Why (5)

Story Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Tiffany's PO V
*Yoona's POV

It was 4.15 in the morning. The house was in deep silent as all of the girls were already in their dreamland. Well except for a certain deer who was sitting by herself at the backyard. Her mind was filled with thoughts that she couldn’t barely closed her eyes and off to her own dreamland.


“I like her.”

Yoona was stunned at the sudden confession. Her eyes were wide open as she stared at her best friend with disbelief look.

“I’m serious Yoona-ah. Okay, I know it sound stupid. Well, I mean, she’s the well known singer and I’m just an architect here. Plus, she didn’t know a damn thing about me. But, it’s not wrong for me to try, right? It’s not wrong for me to use this chance since she’s just that close to me now.” Gyuri explained herself. 

However, Yoona wasn’t been able to reply. Her mind was so messed up. She didn’t expect her own besfriend was having a huge crush on her—ex. All this while, she still haven’t sorted out her things with Tiffany yet, and now Gyuri came into the picture. She sure was in a hell of complication now.

“So, Yoona? What do you say?”

Yoona stared at her best friend. She could she the sincerity and determination right from her eyes. Later, she heaved deeply.

“Y—Ya. I’ll see what I can do.” She replied with a heavy weight inside her chest.



She took another puff out from the stick between her fingers. She knew that she had promised Sunny that she would try to avoid it but, well, she failed. She ruffled her hair in frustration before letting out a heavy sigh.

“I didn’t know that you smoke.”

Yoona snapped her head abruptly as she heard the sudden familiar voice from her back. Her eyes widened as she was frozen on her seat while her eyes fixed on the girl who was walking towards her.

“You didn’t look cool with it.” She said while taking the cigarette from Yoona’s finger and threw it into Yoona’s can drink.

The deer was still dumbfounded by her appearance. She just stared at the girl who was now sitting next to her.

“I went for a drink at the kitchen just now. And I saw you on my way back. So I decided to come here.” She tilted her head towards Yoona. “That’s what you’re wondering about right?”

She slowly nodded her head.

Tiffany looked up into the sky. The moon wasn’t shining as bright as she was hoping for and there were only few stars around it. “Something bothering you?” She waited for an answer from the deer but after awhile all she got was a pure silent. She turned to face the girl next to her. “The girls told me some stuffs about you. Things like…you actually spent years in Germany to pursuit your dream and well you’re now one of the best architects in your firm. Sunny, Jessica and Seohyun love you very much to the point that sometime their girlfriends wish that they were you. And many more. But one thing that captures my attention is your smoking habit which surprise me a lot. They said, you smoke when you’re bothered by something which I can’t recall you doing it back then. You always calm whenever you’re facing problems and –“

“People change, Tiffany. I change too.” She slowly said.

“Yes. People do change. But we’ll never change unless something caused us to.” She said while looking at Yoona who seemed caught up with her reply. “What yours?”

Silent filled the air as Tiffany waited for Yoona’s answer. But, as she expected, she didn’t get any.

“Was it because of the things that happen between—“

“It’s all in the past. What done is done Tiffany.” She said it casually.

Tiffany was taken aback with her statement. She looked at her carefully and it hurt her when she saw nothing from Yoona who was expressionless as if the break up was something that had no effect on her.

“It was such a huge surprise to see you here after such a long time, Tiffany. I never thought that we would be seeing each other again. But, it’s what happening right now.” She paused a bit. “I don’t know what to say. I know it has been quite and awkward atmosphere between us. And I know it’s pretty hard for us to act like nothing had happened between us. But, how long are we going to be like this?”

She turned facing the girl. “The girls had no idea about us, including Taeyeon unnie. Through these years, I managed to keep us as a secret from her. And I think there is no need for them to know about it now.”

Now, it was Tiffany’s turn to fell into silent.

“We—We can still be friends, right?” Yoona stuttered in her words as she glanced at the girl beside her.


I know that I owe you a lot of explanations
But I couldn’t bring myself to do it
It’s better for me to keep it in the dark
As for now, all I can offer to you is…friendship
I don’t know whether I could see you just as a friend…but I’ll try…


Tiffany stared into those lovely pair of dark round orbs in front of her.


There are so many things that I wanna ask you
There are so many things that I want you to explain
There are so many whys in my head

But here you are, in front of me
And none of those questions are out from my lips
And instead of explaining yourself, you’re offering a friendship to me

Friend?
Can you do that, Yoong?
Can you take me as your friend?
Cause I don’t think I can, Yoong…


Slowly, she nodded her head. “Friends.”


But I’ll do it, if that’s what you want
 

Both of them smiled at each other but none of them realized that it was a fake one. Behind those smiled, there were a huge regret and pain that they were trying to hide.

“It’s really late now. You should go back to your room.”

Tiffany tilted her head. “And you?”

“I’ll stay here for awhile. Don’t worry. I’ll get to my room in awhile.” She smiled back at her.

Tiffany nodded her head before stood up. She was about to take her step when she suddenly came to halted. She turned around and looked at the small box on the small table beside Yoona. “Well, if you’re going to be here for awhile…” She walked towards the table and took the box. “I shall keep this away from you.” She said as she waved the box in front of her.

Before Yoona could protest, Tiffany already walked towards the fence and threw it into the dustbin. “You should really stop taking it. Or you just gonna get caught again by the girls, especially Sunny. I don’t think she will let you go easily this time after the promised you’ve made last time.”

Yoona sighed. “Well, I’m trying though.”

“Try harder. For me. I—I mean, for our friendship. ” She quickly corrected herself before hastily walking away.

Yoona stared at the back of the girl, until the figure was disappearing into the house. She shifted her eyes towards the dustbin where her latest pack of cigarette were at. A smile formed onto her face as a certain memories flowing back into her mind.



*Flashback

Tok! Tok! Tok!

Tiffany quickly took off her headphone and she tried to listen to the sound once again.

Tok! Tok! Tok!

Her head swiftly turned towards her window where the sound was coming from. She knew right away the meaning of the sound as she immediately walked and opened the window. As expected, she was greeted by an angelic face who was grinning goofily to her.

“Hey!” 

“Yah! What are you thinking you’re doing??” Tiffany looked at her incredulously. 

“Err…trying to be a Spider-girl?” She said while looking dow. She gulped as she noticed how far had she climbed up. “Can I come in now? My hands are getting tired. Or do you wanna let me show you my flying ski—ooff!” 

Tiffany was already pulling the deer into her room and both of them landed on the floor, with Yoona on top of her. Instead of getting up, Yoona remained static as she stared into the girl’s eyes. Slowly, she the latter’s cheek before brushing her lips. Tiffany’s heart was racing at the touch and their close proximity.

“Hwang.Mi.Young.” 

“Yah!” Tiffany frowned and pouted when Yoona called her real name. Although, Yoona have been saying her for so many time that her name was beautiful, she still didn’t like it. 

Yoona chuckled lightly and caught Tiffany by surprise when she leaned down and gave a soft kiss on her lips. She smiled as she stared at the surprised girl under her and gave another peck on the lips before getting up. 

“What were you doing?” She asked the girl who was still flushed by the kiss. She looked around the room and so the papers and the ipod on the bed. “Practicing?”

Tiffany nodded her head as went and put aside the things on her bed. She sat down and looked at the girl.

“You shouldn’t do that again. I’ve told you mane times. What if you get hurt?” 

“Nah…I won’t get hurt. Don’t worry.” She said nonchalantly as she took the papers and read it. “New song?”

She nodded her head. “What are you doing here? It’s late. And I thought you’re going to stay late at the office tonight.”

“I did. I just got off from the office.” Her eyes were still on the papers. “Did you write this song?”

“Ya. But I haven’t finished yet. I thought of singing the song for the audition. But I don’t know yet. The audition is in another 3 months. So, I’m still open for any songs.”

Yoona nodded her head. “Want me to write one for you?”

Tiffany raised her brows, a bit surprised by the offer. “You can do it?”

Yoona pouted and sighed as she put back the papers on the desk. 

“Fine…I know I’m not a qualified or talented person who can compose a song. Well, never mind then.” She said as she walked towards the bed and lay down next to Tiffany.

Tiffany smiled as watched her sulky girlfriend. She knew that Yoona had the capability to do it. After all, the girl had been working at a radio station along side her talented best friend, Taeyeon. Of course, Yoona had learned a lot about music through this time.

Instead of saying apologies and other words to make it up back, Tiffany just simple lay down beside her, with Yoona’s arm as her pillow. Yoona turned her head and faced the girl that was staring beside her. And Tiffany was indeed right, as Yoona smiled back at her.

Tiffany’s fingers slowly traced down Yoona’s face. She could see the eye bag under her eyes. It was pretty obvious that the girl hasn’t been getting enough rest.

“You should go straight home just now.”

“Huh? Why?”

“You look awful.” She said while poking her eye bags and cheek. “You should rest.”

“I am. With you.” She simply replied.

“But—“

“I miss you.” Yoona said as she looked at her.

Tiffany stayed silent. Somehow, she felt guilty. Since they have been together, Yoona was the one who gave in a lot. She always complied with her requests for most of the time.

She wanted their relationship to be a secret.
Yoona said okay.

She wanted them not to be seen together outside which literally means no date in public.
Yoona avoided of meeting her a lot in the campus and she didn’t asked her out for a date. Instead, she always find a time where she could meet her secretly. 

She didn’t want her mom to know about them since she knew that her mom would disapprove and might as well break them apart.
Yoona was so understanding that she didn’t argue with her. Whenever, Tiffany informed her about her mom’s business trip, Yoona would always come and accompany her. And sometime, she would just sneaked into the house like what she just did, be a Spider-girl.

And lately, she has been too occupied with her classes and also her preparation for the audition. Plus, her mom had been so strict to her that she would always monitor her. Being a singer was not just her dream, but her mom’s too. But, due to all of this matter, she had been not seeing Yoona for days. She missed the girl a lot but there was nothing she could do.

Yet, Yoona never complained. Although she was also caught with her studies and also her work at Taeyeon’s, she would always, always try her best to meet the girl. As if none of the things matter to her as much as Tiffany. 

“I—I’m sorry.”

Her eyes were b with tears and it caught Yoona’s attention. She quickly shifted and faced the girl.

“Hey…what’s wrong?” Her eyes were full of concerned as she cupped Tiffany’s face.

“ I’ve been such a bad girlfriend to you.”

“Says who??”

Tiffany lifted her eyes and stared the lovely doe eyes that she always loved.

“You’ve been putting a lot with me. With my stupid requests. And I’ve done nothing for you. For us.”

Yoona smiled as she wiped away the tears that streaming out of Tiffany’s eyes. She held her chin and their eyes were staring at each other.

“Your requests are not stupid. They made sense. And you, you’ve done a lot for both of us by giving me the chance to love you and beloved by you. That’s enough for me.” She said as she leaned and kissed her forehead. “Never think like that again.”

Tiffany was deeply move by her words and gesture. She couldn’t be more thankful for having Yoona in her life.

“I love you, Yoong. I really really do.” She said as she buried her face into her chest.

Yoona smile and wrapped her hands around the sobbing girl. “I love you too, Fany-ah. With all my heart.”

                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~

“Yoong?” Tiffany called her while her eyes were still close. 

“Hm?”

“Can I ask you for something?”

Yoona tightened her arms around the girl who snuggled closer to her. “Anything.”

“Write a song for me.”

She smiled as she heard the request. Slowly, she leaned down and kissed her lips gently. “For you, I will” She whispered before deepening the kiss and both of them got lost into their own world.

*End of flashback



Tiffany’s wishes had always be something that Yoona tried to fulfill. And it didn’t matter to her whether they were still together or not caused when it comes to Tiffany, she will try her best to do it.

”For you, I will.” She whispered.

                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~

-2 days later-

“Men in black!!”

“Snow white and the huntsman!!”

“No! Snow white!”

“Men in black!”

The house was filled with loud voices which came from the HyoYoung couple.The others just sat silent as they watched the couple bickering with each other.

“How long has it been?” Yuri asked Taeyeon who was reading a book.

“Hm…” She glanced at her watch. “Around 4-5 minutes.”

Yuri nodded her head before snuggling closer to Jessica who was dozing off beside her. Meanwhile, Tiffany was bewildered with the situation as she kept shifting her gaze from the bickering couple and the other girls who seemed not affected by the argument.

“White!!!!” Sooyoung shouted at the top of her lung.

“Black! Black!! Blaccckkkk!!” Hyoyeon replied back three times more than her girlfriend.

Tiffany slowly leaned towards Seohyun who was sitting beside her. The younger was reading her book, clearly unbothered by her unnies loudness.

“Seohyun-ah.”

“Hm? Yes unnie?”

“Are—Are they always like this?” Tiffany asked hesitantly.

Seohyun giggled when she saw how surprised Tiffany was. Well, she couldn’t blame her though. All of her unnies were among the weirdest people in the world.

“Haha…don’t worry Tiffany unnie. Sooyoung unnie and Hyoyeon unnie always got problem in deciding which movie to watch. Those two have different likeness when it comes to movie. But, eventually, they will come to a decision. So, all we have to do is just wait.” She paused as she glanced at the couple. “Hm…maybe another minute will do.” She said nonchalantly before smiling innocently at Tiffany.

“I’m going to say this one last time. And its final! Show white and the huntsm—“

“You’ll be sleeping outside.” Hyoyeon said while crossing her arm on her chest.

“—smmmMEN IN BLACK IT IS!” Sooyoung change her words right away as soon as she heard the punishment that she’ll received if she stick to her movie.

Hyoyeon smiled widely before hugging the taller girl. “I know you wanna watch it! Love you! “ She gave a peck on Sooyoung’s lips before skipping her way to their room and get ready for the outing.

“And usually Sooyoung unnie will be the one who lose.” Seohyun grinned while looking at her sulky taller girl. “But no worries. Hyoyeon unnie always know how to make it up back with her.” She whispered to Tiffany.

“Okay girls! The war has finally ended. Now move! Get ready, we’re going out in 15 minutes. I repeat, 15 minutes! Now, move!Move! Move!” Taeyeon announced while Sunny giggled as she watched her dorky girlfriend acted like a sergeant.

Tiffany chuckled. She surely had fun staying with them for these past few days. She got up from her seat and walked towards the stairs.

“Oh ya. Tiffany.”

She stopped on her track and turned around. “Yes, Sunny?”

“Can you please inform Yoona?”

“Eh? She’s home?” She didn’t realized that the deer was at home cause she didn’t see the girl since last night. She thought the girl was on a business trip.

“Ya. She just got home. Yesterday, she spent her whole day at her office.” Sunny paused as she let out a heavy sigh. “That deer is a working maniac. I really hope she could change that habit.”

Tiffany sighed silently as she walked up the stairs. Both of them barely talked to each other. But she couldn’t say no to Sunny or else the girl might wonder the reason behind her refusal.

                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~xxxxx~~~~~


She stood in front of Yoona’s room and stared at the door. She knocked the door softly. She waited for a reply.

Silent.

She tried once again.

Still no answer.

She held the door knob and to her surprised it was unlocked. After taking a few of deep breath, she slowly turned the knob and pushed it. She nervously took a peek inside the room.

“Yoo—Yoona? “ She called. But, she didn’t get any respond. So, she walked into the room while her eyes scanned across the room.

It was such a simple decorated ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter