!!” She glared at her.

Taeyeon apologized to the maknae before looking back at Tiffany. “What did you said just now?”

“I said, I haven’t met the couple yet.” Tiffany repeated her words while confusedly looking at Taeyeon.

“Couple? Yoona and Sunny?” She asked her again.

“Er…ya..?” Tiffany answered anxiously.

“Hell no! She’s my girlfriend!”

Tiffany gripped the cloth in her hand as she heard the remark from Taeyeon. She tried her best to control her emotion.The thought of her best friend being with her ex-girlfriend upset her the most.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I thought they were couple. Haha… sorry Taeyeon-ah. I didn’t know that Yoona is your girlfriend.”

“Oh….no~ Another hell no~~” Taeyeon frantically waved her hands. “Yoona isn’t my girlfriend. Sunny. Sunny is my girlfriend.” She explained.

Instanly, her gripped on the cloth loosened. She frowned as she looked at Taeyeon.Her mind is so confused now. She didn’t know what is right and what is wrong. It seemed so complicated for her to understand.

“Huh? If Sunny is your girlfriend, and Yoona is not….and you,” She looked at Seohyun. “And you, are also not her girlfriend…then she’s…”

“Single.” Yuri answered. She chuckled lightly upon seeing how confused her best friend look right now. “She’s the girl that I told you before.” She continued and winked at the dumbfounded girl.

“Oh…” She said. Finally, she could see the clear picture now. Yoona is the girl that Yuri had been telling her about. Somehow, her heart felt lighter after hearing the explanation that she didn’t realized that a little smile was formed on her face.

Hyoyeon look intently at Tiffany who seemed lost in her own world. She saw the smile on her face that somehow gave her an idea.  “You. You like Yoona?!”

“Huh?!! What?? No! No! Well...what are you saying!!” Tiffany was startled at the sudden statement made by Hyoyeon. She tried to act calm as she chuckled lightly.

Sooyoung who had been silent this whole time, went and sat beside Tiffany. “Hey, don’t get too tense about it. It’s a common thing to be attracted to someone like her.” She patted her back.

“But—“ Tiffany tried to defend herself.

“She’s really nice though. Seriously.” Sooyoung said while facing Tiffany.

“Of course she is. She’s my girlfr—ouch! Hyoyeon unniee!!” She whined while rubbing her forehead which just got slapped by Hyoyeon.

“Stop calling her as your girlfriend. Aigoo…I wonder how Suzy feels whenever you mention about Yoona.”

“We know how she felt.” Yuri and Taeyeon said in unison with a gloomy look on her face. Soon, the two hugged and patted each other’s back while letting out fake sobs.

Tiffany turned to face Sooyoung. “What’s up with them?”

“Nah…don’t bother by them. They always like this whenever Yoona’s here.”

“Why?”

“This girl,” Hyoyeon pointed to Seohyun. “And those two’s girlfriends, Sunny and Jessica are pretty much hook up with Yoona.”

“Huh?” Tiffany looked at her incredulously.

“Those three are really close with Yoona to the extent that people misunderstood them as a couple. Well, I’m pretty sure you understand what I meant based on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter