Why (6)

Story Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


*Yoona's POV
*Tiffany's POV


“Choi Sooyoung!! Get me some cold drink now.” Jessica shouted from the living room which caused Tiffany,Hyoyeon and Taeyeon to laughed along as they saw the pouting sulky tall girl walking towards the kitchen.

“Oh! Bring some snacks too!” Taeyeon added.

“UGHH!!!” She groaned as she continue her way to the kitchen.

“Hahaha…seriously girls, is it really okay to boss her around?”

“No worries. This is a common thing that happened to us. Her team lost the best. And unfortunately, she’s having a day off today. So, she had to bare it alone today. Hahaha…”

Tiffany smiled at the girls. Yet, her mind was thinking about the game that they had last night. It was one of her happiest day after a long time.




“The team that loses is going to clean up the house and be the maid for one whole week!” Sunny stated the so called prize for the game.

“Deal!” The other girls shouted.

“Okay. Team selection time. Rock, paper scissor!”

After few minutes later, they finally managed to form a team. And as usual, complained could be heard all over the court. Luckily, they weren’t so many people. Yuri had already booked the court for them.

3 vs. 3

Yoona, Yuri, Hyoyeon, 

Sooyoung, Sunny, Seohyun

Meanwhile, Tiffany and Taeyeon would be the judges and the time keeper. While Jessica, well, as usual being the non-atheletic supporter.

“Hahaha…you’re so gonna loseeee!!” Hyoyeon provoked the other team since she was with the two taller girls who had been active with sports. 

“Yah!! KIM HYOYEON. We are quite even here. One shorty for each team.” She said while pointing at Sunny and also to her girlfriend.

Tiffany chuckled as she watched the girls provoked each others. And she soon smiled warmly as she saw the interaction between Yoona and Seohyun.

“Hey, Seororo!”

“Ummpphh…Unnie! Stop calling me that!”

“Why? You should feel honored that I combined your name and your hero, Keroro.” She teased the younger.

Seohyun pouted. Actually, she didn’t mind being called Seororo cause it was Yoona who named her that. Plus, she loved her Sergeant Keroro!

“Haha…well, be careful okay?” She said as she ruffled Seohyun’s hair.


Those caring gestures and look in your eyes
It never changed
I wish I was Seohyun…



-5 minutes later-

“NICE ONE YOONG!!” Yuri ran towards Yoona who just made a 3 point shot and gave her a high five.

Yoona grinned at her opponents before running back to her position. On the other hand, Tiffany was watching the game, well, she was actually watching the doe eyes girl the entire time. Yoona’s athleticism was something that she didn’t know. It was a fact that Yoona’s body looked fit enough but she never knew that the girl was a very active kind of girl.


The sweat.
The excitement in her eyes everytime she was about to shoot
The wide goofy smile and grin whenever she scores
Such a charmin—ugh!! Hwang Miyoung! What are you thinking about??


Tiffany quickly shook the thought out of her mind and focused back on the game. Sooyoung passed the ball to Seohyun who was guarded by Hyoyeon. Seohyun quickly tricked the shorter girl and moved away from her. She saw Sunny who was free without anyone around her.

“Unnie here—off!” She tripped as she fell on the floor.

“Seohyun!”

“Maknae!!”

“Hyunnie!”

Yoona was the first one to reach Seohyun as she looked at the girl worriedly. “Are you okay? No, don’t move!” She warned the as she gently held her ankle. 

“I—I’m okay unnie. It’s just a little sprain.” Seohyun said as held in the pain. But, she was telling the truth though. She was not in a lot of pain. That was why she said that.

After taking a look on her ankle and sure that it wasn’t anything serious, Yoona turned to face the younger girl. “Aishh…told you to be careful!”

“Hehe…no worries. I’m fine. Let’s continue. Ah! ” She stood up only to feel a slight pain on her ankle.

“Okay, that’s it. You’re out. No more game for you.” Yoona said before she lifted the girl in her arms and brought the girl to the side court. She placed the pouting girl carefully on the seat. “Stop pouting at me. No matter how cute you look right now, you’re still not going to play. Taeyeon unnie, please put some ice on her ankle.”

“But, what about the game? Who’s going to play?” Sooyoung suddenly asked.

“Oh..no. Don’t look at me.” Jessica glared at the girls.

And as if they were having the same mind, all eyes were shifted to Tiffany who was looked at them nervously.

“Do you know how to play?”

“Er..Kinda.” She replied back to Hyoyeon’s question.

“Problem solved!” Sooyoung announced excitedly.

                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~

 

“Weeehhhhoooo~ we’re catching up! Be careful girls! We gonna beat ya!!” Sooyoung danced dorkily at them after Sunny made another 3 points shoot.

Hyoyeon hit Yoona’s arm which caused the girl to yelp in pain.

“Hyo unnie!!”

“Yah! What happen to you?? You haven’t score as much as before since Tiffany came in!! I know that you’re being so lovey dovey to her but don’t drag us along! I don’t wanna end up cleaning up the house for a week! Ughhh…you know what the girls would do to me~~”

Yuri chuckled as she watched Hyoyeon whining at the speechless Yoona. She glanced at Tiffany who was looking at the two girls as well. 

“Well, seemed like both Tiffany and Yoona do have something for each other.” She said to herself as she took the ball from Taeyeon. “Okay, girls! Ready!”

She quickly passed the ball to Hyoyeon who already sprint ahead. Hyoyeon caught the ball and was about to shoot when her tall girlfriend arrived and block in front of her.

“Aihhh!! Yah shikshin! Move!!”

“Not so fast, Kim Yeosal!!”

Hyoyeon glared at her girlfriend but this time, it didn’t work as Sooyoung was guarding her really well. She made a fake move and turned back before passing it to Yoona who had Tiffany tailing her. She tried to lose her but Tiffany was doing well. As she dribbling the ball, her body touched with Tiffany which sent shivers to her body. She shrugged it off but their close proximity made her heart beat faster and she lose her focus as the ball fell from her hand. 

“Oh..not again Yoona!” Hyoyeon whined as she watched Sunny scored another 2 points.

Taeyeon chuckled at the poor girl who just got scolded by Hyoyeon. “Well, girls, you have another minute to go.”

“Yoona! Better focus now.” Hyoyeon warned once again as Yoona nodded her head.


Aisshhh…
Focus Yoona, focus!!


She said as she glanced at the girl beside her. She gulped. Their closeness had totally taken a toll on her. How could she focus??


I’m so dead.


The ball flew from one side to the other as Sooyoung passed it to Sunny who dribbled it passed Hyoyeon. She was about to aim when Hyoyeon had returned back, blocking her way. Sunny searched for her other two teammates. Sooyoung was absolutely got beaten by Yuri who was guarding her tremendously. So she turned to her right where the other girl was running away from Yoona.

10 seconds to go.

9


“Tiffany!” She called as she threw the ball up in the air for her to catch it.

8

7

Tiffany was running towards the ball and was about to jumped when she suddenly slipped. 

6

5


Oh, God.


She closed her eyes as she prepared herself for an incredible pain as soon as her body touched the ground. Yet, she suddenly felt a hand wrapped around her waist as she was falling to the ground. And to her surprised, it didn’t hurt at all as her body touched the floor.

4

3

2

She slowly opened her eyes and was left breathless as her eyes met with a pair of beautiful doe eyes.

1

“Are you okay,Fany-ah?” Asked the worried looking girl who was underneath Tiffany with her arms wrapped around her waist.

Tiffany couldn’t move her body and neither could she shift her gaze from Yoona’s eyes. She could feel the beating of her heart as well as Yoona’s. She stared at the pair of beautiful eyes before slowly shifted to the cute pair of lips. Without realizing it, she was already leaning towards Yoona who was also drawn to her. Both of them closed their eyes as they lips were about to meet.

“EHEM! EHEM!”

Both of their shot wide opened as they heard the shorty girl’s voice. 

“Girls~ please behave yourself. Not in the court please.” Taeyeon added teasingly to them.

Tiffany quickly got off Yoona and smiled awkwardly to the other. On the other hand, Yoona slowly got up from the floor and gently held her arm.

“You’re okay?”

Tiffany was surprised with the question. She didn’t expect to see the wariness that still lingered on Yoona’s face. She slowly and nervously nodded her head. “I—I’m fine.”

Yoona nodded her head as she released Tiffany’s arm from her grasp. As she turned facing the girls, she was shocked to see that all eyes were on them. They were grinning goofily—no not goofy but freaky! She let out a sigh. She was too concerned with Tiffany that she forgot about the others who were watching them the whole time.
 


Aih…these girls rea—OH!
Suddenly something hit her mind.
Ddid—did we were about to kiss????
She snapped her head towards Tiffany who was already walking out of the court while fanning her reddened face.
Oh. Crap.




“Someone is smiling like a fool here...” Hyoyeon suddenly said while pointing towards the blushing Tiffany.

“No I’m not!”

“Yes you are dear…” Hyoyeon got up from her seat and went towards Tiffany. She sat down beside her while hugging a pillow. “How was it??”

“Huh? How was it what??”

Hyoyeon smirked as she looked at Jessica who was smiling at them. “See. She’s trying to act innocently after what she had—oh, almost. Almost done to your beloved little sister.”

Tiffany frantically waved her hand and shook her hand. “No! No! It was just an accident. I didn’t—“

“UNNIES~~!”

Once again she was saved by the bell, as the maknae greeted them cheerfully as she walked into the house. Despite her injured ankle, the girl seemed not bothered by that as her girlfriend, Suzy held her arm, helping the girl walking towards the living room.

“Hey Seohyun. And hey Suzy, you’re back.” Jessica said as she made some space for the girls to sit.

“Hi unnies.” Suzy greeted as put her and Seohyun’s bags on the floor. She then went and sat down beside Seohyun who already being hugged by Jessica.

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes as she watched the maknae being spoiled by Jessica. “Yeah. Your girlfriend is here, and instead of cuddling with her, you’re more excited to be with Sica? Aigooo…”

Seohyun grinned and stuck her tongue out at Hyoyeon. “She’s fine with it. Right, baby?” She asked the smiling girl beside her before leaning and gave a soft peck on the girl’s cheek.

“It’s okay.” Suzy replied back as she was blushing due to the kiss she just received. “Plus, I should be thanking you girls for taking care of her while I was away on my trip. You know how clumsy she can be.”

“Yah! I’m not clumsy!”

“Then, explained the bandaged ankle you have there.” Suzy raised her brows waiting for her explanation.

“Well—that’s…ugh! Sica unnie!” She whined like a little kid as she knew that she couldn’t defend herself.

Suzy chuckled lightly as she patted the girl’s head lovingly. She knew how stubborn and uptight Seohyun could be. But, Seohyun always turned into a cute, spoiled alike kid whenever she was with her unnies. And Suzy had no problem with the closeness between Seohyun and the unnies, caused she knew how much the unnies meant to Seohyun. Plus, the olders really care about Seohyun too.

“SEO JU HYUN!! YOU’RE FINALLY HOME!!”

All of them turned towards the voice and saw a tall girl came into the living room, smiling widely with drinks and snacks in her hands.

“Unnie, if you think I’ll help you with the punishment, then you’re going to be disappointed.” Seohyun was well aware of her shikshin unnie sudden joy. She pointed at her ankle as she looked at Sooyoung. “I’m hurt. So automatically I’ve been exempted from the bet.”

“WHAT?? THAT’S NOT FAIR!!”

Seohyun sighed as she made her puppy face. “Well, if you insist, okay, I’ll help you. But if Yoona unnie knows—“

“FINE!! Just stay there! “ Sooyoung groaned as she put the snack and drinks on the table before slumping on one of the couch. “I’ll be dead if Yoona knows it. Gosh, that girl could be scary sometime. She’s really protective over you. Just look what happened last night. She was damn worry once she saw you fell down.”

“Hehe, lucky me! Don’t be too jealous about it Sooyoung unnie.” She said teasingly.

Sooyoung glanced at the girl before smiling warmly. “No, I won’t be jealous about it. But, you, Seohyun-ah should really be careful next time. Don’t get yourself hurt easily. You know that Yoona would be really worry if anything happen to you.”

Seohyun understood what Sooyoung meant as she nodded her head. “I know unnie.” She took a deep breath as her face changed into a serious one. “Truthfully, I really wish that she would stop being too worry about me.”

“Well, I don’t think it’s easy for Yoona unnie to do that.” Suzy interrupted as she placed her head on Seohyun shoulder.

“I know…” She slowly mumbled.

“She still can’t forgive herself.” Jessica slowly added as she let out a heavy sigh.

Tiffany who had been silent and listening to the whole conversation, scrunched her brows at Jessica’s word.

“She can’t forgive herself?” She repeated while looking at the ice princess. “What do you mean?”

Silent filled in the hall as Tiffany looked at each one of them who seemed a bit hesitant and nervous to answer her question.

“I—I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to pry. Just curious. That’s all. Well, you don’t have to tell me though.” Tiffany said as she smiled at them. She didn’t want to cause any discomfort between her and the girls. She knew her place and she knew that she had no right to meddle around with their privacy.

“I owe my life to her.” Seohyun suddenly said. “I did tell you before right?” She questioned Tiffany who slowly nodded her head. “But, Yoona unnie think otherwise. She blames herself for the thing that had happened to me.”

“What thing?”

“Seohyun got into an accident. We almost lost her.” Suzzy interfered as she held and intertwined her hand with Seohyun. The hurtful memories slowly came back into their mind.




*Flashback


It was a Saturday night. Jessica, Yuri, Sunny and Seohyun were at home, sitting together while watching the TV in the living room. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were out having a dinner date between themselves while Taeyeon and Yoona were still at the radio station. 

Jessica eyed the younger girl who kept looking at the clock that was hanging on the wall. 

“Seohyun-ah. Do you have a date with Suzy tonight?”

The younger girl turned around. “Huh? Uh…no. Why?”

“You keep looking at the clock. What’s the matter?”

Seohyun bit her bottom lip as she stared at Jessica.

“Erm…it’s almost midnight.”

“So?” Yuri who was sitting next to Jessica questioned the latter.

“Yoona unnie should be home by now.”

“She must be working late at the office with Taeyeon.” Sunny said.

“But I already text Taeyeon unnie and she said that Yoona unnie had gone home already.”

Seohyun’s explanation did catch the girls attention. Sunny sat up straight while Hyoyeon put down her magazine. Yuri and Jessica had already set their eyes on Seohyun.

“What?”

“Have you tried to call her?”

“When did you text Taeyeon?”

“Did she tell you anything before she went out this morning?.”

Seohyun gulped as she was getting question by each of her unnies. Slowly, she answered they question.

“I did try to call her Yuri unnie, by she didn’t pick up. Even my texts haven’t got any reply. And, she didn’t said anything when she went out. Not even a word, Jessica unnie.” She paused as she looked at the worry Sunny. “I text Taeyeon unnie just awhile ago and she said Yoona had left around 9.30 which is almost 2 hours ago.”

“This is not good.” Jessica murmured as wariness crept inside her heart.

All of the girls were aware of Yoona’s current condition. The girl was having a hard time with her life. Since few months ago, the cheery and active young deer had totally changed into a quite and depressing kind of person. None of them knew the reasons behind the sudden changes. They have try to make Yoona shared her problems but the girl was too stubborn. She didn’t want to talk about it. Instead, she had been avoiding them and always went out and came home late. Sometime, she came home drunk and sometime they caught the girl smoking which surprised them a lot. It seemed like the girl was about to lose her mind. Nonetheless, the girls tried to keep up with Yoona’s weird behaviors. They always kept an eye on her. They were afraid that the girl might do something stupid. 

“I’m going to the campus. Maybe she’s there.” Sunny announced as she got up from the couch.

“I’ll try to ask some bars in town where she always went.” Yuri informed as she went into her room to take her Blackberry. Being a restaurant manager, she had lot of contacts.

“Should we inform the others too?” Jessica asked hesitantly.

Sunny shook her head. “No. No need to disturb the HyoYoung couple. As for Taeyeon, I’ll let her know later.”

“I’ll try to find her at the beach. She always went there went she’s stress out.” Seohyun said as she took her bag and went out from the house.


                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~

- 20 minutes later-

Jessica had been pacing back and forth while Yuri was making some calls. She looked at her phone, but to her disappointment there was no call or texts from Yoona.

“Baby. Could you please sit down here with me. You’re making me dizzy.”

Jessica halted in front of her. “How can I sit down and relax when Yoona was no where to be found.”

“She’s a grown up. I’m sure she’ll be fine.”

She let out a sigh as she sat down beside Yuri who wrapped her hand around the anxious girl. She pull her into a hug as she tried to calm the girl. “She’s not in her right mind now, Yul. You know it. She’s different. The last time she went missing, we found her at the club, drunk and getting into a fight. We were lucky enough that the owner of the club was your friend. If he didn’t tell us about Yoona, I don’t know what would happen to her.”

Yuri nodded her head. She still remembered about that incident which happened last week. Her friend, Nickhun called her to inform about Yoona who seemed really wasted and soon involved with a fight. But, the thing that worried her the most was, during the fight, Yoona didn’t seem to fight back. In fact, she was letting herself to be hit. She end up getting bruises and stitches and not mention lots of naggings from the girls. But none seemed matter to her as she kept continue being the way she was. 

“I really—“ Yuri stopped as she heard the main door being closed. Both her and Jessica stood up from the couch and saw the missing deer walking into the house.

“IM YOONA.” Jessica said sternly as she stomped her way to the clueless girl. “WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?”

Yuri came to her side and rubbed her arm trying to ease the anger out of Jessica. “Hey…calm down a bit.”

“I’m asking you Yoona. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter