Me or Her (3)

Story Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Me Or Her Pt. 3

 

<< I’m sorry. I can’t join you and Jessica tonight. >>


She read the text for the tenth time before letting out a heavy sighed. She put her phone on the table before slumping onto the couch. Jessica who had been watching her sister, lowered down the TV’s volume before walking towards her sister. Yoona lifted up her legs as Jessica sat down. She put her legs back onto Jessica’s lap and looked at her sister. She knew that Jessica had something to say to her.

“What’s up with you?” She asked as she tapped Yoona’s leg.

“Nothing.”

“Okay…let me change the question then. Where’s Tiffany?”

Yoona rolled her eyes at her sister’s direct question. As expected, Jessica was obviously aware of the things that had been bothering her. She really couldn’t hide anything from her sister.

“Her parent’s place.”

“You two haven’t been going out lately. What’s wrong?”

Yoona sighed for the nth time for the day.

“I don’t know unnie. Since the day that I got sick, she seems different. She’s been avoiding me. Everytime I ask her out, she would decline. I don’t know whether it’s true or not that she’s busy. I mean, come on, who would be busy for 24 hours?”

“You would.”

“Unnie~” She whined as she sat up properly beside Jessica

Jessica chuckled lightly when Yoona whined at her.

“I’m serious here.”

“Okay. Okay. I’m sorry.” The girl grinned as she put her arm around Yoona before placing her head on Yoona’s shoulder. For a moment, both of them enjoyed the silence.

“Unnie…”

“…Hm…”

“It’s my fault.”

“What?” She lifted her head and stared at her sister, questioningly.

“You were right. I should have back away completely.”

“Yoong…”

“Look what I’ve done? They are probably on the verge of breaking up. Tiffany, the girl that I’ve loved for so long, is having such a difficult time. It’s all because of me. I shouldn’t let her be like this. I should be protecting her and make her happy. Even if she's not with me. I must keep her happy...” Tears were already b in her eyes as she turned and faced Jessica.

It broke Jessica’s heart to see her sister like this. It wasn’t easy for Yoona to break down in front of anybody including herself. Since kid, Yoona had been such a strong girl who always tried her best and hide her tears from anyone. Although she was the youngest one, but she acted more like the eldest daughter of the family. She had been such a loving and protective sister to Jessica.

She still rememeber back then, she was shocked when Yoona decided to stop pursuing her interest in architecture and took bussines management instead in order for her to take over the company later on. When she asked her the reason behind her decision, the doe eyes girl just laughed and said that she wasn't really into architecture,that she wasn't really good at it. But she knew that Yoona was lying. She knew how good her sister was. Since kid, she had been showing her interest in designing and building things. How could she just let her passion go just like that? But no matter how much she questioning her, she would still get the same answer.

But soon she knew she knew the reason behind her sister’s decision. That day, when she had and argument with their father about her father telling her to take over his place in the company, Yoona had defended her. She insisted in letting her continue and chase her dream of being a fashion designer. As for the company, Yoona had voluntarily herself for the responsibility. She reasoned to him that she had the qualification and knowledge for the position. That's when Jessica realized the reason Yoona gave up her passion in architecture. It was all for her. Yoona knew how much she loves to become a fashion designer.  She was deeply moved by Yoona’s action who carelessly sacrificed her dream just to give Jessica the chance to pursue her dream instead. The doe eyes girl always put the people that she loved ahead of herself. That's why she always kept her eyes on her. She would do anything she possible could in order to protect her little sister from any harm.
Whether it was physically or emotionally. 

“Hey…don’t say it like that. I wasn’t your fault.” She pulled the girl into her arms.

“But—“

“Shhh…I’m sure there is a reason behind all of this.” She pulled the girl into her arm and gently her hair as she tried to calm the sobbing girl.


                                                                                                          +++++


“Taeyeon-ah~~~”

“Aigoo! Your aegyo is really torturing me. Would you please stop it?”

Sunny stopped on her steps as she pouted. She looked at the girl with a pair of puppy eyes.

“You hate me?”

“NO! I mean…Yah! Stop making that kind of face!”

Sunny frowned as she continued her walks.

“ What do you mean by no? You hate my aegyo and now you hate my face. You know what? I hate you too, KIM TAEYEON.” She said as she walked pass the girl.

Taeyeon sighed as she followed suit behind the sulking bunny. She quickly grabbed the latter’s arm as both of them stopped in the middle of the hypermarket. Sunny looked away as she kept with her acting. It was fun to tease Taeyeon sometime.

“Look…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feeling. And I DO NOT HATE YOU. How can I hate someone like you. You’re cute. Adorable. Sweet. Beautiful. Loving. Patient. Understanding….”

Sunny couldn’t hide her content as her lips slowly curled up into a smile. Somehow, her heart was flattered with all the compliments made by Taeyeon.

“And…short…” She slowly said it with a smirk on her face.

“Huh? What did you say?” Sunny turned to face the girl who was grinning goofily at her.

“Hm? Cute?”

“No. The last one.”

“Intelligent?”

“Not that!” Sunny stomped her left feet, frustrated with Taeyeon who was teasing her. “You called me short.”

“Huh? I thought you were sulking and didn’t pay attention just now.”

“KIM TAEYEON. YOU ARE AS SHORT AS ME TOO!”

“But you’re shorter than me.”

“YOU--! UGH! HATE YOU!” Sunny stomped her way from the girl who was laughing out loud. However, she couldn’t deny how pleased she was to hear the laughter and also seeing the dorky girl having some fun. Sunny was really glad that she managed to make Taeyeon’s day.

‘I’m glad that you’re able to smile and laugh now, Taeyeon-ah. How I miss those dorky side of you.’


                                                                                                   ~~~~


Yoona glanced at her watch as she slowly tapped her pen on the desk. The meeting supposedly ended 10 minutes ago but due to some issue, it was prolong till now. She had a lunch date today and for sure she was going to be late for it. She took her phone and quickly informed her date.


                                                                                                    ~~~~


BEEP! BEEP!
 

<< I might be getting a bit late. Sorry. >>



Jessica pouted as she read the text. Her baby sister got held in a meeting again. This wasn't the first time that their date got delayed. Being the CEO of a well known company wasn't easy. You have a limited time to spent with other and maybe for your ownself. Therefore, she wouldn't made a fuss or complaint about it to her sister. Just the thought of her beloved sister making an effort to spent quality time with her was enough to make her wait for her.
 

<< It’s okay. I got nothing to do today. I’ll just wait for you here.

p/s: I miss my Sooyoungie~~ TT__TT >>



She put back her phone onto the table as she returned back to her magazine. Today, she decided to take a day off from the office. She preferred to hang out at her favourite place, Fontana café which was owned by her best friend, Yuri. She was the regular customer there and was fond with the staffs there.


BEEP! BEEP!
 

<< Okay then. I’ll be there as soon as I can. But in case, you wanna go home, let me know first.

p/s: Ugh! Stop being too clingy to Sooyoung unnie. She just fly to Japan this morning! It’s not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter