Why (1)

Story Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Hypermarket-

It was Saturday and the place was crowded with people. But it was a bit unusual today since there is a sale at the store which attract mor customers. Among them there was a couple who was looking for some groceries that they need to buy. One of them were reading some notes from her Iphone which maybe the list that they needed. While the other one was pushing the cart and look around the store while waiting for the  next instruction from the other girl.

“Why do we have to buy all of these stuffs?” She asked with a pout.

“ Because Yuri’s friend is coming over. She’s from New York. So we are just throwing some party for her. That's why we need to buy this stuffs.” She answered without looking back at the shorter girl.

“Well, I know that...but why are we the one who has to do the shopping."

The latter sighed as she stopped and face the pouting girl. “Taeyeon-ah…Yuri is fetching her friend at the airport. Sica is obviously busy taking her preciously nap time which you know what will happen if we disturb her. The maknae is doing her group revision at the library. And don’t even think of asking the other couple to do this cause the shikshin will end up dragging Hyoyeon to the restaurant and full her always-empty-tummy. Now you know why we are the one who are doing this? ” She raised her brows as she looked at her.

Taeyeon let out a heavy sighed. She knew her girlfriend was right and there is nothing she could say anymore. So, she took the cart from her girlfriend and pushed it towards the vegetables area.

“Sometime I wonder how did I end up with this bunch of weirdoes as my best friends.” She murmured before she glanced back at the other girl who was still looking at the list.

“Yah, midget. Hurry up!"

Taeyeon pouted as she walked towards the grumpy girl. “How could she call me midget…She’s shorter than me—”

“Don’t have to put that sulky face on Tae. And I heard what you said just now…” Sunny said sternly.

Taeyeon cupped before grinning at her. “I love you, bunny.”

Sunny rolled her eyes at her dorky girlfriend.


                                                                                                          +++++


The day was one of those days, when the rain seemed to pour down any minute and the sun was hidden by the clouds. It was a dark and gloomy day where everything seemed quiet, too quiet. A girl with beautiful face, a shoulder length black hair and lovely round eyes had been sitting on the bench for awhile now. Her face hadn’t showed much expression, or if it did, it would show a frown. She had been waiting for a certain deer to come and meet her as they had agreed.

Suddenly she heard footsteps coming towards her. She lifted her head up and met with the lovely doe eyes girl who was approaching. As much as she wanted to rush and lost herself in the girl’s arms, she decided not to as she saw the emotionless look on her face. She stayed still till the girl sat next to her. She glanced at the empty space between them. It hurt her. It hurt her so much to see how much they had drift apart. They used to be sitting together with her head resting in the girl’s arms, cuddling but now everything changed in just the blink of an eye. They were just like two strangers who sat on the same bench.

“How are you?”

She was a bit surprised when the girl suddenly asked her. She turned to look at her. Yet, she was disappointed when her eyes didn’t meet the other’s. The girl was looking ahead instead of looking at her. She sighed dejectedly.

“Fine.”

Usually she would never feel bothered by the silence between them. But not today. The girl’s silent was silently killing her.

“Well—“

“Let’s end this.” 

She snapped her head towards the girl. She stared at her. She couldn't believe what she just heard. “Wh—what?” She stuttered. 

“I want this to end. I want us to be just you and just me. Two different people.” The girl answered short and firmly.

She stood up abruptly as her eyes were still fixed on the girl who had her head hanging low, avoiding her gaze. Her mind was still trying to absorb every single words that the girl just uttered. It just sound so ridiculous to her. 

“What are you talking about?? Are you full aware of what you just said?!!” 

The girl kept silent.

“What is going on with you? I thought we already made a promise that no matter what happen we won’t give up on each other. We won’t break apart. You promised me that!!”

“Promises are made to be broken…” the girl slowly murmured without looking at the furious girl who was standing in fron of her.

Her words felt like needle. It felt as if the words just stabbed into her heart. tears were already running down her cheek as she heard those hurtful words from the girl. It frustrated her even more when she saw the expressionless look on her face.

“Damn you!!” She shouted. “This is not you. No. You’re doing this purposely don’t you? You’re just playing around with me right? Stop this nonsense! Just stop!!”

The girl took a deep breath. “I lied. I was just playing around with you. Actually, I’m in love with someone else. We were on a break when I met you. But, now, she came back. And I'm with her now. Tiffany, you were just a pit stop for me. I don’t feel the way you did. So, before I hurt you more, I want to put an end to this.”

It felt like the world was crushing down on her. Every single word from the girl brought an unbearable pain to her heart. She couldn't believe everything she said. But, there is nothing she could do to prove that. 

“I wanna break up with you, Fany-ah…” 

“Do you really mean that?”

Silent.

“I’m asking you!” She raised her voice as she was getting impatient with the girl’s silent.

Slowly, the girl stood up from her seat and lifted up her head, revealing her lovely pair of doe eyes. Yet, her beautiful eyes were overshadowed by mixed emotion that was unexplainable. “Yes.” She said while looking into her eyes. “I really meant what I’ve said. It’s over…” With that she turned and walked away leaving the stunned girl standing alone with tears running down her face.

“Why…?”

She muttered as the rain suddenly pouring down and soaked the broken hearted girl. She fell on her knees as she cupped her face. The rain did wash away her tears but it didn’t wash away the pain that she was feeling. Her heart was shattered into million pieces by the girl that she love with all her heart.

                                                                                                                ~~~~~

 Yuri pulled the handbrake before turning off the engine. She smiled upon seeing her friend who was sleeping soundly. She gently shook the sleeping girl beside her. It has been almost an hour since the girl fell asleep while she drive them to her place.  “

Tiff? Tiffany…” 

“Huh? Oh, Yuwree—ah…” She rubbed her eyes as she let out a small yawned.

”Aigoo…stop calling me with that kind of accent. I know that you can perfectly call my name.”

Tiffany grinned at the tanned girl before look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter