A Fool in Love (Finale)

Story Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello!
Sorry for teasing you guys just now.
Hikhik
Anyway here is the last chapter of this story
I'm not sure if I did well for this one
Hope you could drop some comment here
And please wait for my next one okay?
And lastly, THANKS A LOT!!
 

 

 


 

 

 

A Fool in Love 5 (Finale)

 

If two hearts are meant to be one,

No matter how long it takes,

How far they go,

How tough it seems,

Fate will bring them together,

To share their love forever.

 

~~~~~~

 

“I’m sorry. I’ve done my best. Right now, all we can do is wait.”

Those deadly words was too much for me to take. My legs felt weak and numbs. Thanks to Yuri, who was beside me and caught me before I slumped down on the floor. It felt like the world had collapsed and I was drown in it. I felt soulless. I just couldn’t think of anything anymore. Except, her. The love of my life.

“What do you mean you can’t do anything? You’re the doctor! Do something!!” Sooyoung was devastated. Why won’t she? Her best friend just showed up in front of her after years.But, out of the sudden, here we are in a hospital, where the girl that matter the most to us, was battling for her life. And just now, the doctor couldn’t do much to help her.

“I’m really sorry. There is really nothing much we could do. She loss too much of blood. And with her condition, as an anemic, it was a severe injury for her. We already transfer blood into her, but we still need to monitor whether her body could accept it. And I really pray that her body will. Or else...” She take a heavy sigh before she looked into each of everyone’s eyes. “I’ve known her for quite some time. Since, I’ve diagnosed her as an anemic. She’s a wonderful person, and a fighter. I really hope she could fight this one. In the meantime, I’ll do my best to help her here.”

She gently patted Sooyoung’s back before excusing herself.

“Wh—why her?”

I watched Sooyoung broke down in Sunny’s arm. I could relate to how she felt. I looked around me. Yuri was calming Jessica who was tearing. She must be heartbroken too. After so much effort to bring her back home, she didn’t deserve to face this kind of mess. Yuri on the other hand, tried her best to control her emotion. However, I knew that she was just the same as us.

“Tiffany…”

A hand gently touched my shoulder. I looked up and saw Sunny who tears were running down her face just like mine.

“I—I—“

I choked up on my own words. I didn’t know what to say to her. But, she didn’t need any words from me as she pulled me into her arms.

“I’m here for you. We—we are here for you.” She said between her sobs.

Soon, all of them enveloped me in their hug. And it broke me down even more.

“Wh—Why? Why is this happening to me? Wh—why…”

None of them could answer me as I cried my eyes out, down on the floor, in the middle of the hallway.


~~~~~~

It was a lovely morning as I looked outside the window. Birds are flying around and the flowers blossomed beautifully. It really calmed my heart. I turned around towards the bed where my precious girl were lying in. Slowly, I approached the girl and sat down on the chair next to her bed.

Beautiful. Even though she looked paler. And skinnier. Her jaw line looked more prominent now. Yet, she still looked beautiful.

“Hey, gorgeous.” I smiled even though she couldn’t see it. “Good morning.”

I took her hand into mine as I looked at her face. It has been a week since she fell into comatose. There was nothing much changes through this week. Yet, I won’t give up on her. I believe that one day, she’ll wake up and greeted me with her fluttering morning words again.

+++++

Flashback 1

"Ugh…what time is it?” I yawned as I rubbed my sleepy eyes. Yesterday was a weary day for me. I collapsed on my bed as soon as I reached home.

*BEEP! BEEP!

The sound of my Iphone caught my attention. I quickly checked the text.

~~~ It’s a beautiful morning

      So say a little prayer
    It helps you prepare for the day
    You will never know what will come today

    So, be prepared

   Good morning
  Have a super fine day, Hammy!  ~~~~

A sweet morning text from my dearest doe eyes friend, wasn’t something new to me. As we got along with each other, I’ve realized how caring and lovely she was. So it wasn’t weird whenever I received her lovely text. It actually warmed my heart. In fact, sometimes I do wait for it. And whenever it came, it never failed to make me smile.

Flashback 2

“Hwang Miyoung!”

“Ugh!” I quickly pulled my blanket up over my head.

“Miyoungie~~”

Ugh. She was making that torturous aegyo of her.

“Uhh...5 more minutes please….” I whined.

Silent. But, soon I felt the bed dipped and a body was sprawled over mine.

“Yahhhh~!!” I tried to push her off but she was much stronger than me as she stayed still.

“I’m not gonna move till you move your lazy bum off this bed.”

“Yah! Are you trying to kill me here? I’m suffocate inside this blanket.”

“I might as well do that. At least, I can actually move you from the bed easily.”

Ugh. She and her sarcastic answer. Really pissed me off.

“FINE! I’ll get up!”

She got up and grinned at me as I threw the blanket off me.

“I hate you!” I groaned as I made way to the bathroom.

“Not the first time you said that.” She said back to me.

Ya. It wasn’t the first time I said that to her. And no matter how many times I’ve said that, she would still be here for me. She didn’t take it to her heart. And I was grateful for that. Cause matter how many time I’ve said it, there was never once, I actually meant it. Never.

“Hey, Fany-ah!”

I turned off the shower. “Yeah? What is it?”

“I’m gonna go out to buy some groceries. Your fridge is almost empty now.”

“Oh…” Ya, I’ve been caught up with works lately that I’ve forgot to do some groceries shopping. Usually I just eat outside, or do some take out before I came home. And sometime, I just skipped my meals since there was nothing much at home for me to eat. But lucky for me. I got this angel. She seemed to know whenever I was out of food. She always came at the right time. I really owed her a lot. She really took care of me really well.

“Okay?”

“Huh? Oh…Okay.” I should really treat her better. I took that note into my mind as I turned back the shower.

After I’m all freshened up, I straight away went to the kitchen. And there it was. A complete breakfast was already there on the table for me. It warmed my heart yet again.

“Such a sweet cutie pie.” As I reached for the pancake, a little piece of note on the table caught my eyes.

 

~~ it is important to start you day with a smile

Look outside the window for awhile

Look at the clear blue sky

The birds are also flying high

So, freshen up a bit for today

As its starts of a bright day

Good morning ☺

p/s: have your breakfast first. Don’t wait for me.

p/s: I hate you too ☺  ~~~
 

My eyes brimmed with tears.

What have I done…that caused me to have this angel with me?

 

End of flashback

 

~~~~~~

 

“Did the Jay’s company send the quotation to us yet?”

“Not yet. But I’ve already remind them and they promised to send it by today.”

I nodded my head as my eyes were fixed on the documents that I need to sign.

“Oh, I made some on adjustment on this item. Sica unnie told me to.”

“Ya. I know about it. She already informed me about this matter.” I handed the document back to Seohyun who was sitting beside me.

“Knock! Knock! Knock~~ Guess who’s here~~”

I chuckled lightly as I heard the familiar voice which just entered the room.

“Oh! You’re here.”

“Of course I’m here, you silly. Where else could I be?”

The taller girl grinned at me before approaching her best friend.

“Hey buddy…how are you doing today?” She gently caressed her face before placing a soft kiss on her forehead. She stared at her for awhile before taking a deep breath.

“Where’s Sunny?”

“Parking the car.” She said as she sat on the couch opposite me. “Wow…you’re making this place as your office now huh?”

I could only gave a smile at her. It was true. Since the accident, I’ve been living my life here, in the same room as her. This ward has become my home as well as my office. I couldn’t leave her alone. I don’t even want to.

“Almost all of the nurses and staff recognized me now.” Seohyun suddenly spoke before chuckling.

“I’m sorry to drag you too, Seohyun-ah…” I looked at her apologetically.

“Eh. No. You don’t have to. I don’t mind at all. In fact, I’m glad I could do something for you…and her.”

I gently held on her hand. “Thank you. Thank you very much, Seohyun ah.” I really appreciated her help. She has been going back and forth, bringing me all the documents that needed my review and updating all the things that happened at the company. I’m really glad that I have her by my side.

“It’s nothing, Fany unnie.” She turned to look at the girl on the bed. “She’s someone precious to all of us. I hope she will wake up soon.”

“She will.” I said it confidently.

“Really?” Sooyoung suddenly questioned me with a sad look on her face. I know Sooyoung was just as scared as I am. We both feared the most, if ever the girl would sleep forever. I slowly reached out for her hand and held it firmly.

“You know her, Soo. She’s always sleep deprived. I think she’s trying to make up all the hours of sleeps that she has lost before. And I think it’s good for her to do that. So that she’ll wake up, all fresh and new.”

“But…when…?” Tears were b in her eyes.

“She’ll wakes up. When she had enough of it.” I don’t know what caused me to be so confident about it. But I guess, the doe eyes girls who had taught me that. Her optimism. Her words. Everything that she had done for me, had taught me to be a better person. “Soon…”

 

~~~~~

 

I quickly walked out of the lift and made my way to the familiar room. It has been almost 3 hours since I left the hospital. I hated that I had to leave. But there was some trouble at the office that needed me to attend since Jessica was out of town. This was the first time, I ever left her side for this long. And through this time, my mind couldn’t stop thinking about her.

As I entered the room, I was surprised to see Jessica and Yuri inside. Jessica was sitting next to bed while holding her hand while Yuri was watching some movie on the TV.

“Hey girl.” They greeted me.

“Hey.” I walked towards the couch and put my bag on it. “What are you doing here? I thought you’re still in Jeju?”

“The meeting end early. So I took the earliest flight. I thought of going to the office, but Seohyun said you’re already there and the problem has been solved. So I called Yuri and went here instead. Keeping your love accompany till you’re back.” She explain and didn’t forget to tease me a bit.

“Well, thank you for your kindness.” I said sarcastically before chuckled at my own words.

“Anything new?” I knew what Yuri meant. She had been worrying a lot for her cousin. But lately, she seemed down and cold towards me. “Something positive?” She continued to ask me.

“She’s still here. That’s positive enough right?”

“Fany-ah…”

I knew what she was going to say.

“I’m going to stay here. Waiting for her to open her eyes.”

“It has been a month, Tiffany. You’ve been spending all your time here.”

“Isn’t it a good thing? I’m here. Taking care of your cousin! Why can’t you see that? Is it wrong for me to stay here with someone that I love?!” It angered me when she tried to get me out of the hospital.

“I’m not saying that it’s wrong…I do appreciate what you’re doing and I’m really thankful for that but I’m just…” She choked on her words as tears brimmed in her eyes. Jessica got up and stood beside Yuri and tried to console her.

“She didn’t mean that in that way, Tiffany…”

“Then what? You know what? Lately, you’ve been so cold towards me. Why? Are you starting to blame--”

“No! That’s not what I meant. I—I’m sorry for making you feel that way. I—I just…I don’t know Tiffany. I’m just upset with myself. You know, here I am, standing here in front of my cousin…and do nothing. Just nothing. Gosh! I can’t do anything to help her. All this time, she had done so much for me but, I can’t return that.” She was already crying while Jessica stood by her side. “And you, Tiffany. You look miserable, Fany-ah. You’ve been staying here every days and nights. You barely have time for yourself. Every time I walked in here, it breaks me whenever I saw my lifeless cousin on the bed with all the wires around her. But it break me even more to see you here, disregarding your own self. Just, take a break. Go home. Rest yourself. Sica and I can take care of her while you’re gone.”

I was overwhelmed with Yuri’s word. I felt bad for thinking wrongly about her. And it made me realized how much I’ve neglected my own self. I looked at myself. She was right. I’ve lost weight. My body, was not as healthy as before. I felt tired. But, I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about her. I need to be near her. I need her.

“I’m sorry for letting it out on you.” I gently held her hand. “I really appreciates your concern. But, I can’t do it.”

“We don’t know till when she will wake up.”

“She will. But until then, I’ll stay by her side.” I smiled at her before looking back at the girl whom I loved dearly.

Both of them nodded their head before enveloped me in their warm hug. I felt really grateful to have them. After an hour, they decided to take their leave.

“Don’t forget okay? Call us. And give yourself some rest, okay?”

I nodded my head at Yuri’s word.

“Hey.”

“Huh?” I turned around to face Jessica who was standing behind me. “What is it?”

“Here.” She handed me a book which I believed was a diary. “I just found it under my car seat. I think she must have accidently drop it last time.”

I looked at the diary.

“I’m sorry. I did read a bit of it. But, I think, you should read it. I believe you’ll find all the answer that you’ve been looking for in it.” She gently patted my back before walking out with Yuri.

 

~~~~~~

 

***

 

What a small world it is? I thought I’ll never meet the crazy eye smiling girl again. But, boy, I was wrong. I met her again at Soo’s wedding. It turn out that she’s Sunny’s good friend. And not just that, she’s actually the M&M clothing designer. The company that I’ve just merge with mine. Such an unexpected kind of event, right?

Nonetheless, I’ve also met the person who caused such a heartbreak to the girl. Somehow, I couldn’t stand seeing how much the girl struggle in front of her ex. That’s why I stepped in. And I’m so glad that she didn’t mind about it. In fact, we’re friend now. That’s good isn’t it? Somehow, my heart felt so much ease whenever I’m with her. Seems I’ve just earned myself another awesome friend.

And, oh. Her name is Tiffany.

Or should I say, Hammy? :)

 

***

 

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter